VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!!Reply
VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!!
Posted on: 11.06.2011 by Deeanna Gripshover
Just before I say anything, I absolutely love this site and appreciate all of the work the djranking s team are doing for the controllerist community....however...

I really believe they should consider very carefully the possible decision to not create a new TP2 overlay for VCI 100. I love the arcade edition which I bought from the store and when I purchased it I was of the understanding that future support would be there.

In my opinion the VCI is still up there with any controller on the market as long as the DJTT team invest time and effort on mappings.

Please remember the shockwaves sent out when DJTT first released the 3.0 mappings, I am 100% sure this will be the case again when they release the TP2 mapping, however, without the overlay, it will struggle to match 3.0 success.

DJTT still sell both the SE and Arcade editions on the webstore therefore I feel they owe all future customers a promise of support especially given the $799 price.

The work they are doing with the midifighters is amazing but I really hope they don't fall into the trap of concentrating solely on one product. This relatively new controllerist community thrives on variety and evolutuion!

Please show your support for a new overlay by contributing to this thread.

Gareth
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by ZachDero

We will release the mapping when it is ready, get feedback from everyone, make changes if necessary, and then decide whether or not to go ahead with an overlay.

Thank you all for being patient, it's almost ready, and from what I have seen so far I'm sure everyone will love it.
really glad to read that. as for the overlay: why don't you call for advance payment via paypal for the overlay and then only go on to produce it if you get enough orders? if there's not enough interest, just refund the money. i for myself would certainly invest the money, because my old overlay is getting really ugly (broken edges and stuff). i guess that other heavy users have the same issues.

greetings from germany,
florian
Madalene Ranjan
We are close to being finished with the mapping. I know you have been hearing that for a while, but just today one of the major bugs in the mapping was solved. The mapping is definitely a HIGH priority right now, and Chris has been spending the majority of his time working on it. These mappings take many, many, many hours to perfect. It is not a simple process and it's hard to predict exactly how long a mapping will take to create due to unexpected bugs.

We apologize for the lack of response, but we have replied to several threads stating that we are working on it. We are doing the best we can to get this mapping out to everyone, but we are a very small team here and have many things to juggle.

We will release the mapping when it is ready, get feedback from everyone, make changes if necessary, and then decide whether or not to go ahead with an overlay.

Thank you all for being patient, it's almost ready, and from what I have seen so far I'm sure everyone will love it.
Lizabeth Peight
i believe the new story is now that there is a mapping but they dont know if they will bother with an overlay, which i just dont get, as surely they can then put the new overlay on the recconditioned models they sell to "bedroom" djs... their words, not mine.
Ardell Semrad
Originally Posted by dillinger23
FINALLY there has been at least some acknowledgement of this now from DJTT, although I had to throw a sulk on their facebook thread for it to happen. they are now acknowledging that they may not produce an overlay (we all know this contradicts a clear statement 5 months ago that there would be one, but lets move onwards and upwards), and they have created a registration page so it is possible to express interest in an overlay. this is quite a step backwards from what we were expecting, but lets sign up and just hope for the best, and that they actually respond to us again, and reconnect with us once more. link ishttp://www.facebook.com/l/yAQDGdO6h/eepurl.com/diocs
How bizarre, I was told on the facebook page only a couple of weeks ago that one was almost ready.
Leonardo Papajohn
Originally Posted by dillinger23
FINALLY there has been at least some acknowledgement of this now from DJTT, although I had to throw a sulk on their facebook thread for it to happen. they are now acknowledging that they may not produce an overlay (we all know this contradicts a clear statement 5 months ago that there would be one, but lets move onwards and upwards), and they have created a registration page so it is possible to express interest in an overlay. this is quite a step backwards from what we were expecting, but lets sign up and just hope for the best, and that they actually respond to us again, and reconnect with us once more. link ishttp://www.facebook.com/l/yAQDGdO6h/eepurl.com/diocs
signed up, still waiting for the mapping in general tho
Lizabeth Peight
Lizabeth Peight
and still not a word from the lords on high...... yeah. great support of your followers guys.
Dena Chinn
Originally Posted by jimmymac
I'd be happy to pay for a mapping, but also if i wasn't making financial sense for DJTT to make the overlay, I would happily pay an inflated price for them to do so.
X2

Chin Thoroughgood
new overlays all around!
Delmar Hungler
Id defiantly buy a new overlay!

VCI 100 WOOOOO!
Nga Reusch
Id buy a new overlay if they release one. The vci im buying still has teh overlay with the blue arcade edition above the fader.
Ardell Semrad
I put a post on Facebook a couple of days ago and was told that it's almost finished and will be available soon : )
Yuko Armacost
It's been four months now since we were told that a new DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 mapping will be available to us. Anyone know whats up? I would also buy a new overlay for my VCI100 but I fear the S4 has just stolen the hearts of our favorite DJ blog.
Waylon Domenici
Just to add my voice to the list, I too eagerly await a new mapping and overlay for TP2, to upgrade my VCI which I bought second hand on ebay with a battered early overlay and FW 1.2.
Refugio Chafetz
yes! vci-100 arcade with firmware 1.4 tp2 overlay and accompanying midifighter/midifighter pro mappings would definitely get my money
Ardell Semrad
I've only just bought my VCI 100 last week from ebay, it has a traktor 3 overlay on it so I would love an overlay for TP2 and some coloured knobs / sliders : )

For what it's worth, I'm seeing vci's being sold on ebay practically every other day, surely this must be a new audience for you that will be looking to update. Like me, I've only just started on this journey but already hit a wall.

Please do a new overlay.
Spencer Kilcoyne
+1 on the wanting to purchase a new overlay as and when the mapping is released. (hell, I've bought the last two from you ... third times the charm ...)
Claretha Spinosi
what about a vinyl overlay? it wont be as awesome as a new plate but its cheap and effective.
Peg Yant
im adding my name onto this. i would buy!
Phylicia Englin
Originally Posted by jimmymac
I'd be happy to pay for a mapping, but also if i wasn't making financial sense for DJTT to make the overlay, I would happily pay an inflated price for them to do so.
Same... I would pay $100 for an overlay and mapping... say 200 people buy it... thats 2 grand... and you link it with a Midi Fighter Pro.. say 100 people now buy that.. thats $34900.... thats about $ 25100.... IF YOU MAKE AN OVERLAY + MAPPING WITH MIDI FIGHTER PRO WHICH GOES HAND IN HAND... I would like that
Vernon Vanderberg
wallet in hand, waiting to throw at an overlay.
Petio Petev
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by Cheek Bone
Agree, if a new mapping and overly for the VCI is designed for use with a midi fighter and/or an x1 it would really expand the capabilities and sell more for DJTT. Just a thought, what do you reckon?
Dedicated midi fighter pro mapping for sample decks designed specifically to work with VCI-100 Tpro 2 = WIN!!!!

They'd shift a bunch more pro's too.
Tatum Ansaldo
one of the main reasons I want a new overlay to be produced is to finally give me the excuse to do myself a DIY arcade mod!
Cecile Eyo
Originally Posted by MaxOne
Really!? The VCI is the very corner stone of this site and so many of us are still rocking them.

Why wouldn't we be interested?

Am interested in the new mapping but i'll be honest and say it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm happy with the current mapping and set up.

Would need another controller to rock those sample decks realistically anyway
Agree, if a new mapping and overly for the VCI is designed for use with a midi fighter and/or an x1 it would really expand the capabilities and sell more for DJTT. Just a thought, what do you reckon?
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by flashflooder
damn guys, the level of interest for a new overlay is much greater than i expected. i am happily surprised to hear/read that.
Really!? The VCI is the very corner stone of this site and so many of us are still rocking them.

Why wouldn't we be interested?

Am interested in the new mapping but i'll be honest and say it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm happy with the current mapping and set up.

Would need another controller to rock those sample decks realistically anyway
Joana Ellingworth
yea all thats been said id deff purchase the new overlay tp2 overlay ... djtt has a customer por vida !! good work djtt's.
Johnna Sneesby
Hey flashflooder. I'm really glad to hear that you've been working on the new mapping. Thanks for continuing your support of the VCI-100SE. I totally understand that it might not totally make sense to do a new overlay. Thanks for updating us. For what it's worth, I know I would be willing to actually pay some money just for the new mapping, if that would help it make sense financially to do an overlay (I'd buy that too.) Thanks, keep us updated!
Jodi Lacerra
damn guys, the level of interest for a new overlay is much greater than i expected. i am happily surprised to hear/read that.

unfortunately it's been so busy as of late that i haven't been able to make a ton of progress on this but i have the core of a new mapping done (which takes a lot of the feature requests into account) and i have begun a new overlay design. i can't promise that the overlay will for sure be made but i hope we can make it happen. the main issue is making the overlay different enough that it makes sense to purchase a new one instead of just learning what the new functions are on the old overlay. however, if a new overlay isn't made i will definitely still release the new mapping that i have been working on.

hopefully i'll have some more detailed news for you guys in the future, but for now, that's pretty much all i have to say.
Nick Kingsley
I've been looking at picking up a vci, I have tp2, obviously I would want one!
MINOL D
I would purchase an overlay too
Phylicia Englin
Hey guys, not a lot of posts hear because I'm over at DJ Forums but yes, PLEASE come out with a new overlay/final mapping...

I have had a custom VCI for a year and have upgraded to firmware 1.4...

I downloaded T2 the first day it came out, but have never used it because of my VCI... Come on DJTT help us all out, keep it alive! Until then, I am still using Traktor Pro.

Thanks guys I look forward to it!
Hyo Auricchio
Originally Posted by Daw-z
Still no comment from the DJTT Team????

Come on guys!
i was just believeing the same thing. usually they are the first to comment on a post involving them but now there is silence. we want an answer to whether or not this is going to happen. we love you djranking s
Ezra Susnik
Yea, I discovered this community trying to find out info about the vci-100, and now that I own one I really want you guys to make a new overlay! Please give us a definitive answer soon, because if you guys aren't gonna make one I will make one myself somehow.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
word!
Darren Fawber
A lot of good points were brought up, Im on board with keeping the VCI ALIVE! and would greatly appreciate a new overlay w/ the mapping that is currently being made

I know DJ TT is working hard and a lot of us on this community appreciate the effort you guys put in day in day out. But the VCI is really why i joined this community and everything about it just puts the fun into Djing for me. I believe us VCI owners deserve a final answer whether or not you guys are gonna be making this mapping and overlay, I don't mean to sound like a beggar but don't leave us hanging.
Britt Roback
Over on there Facebook page they say they are close. But who knows just how close. Could be days, weeks or months. Come on DJTT tell us something. We know you look at the community pages.
Deeanna Gripshover
Still no comment from the DJTT Team????

Come on guys!
Constance Brownsword
Yep - overlay for me too - cheers
Odilia Gatica
im interested

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS