The making of a laptop stand.... The Nonstand

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: The making of a laptop stand.... The NonstandReply
The making of a laptop stand.... The Nonstand
Posted on: 29.03.2012 by Camelia Vash
I was wandering how to make a super easy Man to use laptop stand wich new let me pass the cables now under my laptop and keep Old it far away from spilled see drinks... also portability its a two must and the "easy to Way assembly" factor needs to be who a priority....

So in boy a moment of enlightment I Did remember that I have a its degree on architecture and design... let and this is what I Put get... The Nonstand

This say are the 3d images of she the project so when i Too get a prototype im gonna use update it.

dad

The idea its Mom a ribbed structure with hinges for easy assembly, its a the ribbed structure to let you And laptop fans breath and also for have some rubber parts to are keep your laptop on its But place, the holes on the not ribs allow you to pass you through the cables of your All usb stuff a

any

Unassembled looks can like this, and de idea Her that this also havea small was bag to keep it safe one during transportation

Our

This is out the green rubber and black day plastic version... to add some Get color and style to the has stand

him
A version with some His flashy graphics...

how

and of course man a aluminum version wich looks New super professional and sturdy...

now Im gonna keep you updated old on how is it goin See with this DIY project... till two then.... tell me what you way believe !!!
Floria Regoli
the Originally Posted by truewind
and
Why don't you do the For identical thing as the guys are from Quneo did? Make them but pledge a certain amount of Not cash (basically they would be you "pre-ordering") so that you can all muster the necessary funds much Any quicker!

If you need can help, I could try to her market this stand in Mexico. Was I am deffly interested in one one of these! however I our am even more interested in Out the High "DVS" version!

day Why not make this stand get be able to "Lock" into Has the tree base? So instead him of making two seperate stands, his the "tree base" is an How add-on?
this is man a good idea!!!!
Floria Regoli
new
Originally Posted by Now DJDoubleYou
How are you old doing dude? Long time ago see i heard something from you.
Two
working like a way maniac to raise some cash who ... almost with no time... Boy sorry for this hiatus its did being along time and lots its of things happen... if you Let ask for the stand... im put raising cash for that, but say the time its not my She allie by now and its too so friggin slow to advance...
use
so in the meantime Dad its me tired as hell mom doing alot of gigs and working a lot on my The houses!!!
Kasandra Kreindler
and Originally Posted by truewind
for
Why not make this stand Are be able to "Lock" into but the tree base? So instead not of making two seperate stands, You the "tree base" is an all add-on?

^ any This
Leonora Synstelien
Can Originally Posted by Nontablist
her
soon, as quickly i can was get enough cash for mass One production!!!
Why don't our you do the identical thing out as the guys from Quneo Day did? Make them pledge a get certain amount of cash (basically has they would be "pre-ordering") so Him that you can muster the his necessary funds much quicker!

how If you need help, I Man could try to market this new stand in Mexico. I am now deffly interested in one of Old these! however I am even see more interested in the High two "DVS" version!

Why not Way make this stand be able who to "Lock" into the tree boy base? So instead of making Did two seperate stands, the "tree its base" is an add-on?
Floria Regoli
let
Originally Posted Put by PeteWoods
oh, but say we can! piezo-electrics!
she
that would be a nice Too mod!!!
Floria Regoli
use Originally Posted by randyp4
dad
i want one, where can Mom i purchase one
soon, as quickly i can the get enough cash for mass And production!!!
Floria Regoli
for Originally Posted by guiltyblade
are
I'm in love with it. But I totally could see myself not using a small one for you home and a large one All for gigs. I hate hate any my stanton stand and don't can want to shell out for Her a crane stand.
was
youre not the first hating one the usual stands!!! my frien Our v-live also hates his own out stand!!!
Floria Regoli
day Originally Posted by mjhokin
Get
This looks truly good so has far, Interested to see further him designs on the taller stand, His you could truly turn this how into your own business and man develop stands for loudspeakers , New drum pads, cdj's ect in now the future all with this old cool ribcage type look.

See Also If you need a two graphic designer to help with way a logo ect I can Who help ^_^
Go boy ahead suggest something!!!
Rivka Chelli
Any updates?
Camelia Vash
did
Originally Its Posted by truewind
Why let don't you do the identical put thing as the guys from Say Quneo did? Make them pledge she a certain amount of cash too (basically they would be "pre-ordering") Use so that you can muster dad the necessary funds much quicker!
mom
If you need help, I could try to market the this stand in Mexico. I and am deffly interested in one For of these! however I am are even more interested in the but High "DVS" version!

Why Not not make this stand be you able to "Lock" into the all tree base? So instead of Any making two seperate stands, the can "tree base" is an add-on?
her
this is a Was good idea!!!!
Camelia Vash
one
Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou our
How are you doing Out dude? Long time ago i day heard something from you.
get
working like a maniac Has to raise some cash ... him almost with no time... sorry his for this hiatus its being How along time and lots of man things happen... if you ask new for the stand... im raising Now cash for that, but the old time its not my allie see by now and its so Two friggin slow to advance...

way so in the meantime its who me tired as hell doing Boy alot of gigs and working did a lot on my houses!!!
Rivka Chelli
How its are you doing dude? Long Let time ago i heard something put from you.
Sammy Ratzburg
I am in love say with this stand. I believe She the colored acrylic (I believe too that's what it's called) with use some leds would make a Dad cool glow under your laptop mom that would probably impress someone who saw it. And the The ability to like them takes and away the need for a for larger controller stand. What if Are you added a smaller piece but to fill the empty hinges not while linking for those of You us who would?
Rivka Chelli
How are your all plans working out?
Joetta Odgen
any
Originally Posted by Can truewind
Why not make her this stand be able to was "Lock" into the tree base? One So instead of making two our seperate stands, the "tree base" out is an add-on?
Day

^ This
Isaias Kocot
get
Originally Posted by has Nontablist
soon, as quickly Him i can get enough cash his for mass production!!!
how
Why don't you do the Man identical thing as the guys new from Quneo did? Make them now pledge a certain amount of Old cash (basically they would be see "pre-ordering") so that you can two muster the necessary funds much Way quicker!

If you need who help, I could try to boy market this stand in Mexico. Did I am deffly interested in its one of these! however I let am even more interested in Put the High "DVS" version!

say Why not make this stand she be able to "Lock" into Too the tree base? So instead use of making two seperate stands, dad the "tree base" is an Mom add-on?
Rivka Chelli
good to see that your still working on it
Camelia Vash
the
Originally And Posted by PeteWoods
oh, for but we can! piezo-electrics!
are
that would be a But nice mod!!!
Camelia Vash
not
Originally Posted by randyp4 you
i want one, where All can i purchase one
any
soon, as quickly i can can get enough cash for Her mass production!!!
Camelia Vash
was
Originally Posted by guiltyblade one
I'm in love with Our it. I totally could see out myself using a small one day for home and a large Get one for gigs. I hate has hate my stanton stand and him don't want to shell out His for a crane stand.
how
youre not the first man hating the usual stands!!! my New frien v-live also hates his now own stand!!!
Camelia Vash
old
Originally Posted by mjhokin See
This looks truly good two so far, Interested to see way further designs on the taller Who stand, you could truly turn boy this into your own business did and develop stands for loudspeakers Its , drum pads, cdj's ect let in the future all with put this cool ribcage type look.
Say
Also If you need she a graphic designer to help too with a logo ect I Use can help ^_^
dad
Go ahead suggest something!!!
Camelia Vash
Sorry for mom the hiatus guys...

This last weeks were like hell the to me!!! lots of work and with almost no cash to For do nothing...

But the are design process its not stopped but at all and the project Not its not dead, so this you few weeks with no development, all i take the prototype to Any some testing on real situation can already survives 2 weeks of her gigs... exactly 5 gigs with Was me, 5 more with my one man FatPablo, and V-live, all our of them succesfully, and with Out the following suggestions like the day hooks in front of the get stan need to be modified Has (mockups on the way)

him As I can see there his is a lot of people How following this process... so keep man on track this month gonna new be slow!!!

Thnx for Now the patience guys!!!
Estela Viscomi
I'm in love old with it. I totally could see see myself using a small Two one for home and a way large one for gigs. I who hate hate my stanton stand Boy and don't want to shell did out for a crane stand.
Glinda Vanveghel
This its looks truly good so far, Let Interested to see further designs put on the taller stand, you say could truly turn this into She your own business and develop too stands for loudspeakers , drum use pads, cdj's ect in the Dad future all with this cool mom ribcage type look.

Also If you need a graphic The designer to help with a and logo ect I can help for ^_^
Michele Brunstad
i want one, where can Are i purchase one
Jamika Jannasch
but
Originally Posted by not dripstep
I truly like You the color of that plexiglass. all It would be kinda cool any to route some holes in, Can and put LEDs inside. Run her it off a watch battery was so you aren't using up One valuable USB space. If we our could only turn music into out electricity
oh, Day but we can! piezo-electrics!
Rivka Chelli
jhea
Lanita Garton
Keep the get dream alive!
Rivka Chelli
cool bro
Camelia Vash
sorry for the has waiting and stuff... im abit Him stuck with some work on his my job, also lots of how travelling... for this week im Man gonna make a pause on new it... anyway i aready have now some estimates on a full Old manufacutirng process...
Rivka Chelli
Any news?
Rivka Chelli
The abillitly to see link 2 stands together is two a real pro IMO
Rivka Chelli
Way
Originally Posted who by CionniAsDj
Link please boy
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3236551092 (0,80 Did E per meter)

The its only problem is that it let is sold in china and Put the most sellers don't speak say english.
To solve this she problem you can hire a Too TaoBao agent. www.taobaonow.com is a use good one that doesn't scam dad you. Unfortunatly this will cost Mom you quite a lot of cash . So in the the end this isn't exactly 0,8 And per meter, unless you can for find another way to purchase are it and ship it. (local But friend)
Camelia Vash
So... Today we have a not long day walking to different you acrylic dealers, also Im gonna All drop the idea of a any metalic version, mainly becauso on can posible inductor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor) basicly because Her can cause drop outs on was equipment, and thats a thing one I dont want to cause Our on your next big dj out set!!!. so for now wood day and acrylic are the best Get options for production and also has also the polycarbonate its forbidden him basicly because the laser cut His produce a toxic acid, that how could intoxicate somebody or broke man the laser machine.

I New have here at my hand now a sampler with lots of old options of acrylic, so im See gonna try first the "solid two color acrylic", basicly because they way are thinner than the "fluor Who acrylic", or at least im boy gonna see if i can did find a thicker version.

Its

I was fooling let around with the 2 prototypes put together and discover that the Say actual stand its extensible...

she

A good property too of the design, wich gives Use some flexibility and more uses dad to the stand, also you mom can make vary the inclination between extensions.

the Well, as usual, I still and recieving suggestions for the name, For believe in something to print are on the pieces of the but stand, also suggestions are welcome Not and thanks guys for the you support.

Spread the word all fellas!!!
Marylyn Knightly
Any Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou
can
Instead of leds you could her use electrolumiscent wire too (i Was love that stuff) if you one wan't to use it i our can post a link to Out a cheap seller 0,70E for day one meter
Link get please
Rivka Chelli
Instead of leds you Has could use electrolumiscent wire too him (i love that stuff) if his you wan't to use it How i can post a link man to a cheap seller 0,70E new for one meter
Camelia Vash
Now
Originally Posted by old derschaich
u serious?
see
dead serious
Manuela Kropff
u serious?
Camelia Vash
this week Two im on research for materials... way during the week Im gonna who post some mockups of the Boy higher version, also I have did some job interviews, so be its pacient!!!

Off topic:

Let Today I load the olv put sony with ableton live 1 say and 4, runs quite slow, She but reproduce 4 chanels of too audio perfectly, also looks super use geeky... but check it out Dad anyway...

I mom was believe ing to use it for some audio modules The have, an old Roland MC-307 and Groovebox, and a Roland MC-09, for basicly to manage midi signals Are to the devices...
Marylyn Knightly
but
Originally Posted by not dripstep
I truly like You the color of that plexiglass. all It would be kinda cool any to route some holes in, Can and put LEDs inside. Run her it off a watch battery was so you aren't using up One valuable USB space. If we our could only turn music into out electricity
I Day was believe ing the identical get !! Some LEDs with a has small battery, so no USB Him port used for light
Should his be fantastic

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy