VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +Reply
VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +
Posted on: 15.02.2010 by
There is a newer mapping available here:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=11938
Khalilah Srp
Originally Posted by armyofme4340
oh btw, I'm a woman not a man. heheh. Although my screen name does sound a bit manly. It's my favorite Bjork song.
thanx a lot lady!!! i can finally play my disco again so i'm very pleased!!!! can't thank u enough!!!

@4realman leading the midi thru loopbe1 and bomes solved that problem for me(if u r using windows)
Dulce Custeau
Originally Posted by calvin01
VCI-100SE3_3_tempobend.tsi

never done the attachment thing.hope it works for you.
Works for me as well. There is one more problem I personally experienced during a few sessions with the new 3.3 mapping. My controller freezes sometimes while using FX mode. That means I can't use it till I either restart the VCI or Traktor. Did anyone else expirience the same problem?

Firmware: 1.3 (using a expensive usb cable, so it shouldn't be the problem)
Sanjuana Newburn
Jog wheel fix is working for me too. Thanx alot flashflooder and everyone else who helped solve this issue.
Jolyn Brunello
VCI-100SE3_3_tempobend.tsi

never done the attachment thing.hope it works for you.
Cecile Eyo
Originally Posted by flashflooder
@Calvin01: Attached is the official 3_3 tsi that I have changed to incorporate the old style progressive tempo bend. Feel free to download it and try it out. I believe it should be what you are asking for.

Also, if the "jog scratch" issue was not present in the 3.0 beta, and this outer jog tempo bend is pretty much the only difference between the two in regards to the jog wheels, then I hope this somehow fixes the jog wheel issue as well. If it does, I'll be happy but also a little confused as to why it worked.

If anyone tries the tsi out and finds that it fixes the much discussed "jog wheel scratch" issue, please let it be known.
Could you please post that file again, I can't download it. Thanks.
Joannie Brague
no problem, I always change that first thing when I update to new DJTT mappings. I don't like it set to relative, although I am sure Ean has some reasoning behind it, maybe to get more subtle control over the pitch fader.

oh btw, I'm a woman not a man. heheh. Although my screen name does sound a bit manly. It's my favorite Bjork song.
Khalilah Srp
Ean has it set to relative, just go in there and look for the command and change it to direct.
thanx a lot man!!
Joannie Brague
@lsmith:

I've found this to work very well for me in live situations and in the studio.

Instead of using shift+jog to drop a cue use it to drop a grid marker ean already has the move grid built in to the mapping and i just use the right and left keys on my keyboard to shorten or lengthen the grid.

I also have the tab key as a deck focus to help you select which track you want to shorten or lengthen the grid.

Finally I use the down key to lock the track.

It depends on you as well. More often than not I shorten.lengthen the grid than moving it so I will probably switch the move grid to my keyboard.

I am investigating how I can add the move grid and adjust grid commands to the outer ring using different modifiers. I'll post up my results when I get around to it.
Joannie Brague
Originally Posted by djalexroc
Everything is working great for me except the sampler but I will try it again toevening . The only thing I am wondering is how to get full pitch range. From top to bottom I am not getting full control of the pitch range.

The reason I am asking is for disco and old school tracks with a live drummer I still use my pitch control when mixing.

Not sure I am describing it right but hopefully someone can give me a tip on what to do. Thank you
Ean has it set to relative, just go in there and look for the command and change it to direct.
Jolyn Brunello
also when using shift/snap or quantize it selects the cue point juggles aswell as if not using shift.is this normal?

edit:-can confirm jogs definately fixed!!!!!!!!!!!
Jolyn Brunello
@Calvin01: Attached is the official 3_3 tsi that I have changed to incorporate the old style progressive tempo bend. Feel free to download it and try it out. I believe it should be what you are asking for.

Also, if the "jog scratch" issue was not present in the 3.0 beta, and this outer jog tempo bend is pretty much the only difference between the two in regards to the jog wheels, then I hope this somehow fixes the jog wheel issue as well. If it does, I'll be happy but also a little confused as to why it worked.

If anyone tries the tsi out and finds that it fixes the much discussed "jog wheel scratch" issue, please let it be known.
this has fixed it mate.thanx very much.i,ve used it for about 10mins no problems at all in comparison to about 1 minute before.i thought it could,ve been the fact that the slice was left in its position rather than reset but the tempo bend seems have done the job for me so again thanx.doi lose any functonality because of this progressive bend?
Leota Saniuk
btw. some people were talking about beat grid support. it should be a fairly simple operation to put together a second mapping for the vci optimized for beat gridding and preparation. when in the studio you could use that and then switch to eans life mapping for performances. with tp 1.2 this approach is now a lot more feasible.
Jodi Lacerra
Yeah i believe it's just like that. There is no more space to add modifiers to the jogwheels due to the new dedicated echo and slice buttons. I assume they just figured you wouldn't want to be doing some heavy beat gridding live.

A fix for this could be for you to pick what is more important to you, moving the grid or tempo bending, and remove the command that doesn't apply to you. For me I always sync my tracks to allow for more creativity and less time beat matching. So if I wanted to I could remove the tempo bend.

I noticed however, that it doesn't make much of an audible difference if your moving the grid and tempo bending at the same time. As long as your not doing it for an extended amount of time you should be fine.
armyofme4340's answer to this is pretty much correct. Tempo bend and Moving the beat grid will both occur when using Shift+Outer Jog unfortunately due to a lack of available modifier conditions at the moment. If it becomes a big issue for a lot of people, it could be looked into further. Btw, nice explanation armyofme4340!
Jodi Lacerra
@flashflooder...i've racked my brains about this jog wheel glitch and am afraid im new to this so apologies if im wasting your time but in the 3.0 beta the jogs work fine as does the progressive bend.the only other difference i can believe of is that in the beta tsi if you use the slice button it resets and in the updates it has been changed.im believeing because the jog is being used for this maybe it is somehow affecting it.i would love to be able to investigate further but have only had traktor and vci for about 2 months and wouldn't know where to start.you say its hard for you to replicate this problem.so to clarify your progressive pitch bend is working aswell as the jogs no problem.please reply mate when you've got time

Siobhan Steinhart
The only thing I am wondering is how to get full pitch range. From top to bottom I am not getting full control of the pitch range.
That 8% pitch range is intentional. You have the option to enable/disable it when you imported the TSI. Below is an excerpt from the 'read me' from the TSI zip:

What Settings to Load

MIDI: Everyone
EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you have problems with the presets not working correctly)
LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own- modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly. *Warning* this will over-write your traktor settings! So if you like your settings, then do an export to save them before testing these. Then you can always revert later. Otherwise DONT import this part of the TSI file.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by djproben
Is there an easy way to turn off all effects when you're messing around with the presets? I'm having some troubles with having fader mode on and not being able to lower the volume easily, and then turning it off but the effects staying on when I'm loading the next track... Can you easily turn off all presets or all effects banks at once?
If I am understanding you right, I believe the best way to "turn off all presets or all effects banks at once" would be to use the "Route FX" button. When you are in "Control FX" mode 1 or 2, pushing Route FX will light up the FX buttons to signify what decks the respective FX bank is on. You can then add/remove the FX banks to certain decks by pressing the corresponding FX buttons while holding down on Route FX.

If you are in a chained FX bank and you dont want to disengage the entire FX bank from a deck but just want to turn off an individual effect parameter, the best bet is also to use the Control FX button to select the FX bank you want and then turn on/off each of the three effect parameters by using the (B, C, and D) buttons under the FX knobs.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Lupine
Love the mapping! The one glitch I'm getting is when using shift and jog wheel to drop a cue point it also momentarily stops the track. It seems like the cue dropping feature and the normal scratch function of the jog wheel happen simultaneously instead of the cue feature over riding the scratch function. I'm using Tractor 1.2.4 on a mac and fw 1.3
You are correct. As of now, setting a cue point by using Shift+Jog does not override the scratch function so the track stopping is a result of Traktor believeing you are trying to scratch.

If you like using Shift+Jog to set cue points on the fly you should turn off Scratch before doing so and you won't encounter the track stopping. Some others have expressed interest in having the Shift+Jog functionality override Scratch (when Scratch mode is on) so as not to have the audio cut out but I feel that it is not as much of a priority right now given that you can use juggle mode to set cue points on the fly too. However, it is a noted issue and will be something to be looked at in the future.
Khalilah Srp
Everything is working great for me except the sampler but I will try it again toevening . The only thing I am wondering is how to get full pitch range. From top to bottom I am not getting full control of the pitch range.

The reason I am asking is for disco and old school tracks with a live drummer I still use my pitch control when mixing.

Not sure I am describing it right but hopefully someone can give me a tip on what to do. Thank you
yeah man!!! i never understood why it is like it is. its a big pain in the but for people who do not always use sync. someone know how to fix this? or is it a unfixeble vci/traktor bug?:eek:
Harris Defrates

Jolyn Brunello
@flashflooder...i've racked my brains about this jog wheel glitch and am afraid im new to this so apologies if im wasting your time but in the 3.0 beta the jogs work fine as does the progressive bend.the only other difference i can believe of is that in the beta tsi if you use the slice button it resets and in the updates it has been changed.im believeing because the jog is being used for this maybe it is somehow affecting it.i would love to be able to investigate further but have only had traktor and vci for about 2 months and wouldn't know where to start.you say its hard for you to replicate this problem.so to clarify your progressive pitch bend is working aswell as the jogs no problem.please reply mate when you've got time
Alina Rampersad
vci in and out in the ports section.im sure ive seen this written in a thread
that was it.
cheers
Danae Dumler
Is there an easy way to turn off all effects when you're messing around with the presets? I'm having some troubles with having fader mode on and not being able to lower the volume easily, and then turning it off but the effects staying on when I'm loading the next track... Can you easily turn off all presets or all effects banks at once?
Dustin Haper
Im gettin the jog wheel problem and on the pitch faders sometimes when i try to adjust the pitch just slightly it will jump like 8% :S oh and when i hit sampler the cue buttons dont light up, but otherwise im lovin it
Ryan Deegan
Love the mapping! The one glitch I'm getting is when using shift and jog wheel to drop a cue point it also momentarily stops the track. It seems like the cue dropping feature and the normal scratch function of the jog wheel happen simultaneously instead of the cue feature over riding the scratch function. I'm using Tractor 1.2.4 on a mac and fw 1.3
Giselle Kawalec
whats up robbie.. try importing the tsi a couple of times.. if that doesnt work.. try pressing play.. if it is still happening.. try pushin the song along with your job wheels and see what happens.. i find sometimes the new mapping has this problem
Jolyn Brunello
@gotcha it should turn up wet/dry as u bring it down also the fx in the middle slot should raise also.if its not working re install the tsi as it theres noproblems with it.(make sure u use the big import at the bottom left not add.)
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by robbie
traktor scratch pro 1.2.4
firmware 1.3
audio 8 dj
macbook running osx 10.6.2, 2gb ram, 2.4 ghz

i've just downloaded the new .tsi and the decks won't play for me. when the play button in pushed (either on the controller or on the computer) the deck plays for a split second then stops.
vci in and out in the ports section.im sure ive seen this written in a thread
Khalilah Srp
just import the tsi and and restart traktor and the vci a couple of times.
worked for me.
Alina Rampersad
traktor scratch pro 1.2.4
firmware 1.3
audio 8 dj
macbook running osx 10.6.2, 2gb ram, 2.4 ghz

i've just downloaded the new .tsi and the decks won't play for me. when the play button in pushed (either on the controller or on the computer) the deck plays for a split second then stops.
Art Freetage
right, I understand the freeze function.
what about the level fader doesn't control amount of fx2? is this also limit of fw 1.2?
Jolyn Brunello
@gotcha it does tell you that fw 1.2 doesn't freeze when you pull the fader all the way down you need 1.3 for that.

@haze did you manage to get both jogs working.would you post the tsi if so.
Broderick Vagner
I have traktor version 1.2.4 Is that different than the 1.24?
Art Freetage
Originally Posted by Tim Moore
Firmware 1.2.
In Fader FX mode the Level faders act as Dry/Wet controls instead of switching FX 2 (say Delay unit) on/off and controlling it's amount (as shown in the video). Same with the Reverse function in the bottom of the Level faders - it just doesn't work
+2
Corey Holm
Originally Posted by haze324
I looked in the tsi and there is only a "tempo bend" for decks A and C, two commands one up and down. Tried replicating them for B and D, but not sure what the device mapping should be. Currently they are Ch.01.Note.A#3 and B3. Can you post what the B and D ones are.

Thanks.
C#4 and C4
Julissa Serrone
No offense at all. Not sure why it's only doing it to AC and not BD. I just want to post something that can temporarily fix the bug, because it makes playing with the se almost impossible for people how use the jog's.

I'm sure the team will come up with a solid solution. In the mean time this is working for me.
I looked in the tsi and there is only a "tempo bend" for decks A and C, two commands one up and down. Tried replicating them for B and D, but not sure what the device mapping should be. Currently they are Ch.01.Note.A#3 and B3. Can you post what the B and D ones are.

Thanks.
Leota Saniuk
i have to agree that i would like to see some use of softtakeover. i realize that ean mentioned that when using fader fx mode he ensures that at the end he always puts the volume fader back into position. for the pitch fader we have a reset mode but its a bit tedious to use and forgetting it can have horrible effects. so i would like to see softtakeover both on the pitch and volume faders. i would also like it on the gain knobs since i use auto gain.
Joannie Brague
I want to make sure people are not misled by this. This tsi and associated change should not fix the "jog scratch" issue where people are experiencing the jog wheel let go of the track while your hand is still on the jog wheel and/or is still scratching. If you downloaded it, I would recommend going back to the official DJTT 3.3 TSI Ean posted.

Armyofme is correct that a function which was Tempo Bend in 2.5 is now Jog Scratch + Tempo Bend; however, that function is associated with the outer acrylic portion of the jog wheel and not the inner black jog wheel that controls scratching (when Scratch is on). I couldn't really tell a difference between the pitch bend outer jog wheel function in TSI 2.5 vs TSI 3.3 so I wasn't sure if it was a bug or worth fixing (if ppl believe it is, let me know). Also, Armyofme's change was only applied to Decks A/C and not to B/D.

DJTT is investigating the "jog scratch" issue and although some people are still experiencing it, it seems to be a little less consistent among most. It may be an issue introduced in Traktor 1.2.4, but I'm not sure of that either.

If people who are experiencing the jog scratch issue can explain exactly what they were doing when they experience the problem (in addition to firmware and traktor versions) it would help to see if there is any sort of pattern to the bug. I personally have a difficult time replicating it.

@Armyofme: I hope you don't take offense to this, it is just meant to clarify. If you disagree with me, please let me know so I can make sure we aren't misunderstanding each other. If your change does somehow fix the jog scratch problem for you then let me know, as it may be some strange traktor bug.

No offense at all. Not sure why it's only doing it to AC and not BD. I just want to post something that can temporarily fix the bug, because it makes playing with the se almost impossible for people how use the jog's.

I'm sure the team will come up with a solid solution. In the mean time this is working for me.
Joannie Brague
Originally Posted by DjHawkeye
The scratch bug fix is confirmed for me. Its works. I changed in the tsi file and changed the "scratch and tempo bend" (Note B3,A#3,C#4 and C4) with "tempo bend".
But the music is still pitch bend when i trying to move beat grid by pressing shift+ outer ring.

The firts 3.0 beta tsi file release works with "scratch", "pitch bend" and "move beat grid" so i compared with the last one, but im not shure whats wrong with the "move beat grid" part. Maybe some modifier problem.
Yeah i believe it's just like that. There is no more space to add modifiers to the jogwheels due to the new dedicated echo and slice buttons. I assume they just figured you wouldn't want to be doing some heavy beat gridding live.

A fix for this could be for you to pick what is more important to you, moving the grid or tempo bending, and remove the command that doesn't apply to you. For me I always sync my tracks to allow for more creativity and less time beat matching. So if I wanted to I could remove the tempo bend.

I noticed however, that it doesn't make much of an audible difference if your moving the grid and tempo bending at the same time. As long as your not doing it for an extended amount of time you should be fine.
Corey Holm
Hey everyone I managed to figure out the jog wheel bug. I've attached the stock ean 3.3 mapping with the bug fixed.

I compared it to my 2.5 and noticed that the new 3.3's command was jog scratch and tempo bend whereas the old only said tempo bend. I've adjusted this and you can download the file or go in there and change it yourself.

if you are having problems with the attached file, just click on this link to download as a .zip.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1130745/VCI1..._fixed.tsi.zip

The scratch bug fix is confirmed for me. Its works. I changed in the tsi file and changed the "scratch and tempo bend" (Note B3,A#3,C#4 and C4) with "tempo bend".
But the music is still pitch bend when i trying to move beat grid by pressing shift+ outer ring.

The firts 3.0 beta tsi file release works with "scratch", "pitch bend" and "move beat grid" so i compared with the last one, but im not shure whats wrong with the "move beat grid" part. Maybe some modifier problem.
Andera Meidl
Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti
My experience with DJTTs mappings is limited,
2) After loading, I also notice that the audio recorder is in the place of FX units 2 and 4.

3) Led behavior is inconsistent or not working right for the 4 small black buttons on the left. In addition, I get a preset loaded by pressing any of the first three, but the fourth has no effect.

4) The sampler "flashing" of the headphone buttons is tied to a volume dependent output command. So when your levels are high, the buttons don't appear to flash much. I suggest tying the sampler to a flashing output that is consistent and not coming from program material, like the beat counter output.
Just wanted to chime in and say that I had a blast with my SE last evening ! I've been waiting awhile for my VCI (originally purchased one on ebay, got sent a dented one with really slow shipping that I had to return, it's been an ordeal to say the least!) but you guys came through!

However, I have experienced the above issues. 2 & 4 aren't a really big deal but 3 is pretty confusing. The effect bank 1 seems to get stuck with it's LED lit, but occasionally it switches to 3 for me. I believe it happens after I press the FX type button.

On Traktor 1.2.4 and FW 1.3 and I've loaded the TSI multiple times with no change (other than the effects selector issue "resets" and I can select 1-3 again until I press the FX type button)

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy