VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +Reply
VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +
Posted on: 15.02.2010 by
There is a newer mapping available here:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=11938
Branden Coldsnow
I'm experiencing the same problems with win7. Same if I use thr 3.6.4 mapping. any help?

Originally Posted by tamamma
I'm using 3.6.3 mapping on my just upgraded vci.100 v1.4 and i've noticed this issues on traktor pro 1.2.4 on snow leopard:
1) fx banks presets does not match the overlay
2) echo does not work with delay but changes the effect 4 in FLN-F when actived

And another question is that i've watched this tutorial video:
VCI-100SE Mapping Tutorial Pt. 2 but i didn't understand how to use the sampler.
And the pitch faders goes in funny way when using them, are not synched with traktorpro
Thank you very much for your job
Elida Ekenstam
Originally Posted by ridim
i'm having problem with the sampler
it seems that it doesnt really "record" the first part of my sample

example
i have 8 cues ready (deck b)
i select the sampler button
activate it for deck b
and press the 8 cues buttons in 1,2,3 order alongside the beat of deck A

when i later cranck up the volume of the sampler the first cue is almost always missing and the sound quality is very weird.

anybody else have this problem

macbook ALU
osx snow leopard latest
traktor 1.24
latest mapping
vic arcade
10ms delay time

this is still a problem for me.. someone posted thats its just down to timing.. but after having tried it for about 2hrs and exactly replicating the guide provided by ean i cant get it to work..
must be something else that is wrong??
should snap and quant be enabled??
Corine Kasman
Originally Posted by T.I.O.T.C Music
I updated my mac to snow leopard and installed the latest traktor 1.2.6 then purchased the overlay and installed the latest tsi file and I now find traktor takes a millions years to open and when it does it now dosen't recognise any signal from my vci-100 at all.
I am seriously baffled as I have tried everything and nothing seems to work ! I don't if it's a problem with traktor, snow leopard, or the vci ??
I would love some help on this as I can't do anything at the moment !!
I suggest you use the latest mapping, 3.5.1, that works out a few of the kinks in 3.3. If you are on windows, try the glitch_fix mapping to resolve a potential midi "rush" problem. You will find 3.5.1 from the MAPPINGS tab in the header.

Let us know how you get along.

Phil.
Branden Coldsnow
I'm experiencing the same problems with win7. Same if I use thr 3.6.4 mapping. any help?

Originally Posted by tamamma
I'm using 3.6.3 mapping on my just upgraded vci.100 v1.4 and i've noticed this issues on traktor pro 1.2.4 on snow leopard:

VCI-100SE Mapping Tutorial Pt. 2 but i didn't understand how to use the sampler.
And the pitch faders goes in funny way when using them, are not synched with traktorpro
Alina Rampersad
This is the latest .tsi file

http://www.djranking s.com/wp-conten...0SE-v3_6_4.zip
Felton Study
Hi. I need a tsi for 1.4 firmware, and for traktor pro 2 or 2.0.3

Where can i found it? thanx the help
Tatum Ansaldo
yeh lol, i resisted the temptation to post a whole bunch of facepalm pictures
Ginette Pil
ahh, cheers mate - sorry i didn't see it was posted about a million times! reading some great rants already lol
Tatum Ansaldo
http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=26589
Ginette Pil
will there be a new Mapping/overlay for Traktor Pro 2????
Ami Callaghan
I recieved firmware past week, and my litlle problem its on port name, go to setting and change com1 for com2 or other com free, and upgrade later.
Im not an expert but i can open the vci and upgraded without problems, and all works fine.
Its a perfect solution i love it more than cdjs.
Tori Koko
I have downloaded the software and I could complete all the steps.
But there is no option to upload the Firmware.

Q. How can I run the firmware upgrade software in basic?
Pedro Gooding

Elida Ekenstam

example
activate it for deck b

when i later cranck up the volume of the sampler the first cue is almost always missing and the sound quality is very weird.

macbook ALU
osx snow leopard latest
traktor 1.24
latest mapping
vic arcade
10ms delay time

this is still a problem for me.. someone posted thats its just down to timing.. but after having tried it for about 2hrs and exactly replicating the guide provided by ean i cant get it to work..
must be something else that is wrong??
should snap and quant be enabled??
Mariah Itter
When loading tracks it works fine if you are in one crate, but how on earth do you move crates without moving the mouse?If you can load to deck a or deck b via the vci then why cant you jump crates?
Lida Atlas
Hi Everyone,

This might be one that only Ean can answer, as I've trawled around this site for ages trying to find the right TSI file, and so I've yet to find it.

I've got the Vestax VCI 100 SE (the first edition, with SYNC, DROP, PAUSE, PLAY along the bottom, not with SLICE and ECHO)

I've upgraded to Firmware 1.3

I have traktor pro 1.2.6.

I can use the current versions of the TSI files (i.e. 3.5.1) but they dont match the names on my controller. I can also use versions 2.4 and 2.5, but the part I'm trying to get to work are the turntable thingys - when I put my hand on it, I want it to stop dead, and when I spin the turntables, I want the tracks to move like vinyl through the track, and then upon release, have the track start up again, like my version of Traktor 3.4.1 did.

Currently, I have to press Scratch in order for this to work, and then press scratch again to release. I've played around with settings in the Preferences window as well as CD Mode, Snap and Quantize, but I just cant get it how it used to be in Traktor 3.4.1. If anyone can, help it would be greatly appreciated

Martin
Leeanna Ayla
If youaccidently posted in the wrong thread and already have the 3.5.1 mapping try reloading the mapping a couple of times using the big import button on the bottome of the pref pane and making sure vestax is selected in the in/out ports.
Corine Kasman
Originally Posted by T.I.O.T.C Music
I updated my mac to snow leopard and installed the latest traktor 1.2.6 then purchased the overlay and installed the latest tsi file and I now find traktor takes a millions years to open and when it does it now dosen't recognise any signal from my vci-100 at all.
I am seriously baffled as I have tried everything and nothing seems to work ! I don't if it's a problem with traktor, snow leopard, or the vci ??
I suggest you use the latest mapping, 3.5.1, that works out a few of the kinks in 3.3. If you are on windows, try the glitch_fix mapping to resolve a potential midi "rush" problem. You will find 3.5.1 from the MAPPINGS tab in the header.

Let us know how you get along.

Phil.
Jacquetta Hosfield
Hassie Flockhart
hey i cant seem to get my sampler to work... when i hit the sampler button the two cue buttons flash to the beat, then i'll press it and, nothing.... i've tried what i believe is everything... anyone know whats going on?

im running a black VCI 100 with traktor Pro
Andra Olstad
Hi,

i cant remember now if it was the same in the mappings v2 but i don't believe so.

anyway when you enable Fader FX mode, and activate the beatmasher by moving the joggle and hold it, if you wanna add some delay with the fader, the FX dry/wet knob just follows the fader (removing the beatmashing, unless you put a lot of delay).

Isn't there a way to make a variable so that when the jogwheel is being used, the fader won't control the dry/wet knob?
Kittie Sluss
I just started having issues out of nowhere.

Apparently in my deck B (or the right jog wheel), only when playing, the jog wheel starts to control the pitch.

I don't know whats going on. Help?

When not playing, it seems to work fine.
Loni Wardyn
did the pitch bend function change from 3.3 to 3.5? i miss the progressive acceleration.

edit: i reverted to the 3.3 file ....
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by robbie
i mapped it out so that the filter knob becomes the key knob when shift is pushed. hope you like it.
i believe that should make it into the "official" mapping...
Eliz Berris
hei guys,

the Vci100 se arcade edition i purchased has just arrived and i have been using it for a while. The feeling is great and the mapping is just awesome.

Unfortunately, i have a big issue. after some time using it with Traktor, some of the lights on the controller don't turn on/off anymore, they just stay either on or off.

This is a big problem for istance with the Fader Fx mode, because i don't have any visual reference on tha Traktor GUI, so i can't tell whether i am in fader fx mode or not.

Other lights that don't toggle include loops, sync, and headphones.

I am using the latest tsi file with Traktor 1.2.5.

Need some help...!

Thanks,

Paolo G
Martha Desplinter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOSbk1Qc2qU
Anyway to achieve this nice behaviour in traktor with VCI-100SE ?
Myrtis Ciarelli
Hi guys,

I'm from Paris France and thanks for your hard work!

I've tested your new mapping this week-end in clubs with my vci 100 Arcade, traktor 1.2.5 and a macbook pro. I rock the crowd with your fx presets and it is stable but i found bugs.

At a moment of my set the leds for deck C and D can't turn to blue, they always locked to green but the functiun workin'

In the same time the fader fx led can't turn to off, locked to green but the functiun workin'

And finally when this problem happens the right sync button can't turn to blue but the functiun workin'

It's very hard to work like that in live situation.

Please help me for solutions.

Thanks
David
Adell Hurtgen
it worked!! sweet thanks!!
Alina Rampersad
Originally Posted by amon2385
i just download the tsi file. however when i press the play button it automatically pauses. anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it??

go to 'preferences', then to 'controller manager'.
select your controller in the 'device', 'in-port' and 'out-port' tabs.
this should fix it.
happy mixing.
Alina Rampersad
Originally Posted by f'ok
hey

anyone out there modified their tsi or layout to use an independant knob for key???.... i use the onscreen key knob to put songs on the same key when i mix 90% of the time... i suck and cant figure out how to make the filter the key knob instead, i dont care too much for the filter knob, since the eq already has cut and boost capablities.

i have a vci 100 se and the latest tsi...
any help is welcomed

f'ok b'ok

i mapped it out so that the filter knob becomes the key knob when shift is pushed. hope you like it.
Adell Hurtgen
i just download the tsi file. however when i press the play button it automatically pauses. anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it??
Loni Wardyn
@ Abyrne7 : it's enabled as default in Ean's mapping. Basically all it does it adjusts the gain of the track to "normalize" it when the track is loaded. As many tracks have a varied peak volume, depending on the way the track was ripped to mp3, there can be quite serious differences in volume. When auto gain is enabled you dont have to worry about mixing out of a track that has a peak 10db higher than the one youre mixing into.... and having the new track completely lost in the mix.

EDIT: in my recent noodlings i have discovered a really cool trick which may or may not be intended...

while a deck is playing use the outside of the jog wheel to get the "pitch bend back" icon highlighted and then hit the echo button.the track will pull a "power off" sound and, well, power down. when you hit6 the play button the track will begin playing backwards! this can be a really cool effect if you USE IT SPARINGLY. I shouldnt need to tell you how cool a fatassed kick drum sounds when going in reverse!

Wondering if that was a side-effect of the mapping or if it was meant to be....
Joseph Reighter
auto gain automatically sets the gains of the two songs to match, it seems like there is a pre programmed gain level that traktor likes or is ideal for the output level of the track according to the shnitzels at traktor.. instead of you tweaking the gain as soon as you load the track it pumps up the gain automatically or lowers it depending on the loudness of the track... it seems to work well from what i can hear during my mix, but if there is a certain part of the track you want to blast during your mix you are out of luck unless you blast the eq all the way to the right...
Mac Fly
Curious and I am not at home at the moment and can't check. What does auto gain do?
Joseph Reighter
thanks, the gain was a good victim for replacement...

thanks for the idea it worked...
Loni Wardyn
Originally Posted by f'ok
hey

anyone out there modified their tsi or layout to use an independant knob for key???.... i use the onscreen key knob to put songs on the same key when i mix 90% of the time... i suck and cant figure out how to make the filter the key knob instead, i dont care too much for the filter knob, since the eq already has cut and boost capablities.

any help is welcomed

f'ok b'ok
i changed the "gain" knobs into balance knobs, because i have auto-gain turned on.... maybe you can turn those knobs into key knobs, they aren't detented which is good.

Also, this is my first post since joining the board.

Guys, this mapping is UNBELIEVABLE. You should really pat yourselves on the back. You have brought both the vci-100 and traktor to new heights. I'm pretty good with editing midi, but when i persured the .tsi you have created i was amazed..... you guys are truly geniuses with this stuff.

I have a djtt vci-100se and the newest .tsi. oh and traktor pro 1.2.4.

Thanks!
Joseph Reighter
hey

any help is welcomed

f'ok b'ok
Elida Ekenstam

example
activate it for deck b

macbook ALU
osx snow leopard latest
traktor 1.24
latest mapping
vic arcade
10ms delay time
Joseph Reighter
i hear glitches too when i use the fx type and route fx buttons, is this a windows only flaw? i am running win 7 and a firebox and the latest versions of traktor and vci mappings.. also when i sample a beat juggle the pitch goes up and down on the audio being repeated...
Jodi Lacerra
hey i'm getting the same issue, is there a fix?
For now, there is no fix. If you turn scratch off momentarily you can drop your cue without noticing; otherwise, juggle mode is your best bet.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy