CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 2000 Nexus finally hereReply
CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here
Posted on: 31.08.2012 by Marquetta Sarnie
Syreeta Stockam
I honestly don't know when I had this much laughs and fun about a product-release

I've been reading community 's and facebook all day and been smiling and laughing to all "true dj's" complaining to Pioneer for adding the sync-button. "You have ruined DJ-ing!" and "I'll never buy a Pioneer product again!". Oh, c'mon

Fact: The button's there. Deal with it.

A question? Is the sync-using Dj less of a Dj because he/she don't beatmatch by ear? In my opinion no, alltho that spared time could/should be used to something else creative, let it be effects, composition, live-remixing or whatever. And by the way. Beatmatch manually 2 decks + 2 remix-decks in Traktor? Yeah, how many of You do it for whole evening, hours? Or even whole set, one hour? Not many.

Be realistic dudes/dudettes, the buttons there, You don't like, superglue it!

Just my two cent's. And for the record, I'm 42, did beatmatching by ear from 1984. When are You born?
Shalon Jaranilla
Rey Holubar
Maybe a noob question, but what is the Slip Mode?

scamo
Shalon Jaranilla
Emely Metz
Originally Posted by BradCee
and Denon ads feature nipples.... although Laid Back Luke strikes me as a bit of a tit, lol
oh! am i missing something?
Shalon Jaranilla
So, can we control rekordbox true an ipad with the actual music on a seperate harddrive like engine, or do i need the music to be stored on the same ipad where rekordbox is on. I can't seem to find the right info on this. As for easy search with keyboard this is a major issue.

Further what about the wifi do we need a pioneer 900 or can we use a router just with the players. Just sold my old denons and was waiting to see what pioneer would do. Think the current cdj 2000 was a bit slow for huge libraries. Would that be solved with the current player.
Rosina Steinkuehler
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Like Denon's latest players do using their Engine software, which also features an iOS / Android app for browsing over wireless.
And a motorised platter (3900).
And slip mode, in fact all the new CDJ2000 Nexus features.
And they're a third cheaper.

I really wish they could break the Pio stronghold in clubs.

Denon players with A&H mixers is so much better than Pioneers stuff (imo).

edit: Actually the new screen on the CDJ2000 Nexus is pretty fantastic, but thats the only thing better than Denons latest decks (again imo).
Agree'd. Will be interesting to see how the SC-3900's shake out - just received a pair this week.

And yeah that screen on the 2k looks fantastic -- if only Denon....
Bunny Sockel
I'm really excited for the mk2's if only i had $4000+ hanging around
Leeanna Ayla
and Denon ads feature nipples.... although Laid Back Luke strikes me as a bit of a tit, lol
Cira Ditz
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
reading the facebook comments on there is hilarious

"no sense.. I won't stay behind this coz now my freinds may believe I'm using sync button ))).
technics4ever"

hahaha
it's been pretty venomous by some. My fave reading through was this guy who was being massively critical and saying DJs would now be loosing money because of this and the inclusion of Sync and ruining the art of DJing blah blah . I looked at his facebook page and he's got 2000's. But a little bit further down he was selling an Ergo which correct me if I'm wrong has sync on it
Janyce Henningson
lol

the nips
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by DarioJ
If any of my speculations are right, i'd like to see the "blasphemy" or "except it" threads that get created ...
Facebook today must be making you pretty happy then.
Dorcas Bassignani
Like Denon's latest players do using their Engine software, which also features an iOS / Android app for browsing over wireless.

edit: Actually the new screen on the CDJ2000 Nexus is pretty fantastic, but thats the only thing better than Denons latest decks (again imo).
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by GeekGod
As much as this player costs you would believe they would have increased the buffer size so you do not need this "emergency loop mode". IE: they should have pushed the tracks to the players instead of streaming.

Rosina Steinkuehler
As much as this player costs you would believe they would have increased the buffer size so you do not need this "emergency loop mode". IE: they should have pushed the tracks to the players instead of streaming.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
technics4ever
He must not have gotten the memo.
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by LoopCat

"no sense.. I won't stay behind this coz now my freinds may believe I'm using sync button :)))).
technics4ever"

hahaha
Cira Ditz
I'm loving the scrolling waveform too, and believe the slip mode is meaning I def want to get some at some point.

Loved the Kissy Sellout Video the best, but then again he's amazing whatever CDJs he's on

Alfredo Tooher
scrolling waveform is pretty cool, hopefully there are better videos to follow
Johnetta Olewine
man that laidback luke video sucks.

The eats everything one is bit better. But still, not exactly "bowl me over" awe inspiring.

Leeanna Ayla
Changed the title to reflect the release name.
Emely Metz
nice to see, good to hold....but since joining the traditional analog route i'm only enjoying reading these high tech articles
not having a slight interest at all...but if it's good for you, then get them lol
Charise Duphily
plus a mixer = get a mortgage, lol
Seriously. I wonder what profit Pio make on each player sold,
Charmaine Oss
Originally Posted by DJZILCH
how much are they? it would cost an arm, a leg, and a kidney probably
http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/pionee...ia-player.html

"The CDJ-2000nexus is available from late September 2012, at an SRP of 1,899 EUR / 1,599 GBP including VAT."

(http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/newsroom/n...xus/index.html)
Ossie Pooley
I just jizzed in my pants. <3
Dorcas Bassignani
Price is
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by Invoke

there it is.. pretty bleh tbh. I mean I believe quantized shit and sync is great and all, but the only thing i can believe of now is how easy it will be for anyone to just hop on these and rock a decent set with out any serious practice or effort.... I know this is mainly a controllerist community where we like to believe there is nothing wrong with syncing and quantizing an entire set. I know there is much more to a DJ set than just beat matching and timing, but that's mainly just because I am a DJ most other people are a lot more easily impressed.... I guess i'm just tired of going to clubs and seeing some kid throw down a shity set, just because there is a sync button on an s4.... at the end of the day matching beats is only the beginning and is never something you really judge in a set (unless it's horrid)

other than that the screen and the cool looping tricks are worth the upgrade, the rest of it is just w/e. sync - probably wont be used too much, unless its for some special effect, just for fear of being judged. wifi - great idea for at home use on the aero, but in clubs will probably only be used for something you DLed last minute before heading out.
the most bollocks demo vid i've ever seen

WHY U NO USE ZABIELA TO DO DEMO?!
Kellie Myrum
563230_435774323130366_670560635_n.jpg

Like a boss!
Lilliana Perris
Beatsync AFAIK
Arla Seniw
Is the sync feature tempo or beat? Beat sync can restrictive...
Hipolito Scionti
Vids

Makkins Clifton
Pioneer beat me to it. I created a video showing some tips and tricks for the cdj-2000. Most if not all will work on the CDJ-2000 Nexus as well.

Here's a thread for it: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=57643
and here's the video:
Lilliana Perris
Key Detection...LOVELY!

This....might make me want to start using CDJ's again...
Arla Seniw
Price is
Janyce Henningson
Price is
Freida Leash
I believe the direction they are taking is making it more appealing to me as a home dj, I don't have to chunk down $5k all at once, but can start to put together a kit based around traktor a DJM-900 and two X1, then add 2000nexus later after income taxes or something. This player I like better in concept than the last one, and with the improvements to rekordbox, see it as a viable even though super expensive alternative to laptop dj'ing. Somethings I don't care about, wifi being at the top, but still kind of nice to have USB support for mobile devices, most people already have it in the pocket anyways. If they aren't even more stupidly expensive, I can see kind of really wanting two, but may even see what it does to the used price on the previous model.
Shalon Jaranilla
It's not that different as the denon sc2900 expect for the color screen. But people will choose pioneer anyway. The aero is a smart move to get the beginners in their pocket.The whole new range is definitely an attack on the dj software industry. Now we wait and see if pioneer allows the wave forms from traktor on their screen. They only mention hid/mid for dj software but they are not specific.

Does the rekordbox ipad app work as well for songs that are stored not on the ipad like denon engine?
Janyce Henningson
Very underwhelmed, expected something amazing...
Alla Bluemke
To me the only worthwhile upgrades are zoom, slip, and key detection. A little bird mentioned an update to CDJ-2000s not the nexus, in October, possibly include the zoom feature? That would be TITS
Alla Bluemke
Biggest additions IMO are zoomed wave forms, and key detection. Slip mode is a huge plus. Although i'm sure bitching and moaning will come for the sync thing, I honestly don't see many using it unless they are playing 3-4 decks.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy