VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +Reply
VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +
Posted on: 15.02.2010 by
There is a newer mapping available here:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=11938
Elida Ekenstam
Originally Posted by Lupine
Love the mapping! The one glitch I'm getting is when using shift and jog wheel to drop a cue point it also momentarily stops the track. It seems like the cue dropping feature and the normal scratch function of the jog wheel happen simultaneously instead of the cue feature over riding the scratch function. I'm using Tractor 1.2.4 on a mac and fw 1.3
hey i'm getting the same issue, is there a fix?
Elida Ekenstam
Originally Posted by haze324
FX bank 1 light stays on at all times. does not turn off or switch between other banks.
hey ihave the same problem

my led lights become unresponsive after a while

There is now a new mapping that solves many of these problems here:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=11938
Rosaura Bergholz
Originally Posted by Abyrne7
From my experience I believe you only here that click in your headphones and not in the PA's. Or it could possibly be such a minor clicking sound that its hard to detect on Club speakers.
I'm definitely getting the glitching on the master channel, not just in the headphone program.

Dropping my latency all the way down to 64ms solved the issue, but that's clearly not a solution.

I followed the path of some others and installed loopbe1 and Bome's and the problem went away even with audio latency down at 3.5ms.

-kb
Sima Zulick
Hey guys,

I noticed a bug when trying to sync two songs.

It totally slows down the song you want to sync even if they both have the same bpm.

Anybody else with that bug??

My System: Windows 7 x64, Traktor Pro 1.2.4, M-Audio FT-Pro
Mac Fly
From my experience I believe you only here that click in your headphones and not in the PA's. Or it could possibly be such a minor clicking sound that its hard to detect on Club speakers.
Heidi Alred
I'm still getting the bug where an audible "click" is heard when pressing Route FX button and selecting the deck to route the effects to
Leota Saniuk
just an idea for a custom mod. you can enable the preview player and automatically start tracks when moving up or down in the library.
Mac Fly
So I was just wondering if this mapping is really sufficient enough now and the bugs are ironed out?
Jolyn Brunello
i had this problem yesterday.had to reset both to get proper functionality back.i'll report back if it keeps happening.
Craig Syrek
Hi again,

Just want to add some more bugs I'm experiencing:

- Can't exit Fader FX mode sometimes. I notice this happening only when using Fader FX for more than a few minutes at a time.

- Can't exit Juggle 1-4 mode sometimes. On some occasions, I have to turn off the controller and then on again. Other times, I can only exit by selecting Juggle 5-8, and then pushing it again to exit back to normal mode

And just to make it clear, I'm up to date on all aspects of software/firmware running on Mac OSX 10.6.2
Leota Saniuk
Err, so I am all uptodate with Traktor and Firmware on the VCI. I tried loading the TSI multiple times and restarting Traktor, but the LED's for the Sample Button (as well as the blinking of the headphone buttons) do not work. Furthermore FX preset 4 doesnt seem to load (it also doesnt update the preset assignment led).
Sanjuana Newburn
@ haze324
Yeah it's happening to me as well from time to time. I'm using the same setup as you with the 3.3 mapping + tempo bend fix, FW 1.3, OS 10.6.2, TSP 1.2.4. I've been trying to figure out what's causing it and for me it seems to be something to do with switching off fader fx and then using the advanced effects (fx type button). I've not discovered exactly what combinations causing the vci to lock up as it's only happened to me 3 times since i've got it. The other strange thing is sometimes disconecting the VCI's USB from the Mac fixes it and sometimes you have no choice but to restart Traktor.
Craig Syrek
Yes I'm running the latest version of Traktor.

And flashflooder thanks for the advice! Tried loading the TSI again, and this time it gave me the proper combinations.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by hockenheim
Hi All,

Just recently received my VCI-100 SE and have been immensely enjoying learning all the features of the controller.

Would like to know if anyone can assist me with a few concerns. BTW, I'm running FW1.3, Version 3.3 TSI, on Mac OSX 10.6.2.

1. When selecting the preset FX buttons A - D, I don't get the same FX as printed on the overlay. As an example, SHIFT + B should select FILTER LFO, but instead I get Filter 92 Pulse. SHIFT + C should select GATER, but I get Flanger instead.

2. I don't get the same FX (as in Ean's latest tutorial 2 video) when selecting FX preset 1. Instead of getting Beatmasher, Delay, and Reverse Grain, I get Beatmasher, Flanger Flux and Phaser.

As for the 3 other FX presets, I don't have a basis as to which combination of FX are intended, so I'm not sure if they are also incorrect.

So far, these are the only observations I've made since getting the VCI 2 days ago.

Hope one of you can give me some input! Thanks in advance!
I would try loading the tsi another time. Sometimes the effect settings don't load properly the first time making the FX presets look at the incorrect effects. If that doesn't work then something else strange may be going on.
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by calvin01
search lock up or locks up and you'll find the bomes/loop be answer.
believe this only applies to Windows.

Are any Max OS X folks having their VCI jog wheels and faders quit working while on Fader FX mode?

I believe there's 3 of us so far posting this. I am currently using the last tsi file posted with the tempo bend solution. 1.2.4, and 1.3fw with Snow Leopard.

Any suggestions??
Khalilah Srp
u got traktor 1.2.4?
Craig Syrek
Hi All,

Just recently received my VCI-100 SE and have been immensely enjoying learning all the features of the controller.

Would like to know if anyone can assist me with a few concerns. BTW, I'm running FW1.3, Version 3.3 TSI, on Mac OSX 10.6.2.

1. When selecting the preset FX buttons A - D, I don't get the same FX as printed on the overlay. As an example, SHIFT + B should select FILTER LFO, but instead I get Filter 92 Pulse. SHIFT + C should select GATER, but I get Flanger instead.

2. I don't get the same FX (as in Ean's latest tutorial 2 video) when selecting FX preset 1. Instead of getting Beatmasher, Delay, and Reverse Grain, I get Beatmasher, Flanger Flux and Phaser.

As for the 3 other FX presets, I don't have a basis as to which combination of FX are intended, so I'm not sure if they are also incorrect.

So far, these are the only observations I've made since getting the VCI 2 days ago.

Hope one of you can give me some input! Thanks in advance!
Jolyn Brunello
search lock up or locks up and you'll find the bomes/loop be answer.
Lore Schellhaas
Originally Posted by vageotter
the glitch is gone whene u use loopbe1 and bome's
What is this - loopbe1 and bome's ???
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by audioPoison
I dunno if anyone else has this problem but sometimes when i use fader fx then turn it off the jog wheels and the pitch slider quit working and i also cant turn fader fx back on the light only turns on when i hold the button down and it doesnt change until i restart traktor :S
Same exact problem here. all faders stop working, and so do the jog wheels. fader fx button only turns on and off if I keep the button pressed.

I have a vci-100 with 1.3 firmware update, TP 1.2.4, 3.3 mapping, macbook pro snow leopard.

it's happend twice.
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by FlameboyC11
I've had this problem too, I'll try and track down what causes it because it's really frustrating.

I know I mentioned earlier I was having problems with the FX presets and I've solved my primary issue (that the effects weren't changing, I wasn't double-tapping the headphones button) but I have noticed that the 4th preset LED does not light up. It does change to the fourth preset in tracktor, but the light of the previous effect stays lit.
I have noticed that the 4 LED preset buttons don't light as intended but they do load correctly(they just don't light correctly).
Andera Meidl
I dunno if anyone else has this problem but sometimes when i use fader fx then turn it off the jog wheels and the pitch slider quit working and i also cant turn fader fx back on the light only turns on when i hold the button down and it doesnt change until i restart traktor :S
I've had this problem too, I'll try and track down what causes it because it's really frustrating.

I know I mentioned earlier I was having problems with the FX presets and I've solved my primary issue (that the effects weren't changing, I wasn't double-tapping the headphones button) but I have noticed that the 4th preset LED does not light up. It does change to the fourth preset in tracktor, but the light of the previous effect stays lit.
Laquita Coduto
Never happened to me, sorry.
Dustin Haper
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by Kama
I believe it would be interesting to see people's keyboard shortcut layouts. I look at them like a companion controller to the vci100 se.

Still refining mine.
+1
Khalilah Srp
#1 just gain the other deck
#2 hold fx preset and push a headphone button to put the fx on bank 1 or 2
#3 hold route fx, and use the fx buttons to route it to a,b,c or d
the glitch is gone whene u use loopbe1 and bome's

btw: al the awnsers to your questions are on this community . you just have search
good luck
Lore Schellhaas
hi all and tnx to DJTT command for his work!
i have some questions, maybe someone can help me. So:
1) then i copy deck A to C, or B to В the general volume level is growing (now i dont have any audio card, so i'm using internal sound card and have only one channel. maybe that's the reason?). Can i do a mapping, so the volume of the deck C or D was 50%, then i copy them?
2) FX presents doesn't work totally! but, i don't believe i really need them, because i want a FX ON Deck A or B like in 2,5 TSI. How can i change it?
3) i can't understand what's the "Route FX" because this button don't work too, it's only glitching.

PS i have vci-100 1.2 upgraded to 1.3 and WinXP
PPS sorry for my poor English
Jolyn Brunello
thanx phil.i believe its time to invest in the bible(traktor that is).noticed ean gridded a song using his keyboard aswell and flashflooder and gang have done enough in my book for us so will get onto it.i'll post it when completed but don't hold your breath fellow ranking ers it's gonna take me a week or so to learn it.
Thomas Fone
I believe it would be interesting to see people's keyboard shortcut layouts. I look at them like a companion controller to the vci100 se.

Still refining mine.
Corine Kasman
after a far bit of use it seems that if i have juggle 1-4 selected and while in that mode press shift/juggle4-8 to select quantize it will select quantize but also select 4-8 so i then have to remember to select 1-4 again to play with the cues or deselect 1-4 first then quantize then select 1-4 again..... if 1-4 or 5-8 is not selected the shift quantize works as it should.so it is workable but does catch me out sometimes.haven't tried this with snap but would guess it works the same.
As you seem to go in and out of quantize while juggling, maybe try setting a keyboard shortcut for quantize. This has the added benefit of one-motion (don't have to press shift and button) selection.

I know it doesn't fix the issue, but might be easier in the long run anyway.

Phil.
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by flashflooder
This is not normal and should not be happening. Just make sure you press Shift before the Juggle buttons. If you are still experiencing this problem though, let me know.
after a far bit of use it seems that if i have juggle 1-4 selected and while in that mode press shift/juggle4-8 to select quantize it will select quantize but also select 4-8 so i then have to remember to select 1-4 again to play with the cues or deselect 1-4 first then quantize then select 1-4 again..... if 1-4 or 5-8 is not selected the shift quantize works as it should.so it is workable but does catch me out sometimes.haven't tried this with snap but would guess it works the same.
Joannie Brague
You don't rename the crates. Your crate is a shortcut to a folder or playlist on your computer so you would need to drag in a new playlist over a crate. A playlist could be from you iTunes, a folder on your comp, or a playlist you created and named in traktor.
Ginette Pil
Guys!
Sorry, sorry to side track – but how do you re-name the crate names?
I’m still using 2.5 and there is about 10 pre-named which I would like to change.

Thanks
G.
Joannie Brague
yeah no prob. I have no idea why it works either. thanks for being a positive member.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by armyofme4340
Allow me to be totally immature and say I told you so. heheh. Looks like your distributing a file that has the fix that I described above, except you actually finished it and didn't leave it half baked like mine. Thanks for updating deck B/D

Sorry for going high school on this thread. But I just had too.
Totally understandable. I didn't mean to steal your thunder by any means. I actually still don't fully understand why the tempo bend change fixed the scratch issue.

I uploaded the changed tsi just because some had expressed interest in the old style outer jog progressive tempo bend. Since you and some others had hypothesized that it would fix the scratch issue I figured I would bring that up in hope of coming closer to solving the jog scratch issue. And apparently that was all it took! So thanks for your ideas and contributions! DJTT appreciates it.
Joannie Brague
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I want to make sure people are not misled by this. This tsi and associated change should not fix the "jog scratch" issue where people are experiencing the jog wheel let go of the track while your hand is still on the jog wheel and/or is still scratching. If you downloaded it, I would recommend going back to the official DJTT 3.3 TSI Ean posted.

Armyofme is correct that a function which was Tempo Bend in 2.5 is now Jog Scratch + Tempo Bend; however, that function is associated with the outer acrylic portion of the jog wheel and not the inner black jog wheel that controls scratching (when Scratch is on). I couldn't really tell a difference between the pitch bend outer jog wheel function in TSI 2.5 vs TSI 3.3 so I wasn't sure if it was a bug or worth fixing (if ppl believe it is, let me know). Also, Armyofme's change was only applied to Decks A/C and not to B/D.

DJTT is investigating the "jog scratch" issue and although some people are still experiencing it, it seems to be a little less consistent among most. It may be an issue introduced in Traktor 1.2.4, but I'm not sure of that either.

If people who are experiencing the jog scratch issue can explain exactly what they were doing when they experience the problem (in addition to firmware and traktor versions) it would help to see if there is any sort of pattern to the bug. I personally have a difficult time replicating it.

@Armyofme: I hope you don't take offense to this, it is just meant to clarify. If you disagree with me, please let me know so I can make sure we aren't misunderstanding each other. If your change does somehow fix the jog scratch problem for you then let me know, as it may be some strange traktor bug.
Allow me to be totally immature and say I told you so. heheh. Looks like your distributing a file that has the fix that I described above, except you actually finished it and didn't leave it half baked like mine. Thanks for updating deck B/D

Sorry for going high school on this thread. But I just had too.
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by 4realMaster
Yes I do. Do you know where I can find a how-to-guide?
http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...eze+fix&page=8

harundi's post explains it for you bud.
Jodi Lacerra
also when using shift/snap or quantize it selects the cue point juggles aswell as if not using shift.is this normal?
This is not normal and should not be happening. Just make sure you press Shift before the Juggle buttons. If you are still experiencing this problem though, let me know.
Dulce Custeau
Originally Posted by vageotter
thanx a lot lady!!! i can finally play my disco again so i'm very pleased!!!! can't thank u enough!!!

@4realman leading the midi thru loopbe1 and bomes solved that problem for me(if u r using windows)
Yes I do. Do you know where I can find a how-to-guide?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy