CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 2000 Nexus finally hereReply
CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here
Posted on: 31.08.2012 by Marquetta Sarnie
Alfredo Tooher
lol,,, wow, i was slow today, that went right over my head, hahahahaaa
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by brichi
they have a beta team for CDJ fw? nice!
I just generally meant that i have purchased CDJ2000 NXS's even with all the bugs and will be trying them out to see if i can find anything that hasn't been mentioned already
Alfredo Tooher
they have a beta team for CDJ fw? nice!
Palma Hanslip
I'm now part of the Beta testing team and to be honest i haven't really had any issues yet.. But i'm not a huge hot cue user, just using them for fun..

Also, anyone used this hub for connecting the CDJs/DJM? I'm using a cheap hub at the moment but it's my works property so only on loan until we need it. I was going to buy this one as my local computer store has it but just wanted to double check.. I'm sure i saw Gav or Pulse use or one similar but just a little more or less ports?

http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/home-solu...desktop-switch
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by DJ Bob
Just use Wav/Aiff - I've not had a single problem in the 6 weeks I've had them. They are great decks.
All the problems seem to relate to MP3's and there's a firmware update out in a week or so to fix this.
I've been running mp3s and still haven't hit the cue problem. Your mileage may vary!
Amira Gotcher
Originally Posted by M.Beijer
Im curious, if you dont use hotcues on the nexuses, can you play without them crashing?
Just use Wav/Aiff - I've not had a single problem in the 6 weeks I've had them. They are great decks.
All the problems seem to relate to MP3's and there's a firmware update out in a week or so to fix this.
Palma Hanslip
Just been on the phone to two stores (one i basically buy 99% of my gear from and another that give out good deals) trying to get the best price. I know this is a bit out there but is there anyone in the UK willing to PM me the deals they grabbed on their CDJ's?
Alfredo Tooher
okay thanks for the video brichi!
soon i will join into the "beta tester team"
lol,, no problem
Mimi Mahaffee
okay thanks for the video brichi!
soon i will join into the "beta tester team"
Felipe Rasper
Cool vid indeed!
Alfredo Tooher
cool video, thanks for sharing
Rey Holubar
This is a cool video that shows some of the possibilities with the new Pioneer gear.

scamo
Alfredo Tooher
yes, but at times (very rarely), when you hit "CUE" to go back, sometimes it takes 2-3 seconds to actually go back to the cue point. Watch what happens at 14 seconds into my video
Mimi Mahaffee
Im curious, if you dont use hotcues on the nexuses, can you play without them crashing?
Alfredo Tooher
thank you, I'm trying so it helps everyone out in the long run
Mimi Mahaffee
Least your doing a good job giving the pioneer engineers feedback brichi!
(read some of yours posts over there)
Alfredo Tooher
im confident too, but December 3rd is my last shot i am giving them, If I find issues, they are going back
Mimi Mahaffee
Placed my order, still feel confident that Pioneer will solve the issues because as mentioned it IS their flagship!
Hope I'll have them before the weekend
Tatum Ansaldo
Woop!
Alfredo Tooher
there is a December 3rd firmware release, let's hope it fixes all
Caleb Demillo
After reading posts on Pioneer community im really having second thoughts about my order.. before reading of all the bugs i was 100% sure.
The question is how fast the bugs will be fixed..
This is their flagship professional product. I suspect quickly!
Mimi Mahaffee
After reading posts on Pioneer community im really having second thoughts about my order.. before reading of all the bugs i was 100% sure.
The question is how fast the bugs will be fixed..
Tatum Ansaldo
It's with both firmware versions and mainly (but not exclusively) with mp3s. I use the hotcues quite a lot and if you tap A a few times to cue up a track in time then hit B it quite often freezes.
Caleb Demillo
Is this with the 1.04 firmware, 1.02, or both? I haven't upgraded mine yet.

So far, for mixing, I haven't had a problem yet. I use basic looping and such.
Alfredo Tooher
Originally Posted by Jay Melis
Lol...

It's not the cdj's fault... It's pioneers new shit-music-let-the-cdj-crash-function! :P
LOL,,, that function works PERFECT!!!
Vada Branyon
Lol...

It's not the cdj's fault... It's pioneers new shit-music-let-the-cdj-crash-function! :P
Alfredo Tooher
hit the pio community s, its bad and acknowledged by pioneer. Out of the 8 purchased between me and local friends, 6 went back, I am the only one so far holding out. They all were freezing like crazy like you can see in my above videos.
Mimi Mahaffee
I'll probably order a pair tomorrow. Is there really so many people that have had problems with them?
Perhaps it's just because internet is much more available now so people hear the same cases over and over again.
The important thing is that it finally gets sorted out..
Evelia Weinsheimer
When they work, they are quite a bit of fun. HOWEVER, there is absolutely no way I would play out with mine. In their current state they are quite unreliable.
Makkins Clifton
Got them. They'll fix it for sure - in time. So don't hesitate buying them!
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Agreed $4000 set of CDJ's shouldn't freeze full stop.
Exactly. Not a good look for the flagship product.
Ming Devis
Agreed $4000 set of CDJ's shouldn't freeze full stop.
Alfredo Tooher
Im not saying there arent bugs in the software (or defective units, as it seems with some of the hot cue issues), but calling the decks "unusable" is just asinine.
BUT THEY ARE!!!!!! If i am using the deck as normal, just loading tracks, set a cue, match up the beats by ear and now I am ready to mix so I simply, AS ANY DJ WOULD, hit cue to go back to my cue point and the deck completely locks up for 3 seconds throwing me off beat, YES, I consider that unusable and a VERY BASIC dj function we ALL do. Again, We dont HAVE to mash the hot starts, thats just to show pioneer how to easily reproduce the issue of the HOT START locking the deck up at times, it's call troubleshooting and helps the engineers fix a random issue thats a big issue, especially on $4000+ worth of decks when again, None of the previous pioneer decks had this issue. You should not be able to easily make a $2000 player freeze, this is why we pay the high cost, for the R&D that goes into them to stop things like this from happening. Of course you can say the decks are usable if all you do is load an mp3, press play and dont touch anything till it's over, but if we wanted to do that, I'd just use iTunes for free

@Shishdisma, Do you own the Nexus decks?

watch the Kissy video below, the deck at about 4:00 in completely locks up on him and he's f'n pissed and the rep has to reboot it, he has 4 decks though so can easily fall to another and keep going but now picture that happening to an average owner of 2 decks and deck 1 is coming close to the end of the song, It would piss off any user, especially as the price tag of. and the best part is, THIS WAS AT PIONEERS OWN BOOTH TO SHOW THE DECKS OFF!

Virtually every single issue with the Nexus players Ive seen so far are either directly caused by user frustration e.g. mashing things or doing something stupid,
All Kissy did was jump to the next track, thats not doing something stupid, and the deck froze

and clearly my video below is doing something stupid too, like simply scratching a little, jumping into a track and then going to switch tracks and the deck needed to be rebooted, I can go on and on if you want, I dj 2-3 jobs every weekend, used all pioneer gear for years with no major issues but these issues are major to the point where import ceremony stuff like dances with parents or whatever, I play the song from iTunes plugged into my mixer to avoid any change of the deck jumping to a random track

heres another just playing a track and it stops completely without me touching anything, then I hit a hot start, it plays and jumps to the end, then I load a new track, no hot starts or anything at 1:35 and the deck freezes and completely flips out, again, I wasnt touching anything it just flipped reversing and forwarding all over, but yup, this is all usable at gigs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykfMftL01-g

heres another where the screen gets completely pixelated and reboots. I will stop after this video (i have plenty more) just to save some embarrassment for Pioneer, although they should already be embarrassed by the lack of customer service we have received complaining about this

Nancey Inderlied
Originally Posted by brichi
yes, I do consider that an unusable deck Shisdisma, you don't?!?!?! Hot starts are a huge feature on CDJ's and I play with them a lot to make different beats and jump to parts of a track to skip drops on some songs, Been doing that since the cdj1000mk1 cme out many many years ago, never once had an issue till the Nexus came out, Right now, I cannot do this. Also the Cue Bug Freeze is a big issue too, hit cue to go back sometimes and the deck locks up for 2-3 seconds before it goes back. Deck loses communication a lot to RB. At times when a track loads and you load the hot starts it just makes a loud digital sounds like it's stuck in a very short loop, the list goes on and on. I cannot get through one party without the deck freezing in some way so again YES, The decks are unusable. I have roughly 15 videos on different issues these decks have, all issues that I can easily reproduce. I am very confident Pioneer will be fixing the issues very soon but it's a month with decks I cannot use, not a happy customer at all. And no, I cannot return them at this point because i sold my MK1 2000's to buy the nexus and if I return the Nexus' now and re-buy the 2000mk1's, it will cost me $500 to go back to decks I already owned, Not fair at all

some issues happen more when you use MP3's with MT on in case anyone has them and is interested in trying to use them
"Using the hot cues" and "mashing them until the RAM buffer overloads" are two completely different things. The latter is what caused the issue.

Virtually every single issue with the Nexus players Ive seen so far are either directly caused by user frustration e.g. mashing things or doing something stupid, or have extremely obvious workarounds or aren't really performance intensive (like the cue bug you described).

Im not saying there arent bugs in the software (or defective units, as it seems with some of the hot cue issues), but calling the decks "unusable" is just asinine.

Besides, there's a difference between: "these players have issues and warrant inconvenience, I, as a customer, demand that these issues be addressed." And the average "report" on the Pioneer community s: "FUCK YOU PIONEER AND YOU SWINDLE MY PLAYERS UNSUABLE FIX THIS SHIT OR I BUY DENON. PIONEER SUPPORT IS SHIT YOU SELL OUT TO MAKE KIDDY TOYS AND PROFIT." One is a constructive complaint, the other is an illiterate foreigner's attempt at venting that just adds excessive tension to the issue. Banging the drum and shouting at Pioneer isnt going to get anything done faster, but actually constructively finding workarounds to the issues and dealing with it can go a long way.
Alfredo Tooher
yes, I do consider that an unusable deck Shisdisma, you don't?!?!?! Hot starts are a huge feature on CDJ's and I play with them a lot to make different beats and jump to parts of a track to skip drops on some songs, Been doing that since the cdj1000mk1 cme out many many years ago, never once had an issue till the Nexus came out, Right now, I cannot do this. Also the Cue Bug Freeze is a big issue too, hit cue to go back sometimes and the deck locks up for 2-3 seconds before it goes back. Deck loses communication a lot to RB. At times when a track loads and you load the hot starts it just makes a loud digital sounds like it's stuck in a very short loop, the list goes on and on. I cannot get through one party without the deck freezing in some way so again YES, The decks are unusable. I have roughly 15 videos on different issues these decks have, all issues that I can easily reproduce. I am very confident Pioneer will be fixing the issues very soon but it's a month with decks I cannot use, not a happy customer at all. And no, I cannot return them at this point because i sold my MK1 2000's to buy the nexus and if I return the Nexus' now and re-buy the 2000mk1's, it will cost me $500 to go back to decks I already owned, Not fair at all

some issues happen more when you use MP3's with MT on in case anyone has them and is interested in trying to use them.

read the Pioneer community s man, it's bad, and keep in mind that the vieo above and some of mine are to show pioneer how easy we can reproduce the issue, it doesnt take mashing them to freeze at times though, I can load a track, call up the hot start, play a track and hit "B" to jump to the spot and most of the times it works but sometimes it will freeze the deck up completely for a reboot OR make the track jump to the end and stop playing, its fun having that happen mid mix or mid song
Nancey Inderlied
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
This is how stupid you have to be:

Is this seriously considered "unusable" or "easy to make freeze?" Why on earth would you ever want to do that, or even need to if you knew it would cause problems? The way CDJ's address RAM for the hot cues by itself makes me nervous about mashing them randomly, let alone with that retarded "overwrite your hot cue routine every time you load a track" mode on.

Is this tied to that stupid auto-load hot cue setting? Or is it just a core issue with the RAM addressing?
Tatum Ansaldo
Hmm. I have confidence that pioneer will fix the problems we're having with a FW update, and I'm not going to be getting rid of mine as others have said they will (at least not yet anyway). I believe the features are great. However, as they are, the problems really are crippling. I had a 2 hour mix sesh earlier today and I had to restart each one at least twice, mostly because of the MP3 hot cue freeze bug.
Tawanna Censullo
So does anyone that actually have these new nexus cdj's recommend buying them? I want all the new features in these cdjs and am buying a djm 900 nexus with them. But if I wont be able to dj with them failing all the time, then for the same price I could get an all white set up with mk1 2000s...
Alfredo Tooher
sad, but true, thats how easy it is to get them to lock up
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Shishdisma
Forgive me if I don't quite believe Pioneer actively shipped out a firmware that flat out doesn't work. Or is this a case of "do something stupid and the deck freezes up?"
This is how stupid you have to be:

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy