VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2Reply
VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 09.08.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
After long anticipation, the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is here. Please note that this mapping has been designed to utilize Traktor Pro 2 functions and the mapping will not work with earlier Traktor versions.

The core of the mapping shares a lot of similarities to the v3.6.4 VCI-100 mapping; however, there are a number of key changes as follows (I am going to reference things based on the current overlay text):

• The section in the Top Right section of the controller (formerly "Sampler" section) is now the Loop Recorder. The "Sampler" button will Rec the Loop Recorder and then play it afterwards. Pressing the Sampler button again after having recorded will overdub (re-record) the Loop Recorder. Shift+Sampler button will delete the Recorded Loop. The source of the Loop Recorded is not controlled by the mapping and should be set by you (e.g., main, cue, ext, aux).
  • The "Vol" knob controls the Loop Rec Dry/Wet
  • The "Glitch" knob control the Loop Rec Length
  • The "Len" knob controls overall Master Volume
  • The "Loops" section of the "Control FX" section in the upper right side of the VCI is now the "Sample Deck" section which controls Deck D as a Sample Deck.
  • While in the "Sample Deck" section the knobs will control the volume of each four sample slots of Deck D.
  • If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
  • If a sample slot is occupied, the button LED should be lit to indicate this and the button will then mute/unmute the corresponding sample slot.
  • A sample within a Sample slot can be delete by pressing Shift+Sample slot button
  • If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, all of the tempo, pitch bend, scratch, play, cue, eq, filter, loop/2,x2 (alters length of sample), loop 8 (sets sample to original length) and volume controls affect all four sample slots for the corresponding Sample Deck.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, you can utilize "Juggle 1-4" mode to trigger individual Samples within that Sample Deck.
  • All EQ knobs and Gain knobs can now be used in "Soft takeover" mode if you hold Shift while turning the knob
  • Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
  • Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)

There are some other small changes within the mapping, but those listed above are all of the major changes. This is an initial release of DJTT's new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the VCI-100SE, updates to follow if necessary.

Please use this thread if you believe you found a bug or have questions about the mapping's functionality.

I hope to post a visual layout soon, but for now the text above will have to do. Thanks to everyone for your patience in getting this mapping out and I appreciate everyone's support along the way.

EDIT: In v4.1, a few minor bugs and LED issues were fixed. Also, Shift+the Jog wheel no longer sets Cue Points on the fly. Now, Shift+Jog turn will seek through a track (with scratch on or off).
Noe Hesprich
Is this only for the FW 1.4 VCI? Nothing works when I import this into my traktor pro 2 other than the LED lights...
Laquita Cofsky
Big respect for Flashflooder and Klaemo, and anyone else who contributed to the mapping. Donating your time to help keep this thing alive is a pretty noble task in my book.

Cheers fellas
Yuko Armacost
Why isn't this on the official Midi Maps page as a beta? http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/
Dania Harmonson
Originally Posted by Cybertrash
Odd, I use the V4 mapping with a fw 1.3 controller, and I can't get nudging to work with the jogwheels when in scratch mode (scratching however works as intended).
the same happens to me, i can't also move me trough the track, but the effects with the jogwheels are working!
Zetta Radlinger
yes you do have to re-learn that one thing in the mapping really easy tho
Evelyn Navarijo
Originally Posted by djpaulie
yes the jog wheels work perfect , they are not the high resolution tho-neither the pitch faders, thats the 1.4 thing
Odd, I use the V4 mapping with a fw 1.3 controller, and I can't get nudging to work with the jogwheels when in scratch mode (scratching however works as intended).
Zetta Radlinger
yes the jog wheels work perfect , they are not the high resolution tho-neither the pitch faders, thats the 1.4 thing
Dania Harmonson
i believe i read on here someone saying that this does NOT work if you have fw 1.3.... that is INCORRECT it works fine with pro2 on fw1.3, have been using it on mine for the last 3 weeks not one prob. also the pitch faders thing(simply set all the faders in the mapping to 100% and no more problems with reseting the first song and full movement
and the jog wheels are working too?
Lorenza Eells
i believe i read on here someone saying that this does NOT work if you have fw 1.3.... that is INCORRECT it works fine with pro2 on fw1.3, have been using it on mine for the last 3 weeks not one prob. also the pitch faders thing(simply set all the faders in the mapping to 100% and no more problems with reseting the first song and full movement
wow krazy Kewl. are you using any of the previous mappings? if so which one? if ya could. tnx mate HolLaH! >^.^<
Zetta Radlinger
Lorenza Eells
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I was planning/believeing of integrating the old MIDI signals from the VCI-100 fw 1.3 into this mapping but initially did not do so because:

1. The VCI-100 FW 1.4 has a lot of improvements (most importantly in the pitch fader and jog wheel resolution) and I strongly believe that anyone still using a VCI-100 would greatly benefit from these and should upgrade if they want to use a new mapping with an old controller.

2. I did not have access to a VCI with FW older than 1.4 while recreating this mapping from scratch and would not able to test older firmware VCI's for bugs/issues (and some of the issues with older FW were only solved with the FW 1.4 upgrade).

3. Some of the LEDs on FW 1.3 and earlier (mainly the bottom 4 buttons on each deck) will not react to Midi out commands and thus there could be confusion with LED feedback on a FW 1.3 VCI-100.

4. There are stable and popular mappings for FW 1.3 VCI's (the latest being v3.6.4) that also work with FW 1.2 VCI's.

5. I assumed if someone was willing to upgrade to Traktor Pro 2 (which the v4 mapping requires), they would also be willing to upgrade their VCI's firmware to FW 1.4.

Just to let people know, this is by no means a defensive rant, so please don't take it as that. I am simply explaining my reasoning and want people to understand why upgrading to FW 1.4 is worthwhile should you continue to use your VCI-100.

If there is enough demand I am still willing to put the FW 1.3 commands back in this mapping when I have extra time, there will just be a disclaimer that the mapping has been designed and primarily tested using FW 1.4. Thanks guys/gals for understanding!
dude, my bad for venting on the sitchyation. I'm not in the music field, so this is just a hobby for me & enjoy house beats. I work 60/70 hrs a wk & enjoy the zak. i don't gig or nothing. I just wish I wouldn't have spent the xtra cash on 2 if it wasn't compatible w/ my set up. I don't like wasting money & time if it can be avoided especially @ these times. HoLlaH peace
Ji Pursel
Originally Posted by deepconcept1
because i don't have time to do it plus i shouldn't have to pay for it they where selling vci 100se w/ 1.4 fw when i purchased mine
i updated my firmware in the time it took to post this.

i must have gotten a pretty bad deal when my vci came with firmware 1.0
Della Kalender
Hey has anyone had an issue where the led behavior for certain buttons is not working? My faderfx mode button stays green all the time and doesn't indicate if it's enabled or not. This also happens with the blue led for the sync buttons occasionally. Also is the red light next to the fx presets supposed to change? Mine stays on no. 3 all the time. Using 1.4 fw. newest version of tp2 and a mf +x1.

Thanks
Jodi Lacerra
So if you only have fw 1.3 then this tsi really does no good i can't do anything with traktor 2 2.1.1. bummer ( is there anyone working on new mapping or tsi for fw 1.3 non of th pro2 features work cohesively w vci 100 se 1.3 fw. mine must have been the last modl w/1.3 fw sold. i have had my vci for only 15 months. what crap
I was planning/believeing of integrating the old MIDI signals from the VCI-100 fw 1.3 into this mapping but initially did not do so because:

1. The VCI-100 FW 1.4 has a lot of improvements (most importantly in the pitch fader and jog wheel resolution) and I strongly believe that anyone still using a VCI-100 would greatly benefit from these and should upgrade if they want to use a new mapping with an old controller.

2. I did not have access to a VCI with FW older than 1.4 while recreating this mapping from scratch and would not able to test older firmware VCI's for bugs/issues (and some of the issues with older FW were only solved with the FW 1.4 upgrade).

3. Some of the LEDs on FW 1.3 and earlier (mainly the bottom 4 buttons on each deck) will not react to Midi out commands and thus there could be confusion with LED feedback on a FW 1.3 VCI-100.

4. There are stable and popular mappings for FW 1.3 VCI's (the latest being v3.6.4) that also work with FW 1.2 VCI's.

5. I assumed if someone was willing to upgrade to Traktor Pro 2 (which the v4 mapping requires), they would also be willing to upgrade their VCI's firmware to FW 1.4.

Just to let people know, this is by no means a defensive rant, so please don't take it as that. I am simply explaining my reasoning and want people to understand why upgrading to FW 1.4 is worthwhile should you continue to use your VCI-100.

If there is enough demand I am still willing to put the FW 1.3 commands back in this mapping when I have extra time, there will just be a disclaimer that the mapping has been designed and primarily tested using FW 1.4. Thanks guys/gals for understanding!
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by SHUJINCELL
Updated to the latest version of traktor and it does seem to be quite buggy compared to the previous version. That aside, everything seems to be working correctly except my pitch faders. The faders work but once you move em they jump to a high range and wont center unless you hold shift and move the fader. I've noticed this fader behavior with previous mappings and Im beginning to believe that maybe the vci didn't accept the firmware correctly. My pitch faders only worked properly on the first mapping once the firm was reversed engineered and the HD firm was released. Every mapping after that, my pitch faders operated incorrectly.
The pitch faders should work fine with this mapping but at this time require the VCI-100 FW 1.4, which has much better resolution that the pitch faders on FW 1.3 and earlier.

The issue regarding the initial tempo jump is an old Traktor issue (having to do with how the tempo range is set) and unfortunately at this time the only way to get around it is to reset the Tempo on each Pitch fader (Shift+Fader center notch) with a song loaded while you are doing your initial controller setup (i.e., turning all knobs and faders to make sure they are working for your initial check before playing). You only need to do this once after loading Traktor and won't need to do it again. Hope this helps.
Lorenza Eells
Originally Posted by wasapa
http://www.djranking s.com/store/all...mware-kit.html

why have you not upgraded your firmware?
because i don't have time to do it plus i shouldn't have to pay for it they where selling vci 100se w/ 1.4 fw when i purchased mine
Mayra Depasse
Just in case someone in Germany needs a fw upgrade kit, i have one lying around i'm willing to lend to people. I would send it to other countries in europe, too, but I believe the shipping would be too expensive.
Ji Pursel
So if you only have fw 1.3 then this tsi really does no good i can't do anything with traktor 2 2.1.1. bummer ( is there anyone working on new mapping or tsi for fw 1.3 non of th pro2 features work cohesively w vci 100 se 1.3 fw. mine must have been the last modl w/1.3 fw sold. i have had my vci for only 15 months. what crap
http://www.djranking s.com/store/all...mware-kit.html

why have you not upgraded your firmware?
Lorenza Eells
Raymon Goudey
Originally Posted by dual citizen
I'm using this mapping (4.1) with a VCI 100 (FW 1.4) in Traktor Pro 2 (2.1.1) and it's been working perfectly for several weeks.
+1! Loaded it last evening and working awesome.
Thanks Flashflooder.
Thanks Klaemo.
DJTT awesomeness once again.

PS: Would be happy to pay a small amount of coin ($10??) for big upgrades such as this one - especially if it would help to ensure VCI-100's stay on the radar for large updates in the future. I don't believe that DJTT owes me continued support for free forever just because I bought a controller years ago...
Mel Manelski
Originally Posted by dual citizen
I'm using this mapping (4.1) with a VCI 100 (FW 1.4) in Traktor Pro 2 (2.1.1) and it's been working perfectly for several weeks.
word!
Randal Biza
Glynis Mangona
is anyone else having their VCI-100 freeze while using Fader FX?

I just upgraded to Traktor Pro 2 last evening and tried it out with this mapping. I had the same issue before the upgrade and was hoping this would fix it.

Vista
FW 1.4
Traktor Pro 2

Anyone found a fix?
Pasty Erben
Updated to the latest version of traktor and it does seem to be quite buggy compared to the previous version. That aside, everything seems to be working correctly except my pitch faders. The faders work but once you move em they jump to a high range and wont center unless you hold shift and move the fader. I've noticed this fader behavior with previous mappings and Im beginning to believe that maybe the vci didn't accept the firmware correctly. My pitch faders only worked properly on the first mapping once the firm was reversed engineered and the HD firm was released. Every mapping after that, my pitch faders operated incorrectly.
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by Pandaz
My jogwheel can only seek through the track if i hold shift. Is it meant to be like that.
Yes.

Originally Posted by [email protected]
hey im using Klaemo's version because i like being able to apply effects to each deck independently but i believe ive found a bug id like to confirm:
in fader fx mode touching the right jog wheel should immediately engage fx unit 2 for deck b. (touching the platter of the left deck while in fader fx mode, turns on fx unit 1 for deck a)

but touching the platter of the right deck while fader fx mode does not turn on effect unit 2......effect unit 2 is turned on when REMOVING my finger from the platter.

do you get this behavior?

thanks by the way for sharing this version with me!
edit: see two posts above, i just fixed this
Boris Kao
My jogwheel can only seek through the track if i hold shift. Is it meant to be like that.
Mayra Depasse
Yes, Fader FX was changed to use one FX bank instead of two. I totally understand your reasoning for needing two, the change was made mainly to accommodate other FX controllers such as our Midi Fighter. This change made the mappings work together more smoothly. If it is a major issue for you I would use klaemo's change for now. If I have some time in the future, I will try to update klameo's mapping on that with the new changes I made in the updated version. Thanks for your feedback.
Done!

If I didn't miss anything, this should be version 4.1 but with the old 3.6.4 FaderFX behavior.
btw, should I start a seperate thread for my mapping? I believe, it would make it easier to maintain the two versions.

edit:

Originally Posted by [email protected]
hey im using Klaemo's version because i like being able to apply effects to each deck independently but i believe ive found a bug id like to confirm:
in fader fx mode touching the right jog wheel should immediately engage fx unit 2 for deck b. (touching the platter of the left deck while in fader fx mode, turns on fx unit 1 for deck a)

but touching the platter of the right deck while fader fx mode does not turn on effect unit 2......effect unit 2 is turned on when REMOVING my finger from the platter.

I just fixed this, try the new version attached to this post.
that was a really obscure bug, though.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Thanks for your reply Chris.
Breaking the chain is probably not the the best phrase. Basically the presets won't load as expected. Getting an awful combination on the the 4 preset buttons currently. Double big imported countless times now but no success.

The biggest issue for me was time code failing on the right deck, albeit intermittently. Has happened a couple of times at home and once at a gig whereby it refused to calibrate at all. It stayed in waiting despite switching of cables, carts, vinyl etc. No probs in 2.0.3 and according to the community s i'm not the only user with this issue. There are a host of other bugs which wouldn't have been a deal breaker but the time code is.

2.0.3 currently set up on a different user. Desperate for 2.1.2 as the new time code has arrived but will only work from 2.1.1.
Lizabeth Peight
Hey fella, any news on the overlay?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by D-Kem
Hi all,
Been using DJTT VCI maps for some years and never had a problem breaking the chain for fx when importing. Always big import out after new tsi added and double load with big import in. I can't get this fx chain to break whatsoever. Very strange as I had no issue with 4.0. Anyone had a problem? Is there something i'm missing? Have the presets been altered in this mapping? May have to go back to 4.0 and live with the bugs as i can't resolve this. Any suggestions?

I'm using 1.4 fw with Traktor 2.0.3 on Mac. 2.1.1 too broken imo.
Could you please explain what you mean by "breaking the chain for fx when importing"?

Also, I would recommend upgrading to Traktor 2.1.1 as a few users mentioned issues with this mapping on older v2 Traktor Pro software but that was fixed for everyone I've heard back from by upgrading Traktor. I am also curious what bugs you were experiencing with 2.1.1 that made it unusable to the point of downgrading to 2.0.3 if you want to share.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Hi all,
Been using DJTT VCI maps for some years and never had a problem breaking the chain for fx when importing. Always big import out after new tsi added and double load with big import in. I can't get this fx chain to break whatsoever. Very strange as I had no issue with 4.0. Anyone had a problem? Is there something i'm missing? Have the presets been altered in this mapping? May have to go back to 4.0 and live with the bugs as i can't resolve this. Any suggestions?

I'm using 1.4 fw with Traktor 2.0.3 on Mac. 2.1.1 too broken imo.
Jodi Lacerra
People seem to be continually getting confused with whether their VCI-100 is FW 1.4 or an older FW version. Personally, I recommend that everyone upgrades to FW 1.4 as the higher resolution pitch faders and jog wheels have a lot of benefit. Additionally, FW 1.4 fixed a lot of LEDs to allow control via Midi.

However, I will try to add back in the old jog wheel midi commands so people with FW 1.3 can use this new mapping without scratch issues. Not sure exactly when I'll have time to do this but hopefully within a week or so.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by SHUJINCELL
Im having the exact same issue. Loaded up the tsi before a gig and was like "wtf", the platters would not scratch.

My vci shows up as the 1.4 HD firmware inside traktor.
Traktor cannot directly tell you whether your VCI-100 is FW 1.4. I assume you are looking in the Controller Manager and are seeing that I put "[FW 1.4]" in the mapping name. This means that the mapping is designed for FW 1.4, not that your VCI-100 is FW 1.4.

However, there are ways that you can determine whether you have FW 1.4 in Traktor after having this mapping loaded. One way is to move a Pitch fader and see what the minimum bpm increment is. If it is .04 then you should have FW 1.4, if the minimum movement is .16 then you have FW 1.3.
Aprizal Rustarmadi

Chuck Intravia
To date I have not been able to find any patterns to this issue or replicate it myself. If you have any clues as to why this is occurring for you, please let me know.

Yes, Fader FX was changed to use one FX bank instead of two. I totally understand your reasoning for needing two, the change was made mainly to accommodate other FX controllers such as our Midi Fighter. This change made the mappings work together more smoothly. If it is a major issue for you I would use klaemo's change for now. If I have some time in the future, I will try to update klameo's mapping on that with the new changes I made in the updated version. Thanks for your feedback.
For the scratch issue it's alright, not that important now that I'm using the fix, and indeed might be caused by my version of Traktor, since i'm pretty sure about the firmware and mapping importation... Don't need to make it a priority imho
I'm convinced both versions of the mapping should be carried on though, they both work well for different purposes.
As for the midifighter explanation, I figured that out as I checked out some of the MF threads concerning those issues. So well done for that
Thx for the clear explanation.
Pasty Erben
Originally Posted by Pedrotax
I confirm the scratch issue, when scratch is on, you just can't scratch. It stops the track, but impossible to move back and forth. Jog seek works though, good work on that as well as the hotcue tap thingy...
I imported Klaemo's fix on the top of it and it works pretty well though (dunno if it its actually combined or if if it's just the original one...) but I prefered the old fx assignation anyways.

Oh yeah, I wanted to point that out btw, you can't fader fx both track at the same time with the new version, kinda is a problem on big buildups imo.. :eek:
Im having the exact same issue. Loaded up the tsi before a gig and was like "wtf", the platters would not scratch.

My vci shows up as the 1.4 HD firmware inside traktor.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Pedrotax
I confirm the scratch issue, when scratch is on, you just can't scratch. It stops the track, but impossible to move back and forth. Jog seek works though, good work on that as well as the hotcue tap thingy...
I imported Klaemo's fix on the top of it and it works pretty well though (dunno if it its actually combined or if if it's just the original one...) but I prefered the old fx assignation anyways.
Multiple people have mentioned this issue to me but for most people, updating to the latest version of Traktor Pro solved this issue. Some others were not importing the tsi properly and some were not setting their ports correctly. Others also seem to believe they have FW 1.4 when they actually have FW 1.3.

To date I have not been able to find any patterns to this issue or replicate it myself. If you have any clues as to why this is occurring for you, please let me know.

Oh yeah, I wanted to point that out btw, you can't fader fx both track at the same time with the new version, kinda is a problem on big buildups imo.. :eek:
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Koesj
I'm going back to 3.6.4. Playing around with a couple of other people made it all too clear that the v4 mapping isn't for me right now.
Why do you say that?
Chuck Intravia

Oretha Vanduyne
I'm going back to 3.6.4. Playing around with a couple of other people made it all too clear that the v4 mapping isn't for me right now.

On my rig the LEDs on the Loop, Scratch, FaderFX and Juggle buttons kept on burning even though I was switching them on and off multiple times. No fun showing off your digital gear to people used to Vinyl and CDJs when there's still a lot of bugs around (at least with my self-modded -100).

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy