Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HEREReply
Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE
Posted on: 06.05.2008 by
I want to start a thread where everyone can see all the custom gear that has been created by other djs here at Dj Tech Tools. Post a few photos of your set up and a brief description of what you did.
Marva Cupid
thats soo cool, what do you use the buttons for ?
Gordon Grissinger
i have never bought a thing that has taught me more

thank you guys
Maris Valleskey
Originally Posted by -AyeAreTee
im a little curious as to what mapping your using for your xsession, sick mod by the way, simple changes but makes a huge difference
Thanks! I'm working on one right now actually. The silver knobs are the EQ (Hi/Low/Filter) while the black knobs will control multiple effect parameters at once. The black buttons are used for beatjumps (4 and 16) for quick adjustments while the X1 takes care of everything else (cueing/single effects/looping/track scrubbing/etc.)
Leonardo Papajohn
Originally Posted by Beaucauchemar
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._4386242_n.jpg

https://s-hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/282..._1638755_n.jpg

This is my face/knob mod of the X-Session Pro. Like many I couldn't stand the cheap, boring quality of the unit's color scheme and knob feel so I added a automotive-grade 3M cherry teak decal and replaced the toy-ish knobs with some classy ones from a guitar pedal parts store. In addition to the cosmetic changes, I eliminated the wobble from the pots by tightening the holes with strips of wax paper which also gave a small bit of desired turning resistance. I still have yet to replace the fader caps with some quality black ones but until then it's perfectly enjoyable. Overall it feels like a completely new mixer. Below I'll include links to the parts I used in case anyone would like to create something similar.

Wood decal:
http://www.metrorestyling.com/category-s/3686.htm

Knobs:
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/category-s/25.htm
im a little curious as to what mapping your using for your xsession, sick mod by the way, simple changes but makes a huge difference
Maris Valleskey
This is my face/knob mod of the X-Session Pro. Like many I couldn't stand the cheap, boring quality of the unit's color scheme and knob feel so I added a automotive-grade 3M cherry teak decal and replaced the toy-ish knobs with some classy ones from a guitar pedal parts store. In addition to the cosmetic changes, I eliminated the wobble from the pots by tightening the holes with strips of wax paper which also gave a small bit of desired turning resistance. I still have yet to replace the fader caps with some quality black ones but until then it's perfectly enjoyable. Overall it feels like a completely new mixer. Below I'll include links to the parts I used in case anyone would like to create something similar.

Wood decal:
http://www.metrorestyling.com/category-s/3686.htm

Knobs:
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/category-s/25.htm
Delmar Swamy
Aw I was hoping to see someone finally mod the S4
Davida Marmet
Alright guys, I accidentally mislead you I believe. My Post is more of a "show your modded setup" than an s4 mod. My sincere apologies, like you i'm too afraid to really open my s4.

However, I did do extensive modding to my flight case.

http://merlin000.imgur.com/dj_flight_case#QNPyL

Posted more pictures here in my album.

Link for stock Flight Case: http://www.marathonpro.com/mamabaho2tui2.html

Basically the idea you can see from the 1st picture, I had made a custom wood inlay that would shield the built in computer and also house my 12'in mixer instead of the 19in that the case is made for.

After getting the S4 and going over some of the issues with the 1st mod, it was apparant that it could be redone but better with the S4. The following pictures show what the insides look like when the wood panel is removed and the extra gear is removed. Audio 6 and 12 mixer rendered obsolete, it freed up A TON of space in the center bay.

One main frustration we had was that the S4 IS NOT 19" rack mountable. No matter, we took out the rails, but still would not fit in the bay. Next we knocked out the center walls and ripped out the foam on the opposite sides of the walls. Installed newly painted plywood to reinforce and the old center walls just became a frame for the S4, a little bit of weather stripping on the inside to cushion and we're good to go.

The "laptop stand" aka : folding sheet of carpeted plywood was already measured and center cut out so that an old Samsung 17" monitor was mounted INSIDE the stand so that the computer inside could have a screen.

You'll also notice in the gallery that there is a 1U server blank that we have drilled holes into for rca pass thru jacks. That panel is mounted in the back of the case under the monitor so that you can access ALL of the rca ports on ALL of the devices including the turntables.

I understand that you have to attach jumpers before you gig, but you cannot imagine how often this panel has saved me issues w/ people wanting to use their own gear or me having to run my main output somewhere other than to the main amp.

Later you can see pictures of the whole package with the monitor up and down.
This was made for me to use and for my DJ crew to have a 1 stop box to throw on a table and have all of us mix on for the rest of the evening w/o having to swap gear for anyone. The only thing I don't have room for is a pair of cdj's but having the panel on the back allows for easy setup. I'm currently working a "table top" addon that will be a very low "top" that fill fit into the lip of the flight case to basically cover the turntables and provide a tabletop to put the cdj's on when people request them.

post thoughts, feedback, questions, I will try to follow this thread.

Again i'm sorry that i didn't open my S4 and post pics or mod it
Dino Hapgood
ugly photo but I put the whole turntable back together to make sure it worked. Also getting my x1600 tomorrow so I wanted to fully test it out with both turntables. Lights don't come in until like the 18th but I'll have fully painted my second deck by then so I'm not worried. The most annoying part of taking these things apart were the bottom screws. Sooo many fuckin screws.

anyway

gonna break out the D70 when I get everything together and take some nicer shots.
Era Roka
Originally Posted by Merlin000
I'm currently finishing my S4 mod w/ wiring and such and taking pictures along the way, will post when i have them added
please post your photo
Marva Cupid
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
What did you do to it?
+1 every one is to scared to take apart there s4 and mod it
Kiyoko Wellisch
What did you do to it?
Davida Marmet
I'm currently finishing my S4 mod w/ wiring and such and taking pictures along the way, will post when i have them added
Dino Hapgood
almost finished painting the first tech. Went with flat black. Much more forgiving than a gloss.

Before:

After:
Wayne Washko
more pics are desired.
please
Davida Marmet
Not sure if this is a big deal or not, but we did some...."minor" case modding to my flight case....pics incoming

Here is the progression from mixer/soundcard to S4!!!

http://merlin000.imgur.com/dj_flight_case#QNPyL

EDIT: oh yea, in case the monitor didn't give it away, there is a complete computer built in under the S4, more pics can be taken if desired ;p
Latoria Kavulich
Nice spotting lexion
Kristopher Salta
spam alert!

Did you not get the sarcasm in my previous post?
Ardell Semrad
I've given my VCI 100 the arcade button mod and I'm over the moon with it. I did the holes myself.

I've done a walk-through with photos for anyone who wants to follow it, see link bellow.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=34169

here's a photo of my VCI 100

all the best
Ian
Marcellus Androski
Originally Posted by etch
My midifighter inspired controllers, the WoofHIBA and WoofHIBA II

the larger isnt quite finished, two rotary encoders still need knobs (one isnt in controller yet, still to be wired up) and got some nice new caps for the faders, this is about to replace my VCI100SE as my out rig, custom mapping to follow shortly!

ones based around an old mac keyboard (the smaller one) and the larger is based around an Arduino Mega 2560 (LED feedback is one of the first mods to be made in the future)

Attachment 4632
I believe I'm in love with the Romeo y Julieta box! I got one in Dominican and if you allow me to, I'd love to adopt that design!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gilma Marchini
Originally Posted by rutierut
Were did you bought the connector?

Edit: srry didn't saw your other post, it's radioshack.
They carry Gold and Silver connectors in 1/8" and 1/4" with something like a $1 difference. It sounds really good and I can't notice any new noise (if your considering doing this too).
Era Roka
Originally Posted by tyfurious
More of a fix than a mod... 1/4 tip on my TMA's standard wire.

Were did you bought the connector?

Edit: srry didn't saw your other post, it's radioshack.
Gilma Marchini
More of a fix than a mod... 1/4 tip on my TMA's standard wire.

Kristopher Salta
Originally Posted by hambim336
Hi

You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.

That's great, bro.
Delmar Swamy
Basically took a bottle of ceramic paint and swung it around in splatters XD then a layer of matte clear coat
Era Roka
Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy
nice i really like the paint job, how did you do it ?
+1
Marva Cupid
nice i really like the paint job, how did you do it ?
Delmar Swamy
Pretty dark so You cant see it , but it's ust a custom paint job to My midi fighter and MK4 to match and I painted some of the knobs to the Mk4. I'm planning to Do A MF mod soon and rplace the Mk4 play and cue buttons with arcades adn remove the jog wheels

Percy Keehan
Added Rubber Grips to mount Midi Controllers have a discover dj for a nice 2 deck and sample deck scratching mapping

Brock Ricapito
that's deplorable.
Kiyoko Wellisch
That is one slick keyboard type thing you have there. I wish there were some cheaper controllers with the button layout.
Jacquiline Dua
Originally Posted by Kurbitur
A unicorn raped your gear? Its kinda odd but cool in a different way.
lol! Yeah the bright colors are not exactly my style.. Thats why I added some extra bits and peices to help it blend together.
I call it the Zombie Raver Vomit Mod.
The functionality is that 99% of it is UV reactive .. and most of it glows in the dark. I covered it with colored plastic and velcro. So I can label anything I need to .. Also the glow in the dark will hold a charge of 1 hour from 20 seconds of applying a black light. Thank goodness for hi powered black light flashlights

Ill take some pics of it under UV when the sun goes down, and then just glow.
I did the same to my cdj2000.. just not in the pic
Dacia Mccart
A unicorn raped your gear? Its kinda odd but cool in a different way.
Jacquiline Dua
Marva Cupid
Iv just thrown out an old ivory monitor, had that since we moved from SA, that was like around 10yrs ago now.
Lilliana Perris
besides that....its ugly.....the white gets dirty and is covered by a protective cover (unless he dumb ).

Dunno....the white tech went out with the ivory\cream colored computers.....

Remember when they were ALL ivory colored?

Nasty!
Marva Cupid
yeah thats stupid, my friend got one last evening and im like, you do know the iphone 5 is coming out shortly.
Lilliana Perris
LOL....yeah....like the white iPhone 4.....

NASTY!
Celestine Porebski
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
I really don't like white tech. Bluurgh.
I so wholeheartedly agree. Actually, believeing about it, I also don't like (and wear) white T-shirts or shoes. It's definitely not my color.
Marva Cupid
I don't mind it, some things it looks gimmicky and cheap, and some things it looks classy.
Kiyoko Wellisch
I really don't like white tech. Bluurgh.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy