New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3DReply
New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D
Posted on: 12.09.2011 by Adolf Hit
Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 Change List

Utility Improvements

Minor aesthetic improvements
Fixed issue with firmware update in Windows 8
Added Mavericks support.

Mavericks Note: Please note that because the version number is the same as the old you will need to manually delete the old "Midi Fighter Utility" from your applications directory before running the new installer

Midi Fighter 3D

To ensure greater compatibility between the Midi Fighter 3D & Spectra we have decided to make a few changes to the 3D firmware, this may cause incompatibility with some older mappings, however we have worked with the creators of the most popular mappings to ensure they are updated to remain compatible.

If you have an old mapping that was not updated, or you do not wish to update you can access the old style firmware under the Tools menu in the Midi Fighter Utility software, simply click Tools>Alternate Firmware>Legacy> and select the firmware you where using previously.

The changes are:

1) Pickup detection note changed from CH4 F1 to CH4 F#0

2) LED control method updated to match the Spectra, color information is send on CH3
animation control is sent on CH4.

3) Bank Side Button option is enabled by default. This means the side button notes will
change with bank.

If you have a custom mapping you wish to update you can use the following guide.

MF3D Firmware Change Mappers Guide.pdf
Cassy Lachnit
Sometimes the audio drivers get messed up. So delete it and plug it back in and hey presto your midi fighter is back.

So if your using a mac go to applications / utilities / audio MIDI set up - midi window doesn't always show so if thats the case go to the window menu and click show midi window

delete midi fighter driver - dont worry if you delete the driver it will reinstall when you plug the usb back in.

That fixed mine hope this helps
Kymberly Heiden
I have the same problem. MF is plugged in, but not detected. It was working last evening though, went through the whole update process, but now nothing. No light on, but they light up when pushed. Read through this thread, can't find anything on this. OS X 10.6.8.

Thanks,

Aaron.
Cassy Lachnit
I have my midi fighter (cue master) connected but the updater doesn't recognise my midi fighter, says "No Midi fighter connected" connect a single midi fighter. Also recently havent been able to see my midi fighter on in-port section of controller manager tsp2.

yes checked usb cable

no joy

any ideas?
Ike Wisher
midi fighter will not enter bootload mode. anyone know anything? i have a mac pro 10.6 trying to connect midi fighter to traktor and s4 set up........ anything will help lemme know!
Russel Cuttle
Did anyone ever figure out why the utility doesn't like to work on some Macs, even with 10.6.8? I've got xcode and all the other extra stuff installed, but none of that made a difference!
Danae Dumler
Ahhhh I did get the email and didn't read it through; I'm looking at it now. Will PM for the old file for now; thanks!

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey DJ Proben,

Did you not get my email?

We will have new firmware soon which enables the rotation option.

In the mean time PM me if you want the old XX firmware file.

I will try and put up a simple tutorial on what string needs to be changed in the code to build your own PID, its pretty easy...
Adolf Hit
Hey DJ Proben,

Did you not get my email?

We will have new firmware soon which enables the rotation option.

In the mean time PM me if you want the old XX firmware file.

I will try and put up a simple tutorial on what string needs to be changed in the code to build your own PID, its pretty easy...
Danae Dumler
Ugh ... spoke too soon (again). Update worked great except now everything is rotated by 90 degrees. I changed the button rotation in the screen that comes up to 90 degrees and clicked "send to midifighter" to no avail -- the buttons are the same, set up for the Cue Master but not the XX Fader. I tried 270 degrees as well; same result - the button rotation option seems to have no effect whatsoever on the midifighter.
Danae Dumler
Just tried the utility on my MF Pro (XX Fader) and it fails to update the firmware. Seems to be hanging up on Bootloader mode when I give it the four-finger salute. OS X 10.6.8; tried with two different computers. Below is the log:

Contacting DJTechTools...
Downloading HEX file
Download success
Putting Midifighter into bootloader mode...
Flashing the Midifighter...
Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloader mode.
Cleaning up...

=-=-=-
Never mind I was able to figure it out; something wrong with the USB cable. Worked fine before but it wouldn't work with the four-finger salute. Never got to bootloader mode and never got the staggered light display. Tried it with another cable and it worked fine. Is it possible the cable is too long for getting into bootloader mode? (It was the one that came with my XX Fader; long cable with the handy right angle bend on the connector).
Danae Dumler
I hear you on that Tyfurious.

Unfortunately that parameter is programmed into it as part of the flashing process. So we would have to recompile the code with your new name string every time you click update - this is just not practical.

I do want to have a solution for people who use more than one of the same type of midi fighter, in the mean time if this is really a big problem for you pm me and I can do a custom build for you
Any chance you could post instructions on where to change the code for those who don't mind getting their hands dirty? I tried this with the old Midi fighter code (on a classic midifighter) with no luck just by looking for the most obvious place to change the name. It sort of worked -- the name was clearly changed if I looked at it with something other than traktor (Audio Midi) but Traktor had no idea and still saw the same name.
Adolf Hit
I hear you on that Tyfurious.

Unfortunately that parameter is programmed into it as part of the flashing process. So we would have to recompile the code with your new name string every time you click update - this is just not practical.

I do want to have a solution for people who use more than one of the same type of midi fighter, in the mean time if this is really a big problem for you pm me and I can do a custom build for you
Gilma Marchini
Loving the app, but if one of the parameters to be able to edit was the Midifigher's name that would be amazing, that way Traktor can autodetect which midifighter gets which mapping.
Russel Cuttle
I'm having trouble running the utility on a first-gen Intel MacBook running OSX 10.6.8.
Kimberlee Bosel
Is any one else having this problem with 10.6.8?
yep midifidler, im getting the same issue too. been getting the problem with the old app also. running the first generation macbook pro
Adolf Hit
Heya Jdcasas,

I actually built the Mac version on our video editing machine running 10.6.8, so I'm really not sure why you are having this issue.

Is any one else having this problem with 10.6.8?
Ciera Rieber
Sorry, one more thing, I submitted the issue to Support but, I initially tried to update running the Mac version at home, i have 10.6.8, my error message said I couldn't run the utility on this mac (macbook pro, 32 bit)...

Thanks,

JC
Ciera Rieber
OK, a bit cumbersome but it worked, i'm updated now!! My log is below...

One last question, do I need 4 banks mode enabled for Ean's "instant gratification" mapping?

Thanks for your help & patience...

------------------
Downloading HEX file
Download success
RtMidiOut::sendMessage: error preparing sysex header.
Midifighter erased.
Midifighter flashed.
Preparing to reset...
Resetting Midifighter...
Midifighter reset.
Flash programming complete.
Cleaning up...
Failed to release USB interface: entity not found
Success!
-------------------------------
Adolf Hit
That covers everything
Ciera Rieber
Do i need to undo what I was told to do on page 3 or will this patch cover everything?

JC
Cheryll Winquist
Thanks for the quick response with the patch!
Adolf Hit
For those having issue with "Failed to find MidiFighter in Bootloader Mode" while using the Midi Fighter Utility.

I've looked into this and it is having issues with the DFU driver installation.

Ill fix the installer over the next few days however for those who want it NOW I have prepared the following document detailing how to fix this.

Windows 7 DFU Driver Fix
Kimberly Lewark
Just to confirm: this happens after it prompts you to manually put your Midifighter into bootloader mode? After you choose your Midifighter model from the drop down list?

Can you put the Midifighter into bootloader mode using the four corner method and then check the Device Manager (in control panel). Do you see "Atmel USB Devices"?
If not, do you see anything with a little warning icon (I don't remember if its red or yellow)? If so, what?
Ciera Rieber
Followed your steps... error again.

---------------------------
Downloading HEX file
Download success
Cleaning up...

-----------------------

weird, the checkerboard pattern is there, just not updating...

JC
Ciera Rieber
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
Daphne Mordaunt
Can everyone who is having the "error creating sysex" message please post their specific version of windows 7 being used?
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
Ciera Rieber
I did that multiple times this morning, held the 4 corners down til the snake pattern stopped & checkerboard appeared, then clicked ok, got error message though...

JC
Adolf Hit
Hey guys,

Scratch that - I believe your problem is that your are maybe not getting the device in firmware update mode before clicking 'OK' at the screen which instructs you to hold down the four corner buttons.

You need to hold the four corner buttons until you get a 'checker board' pattern on the led'.

In this state ever other led is on, like so.

* - * -
* - * -
- * _ *

Once you see this pattern you can let go of the buttons and push ok.

Let me know if this was your problem.
Adolf Hit
Can everyone who is having the "error creating sysex" message please post their specific version of windows 7 being used?
Ciera Rieber
I get the same error message as Barroll Roll when using the updater on Windows 7...

----------------------------

Downloading HEX file
Download success
Cleaning up...

what do I do now?

Thanks,

JC
Ella Rick
I'm happy with my set up TSP2 runs great,
also I'm not wanting to pay to upgrade my os just to run the MF utility
Marisa Nakamura
Originally Posted by willinfluence
Oh the Mac updater is for 10.6 or higher!....damn!
I use 10.5.8 so the updater is no good for me

Oh well just have to use the windows version of the updater on my friends
Computer...that's handy
wait why dont u just update your mac?
Daphne Mordaunt
Originally Posted by Barroll Roll
Got this error message when I tried to import my new midifighter on my Windows 7 PC.

Was I suppossed to download/install something before trying the midifighter utility?
Getting that same problem

Downloading HEX file
Download success
Cleaning up...
Kimberly Lewark
Hrm, that should work...
Ciera Rieber
Kimberly Lewark
What version of OS X are you using?
Ciera Rieber
... when I try to run the utility I get an error saying "you cant open the application mf_config_launcher because it is not supported on this kind of mac"

How can I update the firmware on my MF Classic without the utility? Needs an update...

Thanks,

JC
Cheryll Winquist
Got this error message when I tried to import my new midifighter on my Windows 7 PC.

Downloading HEX file
Download success
Cleaning up...
Was I suppossed to download/install something before trying the midifighter utility?
devozz baby
Hey Other1.

Our server has been crashing a lot lately please try again!
ok, was just wondering as i have been trying like every hour since the updater came out, just makin shure there was no problems exept 4 the server downs

thx for all the amazing work you guys are doing
Adolf Hit
Hey Other1.

Our server has been crashing a lot lately please try again!
devozz baby
log still says
Error downloading http://www.djranking s.com/mf_firmware/latest.txt - server replied: Not Found

and should i say im updating a superknob? on win 7

and if im dropping that url in chrome i get a

Oh no! You're looking for something which just isn't here!

any ideas?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy