CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 2000 Nexus finally hereReply
CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here
Posted on: 31.08.2012 by Marquetta Sarnie
Carlee Pickard
http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.asp...2000nexus&cp=1
Jonas Hanway
As amazing as they are.. I'm not interested in the slightest.
The price tag will be absolutely ridiculous.
The place where I DJ regularly has just upgraded to CDJ 900's. So they won't be upgrading again anytime soon.
There is absolutely no point for a club to convert from 900's/2000's to the 2000 Nexus. Wifi in a club.. PASS. I'll stick to my wires thanks. And as for using smartphones/tablets, again PASS.
Nancey Inderlied
Wow. That announcement. I'm not really going to say "failure," because they're working with a pretty established platform, and the CDJ-1000 Mk2 was pretty underwhelming too. But my real thought in looking over it is "wow, that's a lot of stuff they added that nobody actually cares about." The 1000 mk2 was similarly disappointing. Maybe my hopes for an awesome new product have been crushed.

Also, is it just me, or did they change the Ethernet terminal format?
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by Invoke
there it is.. pretty bleh tbh.
I disagree, from what I could tell from the video, the looping and slip options look a lot better than what's available in Traktor. I kind of hate pioneer but I want one of these badly after this.... Two, that is; I want two. And a RMX.... Fuck.
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by dingleberry
This is a nicel thing to bring to the club in case the dj sucks

http://www.geekalerts.com/portable-wifi-signal-jammer/
Truth! This has more serious implications too. If I had a lounge or bar with a dead evening I could see getting a couple of these (or even the cheaper ergo or whatever it is) and having a evening where anyone in the crowd can sign up to "DJ" with the music on their phones. Yes the music would mostly suck and there'd be a lot of problems with people playing 128k files or whatever but a lot of people would dig it and it can't be worse sounding than karaoke. You'd still need a DJ standing by to save the day if something goes wrong but I could imagine this being really popular among certain crowds.
Laurel Litchko
an arm, leg and kidney sounds about right though
Kristin Tesfamichael

there it is.. pretty bleh tbh. I mean I believe quantized shit and sync is great and all, but the only thing i can believe of now is how easy it will be for anyone to just hop on these and rock a decent set with out any serious practice or effort.... I know this is mainly a controllerist community where we like to believe there is nothing wrong with syncing and quantizing an entire set. I know there is much more to a DJ set than just beat matching and timing, but that's mainly just because I am a DJ most other people are a lot more easily impressed.... I guess i'm just tired of going to clubs and seeing some kid throw down a shity set, just because there is a sync button on an s4.... at the end of the day matching beats is only the beginning and is never something you really judge in a set (unless it's horrid)

other than that the screen and the cool looping tricks are worth the upgrade, the rest of it is just w/e. sync - probably wont be used too much, unless its for some special effect, just for fear of being judged. wifi - great idea for at home use on the aero, but in clubs will probably only be used for something you DLed last minute before heading out.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Can't really say theres any surprises LOL ... Makes the Aero quite appealing for the house setup if the clubs are gonna have these bad boys as standard.

Now here's the thing, do you only need one Nexus in your setup if you are running the 2k's over Lan ?

Actually wish they had dropped the CD drive altogether TBH and move away from moving internal parts.
Nevada Edgette
Just got the email and watched the video! F**kn amazing! Time to break open the piggy bank!!!
Ming Devis
Haven't seen any prices yet.
Verona Candia
http://pioneerdj.com/english/pressre...p?ent=20120906

WOOO!!!! Finally
Kandra Fagler
how much are they? it would cost an arm, a leg, and a kidney probably
Charmaine Oss
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Damn you beat me to posting it!
Ming Devis
Here you go -

http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/newsroo...xus/index.html
Rosina Steinkuehler
Originally Posted by dingleberry

LMAO that is classic!
Genesis Daversa

Mimi Mahaffee
have not lost my faith yet
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by M.Beijer
Thursday 08.00-09.00 PM CET it will be public.
What i want next is a 2 channel DJM "900 nexus" that will fit into my lil apartment.
only if pioneer decided that's what you want
Mimi Mahaffee
Thursday 08.00-09.00 PM CET it will be public.
What i want next is a 2 channel DJM "900 nexus" that will fit into my lil apartment.
Ossie Pooley
Zoomable wave forms! Woooooo!
Alla Bluemke
Some deeper analysis.

http://djworx.com/pioneers-evolution...t-is-it-video/
Renaldo Chansky
I for one welcome our new robot DJ overloards.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by photojojo
You don't argue with robots, you just unplug them.
They might unplug head from body before you get a chance (using vinyl as a long range weapon!)
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by photojojo
He says.....

From inside The Matrix ...
Leeanna Ayla
Ashanti Andreacchio
Originally Posted by deevey
But what if the Robots insist on that unbeatable tactile feeling of vinyl ... you gonna argue with one
no don't believe I can agrue with robots they'll just give me a strange look and say "I'll be back"
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by dj gullum
they say in 50 years I have my doubhts Vinyl will be the media of choice then
But what if the Robots insist on that unbeatable tactile feeling of vinyl ... you gonna argue with one
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by dj gullum
It's not the media of choice now.
Ashanti Andreacchio
Originally Posted by deevey
We got a few years left before being replaced :P
http://www.geekosystem.com/robot-djs/
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Sync is a matter of fact these days, in a few years it will be something else, probably automix of some kind.
We got a few years left before being replaced :P

http://www.geekosystem.com/robot-djs/
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
..... and sync or at least some kind of phase meter or transient display a la serato. Beat grids in rekordbox suggest a full sync tho, and the master light djworx pointed out supports that hypothesis.
Yeah I believe it will have a sync button.
In fact I believe it will be similar to Denon's Engine software in function: i.e. you can sync using rekordbox and browse on iPad etc..

Sync is a matter of fact these days, in a few years it will be something else, probably automix of some kind.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by souldancer
Moderators, might wanna combine this thread with this one.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=46067
That thread is speculation. This thread is more about the announcement.
Tatum Ansaldo
I'm actually pretty impressed by the rekordbox app. I'd guess this new CDJ will have a proper scrolling waveform since that's in the iPhone app, and sync or at least some kind of phase meter or transient display a la serato. Beat grids in rekordbox suggest a full sync tho, and the master light djworx pointed out supports that hypothesis.
Rolanda Clodfelder
you need a laptop to use recordbox don't you?
Not since last week, iOS or Android phone/tablet works with the Aero, guessing the same will apply here.
Rey Holubar
Crossbreed between a CDJ and the RMX.....possibly?

scamo
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by EquipmentDJCom
liking the sound of this A LOT! pioneer's been on a right releasing mission recently....looks like this one could top them all! taking the industry back from laptops one step at a time...
you need a laptop to use recordbox don't you?
Kristin Tesfamichael
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
CDJ 400's have built in effects.
yeah but I wouldn't consider that close to their "high end" gear. also there is a reason why they cut them off in the cdj 350. it just simply doesn't fit the "Pioneer DJ" work flow.
Carlee Pickard
Some dude from Pioneer (or supposedly from Pioneer) France said it was the 2000 nexus on that YouTube video. However it could be some dude lying.
Judi Sissel
I'll speculate its an add-on hardware unit for full rekordbox functionality (sync, display, buffer, wifi, effects) to eliminate a need for a laptop.

I've always thought that if sync and controllers were going to become more accepted, Pioneer would have to be the ones to release something. If any of my speculations are right, i'd like to see the "blasphemy" or "except it" threads that get created ...
Babette Poppiti
liking the sound of this A LOT! pioneer's been on a right releasing mission recently....looks like this one could top them all! taking the industry back from laptops one step at a time...

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy