CDJ Companies-Wanna produce a bestseller?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ Companies-Wanna produce a bestseller?Reply
CDJ Companies-Wanna produce a bestseller?
Posted on: 05.06.2013 by Farah Angeloni
Create a really high class CDJ, i mean UDJ Or SDJ whatever you will call it.
What i mean is create a high class player and instead of the CD player built in
sell it for an affordable price.USB and maybe SD is more than enough today and better to handle also!
Easy as that! I'm pretty sure it will be a bestseller really fast.
Really wondering why there's not one out already!
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by Polygon
The only company i can imagine designing and selling such a machine currently is NI and NI only.
A traktor native 1deck controller that can be used at standalone with USB and SD media, with a big platter, integrated 4channel soundcard (4out) priced at around $600 would destroy everything in its path.
Yes then it would only be overpriced by about $300.

Seriously CDJ markups are insane. The plastic and the parts can't cost more than $150 total (and that's being very generous). Obviously there's a lot of other expenses but still I believe most comparable mass produced electronics for other markets would hover around the $300-$400 USD range. (And again that's being generous). There's no way a CD player is more complicated or expensive to produce than a laptop, yet I can get a top of the line Macbook Air for less than a CDJ-2000. I can probably get 10 netbooks for that price! That's one of the reasons I haven't bothered to upgrade my one CDJ-1000 mk1, a floor model from Guitar Center that I bought for $600 back in 2002 or 2003 I believe, and even then I thought it was overpriced ($200 more than the 1200s I bought a few years earlier!) Even today you can get a brand new Technics 1200 m5g - which is notoriously overpriced due to Panasonic shutting the door on them a few years ago - for less than a used CDJ-2000.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
If you're in Germany, then you really should be buying Reloop's RMPs. They're equivalent to the 850s for a fraction of the cost.
Originally Posted by makar1
No library management, no waveform, no jog display, no Vinyl speed adjust. Not exactly equivalent.

Here we go again...
Alphonso Deitchman
No library management, no waveform, no jog display, no Vinyl speed adjust. Not exactly equivalent.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Lao Ma
Hm in germany even a used Pioneer almost all he time goes for 10-20 never more than 30 %.
If there would be 900 for around 500 Euros in an acceptable condition.I'm in!
If you're in Germany, then you really should be buying Reloop's RMPs. They're equivalent to the 850s for a fraction of the cost.
Farah Angeloni
This.
On traktor.
Yep ,also something i would pull out my credit card
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by hellnegative
On a sidenote. I would kill to see the DDJ-SX released in a modular format.
This.
On traktor.
Farah Angeloni
The only company i can imagine designing and selling such a machine currently is NI and NI only.
A traktor native 1deck controller that can be used at standalone with USB and SD media, with a big platter, integrated 4channel soundcard (4out) priced at around $600 would destroy everything in its path.
Something like that and i could count me in immediately!
Emelina Chillson
On a sidenote. I would kill to see the DDJ-SX released in a modular format.
Emelina Chillson
the contour had a 4channel soundcard with the ability to switch between all four decks. Having one interface edition and one controller edition allowed me to show up with just my contours and laptop, plug into the mixer and go without any extra effort.
Dannie Dimora
Why would a 1 deck controller have a 4 channel sound card? I would expect NI to bring out a 1 deck MIDI platter controller long before they build their own CDJ.
Because it could be used as a single (ok so maybe it would support dual deck) controller for starters that can't afford 2 and a mixer, so it would offer 2 chan out and 2chan monitoring thru a HP jack.
Alphonso Deitchman
Why would a 1 deck controller have a 4 channel sound card? I would expect NI to bring out a 1 deck MIDI platter controller long before they build their own CDJ.
Dannie Dimora
Farah Angeloni
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Because they like money.

Just because they can doesn't mean they will. Their profit margins are probably huge.
That's for sure! And honestly who wouldn't do that.
Gaynell Rydberg
Because they like money.

Just because they can doesn't mean they will. Their profit margins are probably huge.
Farah Angeloni
One more thing.
If Pioneer's able to put our an R1.
In a way that's two players and a mixer for 999 Euros.
Why can't they put out a nice player, no 350 crap for 500 Euros.
Otherwise, why should they.People buy that stuff anyway!
Gaynell Rydberg
I've seen a pair of CDJ2000s for around that price in USD here on eBay.

Seems like the CDJs are much cheaper over there than here which is surprising. I always thought everything in the UK was marked up a ton (ignoring conversion).
Qiana Castellucci
Give me a link for the 2000s, i don't believe you.
Allow me: http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/...in-flightcases

pair of CDJ2000 in flightcase -
Dannie Dimora
A pair of used 900s is about
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
CD players aren't that expensive. Getting rid of it would save MAYBE 5 dollars.
Yeah.
But if you count that chips inside the machine are in the price range of 0.2-2$, the most expensive one being the cpu, the 5$ from the cd drive could really drive the price down.
It's all because pio's overcharging the hell outta their cdj stuff.
Alphonso Deitchman
A pair of used 900s is about
Gaynell Rydberg
*Old CDJs for 50-60% retail price.

You'll see at most like 20-30% price drop on the CDJ900 and 2000 on average. Occasionally a bit more.

You should be able to get a pair of CDJ1000 for <1k USD
Farah Angeloni
There are plenty of used CDJs around for 50-60% retail price.
Hm in germany even a used Pioneer almost all he time goes for 10-20 never more than 30 %.
If there would be 900 for around 500 Euros in an acceptable condition.I'm in!
Emelina Chillson

The CD drive is not what makes CDJs expensive btw.
This. If you want a decent CDJ with a strong build, USB, and midi then pick up a stanton CMP800
Alphonso Deitchman
There are plenty of used CDJs around for 50-60% retail price.
Farah Angeloni
Ah okay.
Hm thought it could really lower the price.
Areo and R1 ist not my thing.I just don't like all in one that much.
Really not hating on it,just not my thing.
Honestly i work with one turntable and timecode,so i switch between decks while mixing and i really got used to it.
I was working with a CDJ 1000 once in club and i kind a liked but not that much that i would pay the price.
850,900 the same too much money for too much plastic at least for me.
350's to me feels like a piece of crap for 500 Euros!? Almost insane!
Alphonso Deitchman
XDJ Aero and R1 are affordable alternatives to standard CDJs.

The CD drive is not what makes CDJs expensive btw.
Gaynell Rydberg
CD players aren't that expensive. Getting rid of it would save MAYBE 5 dollars. It'd cost more to redesign the house and whatnot.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy