VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2Reply
VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 09.08.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
After long anticipation, the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is here. Please note that this mapping has been designed to utilize Traktor Pro 2 functions and the mapping will not work with earlier Traktor versions.

The core of the mapping shares a lot of similarities to the v3.6.4 VCI-100 mapping; however, there are a number of key changes as follows (I am going to reference things based on the current overlay text):

• The section in the Top Right section of the controller (formerly "Sampler" section) is now the Loop Recorder. The "Sampler" button will Rec the Loop Recorder and then play it afterwards. Pressing the Sampler button again after having recorded will overdub (re-record) the Loop Recorder. Shift+Sampler button will delete the Recorded Loop. The source of the Loop Recorded is not controlled by the mapping and should be set by you (e.g., main, cue, ext, aux).
  • The "Vol" knob controls the Loop Rec Dry/Wet
  • The "Glitch" knob control the Loop Rec Length
  • The "Len" knob controls overall Master Volume
  • The "Loops" section of the "Control FX" section in the upper right side of the VCI is now the "Sample Deck" section which controls Deck D as a Sample Deck.
  • While in the "Sample Deck" section the knobs will control the volume of each four sample slots of Deck D.
  • If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
  • If a sample slot is occupied, the button LED should be lit to indicate this and the button will then mute/unmute the corresponding sample slot.
  • A sample within a Sample slot can be delete by pressing Shift+Sample slot button
  • If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, all of the tempo, pitch bend, scratch, play, cue, eq, filter, loop/2,x2 (alters length of sample), loop 8 (sets sample to original length) and volume controls affect all four sample slots for the corresponding Sample Deck.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, you can utilize "Juggle 1-4" mode to trigger individual Samples within that Sample Deck.
  • All EQ knobs and Gain knobs can now be used in "Soft takeover" mode if you hold Shift while turning the knob
  • Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
  • Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)

There are some other small changes within the mapping, but those listed above are all of the major changes. This is an initial release of DJTT's new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the VCI-100SE, updates to follow if necessary.

Please use this thread if you believe you found a bug or have questions about the mapping's functionality.

I hope to post a visual layout soon, but for now the text above will have to do. Thanks to everyone for your patience in getting this mapping out and I appreciate everyone's support along the way.

EDIT: In v4.1, a few minor bugs and LED issues were fixed. Also, Shift+the Jog wheel no longer sets Cue Points on the fly. Now, Shift+Jog turn will seek through a track (with scratch on or off).
Tonita Morrisette
Hey guys,

I'm having some issues setting up my VCi100 with the v4.1 klaemo (t2) mapping. Everything seems to work when i use the original 4.1 mapping, but when i tried klaemo's bug fix nothing seems to work. Nothing will happen when i press anything on the vci100 (only thing that changes is the CTRL light starts blinking whenever i press something)

I am running windows 7 (x86), and running firmware 1.4.. I have traktor pro 2.0.1...

Does anyone have any ideas to why the bug fix Isn't working on my computer?
Miguel Kusilek
hello, I have a problem with the new tsi file.
I have 1.4 firmware installed on my vci 100,
traktor pro 2 2.0.3
4.1 tsi file imported
the problem is, I can't use my jog wheel (for scratching for exemple) and my pitch faders doesn't works anymore. they both send data, and work fine under fader fx mode.
i tried the jog wheels and the pitch faders without importing the tsi file, and they both work fine.
i searched the community and saw couple other users having the same problem, but couldn't find the solution to this.
thank you very much for your time.
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by dillinger23
hey there folks!! am loving the new overlay, and loving the new mappings, and REALLY loving my new chroma cap and fadered tricked out vci (black jog plates). I have a question for the experts....

Presently, if i click on a sample deck to load on the fly, it immediately stops play of the source deck. Now i know the S4 does not do this, and i would prefer to kill the volume on the sample decks, load samples on the fly while the deck continues playing, and then introduce samples using volume control.

Should it be doing this, and if so, can anyone tell me how to change the midi mapping or traktor setting to stop it from killing the deck when i load samples from the deck that is playing through master volume and in the mix?

any help greatly appreciated

cheers!
any joy on this question??? how do i stop the track from stopping when i load a loop from it into a sample deck??????
Isela Joray
I have a problem - When i try to scratch the pitch goes totally down and the tracks stop playing. Also when i disable the sratch bending does not work. Altough fast forward using shift does work. I have TP2 and my fimware is on 1.4. Any help ?

Thanks!
Michelle Mcquirk
Hey,

Really appreciate the effort you guys put into making these mapping! But I seem to have run into a bit of an issue regarding the use of this mapping with a Macbook pro.

I have upgraded my vci 100 to FW 1.4 and this mapping was working perfectly on my old windows 7 laptop but I then bought a new Macbook pro and for some reason cant seem to get the mapping to work. When I import the mapping my controller seems to just become unresponsive, as in no features work.

Am I possibly using the wrong version of the mapping? like is there a different version for the mac or does anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
Lizabeth Peight
hey there folks!! am loving the new overlay, and loving the new mappings, and REALLY loving my new chroma cap and fadered tricked out vci (black jog plates). I have a question for the experts....

Presently, if i click on a sample deck to load on the fly, it immediately stops play of the source deck. Now i know the S4 does not do this, and i would prefer to kill the volume on the sample decks, load samples on the fly while the deck continues playing, and then introduce samples using volume control.

Should it be doing this, and if so, can anyone tell me how to change the midi mapping or traktor setting to stop it from killing the deck when i load samples from the deck that is playing through master volume and in the mix?

any help greatly appreciated

cheers!
Rosenda Pinelo
There u go chaps OverlayTP2v2.jpg
Aracely Ishizu
I want a picture to.
Georgene Kiess
yo i cant quite afford the latest layover for the vci 100 tp2. is there a picture of it so i can lay some tape over the previous overlay, please. peace
Velvet Orfanos
Originally Posted by DMaris
Yeah mate , if you want to use V4.1 tsi file for TP2 than you have to upgrade your VCI 100 to 1.4 firmware .
That would be incorrect. I have the v1.3 firmware running the v4 mapping with no issues. it is recommended to run the v1.4 firm, but not required
Rosenda Pinelo
(Doesn't have to be serial either, but it works better than USB to serial)

Yes you are right !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doug Bieling
Doesn't have to be serial either, but it works better than USB to serial
Rosenda Pinelo
No , ive flashed mine with windows 7 and everything fine
Tracee Depaula
Originally Posted by Waterjunkie
Does it have to be xp?
I dont believe it has to be, but im pretty sure I read somewhere that djtt recommends it because they've had the fewest issues with it. I believe you should be good as long as you use a serial-to-serial though.
Lynetta Azam
Originally Posted by Toby Patel
Im right there with ya waterjunkie. where does one find a pc with windows XP and a serial port these days??
Does it have to be xp?
Tracee Depaula
Originally Posted by Waterjunkie
Now I just have to find a windows machine.....
Im right there with ya waterjunkie. where does one find a pc with windows XP and a serial port these days??
Lynetta Azam
Thanks for the quick reply. Now I just have to find a windows machine.....
Rosenda Pinelo
Yeah mate , if you want to use V4.1 tsi file for TP2 than you have to upgrade your VCI 100 to 1.4 firmware .
Lynetta Azam
Been doing some searches but getting conflicting info. I have 1.3 with Traktor Pro. I'm looking to upgrade to Traktor Pro 2 and new v4 mapping. For best results I have gathered in need to do the firmware upgrade to 1.4, is that all I am missing?
Rosenda Pinelo
Give me your email and i will send you that tsi file
Vernell Donker
PLEASE fix the download link in the first post, as it is not working atm!

And, if somebody out there have this file on your computer, it would be really nice of you to upload it

EDIT: Seems like all .tsi files who was added as an attachment DOES NOT WORK!!
Yaeko Mazurik
Is there an alternate link?
Jasmine Flitter
please fix the download link i get a blank page with a broken url I guess ...
Yaeko Mazurik
the download link is not working...
Ammie Deni
which mappings do i need to remove? i use the master volume mapping all the time,
Ami Callaghan
Originally Posted by wrigh_a
i am unable to use the jogwheels as previously to scratch with ? now when i touch the platter the playing tune just stops?
This bug its on new update 4.1 of the mapping, i have the same problem
but in previous version i didnt have any problem, now im using that mapping with
a little modifications, for example take out the master volume, kontrolx1 added...
Its prioritary repair that bug, to use 4.1 mapping correctly.
Ammie Deni
i am unable to use the jogwheels as previously to scratch with ? now when i touch the platter the playing tune just stops?
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by Jimmy586
Well that's not right. Does Sync actually turn on/off when you press the button?
Its wierd isnt it? Never looked into why this happens. You used to be able to press sync twice and you would just get the right bpm then you could manually mix but now it syncs then just reverts back to orig tempo when you press sync the second time.

Is this a software issue or due to the mapping? Is it even worth me trying to fix this on my setup?
Vernon Vanderberg
any word if there is even going to be an overlay? mapping is quite fun, shame my lables still cater to tp1.
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by Thenavigator
Hey there, sorry for the dumb post but have been outta touch for some time. I have not yet added any mapping to my vci 100se for tp2, because quite frankly I'm confused as to which one to use. I had waited for time and just gave up hope to be honest that a mapping would ever be created. As it appears now I have looked at the community again that there is two kinds now. To be honest I have used TP2 about three times, purely because it was difficult to use via the vci 100 se fw 1.4, so turned back to tp1. shame, bought tp2 the day it came out and just looked at it. Nearly a year now and it would be nice to actually use the damn thing. Don't mean to rant but being able to use the vci with tp2 would be cool. Any recommendations would be welcome.

T.P.1.1.7/T.P.2.1.2/VCI 100 SE/Mac Book Pro 15' i7/ and more stuff, cant be bothered mentioning. Its a vci link
Check out my little FAQ about VCI mappings:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=45954
Doug Bieling
Have you got FW 1.4 on your vci?

You can use either of the two traktor pro2 mappings with FW1.4 from the thread. Flashflooders has changed the fader fx functionality slightly, where as the custom one thats been adapted from flashflooders has reverted it back to the way it worked in the past.

take your pick
Georgene Kiess
Hey there, sorry for the dumb post but have been outta touch for some time. I have not yet added any mapping to my vci 100se for tp2, because quite frankly I'm confused as to which one to use. I had waited for time and just gave up hope to be honest that a mapping would ever be created. As it appears now I have looked at the community again that there is two kinds now. To be honest I have used TP2 about three times, purely because it was difficult to use via the vci 100 se fw 1.4, so turned back to tp1. shame, bought tp2 the day it came out and just looked at it. Nearly a year now and it would be nice to actually use the damn thing. Don't mean to rant but being able to use the vci with tp2 would be cool. Any recommendations would be welcome.

T.P.1.1.7/T.P.2.1.2/VCI 100 SE/Mac Book Pro 15' i7/ and more stuff, cant be bothered mentioning. Its a vci link
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by dillinger23
hey good folks I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited about the new overlay finally coming next month!! SO here's a question to ask to Flashflooder and Klaemo, or any one else who can be arsed to answer (olde english expression)

1. Am I ok in believeing that the new overlay will be fine with either of these fantastic mappings, and the text of the overlay won't affect any of the changes that Klaemo has made?

and

2. What are the differences between the two most recent mappings of these two bloody geniuses..?????

I completely understand if no one can be bothered to go into it, but after reading the some 23 pages of this thread, whatever points i believe i've understood some of the points of difference, by the time i get to the end of the thread i'm completely turned around again!!

like i say, this is just hoping someone doesnt mind walking the 'special needs' case through the minefield.

cheers in advance to anyone who can offer some clarity
1. yes, it should be fine with either mapping. no, the overlay doesn't affect any of my changes

2. basically, my mapping reverts back the old FX selection behavior for fader fx mode (press one of the tiny black buttons + headphone cue). which means, you have two seperate effect units for fader FX mode (FX1 for decks A&C, FX2 for decks B&D) instead of only one as in v4.1.
besides that it's exactly the same.

i hope that clears it up
Lizabeth Peight
hey good folks I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited about the new overlay finally coming next month!! SO here's a question to ask to Flashflooder and Klaemo, or any one else who can be arsed to answer (olde english expression)

1. Am I ok in believeing that the new overlay will be fine with either of these fantastic mappings, and the text of the overlay won't affect any of the changes that Klaemo has made?

and

2. What are the differences between the two most recent mappings of these two bloody geniuses..?????

I completely understand if no one can be bothered to go into it, but after reading the some 23 pages of this thread, whatever points i believe i've understood some of the points of difference, by the time i get to the end of the thread i'm completely turned around again!!

like i say, this is just hoping someone doesnt mind walking the 'special needs' case through the minefield.

cheers in advance to anyone who can offer some clarity
Ami Callaghan
Hello, im very funny with your mapping, but i have only
one question, when im beatmatching i can't touch pitch and jogwheel at same time, if your try to make the pitch go to a crazy value.
If u believe this bug is posible to fixed, fixit, its the only big mistake on this mapping, im using your mapping in a pro scene like discos, pub, and special dj events, and i had never any problem. Thanks for all
Dora Gorelik
thanks for that guys, I'm looking forward to using it. I'm new to traktor pro 2. Does anyone know how to print the overlays from this thread so that they will fit my vci 100 properly?
I've printed on a4 which is obvicously too small but my dimensions are wrong even on a3.
is the mapping working perfectly for everyone with 1.4?
thanks
Audria Pechman
Is there a .jpeg that shows the new controls for TP2? The one I have is a copy of the overlay for TP1.
Lorenza Eells
I just imported the file into T2 & it seems to work ok i've had some static pops that occur when loading a track in the opposite deck of whats playing but not all the time . need some time to make a judgement on it & check all settings. thanks to all that post there situations. Peace
Claretha Spinosi
Originally Posted by sno
fw 1.4 only - please take a few minutes to read the thread before posting the same question over and over again

well acutally...it DOES work with 1.3 but you have to relearn the pitch bend and the led's dont work the way they should. everything else works fine for the most part.

if nothing but the LED's are working you seem to have messed something up during hte import process. Make sure you use the BIG IMPORT BUTTON...and import it twice. Then restart traktor and the controller and see if it works.
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by 1djdomo
Is this only for the FW 1.4 VCI? Nothing works when I import this into my traktor pro 2 other than the LED lights...
fw 1.4 only - please take a few minutes to read the thread before posting the same question over and over again

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy