VCI-400 Problem

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI-400 ProblemReply
VCI-400 Problem
Posted on: 20.11.2011 by Lise Kleinhaus
Hello,

i have a Problem with the Filterknobs on my VCI-400. I show this Problem in this Video:

http://youtu.be/J-kWu1YmEyM

If anyone have an answer let me know.
Kraig Bluebird
Originally Posted by Jack Bastard
Have you tried using ASIO4ALL? I've pretty much talked myself into getting one but would rather be forewarned of any potential issues. I believe your laptop maybe a bit underspecced though.

Anybody else splashed out yet?
Not yet but I will try the asio4all soon. I'll also upgrade my RAM, I mean the VCI 400 is not complete unusable but scratching via jogwheels just won't work with this latency. But I know that my specs aber absolutely MINIMUM for traktor pro 2.

@weltraumpapst: Will you throw your S4 in the garbage or operate the controllers parallel to each other?

@basics: I believe you would need an adapter for the power plug and you would pay additional tax so the price will probably be around 799 Euro = 1074 $ + International Shipping + taxes

So I would rather wait until march and buy one directly in the states
cheers
Penelope Coughenour
Ive been believeing about buying this, but im from the US. is there a difference if i get it shipped to me? Like power converter, etc. Or is this product going to be identical to the ones we (US) will get in march mext year? Thanks for the reply.
Tennille Wesenberg
We need a dtt mapping.....please !!

Originally Posted by JP3000
Thx man, I believe there is a lot of stuff for me to try out.

I have a 1,66 GHZ core 2 duo plus 1 GB Ram und 80 GB HD.

Do you believe an increase in Ram would make any difference? Ram could be easily upgraded...

The 82ms latency sucks really hard, the jogwheel feeling is not very decent.
Have you tried using ASIO4ALL? I've pretty much talked myself into getting one but would rather be forewarned of any potential issues. I believe your laptop maybe a bit underspecced though.

Anybody else splashed out yet?
robin loo
just purchased the beast for 671
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Yesterday
Could you please tell me how you would set up the output routing?
I don't understand how you would do this since you can only choose one audio device in the Audio Setup. Is it possible to use the Audio 4/6/8/10 as audio device and the VCI only as a mixer?
The scratch sound card and the VCI would both be plugged in via USB. Then you would select the scratch certified sound card in Traktor's audio preferences and set the routing accordingly. Then you set the in/out ports for the VCI when its mapping is selected and you're good to go. No sound would come out of the VCI and nothing would be connected to it. Your TT's would each plug into the Scratch sound card.
robin loo
Originally Posted by Yesterday
I don't understand how you would do this since you can only choose one audio device in the Audio Setup. Is it possible to use the Audio 4/6/8/10 as audio device and the VCI only as a mixer?
yes. if you have another soundcard for scratch you use the vci just as midicontroller..
Demetrice Silberg
Originally Posted by photojojo
If it's just two turntables then an Audio 4 or 6 would work.
Randa Barczykowski
@JP3000: Did you try to set a lower latency in the driver? Click the "Settings" button to bring up the driver's control panel, and select a lower latency.
robin loo
yeah.. you just have to wait for them to release other codes to get a discount..
Kecia Wnukowski
http://www.meinpaket.de/de/freizeit-...ighlights.html
Kraig Bluebird
Thx man, I believe there is a lot of stuff for me to try out.

I have a 1,66 GHZ core 2 duo plus 1 GB Ram und 80 GB HD.

Do you believe an increase in Ram would make any difference? Ram could be easily upgraded...

The 82ms latency sucks really hard, the jogwheel feeling is not very decent.
Kraig Bluebird
Note: This is only valid for the guys living in Germany!

Meinpaket.de is a german marketplace platform which offers regularly discount codes (14-16%, depends on the value of your purchase) -> check herefore mydealz.de oder hukd.mydealz.de, these sites list the codes if they reappear

Especially in the christmas time they crank up some mad discounts

As a lot of decent DJ gear is listed in their stock by some renowned german resellers, you get DJ gear which normally sells for fixed prices (especially the controllers)

In my eyes this is the only possible way to get the gear discounted as normal resellers don't lower the standard prices (looks like an price oligopoly btw)

The trick is that the marketplace provider (in this case DHL Germany) is paying the bill
robin loo
Originally Posted by mekon_ca
where did you get it for 670eur ?????
+1 .. will buy one as soon as a good mapping is out there (hurry djtt )
Eli Hergonz
where did you get it for 670eur ?????
Kandra Fagler
@Zilch: I just took a glimpse at your blog and I believe it could definitely be a S4 killer. I believe the layout is much more sophisticated. The faders are replacable very easily as well so you can use it longer. I have to get used to the jog wheels but I believe they serve their function.

I have to figure out how I can use Timecode Vinyl, because the VCI 400 is not yet certified by Traktor. I hope I don't have to buy an additional Audio 8 DJ.
yes exactly, i just cant imagine having to send in the S4 into native instruments in germany everytime a fader has problems, the first year could be free (is it?) but what about after the first year? if we have fader problems we'd have to either fork out a lot of cash to send it to germany and get NI to fix it, or risk fixing it ourself

one of the main reason i got the Rane ttm-56s as my analog mixer is because i can trash the faders silly and not having to worry about it - ever, with the S4 i always worry about the faders , i mean i live in singapore (pretty damn far from germany) and i sometimes really wish theres an easy slot on the S4 to remove the faders instead of opening the whole unit to access the faders

could be just me, but im pretty sure im not the only one
Cliff Lohman
I wonder if NI will cockblock vestax on scratch certification on this controller.. Seems like it really could be an s4 killer if people get some dope mappings put together.

Ill bet it doesnt get scratch certification..
Leeanna Ayla
I have to figure out how I can use Timecode Vinyl, because the VCI 400 is not yet certified by Traktor. I hope I don't have to buy an additional Audio 8 DJ.
If it's just two turntables then an Audio 4 or 6 would work.
Kraig Bluebird
@Zilch: I just took a glimpse at your blog and I believe it could definitely be a S4 killer. I believe the layout is much more sophisticated. The faders are replacable very easily as well so you can use it longer. I have to get used to the jog wheels but I believe they serve their function.

Leeanna Ayla
Heres a little light reading material.

http://www.djranking s.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

http://www.djranking s.com/2011/10/0...-dual-booting/

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+processing
Kraig Bluebird
Sorry guys, I'm quite busy right now so I can't provide you an extensive review, but I believe there are already a few out there on the internet.

For example this one with some detail pictures:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/11...io-controller/

By the way, I paid ~670
Kandra Fagler
Ah man I want one too!
Rodger Seferovic
Wow can we get a review?
Kraig Bluebird
Originally Posted by norequest
How did you get one of these units already? Are they selling the
?
Yup you can buy it already in Germany. Got mine today and have to say - this is the uber coolest controller you can imagine.
Lashay Walchak
How did you get one of these units already? Are they selling the
?
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by Burky
so i check it with the EQ Mapping. This works fine, all the way up and down. But when i manual map the Filter, the same Shit again.

In the Mapping tsi ist no Filter ON Mapping. I have the same Idea...but there is no Mapping Filter ON, that really suprised me...
mapping isnt one of my strong points but ive seen stuff like this happen before and it always is something midi related.. it may not be obvious but there is definitely something sending a signal to traktor to shut off the filter.

Are there modifiers in the vci400 mapping? The mapping experts on this site can confirm but my 1st thought is that there is some modifier with one of ur pieces of gear that basically triggers a midi signal that shuts the filter off.

Do you know what midi note that knob is sending? If so, look thru the entire mapping for any other references to that note. Then check the modifiers to see if that note is used in any kind of a way.

I still dont fully grasp modifiers to their full extent but I had a problem where basically some other controller (lets call it controller B) button would turn on if I did something on the seperate midi controller (lets call it controller A). Somebody helped me troubleshoot and it turns out that controller A had a modifier that caused a midi out signal to go to controller B.

Lastly, do you have other controllers in use with traktor? If so, the above example could be going on.

If not, do you have any old controllers that are still in the controller manager in traktor prefs? If you do, delete the old controllers if you dont need them.

And my last piece of advice is to maybe check the midi commands that are being caused by turning that knob (I use bomes sendex which is a free app). It can A) detect midi in signals and B) it can send signals to a specific device. It may be useful in troubleshooting..
Lise Kleinhaus
so i check it with the EQ Mapping. This works fine, all the way up and down. But when i manual map the Filter, the same Shit again.

In the Mapping tsi ist no Filter ON Mapping. I have the same Idea...but there is no Mapping Filter ON, that really suprised me...
Sherilyn Lacinski
go into the mapping and delete the "filter on" command that is mapped to that knob

then once you turn it all the way to the left it wont shut off on you.. then just click to turn the filter on in the software and leave it on

Im not sure if there is an easy way in traktor to map "filter on" to turn off when it's in the center position
Lise Kleinhaus
Ok, thx for the reply. But i saw no Issue in the Mapping. But i believe i change the Mapping for this Knob and i look what happens.
Percy Keehan
the filter is turned off in the software once you turn the knob all the way to the left. definitely a mapping issue. One of the workers probably made a small mistake. No worries!

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy