VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!!Reply
VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!!
Posted on: 11.06.2011 by Deeanna Gripshover
Just before I say anything, I absolutely love this site and appreciate all of the work the djranking s team are doing for the controllerist community....however...

I really believe they should consider very carefully the possible decision to not create a new TP2 overlay for VCI 100. I love the arcade edition which I bought from the store and when I purchased it I was of the understanding that future support would be there.

In my opinion the VCI is still up there with any controller on the market as long as the DJTT team invest time and effort on mappings.

Please remember the shockwaves sent out when DJTT first released the 3.0 mappings, I am 100% sure this will be the case again when they release the TP2 mapping, however, without the overlay, it will struggle to match 3.0 success.

DJTT still sell both the SE and Arcade editions on the webstore therefore I feel they owe all future customers a promise of support especially given the $799 price.

The work they are doing with the midifighters is amazing but I really hope they don't fall into the trap of concentrating solely on one product. This relatively new controllerist community thrives on variety and evolutuion!

Please show your support for a new overlay by contributing to this thread.

Gareth
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by sabraham118
Wow I just read thru the last 14 pages lol what a journey. Cheers to Dillinger dawz and flashflooder

I'll take an arcade one with a set of arcade buttons and knobs sliders the works
all credit is to flashflooder, as i understand it he's done most of the work on the mapping AND finally bringing the overlay to market off his own back and in his own time. A total hero.

..... a couple of us just stood in the corner shouting really loudly every few days.
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by sabraham118
Wow I just read thru the last 14 pages lol what a journey. Cheers to Dillinger dawz and flashflooder

I'll take an arcade one with a set of arcade buttons and knobs sliders the works
WOOHOO!! Although Flashflooder is the hero of this tale for all the amazing work he has done, both on the mapping, and now bringing the overlay to us.... All Dawz and I did was stand in the corner of the room screaming and sulking till we got what we wanted...
Shirley Parkis
Great news!

Arcade version
Hang Postman
arcade please!
Wilford Dicosola

Dortha Hiscocks
arcade version please flashflooder FTW
Roseanne Cheuk
Non-arcade version!
Claretha Spinosi
i'd take a non arcade depending on cost
Ashlea Nikolic
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Good news is that I am finalizing an order for some new overlays that will have new labels for the new functionality and a new text color for easy differentiation between overlays, bad news is that it's taken this long.

My question now is how many people want "Over" overlays (for putting over arcade controllers) as opposed to the standard overlays. I am definitely ordering some standards but am not sure how many Overs to order. If you definitely want an Over, please let me know
Hi flashflooder,

this is a good news! I need one standard edition. How long will it take until you can ship the overlays?

Cheers from Cologne/Germany

Balou
Taisha Inns
Although I don't post much, I've been following this thread for a while. I've resisted the move to TP2 because of the overlay issue, so this is awesome news, thanks!

Any idea when they'll be available (standard not arcade) and if there is any way of pre-registering or something like that for one?

Cheers

Good news is that I am finalizing an order for some new overlays that will have new labels for the new functionality and a new text color for easy differentiation between overlays, bad news is that it's taken this long.

My question now is how many people want "Over" overlays (for putting over arcade controllers) as opposed to the standard overlays. I am definitely ordering some standards but am not sure how many Overs to order. If you definitely want an Over, please let me know
Tracee Depaula
I'd also take a non-arcade overlay, and I'd happily get the matching knobs!!
Mel Manelski
I'd go for a non-arcade version of the tp2 overlay....and blue knobs!
Evelyn Navarijo
Sign me up for an Arcade overlay as well, should be the motivation I need to finally arcade mod my VCI :P

Also just recieved two white "fatty" knobs I put on the VCI as filter knobs, ye gods, they're wonderful, seriously considering replacing all the knobs on... All my stuff with them
Cecile Eyo
I will need an Arcade overlay. Will also purchase the new knobs.

Does this mean that the new mapping will be updated and support continued for the VCI 100?

Many many thanks Flashflooder.
Kati Khait
Are they gonna be in the djtt store?
Refugio Chafetz
I will definitely buy an arcade overlay and got no problem at all if it came with a new matching knob set.

Count me in!
Petio Petev
1 Arcade Overlay here please...with blue text instead of gold as I have your lovely blue knobs already
Della Kalender
are there any good or bad news?

Great news. Very unexpected. Flashflooder u are a gentleman and a scholar

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Lizabeth Peight
Ahhhh. cool. none that i know of!
Galina Mancinas
Originally Posted by dillinger23
not so fella. arcade overlay is for a unit that has been modded with arcade style 'fire' buttons for the bottom four buttons on for both decks. if you have a normal unit, you need to get a normal overlay
I'm sorry, I must not have been clear on what I meant. I meant a standard VCI-100 that has been end-user modified with the DJTT Arcade Buttons.

like this: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=34169

I suppose I was wondering if there are any other physical changes between the Arcade and a standard VCI other than the buttons.
Lizabeth Peight
not so fella. arcade overlay is for a unit that has been modded with arcade style 'fire' buttons for the bottom four buttons on for both decks. if you have a normal unit, you need to get a normal overlay
Galina Mancinas
I'm assuming that a standard (ie silver non-arcade) that one has modded for arcade buttons would use the arcade overlay?

If so, I'm definitely in for an Arcade overlay.

BTW, your continued work on improving this fantastic device is extremely appreciated.
Lizabeth Peight
And may i just say......... WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Flashflooder f***ing ROCKS!
Deeanna Gripshover
OH YEAH!!!!!

I'll have an arcade one please!!

Thank you!!
Lizabeth Peight
Flashflooder you are a bloody hero!!!! I would have an arcade edition overlay please, and I would also order a full set of knobs and sliders to go with!!!! You have pretty much made my new year with this happy news! MANY THANKS!

i shall keep my eyes peeled for news.
Evelyn Navarijo
Have I ever told you I love you?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by spencer4hire
I'll go one further. If they ever make a new overlay I will also buy a set of blue knobs. Especially if they change the text on the overlay to blue instead of that ugly yellow.
smart guy. you just might be on to something.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Tim Moore

Roseanne Cheuk
Janyce Henningson
Yep thats the only way to do it and its a pain in the ass

But the good thing is you can get it and colour / style you want and you can math the text exactly to your mapping
Cyndy Noujaim
Originally Posted by Nicky H
would be very cool do to that - but I can't see a way to get custom text there without very painfully laying out each word in their flash layout editor thingy?
Janyce Henningson
Styleflip?

http://www.styleflip.com/index.php?m...products_id=68
Cyndy Noujaim
Originally Posted by flipdiddlin
100% with this. however ive already bought the blue knobs as a sign of good faith

mega props to flashflooder, klaemo and anyone else working on the v4 mapping, but there are definately alot of people who are interested in this.
I've just ordered the kit to upgrade my firmware to 1.4 so I can use the latest mapping... believeing I'll need to go slice-and-dice with a Brother P-touch label maker to re-label my old overlay as an interim solution. Pretty ghetto but what can you do?
Evelyn Navarijo
I'd just like to throw in another request for a TP2 overlay, also, kudos to flashflooder for all his work.
Della Kalender
Originally Posted by spencer4hire
I'll go one further. If they ever make a new overlay I will also buy a set of blue knobs. Especially if they change the text on the overlay to blue instead of that ugly yellow.
100% with this. however ive already bought the blue knobs as a sign of good faith

mega props to flashflooder, klaemo and anyone else working on the v4 mapping, but there are definately alot of people who are interested in this.
Lizabeth Peight
funny you should say that, I've been believeing i really want a new knob pack, but am not sure whether its worth spending more on tricking out the VCI!! Should an overlay appear I TOO with buy a new pack!
Yuko Armacost
Lizabeth Peight
and let me just add that I like MANY MANY others here, would be very happy to pay for the new overlay!!!!!
Yuko Armacost
Lolz

Originally Posted by dillinger23
unfortunately, djtt is pretty much just a shop now. If you want to buy something branded then happily spend your bucks, but they are completely ignoring all enquiries on this. Flashflooder has done a brilliant job (all on his own time from what i understand) and should be greatly applauded, but ean is now a tv frontman for a box shifting webstore and has little interest in those who put him where he is today.
Lizabeth Peight
Unfortunately, DJTT is pretty much just a shop now. If you want to buy something branded then happily spend your bucks, but they are completely ignoring all enquiries on this. Flashflooder has done a brilliant job (all on his own time from what i understand) and should be greatly applauded, but Ean is now a TV frontman for a box shifting webstore and has little interest in those who put him where he is today.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy