VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +Reply
VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +
Posted on: 15.02.2010 by
There is a newer mapping available here:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=11938
MINOL D
[QUOTE=daveripley;101271]i believe its cos you have fw1.2.

No i have FW 1.3 TSPRO 1.24 not that prob.
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by haze324
I feel ya man. If you figure out how to change it shoot me a PM. Im going to try to work on it this weekend. I believe maybe shift play could be pause. Sometimes i need to return to the last cue point, but need to let it play without keeping the button pressed.
me too ... i want the old way back. Dont quite see the point of thsi new method.
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by djproben
OK one more annoyance ... I really liked the behavior of the "Cue" and "Play" buttons in the old mapping. I'd really like to change "Play" back the way it was (play from last cue point rather than play/pause) ... I'm sure this is easy to do but I'm confused by all the different "Play" commands in the tsi file -- is there an easy way to figure out what to change here?
I feel ya man. If you figure out how to change it shoot me a PM. Im going to try to work on it this weekend. I believe maybe shift play could be pause. Sometimes i need to return to the last cue point, but need to let it play without keeping the button pressed.
Jolyn Brunello
it has fixed a/c but not b/d no progressive pitch on b/d eithergood effort though halfway there.

flashflooder you mention the jog scratch +bend on the rim of the jog.what is the purpose of this?i understand the shift option to align the tracks(great idea)but without shift im not seeing how this is better than the 2.5 way.would the progressive pitch bend make something else not work?.please elaborate.

btw i do have the box ticked for progressive bend.
Jolyn Brunello
sorrys guys got ahead of myself.same problem although progressive bend now works.
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by armyofme4340
Hey everyone I managed to figure out the jog wheel bug. I've attached the stock ean 3.3 mapping with the bug fixed.

I compared it to my 2.5 and noticed that the new 3.3's command was jog scratch and tempo bend whereas the old only said tempo bend. I've adjusted this and you can download the file or go in there and change it yourself.

if you are having problems with the attached file, just click on this link to download as a .zip.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1130745/VCI1..._fixed.tsi.zip
fixed!!!!!! i,ve only had it on for 5 mins so far so good.i said the posted 2.5 file had favourites ticked....thanx man
Danae Dumler
I'm going to post a couple other anomalies that seem strange here: When I try to set a cue point using shift + touching the jog wheel, it works, but the track also stops for a sec -- obviously that shouldn't be happening (and it doesn't in the video when Ean does it).... The other thing is I am getting different behavior with shift + Sync for key lock -- on deck A it also toggles sync but on deck B it operates independently.
Danae Dumler
OK one more annoyance ... I really liked the behavior of the "Cue" and "Play" buttons in the old mapping. I'd really like to change "Play" back the way it was (play from last cue point rather than play/pause) ... I'm sure this is easy to do but I'm confused by all the different "Play" commands in the tsi file -- is there an easy way to figure out what to change here?
Danae Dumler
I'm definitely getting the jog wheel bug. It isn't responsive for a fraction of a second, then it responds. I also miss the old behavior in scratch mode on the outer plastic ring, which was tempo nudge up and down. The new behavior is up and down also but a fixed value only; it's very frustrating.

The other problem I'm having is the FX 1-4 buttons don't seem to work at all. I believe other people are reporting this too but I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. For me FX Preset 1 stays lit all the time, even after it's pushed, and pushing any of the 4 presets doesn't seem to do a damn thing - the little red light blinks dimly on for a second and disappears but there seems to be no effect on traktor at all. I loaded the tsi a couple of times just to be sure but nothing changes there.

Also +1 for blue lights rather than green
Nicola Endert
Ean, you and your team are brilliant. I don't know what's in that water up in San Fran, but you guys are pushing dj technology into new realms. I started djing in 1991 in high school using two cassette decks and a radio shack mixer. Then I went to cds. Crates and crates of them. Three years ago I bought a basic vci-100 at guitar center and had no idea what to do with it. Now look at me! I've got a DJ Tech Tools VCI-100se 3.3, and I feel like I'm on top of the world. Thanks for your dedication and time, and to all the other djs that wrote in to help build this unique tool.
What a community!
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by armyofme4340
Hey everyone I managed to figure out the jog wheel bug. I've attached the stock ean 3.3 mapping with the bug fixed.

I compared it to my 2.5 and noticed that the new 3.3's command was jog scratch and tempo bend whereas the old only said tempo bend. I've adjusted this and you can download the file or go in there and change it yourself.

if you are having problems with the attached file, just click on this link to download as a .zip.

I want to make sure people are not misled by this. This tsi and associated change should not fix the "jog scratch" issue where people are experiencing the jog wheel let go of the track while your hand is still on the jog wheel and/or is still scratching. If you downloaded it, I would recommend going back to the official DJTT 3.3 TSI Ean posted.

Armyofme is correct that a function which was Tempo Bend in 2.5 is now Jog Scratch + Tempo Bend; however, that function is associated with the outer acrylic portion of the jog wheel and not the inner black jog wheel that controls scratching (when Scratch is on). I couldn't really tell a difference between the pitch bend outer jog wheel function in TSI 2.5 vs TSI 3.3 so I wasn't sure if it was a bug or worth fixing (if ppl believe it is, let me know). Also, Armyofme's change was only applied to Decks A/C and not to B/D.

DJTT is investigating the "jog scratch" issue and although some people are still experiencing it, it seems to be a little less consistent among most. It may be an issue introduced in Traktor 1.2.4, but I'm not sure of that either.

If people who are experiencing the jog scratch issue can explain exactly what they were doing when they experience the problem (in addition to firmware and traktor versions) it would help to see if there is any sort of pattern to the bug. I personally have a difficult time replicating it.

@Armyofme: I hope you don't take offense to this, it is just meant to clarify. If you disagree with me, please let me know so I can make sure we aren't misunderstanding each other. If your change does somehow fix the jog scratch problem for you then let me know, as it may be some strange traktor bug.
Jodi Lacerra
FX bank 1 light stays on at all times. does not turn off or switch between other banks.
If you mean the FX 1 LED in the Control FX section it is because it defaults to control FX 1 and will switch between FX1, FX2, and Loops whenever you push the Control FX button (this changes the functionality for all of the 4 FX buttons and knobs below).

If you are talking about the FX Preset LEDs (which I believe some other people are asking about as well) each Preset LED will turn on when you hold the corresponding FX Preset button, and if you set an FX Preset onto FX Bank 1 or 2 (by holding the FX preset button and double tapping a headphone button), it will leave that FX Preset LED on. This does not apply to FX Preset 4 so if you put FX Preset 4 on a deck, the FX Preset LED will remain on whatever it was at last. This is an issue with FX Preset 4 being an advanced effect while 1-3 are chained effects.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Tim Moore
Firmware 1.2.
In Fader FX mode the Level faders act as Dry/Wet controls instead of switching FX 2 (say Delay unit) on/off and controlling it's amount (as shown in the video). Same with the Reverse function in the bottom of the Level faders - it just doesn't work
If I am understanding you correctly, this is not a bug. It is how fader fx mode is currently designed. It may look a little misleading in the video because Ean is moving the jog wheel and the level fader at the same time and both of those actions control the fx dry/wet.

In Fader FX mode:
-The jog wheel controls the overall fx dry/wet and activates effect parameter 1 upon tapping
-The pitch fader controls the rate of effect parameter 1
-The level fader controls the rate of effect parameter 2 plus the overall fx dry/wet
-Moving the level fader to the bottom will turn on effect parameter 3.
Joannie Brague
does anyone know of a way to make the led's go from green to blue. the juggle and fader effects lights are super dim and I believe those need to be pretty bright as in bright blue, because the green isn't cutting it for something that needs to pop for me.
Joannie Brague

Jordon Atterholt
Originally Posted by pilmat
shogg, Snap and Quantize are same buttons as before, but now you have to press shift first.

Phil.
I understand,thanks man.
Corine Kasman
shogg, Snap and Quantize are same buttons as before, but now you have to press shift first.

Phil.
Jordon Atterholt
What happened to the Snap & Quantize modes?Are they still available in the 3.0 Mapping?
Elliot Serres
Originally Posted by lfrisher
ya i am having the same problem, the tsi seems to import but there are no controls in the assignment table for the vci. Does anyone know why this is or how to remedy it?
Are you using traktor 1.2.4? If not then its not going to work using the 3.0 mapping.
Landon Sonmez
Originally Posted by efo893
Hey, i got traktor pro and tried upgrading the new mapping to the 3 3 but nothing seems to work. Whatever i move on the vci doesnt work . I have changed the mapping before and nothing like this happend. What should I do go back to the old mapping I had? if i do go back to the old mapping where would i find it... I only see the 3.3 nothing else... !!!!!!! please write back.. : )
ya i am having the same problem, the tsi seems to import but there are no controls in the assignment table for the vci. Does anyone know why this is or how to remedy it?
Heidi Alred
Originally Posted by Jesper
Whem pressing route FX buttom a nasty sound ocours as well?
same.. just noticed it last evening when playing around.

Other than that, great mapping, love it! Very intuitive and the flow is just so much better..

Thanks Ean, and hope you guys can address all of these mentioned issues soon
Dylan Anthony
Originally Posted by Dublin
Im Using Version 1.2.4 and the new mapping and Traktor is crashing after about a half hour of mixing. Is anyone else having this issue since updating to 1.2.4?
I have the same problem. It seems to crash when I
Misty Roudabush
I'm using a regular VCI-100 with a filmware upgrade but I'm not having any luck with some of the features such as the fx preset setup and the lights when trying to sample a song...any suggestions? is there another version of the filrmware update that needs to be used?
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Pooks
I am also getting the FX bank 1 LED issue.

well, now its whichever preset I choose (1,2,3,4) under fader fx stays lit. Theres no way of turning off the light, only turning off the effect to specific deck or turning off fader fx. not sure if thats a work around or its supposed to be like that --- but it works.

Jog wheel acts funny. If I push the jog wheel fwd first then it works, doesn't happen everytime..but pushing fwd first gets it working everytime it does act up.
Wilton Schelter
Getting issues with the main FX bank buttons not working now. When i have an FX bank on chained mode and load in an effect with the Shift plus an FX button function the first effect doesn't turn on when i press the corresponding button. So i have to use the buttons i have mapped on my laptop keyboard.

The second 2 effects on the bank turn on just fine with my controller.

I hope i explained this alright, kinda hard to put it into words :P

Another problem I'm getting is with turning on FX units 1 & 2 on decks. I have no idea what causes it but they just seem to turn themselves off on their own. So i constantly have to keep turning them back on. Mainly happens with FX bank 1 I find. I believe it might be to do with the way you can use fader FX or the main FX controls. I guess one of the knobs/faders has a command to switch an FX unit on or off.

And lastly I found it a bit annoying with the way the song navigation buttons turned on search on the browser. This interfered with my mixing because i use the keyboard for certain functions like switching deck focus, killing EQ bands instantly, and sometimes cue point juggling. This is no biggy though as i managed to find the search commands in the tsi and delete them.

I'm on windows 7, Traktor 1.2.4, Firmware 1.3.
Lupe Shehee
I am also getting the FX bank 1 LED issue.
Heidi Alred
Originally Posted by patjuh90
The touch sensitive jog bug is still in there though. If a song is playing and u want to scratch or something, u touch the jog which turns red to indicate the touch sensitive thing is activated. The song stops for a split second, but then it immediately continues playing instead of continue playback when i lift my hand off the jogwheel. It only works properly after a few tries...
FX bank 1 light stays on at all times. does not turn off or switch between other banks.
+1

I'm having the same issues.. Running Traktor Pro 1.2.4, FW 1.3 and Windows 7
Al Henger
this seems like as good a place as any to put this question I guess.

Do any of you know how to change the presets? Mainly, I just want to edit the delay quick fx button to turn delay on at <50% (its way to much, and usually just makes me clip out). I'm through the mapping to try and figure this out right now, so I might actually find the answere before you get back to me. Thanks ahead of time.

EDIT

YES! I love djtt. Great use of commenting. Easy as pie to change the mapping up. Thanks a lot!!!!

that means I figured it out.
Joannie Brague
Seems like I spoke too soon people. I have the job wheel glitch like everyone else. When in scratch mode the jog is only responsive half of the time.

And I am also getting the dry wet glitch like everyone else.

I fixed the headphone cue blink issue though. Chris from the DJTT team said the lights would only blink when a track is playing. Stupid me, I failed to realize that if there is no beat playing then the lights can't blink to a beat.

Anyone found a fix for the dry wet and jog wheel glitches.
Reece Murray
My experience with DJTTs mappings is limited, since I like to build my own, but I do like to load 'em up when a new one is released, just to explore any new ideas and see what other people are using.

So take it with a grain of salt, but here's my first impression:

1) I still don't really understand why there seem to be so many load issues. I've understood for a while that Traktor sometimes needs a tsi loaded twice to get the FX settings right. However, the huge variations noticed on this thread of starting appearances, default behavior, etc, just confuses me. After I loaded the DJTT 3.3 file, I reloaded my own tsi and everything worked perfectly the first time. So I can only assume that the problems I notice with the DJTT file are part of the file...

2) After loading, I also notice that the audio recorder is in the place of FX units 2 and 4.

3) Led behavior is inconsistent or not working right for the 4 small black buttons on the left. In addition, I get a preset loaded by pressing any of the first three, but the fourth has no effect.

4) The sampler "flashing" of the headphone buttons is tied to a volume dependent output command. So when your levels are high, the buttons don't appear to flash much. I suggest tying the sampler to a flashing output that is consistent and not coming from program material, like the beat counter output.

5) I like the "instant FX" idea a lot. Great concept. Regarding execution though, I've gotta say I'm not a big fan of the functionality so "close" in proximity to Scratch/scratch on. What I mean to say is, I'm under the impression that the "bug" people are experiencing with using these controls and having a start/stop in playback isn't a bug at all, but a result of timing issues getting the hand off the platter before regular scratch functionality engages. A clearer separation of scratch and Instant FX I believe would be a huge improvement.

6) Still not sure about lack of soft takeover on the DJTT maps. I know this is a personal preference, but IMHO using 3-4 decks cleanly cannot live without it. The jumps make me nervous and also the filter middle point reset can lead to some unexpected sounds when using filters on both A/C or B/D.

7) Cool presets, streamlined ideas!
Ginette Pil
Hey Ean, great work wi the new mapping file & overlay!!

Quick question - do you ever envisage a 1.4 Firmware update? Just curious
Jolyn Brunello
how did you know if it accepted the tsi correctly?
Joannie Brague
The only thing I found with mine is that when I press sampler the headphones button doesn't blink to choose a deck. I couldn't get that portion to work.

Everything else on mine works great. No scratch bug, no dry wet bug in fader fx mode.

I found that I have to restart traktor a couple of times to get it accept the TSI correctly. With the old version I had to restart my whole osx and then it worked.

But if anyone knows how to fix the sampler bug I have found please advise.

Thanks DJTT team.
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by calvin01

edit:-now for no reason the leds are all working sampler is fine.just jogs i believe and progressive pitch bendnoticed that the 2.5 also has favourites box ticked but not the 3.3(clutching at straws)

edit:-the led problem is when im going through loop be and bomes.when my vci is in and out no problem.but with vci in then to loop be out and with bomes open i've got loop be in vci out and midi set to through as instructed from a different post to stop the freezing.makes sense to me but not my vci it seems.
is this the right way to use bomes?
Jolyn Brunello
how do i see which version of firmware i am using.. i had to go back to the 3.1.2 mapping : )
turn on vci with traktor not running press deck a sync on the new mapping,if it turns blue its 1.3
Elliot Serres
how do i see which version of firmware i am using.. i had to go back to the 3.1.2 mapping : )
All of your firmware help can be found here: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=846
Jessika Sosa
Doug Bieling
This dry wet thing has always been a problem for me even on past mappings. I thought that was the way it was supposed to work until these videos were published. Always thought it was wierd haha
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by Tim Moore
Firmware 1.2.
In Fader FX mode the Level faders act as Dry/Wet controls instead of switching FX 2 (say Delay unit) on/off and controlling it's amount (as shown in the video).
+1
Alishia Horbal
Thanks for this mapping Ean, great

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy