CDJ Companies-Wanna produce a bestseller?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ Companies-Wanna produce a bestseller?Reply
CDJ Companies-Wanna produce a bestseller?
Posted on: 05.06.2013 by Farah Angeloni
Create a really high class CDJ, i mean UDJ Or SDJ whatever you will call it.
What i mean is create a high class player and instead of the CD player built in
sell it for an affordable price.USB and maybe SD is more than enough today and better to handle also!
Easy as that! I'm pretty sure it will be a bestseller really fast.
Really wondering why there's not one out already!
Nancey Inderlied
Originally Posted by hellnegative
Untill you end up behind a pair of 900's with broken buttons and a cd drive slot that doesnt work properly.
Because CDJs are just famous for breaking beyond use... Ive played on 1000 mk1s, that were discontinued over a decade ago. If you're turning up to clubs with flat out purposely destroyed installs, you're either taking some seriously bargain bin gigs, or have a great opportunity to quit being a random on the decks and get in with the event staff...
Emelina Chillson
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Two USB's for rekord box a laptop/interface and timecode would prepare you for anything really if you are doing traditional mixing
Untill you end up behind a pair of 900's with broken buttons and a cd drive slot that doesnt work properly.
Olin Easley
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Yeah, I need to move to a country where every club has a pair of 2ks and a 900 apparently lol.
Maybe not now, but in about five years the majority of the clubs will replace their 1000s with 2000s and that's when going to any club with just a usb stick and headphones will be possible. Now you just need a cd case for the venues with 1000s.
Ming Devis
Tbh I prefer just bringing all my own gear, because no matter WHAT the venue has, I can't be 100% sure it's in complete working order, and apart from the opening of a brand new club, I've NEVER played somewhere that didn't have at least one piece of gear which was broken in some way.
Two USB's for rekord box a laptop/interface and timecode would prepare you for anything really if you are doing traditional mixing
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Save yourself the hassle and the expense of emigrating by just doing a little research before you turn up at the venue.

A simple phone call to the venue and simply asking what gear will be provided on the evening will suffice! That's before we get into the fact that you should actually be paying the venue a visit so that you know how the booth is set up to make transitioning from one dj to another seamless. Nothing worse than some fucking unprepared dj turning up with bags full of shit taking over the dj booth before you've finished your set.
Tbh I prefer just bringing all my own gear, because no matter WHAT the venue has, I can't be 100% sure it's in complete working order, and apart from the opening of a brand new club, I've NEVER played somewhere that didn't have at least one piece of gear which was broken in some way.
Kristofer Krauel
Yeah, I need to move to a country where every club has a pair of 2ks and a 900 apparently lol.
Save yourself the hassle and the expense of emigrating by just doing a little research before you turn up at the venue.

A simple phone call to the venue and simply asking what gear will be provided on the evening will suffice! That's before we get into the fact that you should actually be paying the venue a visit so that you know how the booth is set up to make transitioning from one dj to another seamless. Nothing worse than some fucking unprepared dj turning up with bags full of shit taking over the dj booth before you've finished your set.
Ming Devis
Majority do. If they don't it's usually a Xone and some cdj 2000's
Doreen Schurle
Haha. You are welcome to expect every promoter here stateside to be prepared with gear and know exactly what they will have ahead of time. Sometimes it falls on the un-preparedness of the promoter. Sounds like I need to move to Australia cause they have ALL their shit together there.
Kristofer Krauel
I believe taking usb and phones to a gig is lazy and leaves with no backup options. What happens if you show up and you're in front of a set of 1000 mk3's?
Thats not lazy! thats just plain fucking stupid!! You lose all credibility as a DJ if you turn up for a gig without knowing what gear the venue has.

Sounds to me like just something you'd say if you were trying to convince yourself that its a good thing to be carrying excessive shit about with you.

Like i've said before in this thread, rocking up with 2 usb's and some cans actually shows you've done your preparation and you are turning up knowing exactly what to expect.
Kristofer Krauel
I used to take hundreds of records, a pair of turntables and a mixer. Now I take my laptop and a bunch of controllers.
The fact that you do this doesn't make other people lazy. It just means you are shit at preparation. Im not being facecious, i honestly don't understand what you mean when you say that taking a USB and headphones to a gig is lazy?
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by makar1
That didn't work so well for Reloop, considering that the Contour is discontinued.
Denon SC2000 is still in the market. Although, it sometimes seems to me that I'm the only one mentioning it..

Actually, you know what? It seems to me that, the better the gear the DJ's use, the lesser they are on internet community s talking about it. They probably practice and do gigs instead (what we should be doing )

I actually believe (hope) this is NI's next step. Ive said before that I cant understand why the EKS OTUS never took off. Today that seems like the only controller missing from NI's arsenal.
As fas I know, OTUS is as big as a CDJ, you can't just put 2 of them in a bag with laptop and other gear (365mm x 335mm x 70mm. Weight. 2 kg)
Also, OTUS was NOT a conventional CDJ controller - touch pad instead of a pitch fader, kind of a "2 decks in one" unit with a price to match (Date: May 2009 • Price:
Nancey Inderlied
Because CDJs are just famous for breaking beyond use... Ive played on 1000 mk1s, that were discontinued over a decade ago. If you're turning up to clubs with flat out purposely destroyed installs, you're either taking some seriously bargain bin gigs, or have a great opportunity to quit being a random on the decks and get in with the event staff...
Emelina Chillson
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Olin Easley
Maybe not now, but in about five years the majority of the clubs will replace their 1000s with 2000s and that's when going to any club with just a usb stick and headphones will be possible. Now you just need a cd case for the venues with 1000s.
Ming Devis
Doreen Schurle

Kristofer Krauel

Ming Devis
Majority do. If they don't it's usually a Xone and some cdj 2000's
Doreen Schurle
Haha. You are welcome to expect every promoter here stateside to be prepared with gear and know exactly what they will have ahead of time. Sometimes it falls on the un-preparedness of the promoter. Sounds like I need to move to Australia cause they have ALL their shit together there.
Emelina Chillson
Kristofer Krauel
I believe taking usb and phones to a gig is lazy and leaves with no backup options. What happens if you show up and you're in front of a set of 1000 mk3's?
Thats not lazy! thats just plain fucking stupid!! You lose all credibility as a DJ if you turn up for a gig without knowing what gear the venue has.

Sounds to me like just something you'd say if you were trying to convince yourself that its a good thing to be carrying excessive shit about with you.

Like i've said before in this thread, rocking up with 2 usb's and some cans actually shows you've done your preparation and you are turning up knowing exactly what to expect.
Gaynell Rydberg
I got so excited believeing I snagged a Reloop Contour Interface from Amazon for 190 bucks.

False stock inventory

I believe I'm gonna have to go with a Zomo and 2 Denon SC-2000s.
Emelina Chillson
Bringing a 4 channel mixer with you is overkill. I wouldnt trust it going underneath the plane. Baggage handlers are rough as fuck and it def wouldnt fit in carry on.
Alphonso Deitchman
Obviously you wouldn't bring just USB sticks if you didn't know what gear they have set up. I'd bring my audio interface and control CDs too along with the X1, that way I can use either timecode CD or even purely MIDI on the X1 if Rekordbox CDJs aren't available.

Bringing a 4 channel mixer around with you is excessive though.
Emelina Chillson

My gig bag consists of Laptop, Audio Interface, 4 Control CD's, 4 Control Records, 15 Vinyl Records, 20 CD's, HeadPhones, X1, Contour CE, Headphones, Needles, RCA cables, 4 RCA Y adapters, a mic, mbox (for set prep), and 4 Slipmats. I have multiple mappings for my X1 (One being a mixer setup).

This way I am always prepared for anything. This has become especially important when going out of state. You kind of know what to expect at home, but who knows what Promoter johnny has thought of in advance. I showed up to a gig one time where there was supposed to be a djm900 on hand, but due to unforeseen circumstances they had to use a rane 61. I was like fuck, I planned for a 4 deck set. I grabbed some spare rca's, made y cables with some gaff tape and a pocket knife, plugged them into the aux and back into the c/d outputs of my audio 10 and used my x1 mixer mapping to mix the other two decks. I had to use sync on the c/d decks so it was annoying continually setting the vinyl decks as the masters, but now I know to be prepared for that kind of situation.
Kristofer Krauel
I used to take hundreds of records, a pair of turntables and a mixer. Now I take my laptop and a bunch of controllers.
The fact that you do this doesn't make other people lazy. It just means you are shit at preparation. Im not being facecious, i honestly don't understand what you mean when you say that taking a USB and headphones to a gig is lazy?
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by makar1
That didn't work so well for Reloop, considering that the Contour is discontinued.
Denon SC2000 is still in the market. Although, it sometimes seems to me that I'm the only one mentioning it..

Actually, you know what? It seems to me that, the better the gear the DJ's use, the lesser they are on internet community s talking about it. They probably practice and do gigs instead (what we should be doing )

I actually believe (hope) this is NI's next step. Ive said before that I cant understand why the EKS OTUS never took off. Today that seems like the only controller missing from NI's arsenal.
As fas I know, OTUS is as big as a CDJ, you can't just put 2 of them in a bag with laptop and other gear (365mm x 335mm x 70mm. Weight. 2 kg)
Also, OTUS was NOT a conventional CDJ controller - touch pad instead of a pitch fader, kind of a "2 decks in one" unit with a price to match (Date: May 2009 • Price:
Olin Easley
Care to explain what you use them for? Cos that sounds like a complete overkill.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by DISaS73R
I assume you use the controllers listed in your signature?
Amongst others, yes.
Olin Easley
I assume you use the controllers listed in your signature?
Doreen Schurle
That's the point, you used to. You've moved on.
Yes, but I'm still carting 40kgs worth of gear to big sets.
Olin Easley
That's the point, you used to. You've moved on.
Doreen Schurle
Please tell me how you always carry around hundreds of records to your gigs.
Olin Easley
Fixed that for you.
Please tell me how you always carry around hundreds of records to your gigs.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
tell them to put a large pitch fader on it, and angle the effects section like on the 4track so you can see the leds on the encoder and I'd buy contours again.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
I believe that was just poor marketing on Reloops behalf. Didn't they have some warehouse/distributor problems too?

Reloop Contour seems to be in pretty high demand now that it's not in production anymore.
Yeah, both their US and UK distributors shut down at some point in the last two years, and they only recently appointed new ones (as of January 2013 in the UK, and May 2013 in the US.)

Given the recent resurgence of interest in the Contour, a mk2 is almost certainly on the cards.
Tesha Freudenstein
Fixed that for you.
how so?
Gaynell Rydberg
I believe that was just poor marketing on Reloops behalf. Didn't they have some warehouse/distributor problems too?

Reloop Contour seems to be in pretty high demand now that it's not in production anymore.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by ekwipt
well being a Traktor user, if they took away the USB, screen, soundcard, cd drive and made the thing one big hid controller, I'm sure that would drive the cost right down, they'll never do it though, biting into they're own CDJ2000 market.
Alphonso Deitchman

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy