VCI-400 Problem

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI-400 ProblemReply
VCI-400 Problem
Posted on: 20.11.2011 by Lise Kleinhaus
Hello,

i have a Problem with the Filterknobs on my VCI-400. I show this Problem in this Video:

http://youtu.be/J-kWu1YmEyM

If anyone have an answer let me know.
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by DJQA
Looks great!

Can you comment on the pitch fader resolution, jog resolution and response and achievable latencies please? Still seriously considering the VCI-400, I just wish they had gone with full-size 10cm pitch faders...
there is a new audio driver coming out, i'll know more then.
Melinda Wubben
Originally Posted by RD444
stickers on
Looks great!

Can you comment on the pitch fader resolution, jog resolution and response and achievable latencies please? Still seriously considering the VCI-400, I just wish they had gone with full-size 10cm pitch faders...
Johnetta Olewine
I believe most of the problems outlined here are "in the laptop" to be honest.
Patrica Boshart
Already solved the problem. The VCI 400 is fine, the problem was in the laptop,
Thanks
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by derbischof
Hi everybody
i have a problem with the signal from vci 400. If i connect a cd player on chanel one or two the signal will be routed directly to the master out. I can`t controll with the fader even i use the sitch on the back of the vci 400 dosn`t matter.
Any ideas ? what i can do ?
Thank greets from switzerland
der bischof
Do you have to switch the front switch to deck mode to external? I'm not sure. Or is that for something else?
Tien Mcconaha
Hi everybody
i have a problem with the signal from vci 400. If i connect a cd player on chanel one or two the signal will be routed directly to the master out. I can`t controll with the fader even i use the sitch on the back of the vci 400 dosn`t matter.
Any ideas ? what i can do ?
Thank greets from switzerland
der bischof
Andra Demin
looks great! can't wait for mine ...
Kacy Wehrmeyer
stickers on

I did the bottom button first - stuck them in the middle and worked to the outside
Then then the main large pads stickers, one of mine had to be cut with a craft knife because the sticker was not cut out properly!
I left the blank bits in case i want to blank out a word on the template

The middle involves having to take the fader off (I don't use the sampler but the middle looks better black)

front right was the hardest because of the sticker shape has open areas and only a thin bottom bit

Was Pretty easy to do, had to blow a bit of dust off. BUT things I don't like is the stickers are matt and if scratches with anything like a finger nail they go shiny (test this out on a blank area of the sticker)

Anyway I thought I'd share:

Looks better in real life than the pics, I believe it make the deck definitely look better, i wonder how it will hold up though?

Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by itodj
I've done everything I have said, but the problem is that the VCI 400 no midi signals, the audio card if it goes well but fails midi driver.
Tomorrow I'm going to the store to try it and if not right to me changed.
Thank you all for your help.
Best Regards
Its the only thing i believe of that the VCI400 is not set as the MIDI port in traktor.

also did you see the troubleshotoing page on vestax site

http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/catagoly.php?parent_id=392
Patrica Boshart
Originally Posted by RD444
  • Ctrl+Alt+Del (Task manger.)
  • Find Traktor.exe
  • Right click - go to process
  • Right click process - set priority to 'realtime'

(initially for 10 minutes, it had a positive response to low latency without drop outs, but i need to run more stability tests) I need a bit more time to see if it actually is a fix.

Also this setting did not have to be set for any other gear (Reloop DJ2, Audio2DJ, Vestax VCi100mk2). So it is still a little odd that the more expensive unit needs this setting?

@Goomo - Did this not work for you?

did you try Azu's solution?

• Traktor preferences
  • Find the Mapping page
  • import the vci400 tsi
  • Select the Vci400 midi map (not the keyboard one) on the drop down
  • Turn to all MIDI inputs and outputs to Vci400 setting (on the input and output drop down.)

*NI=Not Intuitive
I've done everything I have said, but the problem is that the VCI 400 no midi signals, the audio card if it goes well but fails midi driver.
Tomorrow I'm going to the store to try it and if not right to me changed.
Thank you all for your help.
Best Regards
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Goomo
Sorry, I`ve already sent my VCI-400 back and ordered the Numark N4... hopefuzlly this one will work better.
N4 looks good, plus saves some money. less money to replace if it gets broken at a gig. Hope it goes well. If you change your mind back vci400 might be sorted by then.

I remember when DJing was easy
Kiera Swell
Sorry, I`ve already sent my VCI-400 back and ordered the Numark N4... hopefuzlly this one will work better.
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Azu
On same computer where VCI-400 in Traktor 2.1.2 drops sound, work Pio DDJ-T1 perfectly on 5.3ms and CPU usage max 43%. F*** Vestax Driver.
  • Find Traktor.exe

(initially for 10 minutes, it had a positive response to low latency without drop outs, but i need to run more stability tests) I need a bit more time to see if it actually is a fix.

Also this setting did not have to be set for any other gear (Reloop DJ2, Audio2DJ, Vestax VCi100mk2). So it is still a little odd that the more expensive unit needs this setting?

yes of course, is connected to a power supply.
Traktor and Virtual detect the sound card of the VCI 400, but no midi signals.
In Traktor I put the midi learn and do nothing.
I guess I have to return to the store.
did you try Azu's solution?

Originally Posted by Azu
in preferences traktor in section controllers import tsi and set port!
  • Traktor preferences
  • Find the Mapping page
  • import the vci400 tsi
  • Select the Vci400 midi map (not the keyboard one) on the drop down
  • Turn to all MIDI inputs and outputs to Vci400 setting (on the input and output drop down.)

*NI=Not Intuitive
Patrica Boshart
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
it does not detect the 400 but traktor does? have you plugged it into a power source..?
yes of course, is connected to a power supply.
Traktor and Virtual detect the sound card of the VCI 400, but no midi signals.
In Traktor I put the midi learn and do nothing.
I guess I have to return to the store.
Israel Sulka
On same computer where VCI-400 in Traktor 2.1.2 drops sound, work Pio DDJ-T1 perfectly on 5.3ms and CPU usage max 43%. F*** Vestax Driver.
Israel Sulka
in preferences traktor in section controllers import tsi and set port!
robin loo
I've tested and does not detect any midi device
it does not detect the 400 but traktor does? have you plugged it into a power source..?
Patrica Boshart
check with midi monitor if the unit is sending out midi correctly..
I've tested and does not detect any midi device
robin loo
check with midi monitor if the unit is sending out midi correctly..
Patrica Boshart
yes, this also happens to me with virtual dj
Patrica Boshart
yes, this also happens to me with virtual dj
robin loo
Hi all,
just got the VCI 400 and I have a problem, the computer recognizes and installs fine but when I open traktor pro 2 recognizes the VCI 400 midi signals but do not send data or jogs, faders, buttons or knobs, nothing does nothing.
If you load a track and hit the play with the mouse, the music goes by the VCI 400 but nothing works, or volume or anything.
Please if you can help me, thanks.
My computer is Intel Core 2 duo, win xp, 2.26 ghz, 4 mb ram,
have you loaded a tsi in traktor?

http://help.vestax.co.jp/ja/usr_data...v1.0.1.tsi.zip
Patrica Boshart
Hi all,
just got the VCI 400 and I have a problem, the computer recognizes and installs fine but when I open traktor pro 2 recognizes the VCI 400 midi signals but do not send data or jogs, faders, buttons or knobs, nothing does nothing.
If you load a track and hit the play with the mouse, the music goes by the VCI 400 but nothing works, or volume or anything.
Please if you can help me, thanks.
My computer is Intel Core 2 duo, win xp, 2.26 ghz, 4 mb ram,
Dionne Bullock
Hey Goomo,

Sorry this took long. I am not sure this will help, but firstly, the Vestax people seem to be aware of a driver issue that occurs in versions up to 2.1.1. This particular problem is supposed to be gone in 2.1.2. Have you ever updated to 2.1.2?

Azu, I am sorry you had to let go of your 400... The 400 comes with a brand new sound card... perhaps the sound card wasn't quite ready yet...
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Azu
Anyone use the VCI-400 real on PA in the club?
I try XRL output form VCI-400 on PA (RCF TT22-A + RCF TTS12-A) but master output is low. In the programs is an indicator of the red peak. Sound from my NI Audio 8 DJ has at 40% more than VCI400
I'm interested in this too, does anyone have a volume comparison to other outputs from other decks or audio cards?

To set the CPU priotity you have to start Traktor and while running you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to the Task manger. There you go to the running processes and right click on the Traktor.exe. There should be an option available to change the priority...
What i did was:

• Find Traktor.exe

(initially for 10 minutes, it had a positive response to low latency without drop outs, but i need to run more stability tests)

This really helped me yesterday, but i ran out of time to do more than 10 minutes testing. So I need a bit more time to see if it actually is a fix.

Israel Sulka
Today released a new version of Serato DJ intro, but the VCI-400 is still not supported!
Israel Sulka
Anyone use the VCI-400 real on PA in the club?
I try XRL output form VCI-400 on PA (RCF TT22-A + RCF TTS12-A) but master output is low. In the programs is an indicator of the red peak. Sound from my NI Audio 8 DJ has at 40% more than VCI400
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Quick update

I had a blast on VDJ

its good in some ways, different to the traktor map with fx hotkeys on the rubber buttons. But its a bit windows95. and the effects are shockingly bad.

But its good to have a blast on something else other than traktor for an afternoon.

Back to latency.

I jammed traktor for an hour on 512 buffer, seems pretty safe on the (massive) 20ms latency.

but back on any other 256 or 128 was bad

BUT .....

i tried the Task Manager setting priority for traktor.exe (cheers for that little tip )

on 'highest' it was still a bit problematic but on 'realtime' it seemed to cope even on the lowest 5.4ms latency. (i only ran the test for 10 or 15 minutes)

so it might be good news

I need to re-establish trust in audio not dropping out, but for now it seems better with the TASK Manager setting to 'realtime' for traktor.exe

is 'realtime' a bad setting to have it on?

also Power supply........ I am promised a replacement, but i don't hold much hope for the robustness if i can break it getting it out the box a few times. When the power supply stops, the VCI400 looses all control in traktor, even after the power is back on. so it's really a bad thing to happen.

if the power for the vci400 has been interrupted, Is there a way of re-engaging the controller to control traktor, without having to close traktor and open it again?
robin loo
he was talking about VDJ. not traktor..
Kiera Swell
Ohhh, I forgot. Thats totally right.
Leeanna Ayla
You'll still need to load the mapping since the VCI-400 isn't NHL like the X1's.
Kiera Swell
You shouldn`t need a mapping. There should be on eon the vestax internet site... or in the internet. This controller comes with a version of virtual dj... so it should be mapped.
Kacy Wehrmeyer
Do i need a mapping for the vci400 to get virtual DJ to work?

I thought i might give it a blast, but part of me is a bit reserved.
Kacy Wehrmeyer
The driver problem was in most case with the windows 7 os. So you could be lucky.

There are many reasons why I
Kiera Swell
The driver problem was in most case with the windows 7 os. So you could be lucky.

There are many reasons why I
Kacy Wehrmeyer
quick question:

What software is the guy g00m0 using to DJ in the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h78HVvlvCGM

I'm believeing of trying other softwares rather than traktor

it says DJTT Uploaded by g00m0 (is that you posting here bro?)

also mentions the latency issue...

This is a little VCI-400 Routine by me. I have to excuse the timing problems. The VCI runs with its built in soundcard only with latencys higher 21ms on Windows system.
Andra Demin
thx for the response = now i'm 98% sure i did the right thing - still pc issues give me headaches, i've been mixing with kaoss pad 3+lunchpad+ pcr500+electribe mx1+ipad+maya44 (all with my custom mappings) for a while now and adding new toy to the setup will deffinetly change the priorities of the gear i use will see then... wish me low latency hehehe
robin loo
Originally Posted by matloh
yeah but from when? - second week of november? od first week of december?
could it be i'm buying a test unit or something? hehe i'm paranoid i guess but you never know - the price is lower then official vestax price here in poland... almost 130$ lower
2nd week of november seems to be right.. i was confused as well, cause it was announced beginning of dez, but was available here in november..

i dont believe any reseller will sell a test unit..

and the prices on manufactur homepages are always higher than in retail..
Andra Demin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6K2lYWigA - gianabrotherz says he got 10,2 latency on pc with 32 bit xp 2.4 dual core so i guess it's worth a try...
Andra Demin
yeah but from when? - second week of november? od first week of december?
could it be i'm buying a test unit or something? hehe i'm paranoid i guess but you never know - the price is lower then official vestax price here in poland... almost 130$ lower

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy