CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 2000 Nexus finally hereReply
CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here
Posted on: 31.08.2012 by Marquetta Sarnie
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by Shishdisma
Forgive me if I don't quite believe Pioneer actively shipped out a firmware that flat out doesn't work. Or is this a case of "do something stupid and the deck freezes up?"
Pioneer fucked up. Believe it guy.
Alfredo Tooher
oh believe it, they shipped out bad fw and already admitted they need to fix it, the decks even froze at one of their own booths at BPM. The problem is their engineers are not dj's and they are not properly beta tested so once they are out in the real world with dj's hammering away on them, they see issues occur. I am not sure why you cannot believe this, the same thing happened with the fir 2000mk1, if you need, I have plenty of videos to prove it's a fw issue, same issues using cue points and hot starts on both decks, and tested with friends decks, so I am sure it is not possible that 8 decks are faulty

and it certainly is not a case of "do something wrong and they freeze" unless you consider using a cue points, loops, hot starts and letting an mp3 simply play with MT on, doing something stupid

start watching this video at about 4:00 in, Kissy looks real happy as do we when this happens at gigs:
Nancey Inderlied
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
It's not a case of defective units, it's defective firmware. All units have the same problems and the FW they released on monday didn't fix any of them.

The mods on the Pio community have stated that a new FW is on the way to deal with these issues, hopefully within a couple of weeks.
Forgive me if I don't quite believe Pioneer actively shipped out a firmware that flat out doesn't work. Or is this a case of "do something stupid and the deck freezes up?"
Alfredo Tooher
Why haven't you just sent your defective decks in under warranty yet? Are you really expecting Pioneer to push a firmware update just for defective units?
fullenglishpint, is right, Has nothing to do with a defective deck, it's the firmware that is a mess which is what the engineers have to fix and push, returning the decks and getting replacements wont fix the problem
Tatum Ansaldo
Why haven't you just sent your defective decks in under warranty yet? Are you really expecting Pioneer to push a firmware update just for defective units?
It's not a case of defective units, it's defective firmware. All units have the same problems and the FW they released on monday didn't fix any of them.

The mods on the Pio community have stated that a new FW is on the way to deal with these issues, hopefully within a couple of weeks.
Nancey Inderlied
Originally Posted by brichi
Yes, the bugs are mainly MP3 related, some exist with AAC files also, I am pretty confident they will fix the issue, Just not sure how much longer I am holding out, May just return them once Long Island gets back to normal after the storm we just had, And yes, I am very unhappy, Spent a lot of money on decks I have not been able to use for the last month
Alfredo Tooher
Yes, the bugs are mainly MP3 related, some exist with AAC files also, I am pretty confident they will fix the issue, Just not sure how much longer I am holding out, May just return them once Long Island gets back to normal after the storm we just had, And yes, I am very unhappy, Spent a lot of money on decks I have not been able to use for the last month
Tatum Ansaldo
Yeh, it's got pretty ugly over there. BriChi wrote a huge rant about how they don't listen etc, and he was quite justified. Mine have had freezing issues.
Amira Gotcher
Originally Posted by narrah
A lot of bugs being reported on the pioneer community s, pioneer has already released a firmware update to try to patch it.... lot of guys very unhappy. Ill wait a little while before I invest of 3 of these.
It's only some people who use mp3's that are having a few issues. anyone using Wav or Aiff is totally unaffected.
The firmware update was to fix a few other small things - the next update will fix the mp3 problem.
Yevette Matatall
A lot of bugs being reported on the pioneer community s, pioneer has already released a firmware update to try to patch it.... lot of guys very unhappy. Ill wait a little while before I invest of 3 of these.
Tatum Ansaldo
If anyone's interested, I made a short video demo of how Traktor 2.6 works with the Nexus using HID.

Yevette Matatall
Via the BPM engine in the DJM's FX processor? The same way it's been doing it since the DJM-600, and now with super bonus technology with FX Link on the DJM-2000/900.
granted I havnt read up on ful specs in regards to fx link with DJM2000/900 but again I assume that with current capabiltiys you would have to firstly press master on selected CDJ, then make another selection somewhere on DJM so that midclock knew that this was the selected channel and tempo for midiclock. A little cumbersome and an error can easily be made if this is the case, however if pioneer had already made provision that via fx link that djm automatically recognised which channel was set to MT then that would be awsome and my original post is irrelevent. If they havnt already implemented this then its something I imagine is easily achieviable in a firmware update.
Nancey Inderlied
Im not 100% on this but I couldnt see the midiclock with DJM being effective... 1, I believe latency would be an issue.

2, If for example you had the 3 cdj nxs, and you can choose which one is the master, how does the djm know which is master to route to midiclock.
Via the BPM engine in the DJM's FX processor? The same way it's been doing it since the DJM-600, and now with super bonus technology with FX Link on the DJM-2000/900.
Yevette Matatall
Im not 100% on this but I couldnt see the midiclock with DJM being effective... 1, I believe latency would be an issue.

2, If for example you had the 3 cdj nxs, and you can choose which one is the master, how does the djm know which is master to route to midiclock.
Tari Virdi
Most of the DJMs have a dedicated MIDI clock output...
Shishdisma...Do you Know if I can do that with Denon 1600 or Berhinger DMM4000 ? .....I mean midi clock with Maschine and CDJ/USB plus mixer .....thanks for the help
Nancey Inderlied
please pioneer can we get a midi clock out function for machine / ableton intergration....
Most of the DJMs have a dedicated MIDI clock output...
Yevette Matatall
please pioneer can we get a midi clock out function for machine / ableton intergration....
Tatum Ansaldo
Just popped into decks and had a play with an aero, which can indeed control tracks off a USB stick with the iPhone as a browser. I'd be amazed if the nexus can't do that. The aero can also act as a client on an existing network, so the fact that it has it's own wifi doesn't necessarily mean that that's the only way to work properly with the iPhone.
Rey Holubar
Isn't it strange? Pioneer is trying to be more like Traktor and Traktor is trying to be more like pioneer? The two worlds are coming together......

scamo
Amira Gotcher
Originally Posted by djproben
Just noticed this: http://traktorbible.com/video/ade201...nc-button.aspx - go to 16:15. This is 2011; Pioneer had already announced then that they were going to put a sync button on the Nexus?
Not 'announced' as such but there were test units out in the field as early as last November as someone I know was involved...
Danae Dumler
Just noticed this: http://traktorbible.com/video/ade201...nc-button.aspx - go to 16:15. This is 2011; Pioneer had already announced then that they were going to put a sync button on the Nexus?
Rolanda Clodfelder
[QUOTE=Nicky H;529345]Just seen this - you're wrong.
You can plug USB sticks in and use the iPad app - no computer needed:

Damn, dunno how I missed that, I remember one of the first videos of the ipad integration kept mentioning that engine on the laptop needed to be networked to the ipad.

However - not a waveform in sight even on ipad display is disappointing, something I thought the denon had. It appears that browsing music stored on the ipad itself is not available on Engine or Analyzing tracks which would mean everything has to be prepped on the laptop beforehand?

Not in the mood for manuals right now LOL
Marcelene Bielenda
Yea maybe that was it, i though he was controlling the usb plugged in from his iPhone wireless.
Alfredo Tooher
right, I believe i know the video you're talking about, it's about 20 minutes long but he is loading tracks to a deck from the plugged in device, not from a usb or sd card plugged into the other deck, his music is on the iPhone he has plugged in so thats not really what we are trying to accomplish
Marcelene Bielenda
Hmm, i believe i saw a video with the UK Pio Rep who uses his phone to select songs from the usb plugged in. If it doesn't and the aero does that's a pretty big fail on their part.
Alfredo Tooher
I havent seen any videos showing it, they show you can load from an iphone/ipad/droid to the deck with the music being on that iphone, but none of them show the iphone browsing another drive plugged into a separate deck, We know the Aero can do it and instructions are in the manual but there is nothing in the 2000nexus manual about this and none of the pio reps will answer the question because they dont know and dont have units to test yet according to them. Just cause the aero can do it doesnt mean the 2000 will, the aero has built in wireless, the 2000 doesnt and needs an external wireless router to use such features "if" they exist

Please post a video of someone doing this if you have seen it in action because I certainly have not found one. Thanks
Marcelene Bielenda
There are videos showing this, also the xdj-aero can do it so why wouldnt the 2000's

Originally Posted by brichi
how can you confirm? you have one?
Alfredo Tooher
how can you confirm? you have one?
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by souldancer
So does anyone know if the nexus can do the same with an ipad, control songs that are stored on a different hard-drive....
Yes
Tatum Ansaldo
I hope so. That's a very cool feature.
Shalon Jaranilla
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Just seen this - you're wrong.

So does anyone know if the nexus can do the same with an ipad, control songs that are stored on a different hard-drive. I really love this feature, but i'm afraid that the ipad with nexus can only control the songs that are stored on the i pad. Had this question already asked but nobody seems to have an answer, or i'm just not seeing it.
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by deevey
Sorry, by standalone I had meant to actually run the Engine software you need a full computer running engine connected to them as well not just the iPad and nothing else.

The Ipad needs to be linked to an psyical computer over wireless to run engine though, not standalone.

You can but only so long as you are connected over wireless to the computer - thats its real limitation and something that I despised on first seeing the engine on ipad ... now I would eed to bring 2 computing devices to a gig rather than just an ipad
Just seen this - you're wrong.

Rey Holubar
It is pretty canny how close you got too.

scamo
Romelia Stankard
Lol, check out the picture dolphinmusic is using:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/articl...ltiplayer.html

ahhahahahaha I photoshopped that for april fools and posted it around here and reddit
Shalon Jaranilla
As i remember it, it was xonetecular that made that pic.
Amira Gotcher
Originally Posted by BradCee
sounds about right
to be fair, whoever did it got it pretty close. the big waveform with the track overview below is spot on. also the sync/master function, albeit on the screen.
Babette Poppiti
this is amazing for us - believe of the possibilities when you combine it with rekordbox mobile that was announced just a few weeks ago. organising your tunes on the way to your gig or even when you're in the box with the previous DJ anyone? wi-fi your devices together - and play. boom! for us, the pioneer cdj2000-nexus is next level.
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by DJ Bob
it was an april's fool joke that i believe someone on here created...
sounds about right
Amira Gotcher
That's probably a mock up someone made, a 2000 with a traktor waveform. Stupid mistake, but amusing.
it was an april's fool joke that i believe someone on here created...
Tatum Ansaldo
That's probably a mock up someone made, a 2000 with a traktor waveform. Stupid mistake, but amusing.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy