VCI-400 Problem

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI-400 ProblemReply
VCI-400 Problem
Posted on: 20.11.2011 by Lise Kleinhaus
Hello,

i have a Problem with the Filterknobs on my VCI-400. I show this Problem in this Video:

http://youtu.be/J-kWu1YmEyM

If anyone have an answer let me know.
robin loo
it is already released in europe..
Andra Demin
and i have a small question =- the shop, in which i'm buying my vci 400, told me they got the new vci400 in second week of november, as a first part of euro release - i heard that the lunch is/was in december - is there a possibility they're selling me the test version of vci? they say it's new and packed and so on. how can i check it?
Andra Demin
i'm getting mine vci 400 in a week. i have a pc with vista 32bit sp2, p8400, core 2 duo 2,26 GHz, 4 GB ram. well, what can i say, i'll take the risk then. - they have to fix those problems with latency and i guess they will. the've been testing it on mac/pc right? does anybody have same problems like Azu and Goomo? If i'll have to wait for 2 months for a driver of firmware update - so be it. but if not? are there any chances they won't fix it?
Israel Sulka
Goomo: I have at home more than 1 year DDJ-T1 and MEP7000 + DJM5000, here wanted something smaller to backpack so VCI400 bought here, but with Traktor 2 under Windows it is useless (in other programs or Traktor Pro 1 VCI400 works well)
Kiera Swell
Traktor Pro 2.1.1
Karena Jethwa
which version of traktor pro 2 are you running?
Kiera Swell
@Azu: Which one will you get instead?
Rolande Posso
I am glad I saw this thread on a windows machine was gona get one for xmas believe I will wait now !
Israel Sulka
My VCI-400 back to the store tomorrow.
Driver not compatible with Traktor 2 under Windows, low master output, Serato Intro is still not available, bye bye Vestax and go back to Pioneer
Kiera Swell
I`ve already read this community ... this PC is much older than my one. I`ve got an Intel DualCore 2,0GHz with 3GB Ram, which totally meet the minimu requirements. And there can`t be a problem with my system... other controllers and soundcards works great. Even the VCI-400 with my old external Yamaha recording card delivers 15ms of latency... So its definitly a vestax driver issue.
Mendy Yaws
@Goomo: Maybe it's just your unit and / or your system.
This is a german post on the latency of the vci 400 on an old windows pc:
http://www.deejaycommunity .de/36-dj-soft...nz#post6459125
Kiera Swell
I`ve already done that... all the way from germany. In their answer they linked me up to the official german vestax community ... to a post of me, which includes the info that there is a driver update coming, which sets the CPU priority... So nothing new from them. I wrote back... and gave them a view tips, how they should handle their costumers and what not should happen, if you wanna sale a pro-controller for controllerists...
I was a little bit angry... Got no feedback so far...mmhh
Kacy Wehrmeyer
cheers bud

i emailed [email protected] today

I'll see what comes of it
Karena Jethwa
i believe it could be an acpi power management thing with your windows machines.

I had the same issues with my old windows laptop did a whole bunch of registry fixes to sort it out.
Kacy Wehrmeyer
I blasted aroud for about 1hr today at 512buffer 21ms latency, with no audio jumps. (But 512buffer is pretty lame) and it was jumping on 512 yesterday. one audio dropout is too many i've decided.

256 buffer was crackly and jumpy. with drop outs.

I might try that CPU priority thing, can i change it back?

I might ring vestax today, What is the UK support number or email?

also Numark

I used to DJ with 4xNumark Axis 9s. loved them lots but some gigs you would have to switch them on and off 30 times to get them to come back on during a set! so i treat Numark with a little bit of caution.

Originally Posted by Goomo
To set the CPU priotity you have to start Traktor and while running you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to the Task manger. There you go to the running processes and right click on the Traktor.exe. There should be an option available to change the priority...

@Kolt: Every comment is helpful in this case. I`m really jeleous about your 6ms... thats practically 0. This was the latency I mentioned when I ordered this one. I really feel like I`ve payed 800 to be Vestax Beta-Tester... Makes me angry so I`ll definitly send my one to where it comes from.

Next year the N4 will come up. A four deck controller you also could use as standalone and with timecode. And now there is the punch right into the face... It will cost around 400
Kiera Swell
To set the CPU priotity you have to start Traktor and while running you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to the Task manger. There you go to the running processes and right click on the Traktor.exe. There should be an option available to change the priority...

@Kolt: Every comment is helpful in this case. I`m really jeleous about your 6ms... thats practically 0. This was the latency I mentioned when I ordered this one. I really feel like I`ve payed 800 to be Vestax Beta-Tester... Makes me angry so I`ll definitly send my one to where it comes from.

Next year the N4 will come up. A four deck controller you also could use as standalone and with timecode. And now there is the punch right into the face... It will cost around 400
Mendy Yaws
Sorry, I know that that won't help you, but just for the record:
Works great with 6ms on my 2007 MacBook Pro. No drop outs, no hustle...
Kacy Wehrmeyer
So... Now I
Kiera Swell
So... Now I

I'd guess it's because we're on v1 of the drivers. I can only get 20ms out of mine without problems whereas I can get 16ms on ASIO4ALL on my internal soundcard.

Send an email to Vestax support telling them about it and wait a bit for an updated driver.
Kacy Wehrmeyer
I had a vci100mk2 before it never dropped out

New vci400 results

"set the latency" to

setting 2, buffer size 128 latency 5,4 = drop out every few seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQwI5...ature=youtu.be

setting 4, buffer size 256 latency 10,6
setting 8, buffer size 512 latency 21,4 = drops out about every 15 minutes
setting 16,buffer size 1024 latency 42,6
setting 32 buffer size 2048 latency 85,4

I tried turning mutli thread on off no difference

also my CPU is on about 33% when it drops out? surely it would peak if that was the cause?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xR_u...ature=youtu.be

also PSU - after 3 hours use (road ready....good luck for the gig)

seriously though i feel i should expect absolutely no drop out during a live performance? The vci100mk2 never did anything like this?

Why is it 48 only rather than 41?

why can't we switch the sample rate to 44100 hz
Kiera Swell
Originally Posted by Azu
DJ MiCL: Problem not in my hardware and configuration, but in Traktor 2, if other programs are working well and does not just Traktor 2. In Traktor 2 my CPU usage only 7 - 28%
In my opinion the problem is on side of the VCI-400. Other controllers work very well with Traktor. Its a compatibility-issue.
Israel Sulka
DJ MiCL: Problem not in my hardware and configuration, but in Traktor 2, if other programs are working well and does not just Traktor 2. In Traktor 2 my CPU usage only 7 - 28%
Dionne Bullock
I have a mapping problem: Theres a shift button on the VCI, which is in hold-mode. I mapped them "new" to trigger the shift function on/off... So far no prob... but now I want to map the led of this button to give a feedback. it should light up when the shift-button turns the modifier 1 to 1 and don
Kiera Swell
Originally Posted by DJ MiCL
Azu, Goomo,

I don't know how to say this, but I am fairly sure that there has to be something wrong with your configurations. I am sorry to be vague, but I can't help but believe so because the VCI did everything it promises on my mac (96 kHz out put, latency fine at the lowest setting, etc..) while I know that the in-house testers at Vestax are mostly windows users.

I wish I could help further but I don't have a windows laptop to test the VCI, which I would have to borrow from Vestax again anyway. Too bad the units are not sold in the US yet because surely you will get a lot more feedback once the US DJs start getting their VCI's.

Please be patient as I am still playing catch ball with the Vestax guys here in Japan, hopefully I will return with more info.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I don
Dionne Bullock
Azu, Goomo,

I don't know how to say this, but I am fairly sure that there has to be something wrong with your configurations. I am sorry to be vague, but I can't help but believe so because the VCI did everything it promises on my mac (96 kHz out put, latency fine at the lowest setting, etc..) while I know that the in-house testers at Vestax are mostly windows users.

I wish I could help further but I don't have a windows laptop to test the VCI, which I would have to borrow from Vestax again anyway. Too bad the units are not sold in the US yet because surely you will get a lot more feedback once the US DJs start getting their VCI's.

Please be patient as I am still playing catch ball with the Vestax guys here in Japan, hopefully I will return with more info.
Kiera Swell
I have a mapping problem: Theres a shift button on the VCI, which is in hold-mode. I mapped them "new" to trigger the shift function on/off... So far no prob... but now I want to map the led of this button to give a feedback. it should light up when the shift-button turns the modifier 1 to 1 and don
Israel Sulka
This is my mapping a configuration file for Traktor Pro 1.2.8, this Traktor version work too fine with 8ms
Israel Sulka
if have test vci400 on deckadance, here in attachment is my litle mapping file for deckadace 1.93
Israel Sulka
DJQA: VCI-400 ASIO can not be used simultaneously in multiple applications.
Now i try other software Deckadance, Virtual DJ LE, MixVibes Cross and in all software controller work perfect latency 4ms, only in Traktor not work. In Traktor check and uncheck multiple processors, in task manager try priority high, set only selected processors and not work correctly.
Kiera Swell
Yeah... in my case thats possible. I use Traktor with VCI-400 and at the same time another application with my external soundcard (with ASIO4ALL). But if I use Traktor with ASIO4ALL its not possible to run another application with the external device.

I don
Melinda Wubben
I don`t know... But me I don
Kiera Swell
Originally Posted by DJQA
Wow, that's bad news! 48k is braindead, when 99.99% of what gets played is 44.1k.

Do you know if the Vestax ASIO driver is multiclient? Can you record off the inputs of the VCI with another application while DJ'ing?
I don`t know... But me I don
Melinda Wubben
Originally Posted by Azu
VCI400 driver only ASIO, Driver not as WDM, WASPAI, Direct Sound and other. Frequency only 48000, ony set latency
I try VirtualDJ LE inc. wit controller, here works sound perfect latency 8 ms, but this software not for profesional use same a Serato DJ Intro, this sfotware for beginners.
Wow, that's bad news! 48k is braindead, when 99.99% of what gets played is 44.1k.

Do you know if the Vestax ASIO driver is multiclient? Can you record off the inputs of the VCI with another application while DJ'ing?
Melinda Wubben
You won
Kiera Swell
Originally Posted by DJQA
That's curious. I can't imagine an ASIO interface that wouldn't do sub-10ms latencies at 44.1kHz. I can't be of more help I'm afraid since I haven't got a VCI-400 myself.

Well, just to check - you did install separate drivers from Vestax, so that the audio interface isn't running as some sort of fallback class-compliant USB WDM device, right?
And there it is... Up to your post I reinstalled the drivers again and watch the whole process (when I installed from CD, there came a little window up, with something like "new hardware drivers are installing" from windows and I klicked this dialogue). There I saw that the Vestax-drivers were installed for the USB-stuff (Vestax DFU; Vestax DJ Controller), for the Audio (USB Multi-Interface Driver) windows used a driver from the windows-update service.
Maybe that causes the problem. You won
Israel Sulka
VCI400 driver only ASIO, Driver not as WDM, WASPAI, Direct Sound and other. Frequency only 48000, ony set latency
I try VirtualDJ LE inc. wit controller, here works sound perfect latency 8 ms, but this software not for profesional use same a Serato DJ Intro, this sfotware for beginners.
Melinda Wubben
Done. There is no differnce (that I hear or feel) between multicore en-/disabled. And for both its only the 48.000Hz available...
That's curious. I can't imagine an ASIO interface that wouldn't do sub-10ms latencies at 44.1kHz. I can't be of more help I'm afraid since I haven't got a VCI-400 myself.

Well, just to check - you did install separate drivers from Vestax, so that the audio interface isn't running as some sort of fallback class-compliant USB WDM device, right?
Kiera Swell
Done. There is no differnce (that I hear or feel) between multicore en-/disabled. And for both its only the 48.000Hz available...
robin loo
preferences --> audio setup --> multicore

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy