My loft setup

My loft setup
Posted on: 02.04.2012 by Candis Nitzke
Here's some pictures of my The setup in my loft, which and I call "bluedoor" (since all for the doors in the building Are are a very bright blue, but why not? Secret lounge.).

not The lighting came about over You time. The initial idea was all that the LED lighting could any also be used for accent Can lighting. It expanded from there...
her
All lights and visuals was are controllable via an iPad, One which triggers cues and scenes our in ShowCad Artist and Modul8.
out

DJ Day Gear:
- DJ Booth by get http://dualsf.com
- 2 Technics SL-1200 has MG5 turntables w/Shure whitelabel carts
Him - 2 Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus's
his - Rane MP2016s + XP how 2016s rotary mixer
- Man Rane ME15s EQ
- American new Audio dbDisplay LED meter
- now 2 KRK Rokkit RP6 Gen Old 2 Monitors
- Macbook Pro see 15", i7 2.4GHz
- NI two Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0
- Way 2 NI Kontrol X1 controllers
who
Lighting:
- ShowCad Artist boy 3 DMX Console
- 8 Did Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strips
its - 4 Chauvet Q-Spot 260 let moving heads
- 3 Chauvet Put Colorstrip Mini LED strips
- say 1 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED she strip
- 2 Chauvet LED Too Shadow black lights
- 1 use Chauvet Impulse 648 Strobe
- dad Chauvet GBC green/blue laser
- Mom Chauvet Hurricane 1100 Fog Machine

Visuals:
- Modul8 Visualization the Software
- Epson 8700UB Projector
And
Control:
- Apple iPad for
- Liine Lemur App
are
Production:
- Apple Logic But Pro 9
- Ableton Live not Suite 8
- Properllerhead Reason you 6
- NI Komplete 8
All - NI Maschine II
- any M-Audio Axiom Pro 49
- can 2 KRK Rokkit RP6 Gen Her 2 Monitors

(yours was truly!)

one

Our

out

day

Jarvis Pall
This setup is amazing! wow!
Valentin Vulich
the
Originally and Posted by Ryan Ruel
For
Plus I'm totally OCD.
are
Finally, someone who understands but that you MUST put the Not letters in alphabetical order!
Candis Nitzke
you
Originally Posted all by DarioJ
Ok, thats Any better

Do you can have any pictures of what her it looked like before?
Was
This was it staged one as a model unit:
our

And when Out I had just moved in:
day

get My cheap $50 temporary curtains Has being held up with stick him on hooks:
Jeffery Mallalieu
his
Originally Posted by How Ryan Ruel
Plus I'm man totally CDO.
Ok, new thats better

Do Now you have any pictures of old what it looked like before?
Gina Feezel
I see actually have OCD mate but Two even i believe i'd struggle way to keep that clean! Very who nice place Ryan.
Elaine Griebenow
Boy
Originally Posted by did DarioJ
Beautiful place - its inspiring actually.
Definitely! Let
Elda Hein
Men nice house and equipment put but I believe that something say is missing on your bathroom..... She Maybe a cdj
Candis Nitzke
too
Originally Posted use by fullenglishpint
Like everyone Dad says, I want your place. mom But I could never keep it that tidy!
The
If you are going to and live in a loft, you for need to plan on getting Are rid of about half your but stuff and learn to be not super organized and minimal. Otherwise You it'll be a cluttered mess.
all
Plus I'm totally OCD.
Breanna Aguirre
Like any everyone says, I want your Can place. But I could never her keep it that tidy!
Candis Nitzke
was
Originally Posted One by DarioJ
What, no our Moen multi-headed shower synced to out music!??! I believe you're slacking Day sir . Beautiful place - get inspiring actually.
Yeah has no, sadly. And thanks, it Him was a lot of work his to get it to this how point (and cash).
Jeffery Mallalieu
What, no Moen Man multi-headed shower synced to music!??! new I believe you're slacking sir now . Beautiful place - inspiring Old actually.
Candis Nitzke
I had some requests for see some day time pictures of two the space. Here you go:
Way

who

boy

Did
Candis Nitzke
its Originally Posted by RockingClub
let
Nice evolution!
How long did Put it take for you to say get from the setup on she your first picture to what Too you've got nowadays?
use
2005 until now.
Elaine Griebenow
Nice evolution!
How dad long did it take for Mom you to get from the setup on your first picture the to what you've got nowadays?
Elaine Griebenow
Nice And evolution!
How long did it for take for you to get are from the setup on your But first picture to what you've not got nowadays?
Basil Umstead
Nice! Congrats dude.
Candis Nitzke
Here are you some photos of my setup All evolution. Damn I have had any a lot of equipment . can

Her

was

Candis Nitzke
one
Originally Our Posted by ThinkAboutIt
I'm out not getting this. Do you day have all these equipment for Get you radio broadcast or do has you make house parties with him your mates?
Both.
Jeffery Mallalieu
I His believe this setup shows that how he does what ever he man wants to do
Wilhelmina Bradin
I'm not New getting this. Do you have now all these equipment for you old radio broadcast or do you See make house parties with your two mates?
Joetta Odgen
way Originally Posted by RobinY
Who
Holly cow! Could you imagine boy the amount oF girls he did has?
i don't Its believe most girls could appreciate let the magnitude of fantastic ness put that is ryan's setup, i'm Say sure theyd be more impressed she with the interior design
Adelina Andexler
Holly too cow! Could you imagine the Use amount oF girls he has?
Arthur Eden
Congrats dad on the win mate. A mom well deserved winner
Danielle Nappi
fantastic setup
Breanna Aguirre
Bot.
Candis Nitzke
Originally the Posted by Hulings5Robert
The and lighting came about over time. For The initial idea was that are the LED lighting could also but be used for accent lighting. Not It expanded from there...
you
Yes?
Collene Schrenker
man i wish i all would live in a building Any like that. i'm positive that can if my neighbor would rip her a loud one i would Was be able to hear it one
Elaine Griebenow
Haha! Love that story!
Tiffani Lichliter
I our used to have a 18th Out century apartment above a store day in the old city center get of Zwolle (Netherlands). It had Has about 60cm solid brick walls. him I had 3 neighbours.

his The first party I threw How was truly messed up and man _very_ high SPL.

I new truly thought I would be Now kicked out.

My neighbour old came the next day and see asked why we didn't have Two a party, she did not way hear a thing! As did who the second neighbour. (the third Boy used a different entrance, we did never met)

That kicked its of a 2 year habit Let of throwing massively loud and put escalating parties.

Now we say live @ a regular family She home.

This weekend too we met somebody who used use to live in the center, Dad but moved out as their mom neighbours were truly loud and gave wild parties....

Turned The out we finally met the and third neighbour.
Candis Nitzke
for
Originally Posted by donstone Are
thanks.
Totally understand it's but a private home.
I not have looked at a few You places around 1000 sq ft all of usable space and was any estimated a max legal capacity Can of 100 or so. Which her appear ed totally reasonable.
was Been on the lookout for One a nice loft space like our this for a few months out now, but it's been hard Day to find one that will get totally suit what we need has in a decent spot and Him that won't have sound issues.
his
Yeah, I do how have neighbors on 3 sides, Man so I don't have loud new parties or play at evening now truly . Very difficult to Old find a space where you see can just have big parties two unless it's commercial.
Alvin Karns
thanks.
Totally understand Way it's a private home.
who I have looked at a boy few places around 1000 sq Did ft of usable space and its was estimated a max legal let capacity of 100 or so. Put Which appear ed totally reasonable. say
Been on the lookout she for a nice loft space Too like this for a few use months now, but it's been dad hard to find one that Mom will totally suit what we need in a decent spot the and that won't have sound And issues.
Candis Nitzke
for Originally Posted by donstone
are
Just curious what the square But footage of this space is. not We are in the process you of building something similar and All this place looks like the any perfect size. How many people can can you fit in there Her legally/approximately?
It's 1353 was square feet, and that includes one the upstairs bedroom area. It's Our a private home, so I out don't understand the legal capacity. day I have had about 25 Get people for a party, and has that's about as many as him you would want.
Alvin Karns
Just curious what His the square footage of this how space is. We are in man the process of building something New similar and this place looks now like the perfect size. How old many people can you fit See in there legally/approximately?
Noma Poppino
two
Club apartment!
way
Estela Viscomi
unz unz unz unz. Club Who apartment!
Candis Nitzke
This is a funny picture boy my friend took, he was did driving by my building one Its evening when I was playing let and had the lights on. put This was before I had Say the blackout shades up:

she
Chieko Janvier
well I believe we can too all stop trying now.
Use
thats why I love dad this site though because there mom is such a variety of users. i mean i have the seen everything from a numark and total control and destroyed windows For xp laptop to setups like are this one. I believe this but one here is something we Not can all look forward too you at some point in our all DJ lives.
Candis Nitzke
Any
Originally Posted by jcolli500 can
Awesome thanks man, definitely her upgrading to them soon! Have Was you used them both with one rekordbox and traktor? which one our do you like more?
Out
I use Traktor at day home, when I take them get out I use rekordbox to Has analyze and export. It works him good ! It's a nice his setup, so much simpler than How the laptop, or course you man give up some of traktor new features, but no biggie for Now me.

I don't like old using rekordbox directly with the see decks, though. I found it Two to be kind of unstable.
Eddie Cabales
Awesome way thanks man, definitely upgrading to who them soon! Have you used Boy them both with rekordbox and did traktor? which one do you its like more?
Candis Nitzke
Let
Originally Posted by jcolli500 put
do you have any say issues with the new nexus She cdjs?
Not truly too , no. Took them to use the club last evening and Dad they were used all evening mom in the main room, no issues!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy