Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HEREReply
Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE
Posted on: 06.05.2008 by
I want to start a thread where everyone can see all the custom gear that has been created by other djs here at Dj Tech Tools. Post a few photos of your set up and a brief description of what you did.
Sparkle Faldyn
bahahahahaha that's the ugliest thing ive ever seen in my life! bet it looks bad ass in UV though...
Are the uneven lines (esp on Maschine) because of poor workmanship or the camera?
Latrina Sukkar

MPK mini chroma knobs!=]
Manuel Rima
idk i might try to sell it but for now this is my Mixtrack pro
IMG_3728.jpgP1016276.jpgIMG_3568.jpgIMG_3577.jpgIMG_3580.jpgIMG_3619.jpgIMG_3620.jpgphoto (2).jpg
Shonda Soulier
Originally Posted by Emery
wonderful, do you know where I could find more information on that?
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=23597
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=28014
Geri Jarra
Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou
Yes definitly!
wonderful, do you know where I could find more information on that?
Shonda Soulier
Originally Posted by leoleox
I apologize for my english. Hope you understand.
This is a great mod, my friend. Great explanation too. I'm sure this will help out who ever wondered about modding their dx. Thanks for the write-up!
Era Roka
Originally Posted by Emery
Is this possible with a MF classic brain?
Yes definitly!
Geri Jarra
Originally Posted by s.craigie
My midi controller made with UMC32+ DIY kit. Really fun project (and very easy)! Props to DJTT for the buttons, knobs and faders.

Is this possible with a MF classic brain?
Dorine Hieronymus
Unfortunately I haven't documented the whole process with photos, but I've taken a few shots.
I've used a 3mm perspex (plexiglas) black sheet to make the additional panels. All the cutting work were made with a Dremel multi purpose little tool.
I've modded 4 arcade buttons to make them thinner. Initially I was working with Sanwa buttons but then I found the Seimitsu buttons work better for my purpose (http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/pr...PS-14-DN-K.htm).
I put the perspex panels and the original xone dx panels together using the buttons screws. The buttons does not pass perfetcly thru the original panel holes so I've thinned a little them (I can't explain better in english, sorry).
I've soldered the buttons on the original pcb without removing the original switches and leds. Only the leds needed a little bending.
I apologize for my english. Hope you understand.

IMG_0717.jpgIMG_0730.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0761.jpgIMG_0763.jpgIMG_0764.jpg
Shonda Soulier
Originally Posted by leoleox
Hello, I've modded a xone dx with a friend of mine without breaking any original part.
Here it is!

IMG_0765.jpgIMG_0769.jpg
WHOA! Nice work!

Can you provide more details of the mod and additional photos?
Dorine Hieronymus
Hello, I've modded a xone dx with a friend of mine without breaking any original part.
Here it is!

IMG_0765.jpgIMG_0769.jpg
Bianca Fadden
Originally Posted by DJENS
Attachment 9040

My Mixtrack Pro.

Painted and Chroma Capped.

Also loosened up the pitch faders/crossfader with a little sandpaper after I took the unit apart.

Love it!
Nice MOD. What paint did you use?
Tamara Zitterkopf
yeh i gave it a good pull but wasnt moving
Cheryll Tangeman
Originally Posted by warrenpaul
i like that! so you cant take the middle button out then? i tired but it seemed like it was on there pretty solid
Yeah the middle button is different from a normal knob. I didn't want to mess with it.
Tamara Zitterkopf
i like that! so you cant take the middle button out then? i tired but it seemed like it was on there pretty solid
Cheryll Tangeman
547235_10150628688131409_581546408_9526283_1479591556_n.jpg

My Mixtrack Pro.

Painted and Chroma Capped.

Also loosened up the pitch faders/crossfader with a little sandpaper after I took the unit apart.

Love it!
Sharonda Flewellyn
Originally Posted by Dixhouse
This is my first attempt at modding. This is essentially a practice project to get used to soldering, wiring and drilling and so on. Here it is.

I have also bought a midi fighter and I am looking to modify it by adding a few extra buttons, slide and rotary pots.
I saw this in action in sunday, and can cofirm it is badass!
Patrica Giancaterino
Well, I haven't had a look at it yet but I believe all I'm going to do is cut straight lines without those little details on the edges. I figure I'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work out, I'll look around but as of know I don't know anyone with a band saw or jig saw.
Ned Somerset
I've already taken it off once and no residue was left. The mounting tape I bought said it left very little residue if any just a rub of the finger takes it off.
A miter saw probably won't be accurate enough. a jigsaw or a band saw would work best.
Patrica Giancaterino
Awesome just found out I have access to a miter saw, only thing is I'm not sure if I want residue from the tape, you believe it leaves anything behind?
Ned Somerset
I went over to a friends house who had a band saw. At first I tried with a jig saw but it just wasn't accurate enough, most likely due to a slightly bent blade. To get the shape I laid my maschine on its side on the peice of oak and traced around it . Cut it out, sanded it, gave it two coats of stain and then a clear coat of urethane to give it that shine. Let it all dry. I mounted it by cutting strips of double sided mounting tape and tripled them up to grip the side of the maschine and the wood. Couldnt find tape thick enough to grab the inside wall of the maschine and hold the trim. Took about an hour of work plus drying time. Real simple and cheap and it looks badass.
Patrica Giancaterino
Originally Posted by fitzyp
Attachment 8794 Made my own oak woodtrim for my maschine. Total cost around $16CND. Couldn't find non elevated trim on the nets. Plus refusing to pay $50 for it. Secured it in place with double sided mounting tape and its holding strong. Well worth it.
I want wood sides and also don't want to shell out 50 bucks, what tools did you need? I don't really have any at all but I need to find a way because it looks sexy as hell.
Ned Somerset
561771_10150670389348507_505028506_9548456_1960186469_n.jpg Made my own oak woodtrim for my maschine. Total cost around $16CND. Couldn't find non elevated trim on the nets. Plus refusing to pay $50 for it. Secured it in place with double sided mounting tape and its holding strong. Well worth it.
Shonda Soulier
Originally Posted by Asgory4t
longer lights up when there's a hotcue

your images are blocked
Joy Ringer
Originally Posted by Audeo
That looks like a seriously helpful mod! Well done! My only question is.. why are you doing FX at the double BPM of house?
ha!

Yeah, the [Tap] button on the EFX was always the weak link of a wonderful box IMO. About half of them I come across have a broken [Tap] button on them, and the button mechanism is very difficult to repair.

The one functional thing I've never been crazy about on the EFX is that when you hit [Tap] twice and the BPM gets reset, the [Time] multiplier always goes back to [1/1]. So, if I want double time on a delay, I tend just to tap at double the speed to begin with. (I don't play a lot of computer-generated records so I can't rely on Auto-BPM detection, or for a song to just stay in tempo.)

rs
Venetta Cawyer
That looks like a seriously helpful mod! Well done! My only question is.. why are you doing FX at the double BPM of house?
Joy Ringer
EFX-1000 mod I did awhile back. Replaced Tap Button with Arcade Button.

Ressie Losiewicz
looking good!!
Dortha Hiscocks
Originally Posted by Patch
Looks a lot like the MF3D.
Yeh i'v been working on this for the last few months and then DJTT came out with the MF3D. Tbh though it was pretty obvious after they started stocking the clear rim arcade buttons that something along those lines was going to come out.

Anyway here's an overview of how the controller has developed

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

mixerpro.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg
Brunilda Kora
Looks a lot like the MF3D.
Dortha Hiscocks
just a little something im working on

green.jpg

photo (1).jpg
Daniell Knopf
Originally Posted by etch
My midifighter inspired controllers, the WoofHIBA and WoofHIBA II

the larger isnt quite finished, two rotary encoders still need knobs (one isnt in controller yet, still to be wired up) and got some nice new caps for the faders, this is about to replace my VCI100SE as my out rig, custom mapping to follow shortly!

ones based around an old mac keyboard (the smaller one) and the larger is based around an Arduino Mega 2560 (LED feedback is one of the first mods to be made in the future)

Attachment 4632
Just wondering what kind of faders did you use for the mod because im currently modding mine.
Alysa Machuta
This is my first attempt at modding. This is essentially a practice project to get used to soldering, wiring and drilling and so on. Here it is.

I have also bought a midi fighter and I am looking to modify it by adding a few extra buttons, slide and rotary pots.
Darius Goralski
Ridiculously sturdy. 3/4" MDF board and it's heavy. Wind was blowing at about 25-35 miles an hours on Sunday and it didn't budge. Also, I accidentally slammed my hand into the bottom side of my laptop while trying to wave at someone. The laptop started pivoting over the back of the stand like it was going to flip over, but then the elastic bungee tightened and pushed it back into perfect place. All that happened within about a second, but it was still pretty cool to see it work as intended. Also, setting it up takes about 10 seconds, tearing it down about the same. Positioning the laptop and securing it with the bungee takes another 10 seconds, but it's still pretty fast.
DJ MENSAH
Crane huh? How sturdy is it?
Darius Goralski
I modded a piece of wood, does that count?

$60 to make. DIY posted here: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=47405
Heriberto Potterton
Hi Guys,

Wanted to post my video for my custom LaunchPad D.I.Y. stands, hope you like it.

LaunchPad Stands
Lakesha Comtois
foot pedal.jpg
Ripped apart the controller I made last weekend and made this pedal out of a mix track. I use it to loop in Ableton. I usually wait to put the finishing touches on since I remake these so often.
Lynell Piechocinski
looks great, never saw them white
Kiyoko Wellisch
Is there menna be an image with that post?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy