VCI-400 Problem

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI-400 ProblemReply
VCI-400 Problem
Posted on: 20.11.2011 by Lise Kleinhaus
Hello,

i have a Problem with the Filterknobs on my VCI-400. I show this Problem in this Video:

http://youtu.be/J-kWu1YmEyM

If anyone have an answer let me know.
Israel Sulka
It behaves as if the Traktor transformed 14bit to 7bit and 14bit supported only in HID.
In Mixvibes Cross i set the choice of 14bit for pitch fader
Alia Lial
well I tried more with Torq (I cant get the jog to map on torq ;() and I get .1% increment without thing much about it 8 time out of 10
So i went back to traktor and ... well I can get .1% increment but I have to look for it ...
(it does not really make sens as I doubt that's it is software related so may be it's just me , please note that I'm used to at least 2.5 time longer fader..)
Melinda Wubben
Originally Posted by Ifred

resolution of the pitch fader nudging get you a +- .2% with +- 8% boundary
there is a +-2 nudge on the 0 zone
0.2% - oh crap, this won't do at all then. I thought Vestax claimed these were 14-bit faders, so that's hugely disappointing. That's going to be useless for manual beatmatching (and the faders are a little short anyway)... thanks for the info Ifred!
Alia Lial
I find the unit really responsive, and I never experience such a low latency before.(but I only have been using an M-Audio controller)

Can not comment on the jog

resolution of the pitch fader nudging get you a +- .2% with +- 8% boundary
there is a +-2 nudge on the 0 zone

playback freq is possible up to 96KHz
record freq is reported up to 192KHz (I have to check this further)
Melinda Wubben
Now that a respectable driver is out, can any of you guys comment on the jog wheel precision and response? Possibly in comparison to the S4 and the VCI-100 1.4? (Usually setting jog acceleration to 0% in Traktor helps get the most natural response, hint hint)

Also, how is the resolution of the pitch faders? With the standard 8% range in Traktor, how small are the increments when nudging the fader?
Alia Lial
We now have a native Asio support of 44Khz, that was missing before !

=> point to fix imho
For people who want to also use there vci-400 as a sound card to play system sound / non mixed music / movies / what not / because there on board sound card is crap.

A way to be able to select either the main or the headphone as front output
(currently front is routed to the rear of the VCI-400)

=> more mapping

And we'll be all good
Alia Lial
all right !
As far as the shared Waspi is concerned, the VCI-400 Apear as a 4 channels sound card.

L/R being mapped to the master out
SL/SR being mapped to the headphone.

I would have personally preferred 2 devises ( one for the master, one for the headphone)
But this is a good start

Thank you we are getting there

And we have access to the audio input as a sound card from a editor (wavosaur) for ex .. !
Andra Demin
new driver! http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=362
Alia Lial
I have no latency issue. But I'm still rather disappointed that:

1) I cant use the vci-400 as a sound card under windows
2) The devise is presented as "your choice & your way" but nearly a month after the release if you are not a traktor user you are out of luck.. The allegedly bumbled software serato into is not even available.. (makes me wonder about the review I read..)
3)printed lay out is odd I did not pay attention before actually havong the unit in hand ..but the logic of the layout is illogical compare the other controller : the way some control oar symmetrical and some are not is poorly though imho.

yeah.. kind of disappointed so far, build quality is great with the exception of the volume and cue that feels cheep.
Can not comment much on the rest as I really could not use the devise, with a software I know.. Time to get on traktor ? Your Style, Your Rules .. not ..
Chun Domres
1. balanced to rca in thru djm 800. low sound levels plus some distortion.needed to put main at +4db to actually match the other djs sound levels.
2. couldnt cue after 1 hour. cuepoints kept going awol.mixing became a evening mare without cuepoints.had to restart to get it back.
during setup loose power points!just switching on the vci 400 dislodged the power cable!

traktor pro 2 with vci 400 with sony i3 4gb ram.

words anyone?
Andra Demin
on my vci 400 i have latency >10ms, all looks fine - didn't have time for a proper tests, jog wheels are awsome, lots of possibilites for shift/modificator buttons = mapping almost done... i want to use it with launchpad as a midi fighter waiting for a driver from vestax but still i wouldn't change vci 400 for nothing else. xmos is the future i guess - NI are going for it in next versions of traktor for sure.
Kiera Swell
Sorry for being so angry to Vestax. They do their best to fix this issue.

Happy christmas to you all!
Israel Sulka
I bought yesterday Reloop Jockey 3, metal design, great jog wheel and high-quality processing as VCI400, has a very powerful sound output, latency of 6.3ms, working as a mixer without a computer, perfect
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Goomo
So... News from my side:
I
Chun Domres
got it! the touch sensors beside the cf curve....adjust that to your feel...sorry guys....thanks a mill for the concern!

Originally Posted by jazziejay
help! everything works except vinyl mode....what am i missing? traktor pro 2 with vci 400 ....my gig starts in 3 hours....sigh!
Have you got the latest version of Tpro?

Originally Posted by Goomo
I
Chun Domres
help! everything works except vinyl mode....what am i missing? traktor pro 2 with vci 400 ....my gig starts in 3 hours....sigh!
Kiera Swell
So... News from my side:
I
Alia Lial
Ok using the mapping for traktor provided on vestax web site I managed to get the input working.
I was not able to make them work with vdj (included with the box) , and was not able to make it work with torq..

anyhow vestax use XMOS chip for the vci-400, and it's a pia to get generic driver for the sound card.. *joy*

*Seems NI is also going to use XMOS in future product.
Alia Lial
using a wave editor I could not find any "asio input"

I'll take any advise on how to route it using any software
Kacy Wehrmeyer

Did you manage to understand how to use the line in ? and IF there is a way to listen to the CD in with the head phone ?

I'm usually rather computer & audio savvy but I have to say vextax kind of puzzle me in some aspect
isn't it routed through the software using this method?

Originally Posted by escapemcp
That's how it works... there is no 'mixer' in the VCI400, so you have 2 options:
1) Route straight to the output bus, meaning no volume control on the channel
2) Route into Traktor (dunno if you can route into Itch/VDJ/etc) into a deck. To do this you have to set the "Input Routing" switch on the rear of the unit to "Deck C/D" (which you have already done - I believe it only 'reads' this switch when you turn the unit on, so switch the 400 off, switch it over to "Deck C/D" and then switch on the unit). Then you use "External Input" in Traktor - switch the 3-position switch on the front to the rightmost position to do this (or if it has been remapped, hover over deck the "C" or "D" (top right of either deck) in Traktor, I *believe* a little down arrow then appears, and then click on it and choose "External Input". You can then use the 400's faders/EQs/filter to control it. Means you can also get FX on your external channels.

Hope this helps!
Alia Lial

Did you manage to understand how to use the line in ? and IF there is a way to listen to the CD in with the head phone ?

I'm usually rather computer & audio savvy but I have to say vextax kind of puzzle me in some aspect
Kacy Wehrmeyer
ok
Since you seems to be close to vestax , do you know if there will be any chance to have non ASIO windows drivers ? and a full access to the sound card ?
Vestax let me try a beta out. And have been good to me.

I am under instruction to not publicly share. But that's cool because it's released soon.

The version I have may change.

The reason I posted the results was to give people HOPE, that a FIX is on the way.

The new driver/firmware has lots of options with the ASIO. And after the update there is vestax asio and another option which I assume is the widows driver. I forget what it's called.
Alia Lial
ok
Since you seems to be close to vestax , do you know if there will be any chance to have non ASIO windows drivers ? and a full access to the sound card ?
Kacy Wehrmeyer
how do you access the vextax control panel ? I dont have any thing close to what you posted?

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9...enshot084h.jpg

it is the new driver/firmware
does more.
Wait a few days and it will be out.

it's better.
Alia Lial
well.. have look at mine..

For information vestax does not include any native windows drivers (it does not cost much) and there is no way to access (as far as I can tell) the input of the devise from a software.
Israel Sulka
how do you access the vextax control panel ? I dont have any thing close to what you posted?
In Traktor Preferences / Audio Setup, press Settings button
Alia Lial
Originally Posted by RD444
I went back to control panel and clicked the driver again to uninstall and it said it had been uninstalled

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9...enshot084h.jpg
robin loo
for those of you who had a S4

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=326
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Azu
I would also test v152, where to download files?
They are just finishing it

New Driver/Firmware is out this week or next
Israel Sulka
I would also test v152, where to download files?

PM'd.

I owe you a drink
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Jack Bastard
That's a damn sight better than v1.0 and it's taken about a month to be put out. Certain other companies could do with taking a leaf out of Vestax's book
i was believeing that today

on further tests i believe

256 buffer and standard USB streaming mode is most stable at 9.3ms

(256 low latency was 7.3ms had a odd crackle with 4 decks and 6 FX!)

but this new driver and firmware is boss. If Vestax go home for Xmas and you want the new FW for NYE, PM me for the files (I'm sure they will be ok about it) I have sent my report to them so they will probably be up tomorrow anyway.

That's a damn sight better than v1.0 and it's taken about a month to be put out. Certain other companies could do with taking a leaf out of Vestax's book
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Jack Bastard
That's wicked news RD

I just mailed support to see if I can get hold of the new driver/firmware before my NYE gig. Let us know the results of your test.
Heres the results = Very good

I use kaspersky Internet security
I uninstalled the driver (but Kaspersky didn't like it)
it said uninstall successful but driver was still there in add remove programs
(but until I clicked it, it was still in the program list)
I went back to control panel and clicked the driver again to uninstall and it said it had been uninstalled

-- my opinion - best to turn off antivirus before install

new driver VestaxASIO_v152 'kaspersky questioned but installed'
new firmware vci400_d006 installed quickly(Old firmware :PID 0x0230 -New firmware:PID 0x0231)

--
default install of driver was set to 'safe' and could not change when ASIO was running,
so it kept having an annoying message about driver stability when changing Buffer.

• minimum latency -- crackle
  • low latency - great
  • standard -great
  • relaxed -great
  • safe - questioned buffer sizes under 1024
  • extra safe - questioned buffer sizes under 2048

can change sample rates in 41 48 88 96 (all others than 48 were slightly more latency - larger were more unstable)

buffer sizes on low latency were great (standard and relaxed add about an extra 2ms each time)

512 low latency was 12.7 ms
512 standard was 14.7ms
256 low latency was 7.3ms
256 standard was 9.3
Windows driver was 20ms

+positive

• Tested for an 2 hours
  • VERY positive for Stability
  • VERY positive for Low Latency

- negative

• should say to turn off Internet security on driver uninstall screen (and maybe say to turn off Internet security on install screen too)
  • default setting was 'safe' (not able to change mode while running traktor)when i changed buffer in 'safe mode' got a pop up message' saying buffer too small

odd thing - Also I am using traktor and there was a delay in the "ASIO buffer and latency"reading in traktor after changing the buffer size.

• traktor prefs audio card
  • settings for vci400
  • change ASIO buffer, close window
  • Traktor still shows the old buffer and latency
  • sometimes change after a few seconds or reopening the vci400 settings window

(Not sure if that is important, but this was unusual thing to happen.)

Over all i am very happy with the new driver and low latency

That's wicked news RD

I just mailed support to see if I can get hold of the new driver/firmware before my NYE gig. Let us know the results of your test.
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Protom
Hi,
new driver is online on http://www.vestax.com or
http://help.vestax.co.jp/ja/usr_data...xASIO_v103.zip

Have a nice day!
Tom
dude i have new firmware and driver from vestax today

it's not out yet

VestaxASIO_v152 & d006firm

so hold fire

so far its been really good
Freida Koot
Hi,
new driver is online on http://www.vestax.com or
http://help.vestax.co.jp/ja/usr_data...xASIO_v103.zip

Have a nice day!
Tom
Sulema Eshel
Originally Posted by derbischof
Hi everybody
i have a problem with the signal from vci 400. If i connect a cd player on chanel one or two the signal will be routed directly to the master out. I can`t controll with the fader even i use the sitch on the back of the vci 400 dosn`t matter.
Any ideas ? what i can do ?
Thank greets from switzerland
der bischof
That's how it works... there is no 'mixer' in the VCI400, so you have 2 options:
1) Route straight to the output bus, meaning no volume control on the channel
2) Route into Traktor (dunno if you can route into Itch/VDJ/etc) into a deck. To do this you have to set the "Input Routing" switch on the rear of the unit to "Deck C/D" (which you have already done - I believe it only 'reads' this switch when you turn the unit on, so switch the 400 off, switch it over to "Deck C/D" and then switch on the unit). Then you use "External Input" in Traktor - switch the 3-position switch on the front to the rightmost position to do this (or if it has been remapped, hover over deck the "C" or "D" (top right of either deck) in Traktor, I *believe* a little down arrow then appears, and then click on it and choose "External Input". You can then use the 400's faders/EQs/filter to control it. Means you can also get FX on your external channels.

Hope this helps!

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy