New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3DReply
New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D
Posted on: 12.09.2011 by Adolf Hit
Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 Change List

Utility Improvements

Minor aesthetic improvements
Fixed issue with firmware update in Windows 8
Added Mavericks support.

Mavericks Note: Please note that because the version number is the same as the old you will need to manually delete the old "Midi Fighter Utility" from your applications directory before running the new installer

Midi Fighter 3D

To ensure greater compatibility between the Midi Fighter 3D & Spectra we have decided to make a few changes to the 3D firmware, this may cause incompatibility with some older mappings, however we have worked with the creators of the most popular mappings to ensure they are updated to remain compatible.

If you have an old mapping that was not updated, or you do not wish to update you can access the old style firmware under the Tools menu in the Midi Fighter Utility software, simply click Tools>Alternate Firmware>Legacy> and select the firmware you where using previously.

The changes are:

1) Pickup detection note changed from CH4 F1 to CH4 F#0

2) LED control method updated to match the Spectra, color information is send on CH3
animation control is sent on CH4.

3) Bank Side Button option is enabled by default. This means the side button notes will
change with bank.

If you have a custom mapping you wish to update you can use the following guide.

MF3D Firmware Change Mappers Guide.pdf
Lillian Woolum
the 4 corner method will not get mf into bootloader mode , and the old updater wont run.. here is a better explanation below

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=36816
Ella Rick
Originally Posted by midifidler

@Willinfluence

I know a bunch of people are going to be bummed about the 10.6 restriction - even I use 10.5, however I just could not get the code compiling with the libraries build for x86/ppc, after a few days lost I realized that it was better to get the application out for the masses - hopefully I can find out what is going wrong soon.

Ill try and get the source code up on source forge either today or tomorrow!
Yeah I understand totally, was a bit disappointed to see it was for 10.6,
I will use the windows updater instead
Adolf Hit
Hey D510N,

Can you please explain your status?

Are you getting it into bootloader mode using the four corner method?

@Willinfluence

I know a bunch of people are going to be bummed about the 10.6 restriction - even I use 10.5, however I just could not get the code compiling with the libraries build for x86/ppc, after a few days lost I realized that it was better to get the application out for the masses - hopefully I can find out what is going wrong soon.

Ill try and get the source code up on source forge either today or tomorrow!
Tynisha Teeman
New installer for Mac is up.
Let me know if this fixes it - I included the Qt frameworks for the launcher so download time will be a bit longer.
Utility is working now. I'm glad the option for flashing a custom firmware is still there. Now I just need to wait for the new source code to be posted
Ella Rick
Oh the Mac updater is for 10.6 or higher!....damn!
I use 10.5.8 so the updater is no good for me

Oh well just have to use the windows version of the updater on my friends
Computer...that's handy
Lillian Woolum
I'm held up at "putting midifighter into bootloader mode..."

mac osx
Adolf Hit
Hey Crooked,

Now it is installed it should pop up with a message saying "Incompatible Midi Fighter"

You then go through the manual process 1 more time, and after that the four corner button method is a thing of the past.

The fact that your midi fighter has 1 led on solid means that the USB connection is not initializing - this is unrelated to the Utility.

Do you get this problem if the utility is not running and you connect the MF?
Vernon Espino
already done, love djtech tools. your work ethic is fantastic!
devozz baby
exelent!
Hanna Ridenbaugh
great stuff

Just a note - Our server has been having issues today - if you experience download or connection related issues please try again later.
yeah I realised how addicted I am to this community and community when i could not bring up djtt and got quite frustrated lol

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy