New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3DReply
New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D
Posted on: 12.09.2011 by Adolf Hit
Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 Change List

Utility Improvements

Minor aesthetic improvements
Fixed issue with firmware update in Windows 8
Added Mavericks support.

Mavericks Note: Please note that because the version number is the same as the old you will need to manually delete the old "Midi Fighter Utility" from your applications directory before running the new installer

Midi Fighter 3D

To ensure greater compatibility between the Midi Fighter 3D & Spectra we have decided to make a few changes to the 3D firmware, this may cause incompatibility with some older mappings, however we have worked with the creators of the most popular mappings to ensure they are updated to remain compatible.

If you have an old mapping that was not updated, or you do not wish to update you can access the old style firmware under the Tools menu in the Midi Fighter Utility software, simply click Tools>Alternate Firmware>Legacy> and select the firmware you where using previously.

The changes are:

1) Pickup detection note changed from CH4 F1 to CH4 F#0

2) LED control method updated to match the Spectra, color information is send on CH3
animation control is sent on CH4.

3) Bank Side Button option is enabled by default. This means the side button notes will
change with bank.

If you have a custom mapping you wish to update you can use the following guide.

MF3D Firmware Change Mappers Guide.pdf
Adolf Hit
Hey Pioneer Project,

Yeah - I'm bummed as well it would have been a really cool feature to add across the entire line.

NI have stated publicly that they intend to add MIDI support to the remix decks at some point in the future, personally I have no idea of when this will be and exactly how complete the functionality will be, however asides from some of the pretty colors etc I would expect all features would be accessible via MIDI
Lashonda Corris
I am going off topic here to the thread did NI say that they were going to open the rexix deck to map to other controllers and if so
is it HID or MIDI???

just as DJTT is in the loop as it were...
Lashonda Corris
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey Pionner Project,

Unfortunately there is simply not enough memory on the microcontrollers used in the Classic/Pro to add the HID functionality. Im sorry that we cant follow through on our initial commitment to add support to the Classic & Pro, I would if it was possible!
a little part of me just died

you may want to post on the main sight to let the punters know...
Adolf Hit
@DubuluW

Your description is a little confusing, in your original post you say.

However, whenever i start up the utility now i receive a blank Utility, with a box asking me to update the firmware
however in your next post you say

At the start up when its ask's if i want to update, it starts downloading the new utility,
You should start by ensuring you have the latest utility (2.1) installed.

Once this is successfully installed it will no longer ask you to update your utility.

The simplest way to do this is to go to your applications directory and delete the "Midi Fighter Utility" folder.

Then download and install the latest version here

Midi_Fighter_Utility_OSX.pkg

You then need to upgrade the firmware on the device to make it compatible with the new utility, when you connect the midi fighter with the utility running you should now get a "Incompatible Midi Fighter" screen, select the Midi Fighter 3D from the drop down box and click update firmware, you will be taken through a couple of steps then it will say "Warning: Do not use a USB hub", click yes to continue and it should now update your device.

I hope this helps
devozz baby
Hey Pionner Project,

Unfortunately there is simply not enough memory on the microcontrollers used in the Classic/Pro to add the HID functionality. Im sorry that we cant follow through on our initial commitment to add support to the Classic & Pro, I would if it was possible!
Ok, not even to get just the hidnotes on one layer on a MFPRO? like permanent on layer "d" no need to switch or any midi/hid combo, just so that the already loaded remix deck can be triggerd ?
Lillia Datson
Heres the log. And the version is 2.0. At the start up when its ask's if i want to update, it starts downloading the new utility, yet when i click update on the blank Utility screen i get the error message.

Scanning
SEND: f0 7e 7f 06 01 f7
SEND: f0 7e 7f 06 01 f7
RECV: f0 7e 7f 06 02 00 01 79 03 00 01 00 20 12 08 09 f7
RECV: f0 7e 7f 06 02 00 01 79 03 00 01 00 20 12 08 09 f7
SEND: f0 00 01 79 02 00 f7
SEND: f0 00 01 79 02 00 f7
checking latest version
RECV: f0 00 01 79 02 01 00 03 01 7f 03 01 07 00 08 01 0a 07 0b 01 0c 0f 0d 01 0e 1e 0f 7f 10 46 11 3c 12 0c 13 7f 14 01 15 40 16 3c f7
RECV: f0 00 01 79 02 01 00 03 01 7f 03 01 07 00 08 01 0a 07 0b 01 0c 0f 0d 01 0e 1e 0f 7f 10 46 11 3c 12 0c 13 7f 14 01 15 40 16 3c f7
finished downloading
Contacting DJTechTools...
Downloading HEX file
Download success
Putting Midifighter into bootloader mode...
SEND: f0 00 01 79 03 01 f7
SEND: f0 00 01 79 03 01 f7
Flashing the Midifighter...
Failed to create an chip definition: error -1
Cleaning up...
Adolf Hit
Hi DubluW,

Can you please post the log file ? You can find this under the tools menu.
Also what is the version number of the utility you have installed?
Lillia Datson
Ive having some problems with the new utility. Ive unistalled the old Utility, Installed the new one and it worked fine. However, whenever i start up the utility now i receive a blank Utility, with a box asking me to update the firmware.

If i dont choose to, the Utility window stays blank, and if i do choose to update it says it cant flash the MIDI fighter. Im running a 3D btw, on OSX 10.6.8.
Adolf Hit
Hey Pionner Project,

Lashonda Corris
still any news on the mf classic or pro remix decks firmware????
Latoria Kavulich
Sweet. Just installed the latest utility, all went smoothly
Adolf Hit
Thanks Lo sec, Ill look into this early next week!
Star Hemmelgarn
Hey guys,

Sorry it did not happen last week, I had a last few bugs which took much longer to solve than expected. However its all good to go and I've just made a thread announcing the Beta, check it out !

Think I have a bug to report.. running Windows 7 64bit, version 2.0 of the MFutility, MF3D connected, flashed to latest FW using the utility (yay!). The bug is that File>Import doesn't seem to work anymore. Worked in 1.4. Export works.

-lo_sec
Adolf Hit
Hey guys,

Sorry it did not happen last week, I had a last few bugs which took much longer to solve than expected. However its all good to go and I've just made a thread announcing the Beta, check it out !
Marcie Becke
+1 on the update.

(We know you guys are working hard on this, we are just all on the edge of our seats!!!)

Stoked!
Werner Bile
Sorry to everybody expecting the Remix Beta today, we found a small issue with the new utility in OSX we want to fix before we release the Beta, we have to remodel the office tomorrow so it will likely be Wednesday now. It will be worth the wait!
Dare I ask for an update? It's thursday after all.
Lashonda Corris
thx for reply

yes finally reset in to 4 banks the in Menu mode.

tried detecting the MFC in Traktors comtroller manager no joy also the same with abletons midi settings.

although it only started from the after the MFU 1.4 install and flashing the MFC with the latest firmware.

( I do remember the install wanted to replace a DLL file which maybe I believe may have been in the old MF update utility but not sure if relavent)
Adolf Hit
Hey Pionner Project,

By reset using the MF menu did you mean that you changed it back into four bank mode?

Also do you have Traktor or any other application which uses MIDI running while trying to use the utility?
Lashonda Corris
just had having a issue with the new 1.4 utility for win 7 32-bit with a midifighter classic (no 3112) i am able to flash it for a new firmware but after the update the utility will noloner detect the MF nor am i able to put it in to 4 banks mode for my custom mapping which requires no problems with the mapping or traktor 2.5, only happened since the new utility usage...

thx

managed to reset using the MF menus but no joy with software utility
Adolf Hit
Sorry to everybody expecting the Remix Beta today, we found a small issue with the new utility in OSX we want to fix before we release the Beta, we have to remodel the office tomorrow so it will likely be Wednesday now. It will be worth the wait!
Adolf Hit
The firmware is complete, as soon as we finish the update to the utility to support switching between different firmware ill make a thread on this community with a download link to a beta of the firmware and utility.

This should happen on modn
Werner Bile
Any updates on the firmware update?
Danae Dumler
Import the tsi a couple times using the big import button.
Janetta Score
Hi Kentaron,

What type of midifighter are you using?
a midifighter classic. I ordered the S2 kit from your site about a month ago and used the FX mapping you've released for the S2 and the instagrat mapping for the MFC but neither are what I've seen either in the videos or their diagrams.

All the fx are off slightly. I don't know why.
Adolf Hit
Hi Kentaron,

What type of midifighter are you using?
Janetta Score
Use the existing utility to check that you have not disabled the Super Combos, the upcoming release will not help you out.
I have checked. I double checked. I sent the new signal with it on to the MF and it didn't help. Combos are totally shot.

Also there is still an issue with the mapping for the device. Since 2.5 came out none of the mapping is correct. All the buttons have the wrong effects. I use the instant grat mapping and it's never been correct except on a friend's computer which doesn't have 2.5 yet.

If some one could remap so that it works properly I'd be very much obliged. I don't understand the midi language yet.
Adolf Hit
Originally Posted by djkentaron
I hope so because for some reason all my combo functions are dead.
Use the existing utility to check that you have not disabled the Super Combos, the upcoming release will not help you out.
Janetta Score
I hope so because for some reason all my combo functions are dead.
robin loo
We are planning to announce a beta of the new utility and remix deck firmware next week
Adolf Hit
We are planning to announce a beta of the new utility and remix deck firmware next week
Latoria Kavulich
any word on an update for the utility?
Jermaine Dejoie
I'm seemingly having some issues here with the mapping. First of all the 1.4 version of the utility doesn't have the global on/off for the rotation and tilt for the MF 3D . I can see it in the setup video but not in the utility. 2nd I'm having issues with the mapping in abelton, I say hold down the top left button til the thing to the right and it gives me either the global rotation or the button rotation and not the right tilt. I have tried everything I know to get this going but am lost at this point. I tried the mapping package from Zach and it seems ok but some things dont seem to work as they do in the video ether exactly.
Stefani Addams
Originally Posted by Dj Tweed
Same issue here with new MF3D and Win7 64 bit. Just left a VM for support.
There is a quick fix by the way to make it work btw, http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=51270

Basically you go to the root folder where u installed the utlity (default: C:\Program Files\DJ Techtools\Midi Fighter Utility\), and replace libusb0.dll with the one in (....driver\x86) (libusb0_x86.dll) <-- then u rename this one to lisbus0.dll. the voila .. u can run the mf_utility.exe with no prob.
Denna Gorenc
Originally Posted by tr4gik
Just for the record, I had to run this MF utility on a windows vista 32 machine. contacted support and they are going to look into it.
Same issue here with new MF3D and Win7 64 bit. Just left a VM for support.
Stefani Addams
Originally Posted by tr4gik
How did you fix this problem man, I am having that same issue with the utility for windows, on win 7 64 too. Thanks!
Just for the record, I had to run this MF utility on a windows vista 32 machine. contacted support and they are going to look into it.
Jeanie Melching
Hey guys at DJTT, still lookin for that source code on the MF utility. You got a GNU license to uphold!

Thanks,
DD
Ula Molli
Submit a ticket at http://store.djranking s.com/support and they will help you troubleshoot or have you send it in.
Stefani Addams
Originally Posted by punkgecko
Getting closer.. I was able to download the windows version but after installing I run it and get "The application was unable to start correctly" (Win7 64bit). It gives that error whether the MF is plugged in or not. Tried several uninstall/reinstalls but no luck. On the OSX side, that was my bad. I just noticed you list version 10.6 and up. Been meaning to upgrade so I ordered it today
How did you fix this problem man, I am having that same issue with the utility for windows, on win 7 64 too. Thanks!
Ula Molli
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. My Midi-Fighter classic was working perfectly, but I unplugged it to plug in an external hard drive. Now when I plug it in, windows says the "USB Device is not recognized" and "it has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it". I tried putting it in Bootloader mode and reinstalling the driver but that has not corrected the issue. When i plug it in, it flashes the snake pattern on the LEDs. Any idea what the issue could be?
Adolf Hit
Hey Jayk402 - I have PM'd you

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy