VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2Reply
VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 09.08.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
After long anticipation, the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is here. Please note that this mapping has been designed to utilize Traktor Pro 2 functions and the mapping will not work with earlier Traktor versions.

The core of the mapping shares a lot of similarities to the v3.6.4 VCI-100 mapping; however, there are a number of key changes as follows (I am going to reference things based on the current overlay text):

• The section in the Top Right section of the controller (formerly "Sampler" section) is now the Loop Recorder. The "Sampler" button will Rec the Loop Recorder and then play it afterwards. Pressing the Sampler button again after having recorded will overdub (re-record) the Loop Recorder. Shift+Sampler button will delete the Recorded Loop. The source of the Loop Recorded is not controlled by the mapping and should be set by you (e.g., main, cue, ext, aux).
  • The "Vol" knob controls the Loop Rec Dry/Wet
  • The "Glitch" knob control the Loop Rec Length
  • The "Len" knob controls overall Master Volume
  • The "Loops" section of the "Control FX" section in the upper right side of the VCI is now the "Sample Deck" section which controls Deck D as a Sample Deck.
  • While in the "Sample Deck" section the knobs will control the volume of each four sample slots of Deck D.
  • If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
  • If a sample slot is occupied, the button LED should be lit to indicate this and the button will then mute/unmute the corresponding sample slot.
  • A sample within a Sample slot can be delete by pressing Shift+Sample slot button
  • If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, all of the tempo, pitch bend, scratch, play, cue, eq, filter, loop/2,x2 (alters length of sample), loop 8 (sets sample to original length) and volume controls affect all four sample slots for the corresponding Sample Deck.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, you can utilize "Juggle 1-4" mode to trigger individual Samples within that Sample Deck.
  • All EQ knobs and Gain knobs can now be used in "Soft takeover" mode if you hold Shift while turning the knob
  • Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
  • Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)

There are some other small changes within the mapping, but those listed above are all of the major changes. This is an initial release of DJTT's new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the VCI-100SE, updates to follow if necessary.

Please use this thread if you believe you found a bug or have questions about the mapping's functionality.

I hope to post a visual layout soon, but for now the text above will have to do. Thanks to everyone for your patience in getting this mapping out and I appreciate everyone's support along the way.

EDIT: In v4.1, a few minor bugs and LED issues were fixed. Also, Shift+the Jog wheel no longer sets Cue Points on the fly. Now, Shift+Jog turn will seek through a track (with scratch on or off).
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by Silverfish
It's only the sample deck functionality, and it's only sort of broken. The clips get copied either from the loop in Deck A, B, or the Sampler, but they do not automatically play and then stop the deck they were sampled from. At first I thought, "okay, not so bad. I'll just trigger the samples manually." That's when things get bad. When I do that, I get weird phasing and pitch issues, even with the "sync" enabled and SyncMode set to "Beat Sync".
yep me too. i rolled bak to 2.2 with the hope that someone will be able to at least get some functionality going at some point!!
Ciara Lichte
Originally Posted by dillinger23
When you say kind of a mess........ are you having other problems with other functions? or is it ONLY the sample deck functionality you have lost?
It's only the sample deck functionality, and it's only sort of broken. The clips get copied either from the loop in Deck A, B, or the Sampler, but they do not automatically play and then stop the deck they were sampled from. At first I thought, "okay, not so bad. I'll just trigger the samples manually." That's when things get bad. When I do that, I get weird phasing and pitch issues, even with the "sync" enabled and SyncMode set to "Beat Sync".
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by Silverfish
I just wanted to chime in and say that 2.5 Remix Decks are kind of a mess when using VCI-100SE with the 4.1 mapping. Does anyone know how to get the Sample Deck functionality back? The Remix Decks are giving me nothing but trouble.

Thanks for letting me gripe, and thanks for your help!
When you say kind of a mess........ are you having other problems with other functions? or is it ONLY the sample deck functionality you have lost?
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by silvercat
I'm having several issues with this and Traktor 2.5 (Firmware 1.3) I liked the feature where Deck C and D "disappear" when I'm not controlling them. Now, instead, they grow bigger when I've deactivated control of them.
This will be down to whatever layouts you have in the layout bit. I believe the button just selects a layout position in the list. Work out which layout it selects when you press he button, then create the look you want in that specific layout for deck c d control.
Ciara Lichte
I just wanted to chime in and say that 2.5 Remix Decks are kind of a mess when using VCI-100SE with the 4.1 mapping. Does anyone know how to get the Sample Deck functionality back? The Remix Decks are giving me nothing but trouble.

Thanks for letting me gripe, and thanks for your help!
Lavon Querubin
I'm having several issues with this and Traktor 2.5 (Firmware 1.3) I liked the feature where Deck C and D "disappear" when I'm not controlling them. Now, instead, they grow bigger when I've deactivated control of them.
The FX preset buttons load the preset instantly when I hit the button, but sends it to FX bank 1. Now, holding FX-Preset 1 and either headphone button (which used to load that FX into bank 1 or 2) moves up a folder in the browser.
Fader FX-mode manipulates the same FX-bank (1) for both decks (!). This is a huge issue for me.
The 3.6.4 worked much better for Traktor 2.5 for me, except the Sampler-section did some random stuff..
Laurinda Bengert
Hi everyone !

I've got a problem with 4.1 and Traktor 2.. I can activate the effects on deck B BUT they don't work... ? Any solution ???
Yuko Armacost
I have a mapping I am working on for those people like me who use the VCI-100SE with an external mixer. All the mixer applications I have re-assigned to effects and other nice functions. Will post soon.
Lizabeth Peight
from my limited play around before rolling back to 2.2 all elements of the mapping work less sample decks, which makes sense really!
Suellen Ianelli
i don't fiddle around with mappings, that's why i was just wondering if i can still use the current djtt mapping after upgrading to 2.5 - well, i guess it's time to place my order for the kontrol f1 then! mehr bunte lichter!
Ashlea Nikolic
I tested it. If you want i can check out certain commands for you in combination with traktor 2.5
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by Balou
From my point the rest of the mapping works just as it should work
did you already try it or is this a theoretical assumption?
Ashlea Nikolic
From my point the rest of the mapping works just as it should work
Suellen Ianelli
what about the rest of the mapping? transport, effects etc? i don't care about the remix deck functionality since i am planning to use an f1 for that anyway.
Lizabeth Peight
no it does not. sample dex functionality does not work in the remix decks.
Suellen Ianelli
is anyone using the v4 maping with traktor 2.5? does it work?
Lizabeth Peight
Hi folks! so here's a question for folks in general, maybe Klaemo a little more than most. What are the chances that someone far cleverer than I will be able to adapt Flashflooder or Klaemo's latest mappings (with the latest overlay) to Pro 2.5. I understand it would be an impossible task to get much of the signals in, but as the remix decks do still on a basic level function similar to the sample decks, how likely is it that the mapping could be mofified to at least retain the sample deck functionality (ie. load and trigger) within the remix decks. I ask this question as it would seem that 2.5 is an upgrade in many ways (better beat count/gridding engine, MUCH lower CPU usage, etc..... its almost as though the bigwigs at NI were following our loving petition for a new overlay and announced a new version of traktor only weeks later just to f*** with our heads!!! of course thats ridiculous, but the timing was kind of ironic. Anyhow, if anyone has any ideas or opinions on this I would love to hear them. Thanks for reading! J
Dj Tykarma
Originally Posted by klaemo
Done!

If I didn't miss anything, this should be version 4.1 but with the old 3.6.4 FaderFX behavior.
btw, should I start a seperate thread for my mapping? I believe, it would make it easier to maintain the two versions.

edit:

I just fixed this, try the new version attached to this post.
that was a really obscure bug, though.
Just downloaded this edit by kleamo (on page 20) and tried it on my VCI. I did all the double-importing + MIDI IN-OUT assignments + T2 restart but U encounter the following issue :

- When Traktor 2 loads, the second LED of the FX preset buttons lights
- When I press on the FX preset buttons, the FX presets don't load on the either of the units.

I tried the DJTT mapping too, the FX presets work, but the two Decks share the same FX unit which is kinda unusable

BTW why isn't this posted on the DJTT Mappings section ?
Tawnya Attia
well. I'm pretty sure all you need to do is delete the jogwheel and pitch fader assignments and reassign them yourself. the rest of the
mapping should still work normally.
do none of the controls work whatsoever ?
check to see if the midi in/out ports are set to the vestax vci100.
sometimes importing the mapping does not do this automatically....
Deejay Rossi
arghghh so right you all are..I sent it in Sept. 2009... so I do not have the latest firmware. What is the most updated traktor that works with 1.3 firmware?
Tawnya Attia
i dont believe its possible for you to have fw1.4 if you sent it 2 years ago. the firmware released in october 2010.
thats around 1.5 years ago.
Deejay Rossi
Actually I am about 90% positive I have firmware 1.4 because I remember I wanted the higher resolution jog wheels. -what is the way to tell what you have?
Deejay Rossi
Originally Posted by flashflooder
i just tested downloading (from the first post on this thread) and importing the mapping into traktorn and it worked fine for me. try downloading the file and importing again and let me know if you still have the issue.
I did that.. and still nothing..very odd. Hmmm maybe I only have version 1.3 of the firmware... is there a V4 version that uses 1.3 firmware? That I could test? I sent it to DJTT about 2 years ago for a firmware upgrade since I did not have a serial port. Don't remember if that was version 1.3 or 1.4 now that I believe about it
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by tuckerdgreat
hi i have the new overlay as well can u tell me where did u excatly get the tsi file for that....theres so much stuff on this site..the ones ive tried doesnt seem to work...aslo ..did u have to got thru the set up wizard?....
thanks
try this link for the v4 (new overlay) mapping: http://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1 and no you do not have to go through the set up wizard, just import using the button on the bottom left of the preferences section
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Golden Ears
I can download it but it will not import into Traktor Pro 2 for me... odd since my EGE VCI-400 mapped easily... but something must be different with the VCI-100SE Arcade. I have version 1.4 firmware..and was able to use the VCI_100SE v3 upgrade. I am using Traktor Pro 2 2.13 with a VCI-100SE Arcade VCI firmware 1.4

I tried importing it twice, and even did a full reboot and restart..nothing last 2 days.
i just tested downloading (from the first post on this thread) and importing the mapping into traktorn and it worked fine for me. try downloading the file and importing again and let me know if you still have the issue.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by wrigh_a
i am unable to use the jogwheels as previously to scratch with ? now when i touch the platter the playing tune just stops?
you need to be running at least traktor 2.1 or higher. otherwise you likely do not have 1.4 fw on your vci-100.
Deejay Rossi
I can download it but it will not import into Traktor Pro 2 for me... odd since my EGE VCI-400 mapped easily... but something must be different with the VCI-100SE Arcade. I have version 1.4 firmware..and was able to use the VCI_100SE v3 upgrade. I am using Traktor Pro 2 2.13 with a VCI-100SE Arcade VCI firmware 1.4

I tried importing it twice, and even did a full reboot and restart..nothing last 2 days.
Apolonia Skibinski
Ive had an major issue with the dedicated echo button.If i have samples playing in deck 4, then use the echo button, it changes the tempo by half on the samples.Then when i push sync to correct it on deck 4 it plays them too fast, a 3rd press actually syncs them again.
I found that if i stop the samples before releasing the echo button it doesnt happen and i can start them synced fine.But the whole bug comes from the samples still playing when you release that button.If it happens pressing the echo button re-syncs them for the time it is pressed also.

Hope i explained this ok, i could throw up a video on youtube.
Tawnya Attia
@tuckerdgreat:- already responded to you before. go here:- http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post456581
Glen Crohn
hi i have the new overlay as well can u tell me where did u excatly get the tsi file for that....theres so much stuff on this site..the ones ive tried doesnt seem to work...aslo ..did u have to got thru the set up wizard?....
thanks
Wally Aduna
@klaemo - Thanks bud, that's why it wasn't jumping out at me initially I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Just realised someting that has been puzzling me with the tempo of the samples, in the sample decks. I exposed the master clock, and noticed the track deck which is highlighted as master, could be dependent on the position of the channel faders, and the cross fader.

e.g.
track deck A could have a track 127bpm, and not be playing.
track deck B could have a track loaded at 110 bpm, and be playing.
track deck D could have a sample loaded (from deck B), and be playing at a noticeably higher tempo than deck B (namely at 127bpm!). Even if it was set in loop mode, where the documentation says it should be synced. Tried the phase sync, and obv this didnt help, as it is phase not tempo.

Then I realised, that either a function of the mapping (or trakor generally) as I was just playing at home, and not performing, my faders were on the side of deck A, and there was mismatch somehow between the software and hardware positions, so Deck A had been set to master (even though deck was stopped).

This had me scratching my head for a while, as it there seemed to be no logical reason why sometimes the tempo of the samples would be correct, and sometimes seemingly fucked up. Anyhow, I am sure most of you know this already, but if this switches on the lightbulb for someone, then it was worth it.

Cheers,

Ry
Mayra Depasse
@rd0360 hey dude, that function is done in hardware. the VCI does the modifier work for you. it sends out different midi notes on the 4 FX buttons depending on what state it's in.
Lizabeth Peight
so funny that we finally got the new overlay we always wanted, sample decks and all...... and then along comes 2.5!!!! I hope someone on this community far smarter and knowledgeable than me can work out how to take advantage of the new 2.5 remix features using the new overlay we have. I cant see it being TOO hard, as 2.5 will be being given free to all S4 and S2 owners, so hopefully it follows the transition shouldnt be too difficult or painful.
Wally Aduna
@ gonekrazy3000,

Thanks, got it now!

I personally wasn't getting on too well with the sampler features part of the various VCI-100 TP2 mappings posted in this thread.

I have been reading Rainer's Traktor Bible for TP2, and looking at the various Traktor Bible plus updates.

I have discovered during my reading/experimenting the "macro" type sampler buttons, that are new in the Traktor Pro 2.1.1 mapping commands, namely "play primary" & "play secondary". I believe I'll have a go at integrating them into the later versions of flashflooders/klaemo's mappings, see if I can get something that works better for me (of which I can share)

One Q: in having a fiddle with the controller, and Klaemos latest mapping, I was looking at which buttons were mapped as modifiers, by pressing the buttons, and watching the modifier state value in the mapping window (just as a start to begin the climb up the proverbial mountain of cracking this mapping). I was expecting the rectangle button top right, that toggles between Fx 1, Fx 2 and sample (or "loop recorder" in the old version) to be associated with a modifier, but it didn't appear to be changing any M values?

I am struggling to find how/where this is toggling feature is implemented in the mappings. I know the answer may not quite as straightforward as I might hope, however something that can get me on the right path, so I can see how this variable Fx, Fx2, sampler functionality is implemented.

Cheers,

Ry
Lael Blacke
@ gonekrazy3000: Thanks! That helps! I believe it will just take a while until I'm into the whole bunch of functions and hints...
Tawnya Attia
@rd0360:- Klaemos effects work the same way as the old 3.6.4 mapping. so to apply presets you hold a preset switch down then press the headphone cue button of the respective deck to apply the effects there. make sure to press the headphone button twice to apply the effect parameters correctly to that deck. the presets buttons are geared more towards the fader effects mode. the fx section is for manual effects selection. and for that hold down shift and move the knob to toggle what effect is applied to that knob.

@ Dr Beat:- just press shift and move the fader to the default postion to reset the pitch fader. If you want 2 effect decks download the modified tsi made by klaemo that has a 2 effect unit version.
Lael Blacke
Hi folks! I successfully updated my firmware to 1.4. Now I have a question regarding to the latest mapping.

It seems that the pitch-faders are not set to 0 by default. There is al little offset (+/- 0,2 - 3). Is that a normal issue? For me as a traditional DJ, the pitch is still something I don't want to miss.

One more thing: Will the small FX preset buttons only change FX unit 1? Is there a way to load different presets into unit 2 aswell?
Glen Crohn
where is the lattest official tsi file tp2 v2...the one i currently have doesnt work
Wally Aduna
Originally Posted by klaemo
Done!

If I didn't miss anything, this should be version 4.1 but with the old 3.6.4 FaderFX behavior.
btw, should I start a seperate thread for my mapping? I believe, it would make it easier to maintain the two versions.

edit:

I just fixed this, try the new version attached to this post.
that was a really obscure bug, though.
Klaemo,

I'll start by saying thanks for all your great work on this (also flashflooder too). I have just got my VCI SE arcade yesterday, so been swatting up.

Just loaded this 4.1 tsi file. I have noticed that the FX presets (small black buttons) do not seem to be active. Is this intentional? I just tried loading flashflooders official tsi (at start of post) and they are functioning fine. I am keen to follow the old fader FX route.

Also any thoughts on the sample deck loading issue some other users have reported. i.e. the playing deck stopping, as you sample to deck D?

as stated in my PM I am keen to get involved and put some time into developing these mappings, just need a bit of time to get up to speed.

I have 1.4FW and Traktor 2.1.2.

Peace and love from Bristol

Edit - OK, FX presets seem to be doing something. I guess they are just targeted at FX1, and does not correspond to the Control FX selected in the top right. i.e. if Control FX 2 is highlighted, the presets still only change FX1. Not a big deal, but an observation.
Ashlea Nikolic
Hi guys,

i enjoy my new v4 overlay very much. Good work and thanks to all producers! Now the new traktor version 2.5 is announced by Ni for may. Will there be a new vci100 mapping to use the new functionalities?

Cheers

Balou

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy