Post your latest purchase!

Home :: General Discussion :: Post your latest purchase!Reply
Post your latest purchase!
Posted on: 08.01.2012 by Takisha Daugherty
I believe this would be a fun thread, what have you all bought recently?

Here's most of what I bought this past week, thanks to Christmas bonuses and gift cards:

(but with GREEN wheels )

and this t-shirt:

What about you?
Marcos Zelko
Got an early x-mas gift for myself

And one for my buddy
Jenna Skeem
Been on some MAJOR RGAS in the past 3 weeks

387919_10151300059091101_556318154_n.jpg

This is my favourite purchase, 2 x techncis 1210's, DDM400 , and all blue flightcases to go with them

also bought an A10 (thanks to Itchy Gash of this site) and an x1 and case as well as SSL glow in the dark CV's , which was only for aesthetics , i dont even own a ssl box :P
Tamela Batara
I was having similar problems to you when deciding on a mixer Liambo.

And all the pros and cons you have listed were seriously considered.

In the end, I went for the DB4. I decided that the DJM 900 wasn't enough of an upgrade over the 800 I had just sold to warrant the extra cost. Only just had it set up, so not done a serious mix yet, but had a play with a couple mappings, and a quick attempt at getting scratch up and running (not a Traktor guy, so need to figure that bit out).

Also bought a reloop contour controller for loading up tracks to the DB4, as I have yet to purchase new CDJ's (wish they would hurry up and nexus the 900's, lol).

I did VERY nearly buy the 900 just so I could hook up an RMX to it, but then decided that the DB4 effects were better than anything I had heard from a Pioneer anyway, so decided to go A&H instead.

Happy. Very.
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by JDFS
Congrats! Like what kind of reasons?
Reasons are quite simple really..

DB2: I would have always kicked myself for not buying the DB4 and later down the line end up buying the DB4.

DB4: This was the serious contender but at the end of the day i sat and thought about it. Even though i love the build quality of the A&H's the faders are just that little bit too long for me. I don't enjoy using them as much. I wouldn't have the Send/Return for my RMX and also not have the 'On Air' part with my CDJ2000's (No biggie but still a factor). Final thing - Traktor Certification, not really an issue, just a positive for the 900.

DJM2000: I don't know, i've always wanted it since it came out but in the end i opted for the DJM900 after testing them both at WestendDJ. I still prefer the 2000 but i'm quite happy with my decision.
Dorie Scelzo
I finally got around to upgrading my MBP to 16GB ram and adding a 240GB SSD in place of the optical drive (which was broken anyway…never got around to having it repaired).

It still doesn't look like much, but it's kind of awesome so far. The install was as painless as any upgrade I've ever done.
Sherrell Dargenio
x113KiV701-F[1].jpg

Great deck for my car. Just got this along with some highly average speakers for my winter beater. Can't wait to put the good stuff (along with this deck) in the summer whip in April.
Basil Forshee
Originally Posted by Liambo
The new setup that i've been considering for about 6 months now has finally arrived and been tested for a few days now

2x CDJ2000 Nexus'
1x DJM900 Nexus

I have a few reasons i chose the 900 over the 2000/DB2/DB4 and other mixers

Congrats! Like what kind of reasons?
Palma Hanslip
I have two 1200 mk2's out of image (one each side). Also have 2 1210 mk2's but they are in my studio in a 100% vinyl setup
Brunilda Kora
Throe in a copuple of 1210's and you've got my dream set-up...
Palma Hanslip
The new setup that i've been considering for about 6 months now has finally arrived and been tested for a few days now

2x CDJ2000 Nexus'
1x DJM900 Nexus

I have a few reasons i chose the 900 over the 2000/DB2/DB4 and other mixers

Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by IznremiX
You jumping off the digital ship? What you gonna pair it with?
Lillia Datson
I ordered a 12'inch 600w active sub and was told ''sorry we've screwed the order up and got you a 15'inch 1200w Active sub instead. Do you want it for the same price as the 12'inch?''

eeeerm yeah go on then. Saved about a ton!

308781_10152252850650707_14619926_n.jpg

Lads living on my corridor and adjacent blocks in fact, aren't too happy....
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Nice! Did you get the deluxe?
Deluxe all the way!
Francene Klimmek
Finally bought Traktor. €39 is a no brainer.

Will see how it handles with the CDJ 900 with HID.
Valeri Holderness
aw yeah!
Alease Fitch

My new speakers ^^
Marion Reily
quite fresh! ^^
Werner Bile

Traktor F1/X1 case/stand. been meaning to pick one up for awhile and finally did.
Ervin Calvery
It's been a good weekend - I'm going to be getting a lot of mail!

So far, I'm just happy with the Ganzfeld EP and the new Burial record on vinyl.
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by tekki
Still depends on space and how close you are to them.

I wouldn't want a sub in my attic studio, as that that would bring too big a punch.
That's true to a degree, but if it's not there, it's just not there. If it's too loud, you can turn it down.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by NoizeuNit
just picked up my Wii U on my lunch ! w00t
Nice! Did you get the deluxe?
Nevada Edgette
I got a sub to go with my Mackie mr5s and it sounds great. I have the subs running from my mixers booth output that way I can control the volume with the knob.
Chong Mine
Depending on your budget, if you need some monitors anyway, perhaps invest in some other speakers for DJing and keep those for production?
If you want them to pack a punch, get the Mackie MR8s, beasts.
Random X
Nice!
Kasandra Kreindler
just picked up my Wii U on my lunch ! w00t
Random X
Still depends on space and how close you are to them.

I wouldn't want a sub in my attic studio, as that that would bring too big a punch.
Tatum Ansaldo
Get a sub. 5" monitors are never going to have truly impressive low end.
Edwina Fagel
Oh man, I love your setup.
Anyways, for me speakers and headphones are things that I learn to love over a longer ammount of time.
It's never like oh, I bought a new setup and I love it, so maybe let them play in and see if you are starting to like them more.
Nereida Jasnoch
So last week I asked in a thread what some people around here recommended as speakers/monitors for your bedroom DJ set up.
deevey recommended me some Samson Media One 5a's and it seemed like the best way to go at the time, so I decided to buy a pair.

They have 2x20 Watt and a 5 inch sub. The thing is, to be quite honest I don't like em. I tested them doing a short dubstep and dnb set. The mids and highs are crisp and clear and the kicks are well defined (sorta) but they lack in the low end. I 'm playing a well produced song so they shouldn't lack bass right ? Because the songs obviously have a "bass melody" if you get what I mean and that part of the song that is a quite essential part is only faint.

What should I do ? Return them to store ? Because I don't really enjoy listening to music on them for DJ or everyday listening purposes. Or should I spend more money and get a sub to display those sub 50 Hz frequencies that I'm missing ? Or should I keep them as studio monitors (something I still don't have) but a lot of people advised against using these in the studio.

Please advise. Thanks.
Kamala Temple
Originally Posted by DarioJ
^^^ What no DB4? lol
Haha not yet not yet! I made a trip out to Vegas and LA (i'm on the east coast) and they pretty much ran my funds dry for a minute, had too much fun. And Christmas is coming soon, i'd say January might be the month to pull the trigger. But it is coming soon.
Judi Sissel
^^^ What no DB4? lol
Kamala Temple
Latest addition to my small (But growing ) vinyl collection. Bonobo - Black Sands.
Random X
nice, fokaisnake!
Nevada Edgette
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by The Pancaker
Nice choice with the M&P! Do you have full size caliber as well?

I'd love to buy a .22 pistol. But I'd also love an M&P .22 carbine lol.

Nah. I thought about getting an m&p 9 but I'm not totally in love with them and I believe I will be set with the steyr for a full size pistol. I wanted something to practice with and just shoot a lot cheaply and figure it will be useful even if it doesn't carry over exactly- and it is a lot closer than something like the walther p22 and ruger sr22s which I looked at..

Yeah I have an M&P 15-22 on my wishlist as well. A while back I had an M&P 15R which was cool but the closest outdoor range is like an hour from me and it seems kind of a waste to shoot rifles in short indoor ranges.
Loyce Mekonen
Nice choice with the M&P! Do you have full size caliber as well?

I'd love to buy a .22 pistol. But I'd also love an M&P .22 carbine lol.
Nereida Jasnoch
Afraid burglars are gonna snatch your studio gear ?
Romelia Stankard
Smith & Wesson M&P 22

Steyr M9-A1

(not my pics, I take both of mine home tuesday after the wait period is over)

Related if anyone saw Skyfall...
Ciara Cuttill

woot!!!
Cassie Sangermano
Just bought myself 2 of these:

TITANA_08_D.jpg
Titan A15 Subs to pair with my Titan 15a tops for some big gigs I've got coming up in December.

Also bought a pair of:

244154.jpg
American DJ Comscans (which when dmx'ed together look awesome)

and:

244160.jpg
American DJ Color Burst 8 for a bit of fill lighting

Along with an American DJ UC3 wireless controller to control them both and my REVO 4.

My DJ setup is now complete!! (for a while.....)

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy