New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3DReply
New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D
Posted on: 12.09.2011 by Adolf Hit
Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 Change List

Utility Improvements

Minor aesthetic improvements
Fixed issue with firmware update in Windows 8
Added Mavericks support.

Mavericks Note: Please note that because the version number is the same as the old you will need to manually delete the old "Midi Fighter Utility" from your applications directory before running the new installer

Midi Fighter 3D

To ensure greater compatibility between the Midi Fighter 3D & Spectra we have decided to make a few changes to the 3D firmware, this may cause incompatibility with some older mappings, however we have worked with the creators of the most popular mappings to ensure they are updated to remain compatible.

If you have an old mapping that was not updated, or you do not wish to update you can access the old style firmware under the Tools menu in the Midi Fighter Utility software, simply click Tools>Alternate Firmware>Legacy> and select the firmware you where using previously.

The changes are:

1) Pickup detection note changed from CH4 F1 to CH4 F#0

2) LED control method updated to match the Spectra, color information is send on CH3
animation control is sent on CH4.

3) Bank Side Button option is enabled by default. This means the side button notes will
change with bank.

If you have a custom mapping you wish to update you can use the following guide.

MF3D Firmware Change Mappers Guide.pdf
Alexia Santamarina
window 7 - 64 bit - did not know that differentiation...
Adolf Hit
Ok - You are getting a bit confused between the "Driver" which is what you OS uses to talk with the hardware and the 'firmware" which is the code which runs on the device itself.

What OS are you using?
Alexia Santamarina
When attempting to connect again, windows states the device has malfunctioned. When I click the details and go to update driver, it searches and states that it currently has the best driver...

The 2nd LED remains on and buttons are unresponsive unless I use the 4-button method...

hope this helps
Alexia Santamarina
Sorry about that...the firmware is up to date according to the device manager. I believe that was one of the steps in the .PDF... I can't get the utility to give me anything...it doesn't specifically say "cannot detect" it just goes unchanged...

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hi Jayk

Im confused, you say that it does not detect a midifighter, but that the utility also says the midi fighter firmware is up to date?
Adolf Hit
Hi Jayk

Im confused, you say that it does not detect a midifighter, but that the utility also says the midi fighter firmware is up to date?
Alexia Santamarina
I have the MF Utility for updating my Classic on Win 7 -64 bit. I have tried the .PDF fix file to no avail, various settings within the utility, in device manager and the 4 button checkerboard, connected and unconnected in what seems every conceivable order/sequence. The MF MF Utility goes unchanged at "please connect a single midifighter" screen. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the utility - my classic lights up and goes into the checkerboard when I use the corners, firmware is up to date (according to the window). Unsure where to go from here...

Please advise, missing my MF MF.
Laurine Degryse
nevermind a little clicking around and I see it now. duh
Laurine Degryse
"Once you update the firmware of your Midi Fighter you will now be able to switch between Once you update the firmware of your Midi Fighter you will now be able to switch between two "Software Modes", "Traktor" is the default and has no new functionality, "Ableton" removes end notes from the faders, and also adds CC's to the arcade buttons allowing instant on effect functionality.
removes end notes from the faders, and also adds CC's to the arcade buttons allowing instant on effect functionality.

so where is the place to "switch between" on the utility I have nothing that says anything about switching modes or traktor or ablton, just one screen showing im up to date on firmware that I just updated and settings with a bunch of tech stuff I dont really care about. Im simply looking for what they say is "simple" in switching between modes.
Megan Sabie
in my case it worked perfect!
thx a lot!!!
Ana Miglino
Getting closer.. I was able to download the windows version but after installing I run it and get "The application was unable to start correctly" (Win7 64bit). It gives that error whether the MF is plugged in or not. Tried several uninstall/reinstalls but no luck. On the OSX side, that was my bad. I just noticed you list version 10.6 and up. Been meaning to upgrade so I ordered it today
Adolf Hit
Originally Posted by punkgecko
Still getting the same errors on both versions
Sorry - my bad I corrupted the link after my initial download test last evening - windows is now available, what version number are you using on OSX if you are still getting the failed to create chip definition? The version number is displayed on the window title bar.
Vada Branyon
The update worked on 10.7.3 .

Thank you so much!
Megan Sabie
version for os is ready for download but not the pc version!
same error for me...
Ana Miglino
Still getting the same errors on both versions
Adolf Hit
Hi Guys - An updated version for PC & OSX (1.3) has been uploaded.
Punkgecko - you probably tried to DL when I was uploading the new files.
Any other problems let me know!
Ana Miglino
Windows version giving a 404 not found error :/

edit: and mac version quits unexpectedly when midi fighter is plugged in. It runs but says "plug in single midi fighter" if not plugged in, when plugged in it crashes.
Megan Sabie
Thanks for this quick response and reaction!
Adolf Hit
For people experiencing the "Failed to create a chip definition" issue.

I've tracked this bug down to people with very early versions of the Classic and Pro firmware. Ill have an update to fix this issue within 48 hours.

Hold tight!
Megan Sabie
hey guys...

if i try to update the firmaware the utility says that my version is inappropriate.
so i tried it several times, even installed it on my own, with the pdf-post-guide but it didn't work.
what else should i try?

Unbenannt.JPG

i use windows 7 home premium 64-bit.
Adolf Hit
Hi Johnny,

Re-download the installer and re-install it. There was a bug affecting some versions of OSX which is now resolved.
Eileen Hincher
After updating I get a message that says the following,

'Incompatible Midifighter

A Midifighter has been detected, but does not have firmware which is compatible with this tool'

And then a select your model/click to update/etc.

I clicked the midifighter classic (the model i have/am trying to update)

and it brought me into bootloader mode and reloaded the firmware.

Any ideas as to why it says that it's incompatible?
Meg Reinoehl
The new firmware looks amazing! I'm happy to see the "new" 4banks mode that's available for the MIDI Fighter Pro.
Vada Branyon
Hey

Just bought a second hand midi fighter. I try to run the app for the new driver. Here's is the log. Tried it on 2 macs with 10.7.3

Can you help me out?

Contacting DJTechTools...
Downloading HEX file
Download success
Putting Midifighter into bootloader mode...
Flashing the Midifighter...
Failed to create an chip definition: error -1
Cleaning up...
Una Barbarossa
Thanks bro I just shot you an email ,can't more info from anyone else making the start to finish process on importing and setting up mapping for the mfp to Mac book for serato sl3 is much appreciated
Felix Fleet
Hi david,

I don't believe it matters which mfp you have, ( I believe they all come with 4 mappings once you import the .tsi file.) so you import which ever one you want corrosponding to your mfp (focus, deck spicific ect) then based on which deck or decks you want it to control that's how you configure it in the pref panel under te controller manager tab. Then if you want to add any additional mappings you simply hit the ADD button and repeat the process. The only thing is under IN and OUT ports you need to specify which controller you want to assign each mapping to.

Then of course you set up your sound card to the mixer and your good to go.

Hope that helps if you have any questions email me at [email protected]
Una Barbarossa
Ok so Im watching the vid, reading the community , I'm seeing this post that one etc, is there just one set of guidelines for start to finish setting up the midi pro from step one importing etc c, to mapping . I don't completely understand the 4 banks mode the mfp needs to be in . I have SL3 and a Mac pro Im using.

Any clear info is much appreciated
Marcella Ruesink
have you tried a hard re-set???

contact DJTT help... there pretty good at getting things back on track...
Felix Fleet
hey guys, my midifighter pro is suddenly when plugged in, displaying one solid led on. it will not go off, and i have lost functionality in the entire bottom row.
(the light that is on is associated with bottom left button.) i have tried different cables and usb hubs. dont know what is going on. PLEASE HELP!
Tashia Mcdunn
Originally Posted by jimbrowski00
Four corners does nothing... it snakes, after that the four corners (which i'm still holding down) are illuminated and nothing else.

so no worky
So yeah... my midifighter will still not enter the bootloader mode after powering it on, I just tried a powered usb hub and still nothing.

Also the MF Utility starts then immediately disappears and appears to not be running at all...

I'm trying to get my midifighter into four banks mode, any help would be appreciated!
Tashia Mcdunn
Originally Posted by DavidT
Four corners then load the utility.
Four corners does nothing... it snakes, after that the four corners (which i'm still holding down) are illuminated and nothing else.

so no worky
Mckenzie Deshmukh
Four corners then load the utility.

Originally Posted by jimbrowski00
pressing the 4 buttons does not get me into bootloader checkerboard mode... also the utility starts and almost immediately disappears and looks like its not running at all.

Win 7 64 bit

Can anyone asist with this?
Tashia Mcdunn
pressing the 4 buttons does not get me into bootloader checkerboard mode... also the utility starts and almost immediately disappears and looks like its not running at all.

Win 7 64 bit

Can anyone asist with this?
Mckenzie Deshmukh
You mean to switch banks? I don't see why not. That would make more sense than using up four buttons imo.

Originally Posted by gee hgt
hi there,
i was wondering if there would be a easy way to change midi-channels with some knob or buttons from the digital inputs?
anybody doing this?
Julius Gannuscio
hi there,
i was wondering if there would be a easy way to change midi-channels with some knob or buttons from the digital inputs?
anybody doing this?
Marcella Ruesink
nice one..!!

glad ya got a fix
Mckenzie Deshmukh
Windows 7. Run as administrator and crashes.

"The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b."

Following this article did the trick:
http://www.djranking s.com/mf_utilit...iver%20Fix.pdf

I was then able to change to four banks internal mode.
Marcella Ruesink
Hey John,

you need 10.6.8 at least to get it going..!!

i updated my OSX from 10.5.8 to 10.6.8
i was then able to use the utility ..
with some tweaks @ tips from the DJTT ninja's...
mine is all working...

go the OSX update before you do anything else

cheers
BB
Eileen Hincher
does not work at all in 10.6.7
opens and crashes immediately.
that is all.
Marcella Ruesink
Hey Guys..

trying to up date my midi fighter classic

running 10.6.8
had to go out and buy a OSX update to try this....

followed the steps all good

did the ol 4 fingers... as requested....
its up and running...

Contacting DJTechTools... .. tick
Downloading HEX file ... .. tick
Download success.. .. tick
Putting Midifighter into bootloader mode... waiting ..waiting ..!!!

then ..it just hangs this is as far as it get...

tried 9-10 times.. same thing...
any clues..?????

anyone please???

cheers
BB
Kymberly Heiden
arthomas,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Did what you suggested but there was no mf driver to be found. So I plugged it in and got the solid light on meaning there was no midi right? So I unplugged and replugged, no solid light but still not being detected either by the midi window or the mf utility. An interesting thing happened here though. When I pressed a button on the mf the midi window would crash...

*Sigh* I feel dumb. Didn't scroll to the right to find & delete the drivers. Wil delete and try again.

Thanks,

Aaron.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy