Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HEREReply
Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE
Posted on: 06.05.2008 by
I want to start a thread where everyone can see all the custom gear that has been created by other djs here at Dj Tech Tools. Post a few photos of your set up and a brief description of what you did.
Sunny Falconio
These are some awesome mods..loved to have a look at all these. Thanks for sharing the pictures up here. Really appreciate that.
Aleida Pratap
Ableton is topping here
Jesica Baxley
here's my ableton monster controller....close to finished.jpg
Shanita Domhoff
Well, I've finished making my dj controller using 4 gamepads with 16 buttons and 2 analog sticks each. I use loopMIDI as the virtual MIDI port to use the signals from GlovePie as MIDI signals for Traktor Pro 2.

I've tried all the scripts I could find on the net, but all of them only support one joystick at a time. So, I tried changing the variables, and few buttons of the 2nd and 4th gamepad/joystick, but not all work.

So, I switched to fergo Joystick MIDI and got all 4 joysticks to work, but it supports only 12 buttons and 2 analogs each, which means I'm losing 4 buttons when the analog is turned on (the direction pad). GlovePie on the other hand, supports all the buttons and analogs, but I don't know the script for multiple joysticks.

Someone, please help me! fbonito, EanGolden you're my inspiration for this project! But Please someone help me with the script in GlovePIE for multiple gamepads to be used at the same time with MIDI outputs.
Candyce Parrinello
for playing vsts in Ableton1540308_274445276042686_896438701_o.jpg gotta keep those live sets interesting. the whammy bar is mapped to control bass wobble (16/8/4/2) and the latency is short enough that i could get off stage with it and not worry.
Galen Fraile
Not technically customized like all you crazy modders out there but I didn't know where to post my chroma caps and I love them so much ;-;
Eli Hergonz
just finished changing LEDs on VCI-100...it was painful
few errors as you can see in picture(desoldiering tool is a must but even then its hard to remove leds).
Its black vinyl but I will paint it black some day. Jogs are purple/white(when touched).
Leds(purple and wihite) are SUPER BRIGHT bought on ebay

Important...purple leds are sooooo heat-sensitive that I burn a lot of them.

Now just to save some cash for PURPLE or MAGENTA chroma caps, I cant decide which one

IMAG0063.jpgIMAG0065.jpgIMAG0066.jpgIMAG0067.jpgIMAG00641.jpg

ITS DONE!!!
Covered with CAR vinyl. Screws are painted in black.
THANK you DJTechTools for chroma caps. yummy

IMAG0309.jpgIMAG0310.jpg
DJ MENSAH
Originally Posted by Jamesfredette
All the stuff you guys have out here is absolutely awesome...mine is nowhere compared to all of you.
A gear is a gear, no matter how plentifull. Bunch of toys does not always imply a great performance.
Tracy Wansing
Originally Posted by typeomega
midi controller i built for under $20.00 using a PlayStation buzz trivia game controller for a brain and a lunchbox both found at goodwill and some chep'o buttons off e-bay. its using midi ox and midi joy to convert hid to midi.
IMG_20130605_170436.jpg
IMG_20130605_170451.jpg
this is crazy! love it
Izola Larose
midi controller i built for under $20.00 using a PlayStation buzz trivia game controller for a brain and a lunchbox both found at goodwill and some chep'o buttons off e-bay. its using midi ox and midi joy to convert hid to midi.
IMG_20130605_170436.jpg
IMG_20130605_170451.jpg
Salvatore Seepersad
Originally Posted by Akolite
Are you worried about the paint coming off with lots of use?
I was at first. I was going to use a glossy finish clear coat over the paint because I thought it would make the final coat slippery, but just before I sprayed it I realized that a glossy coat would actually be sticky. Instead, I sprayed the knobs with a matte finish clear coat, and it made them just the right feel. If the buttons begin to wear down, a touch up of the clear coat will prevent any paint from coming off.
Candyce Parrinello
for playing vsts in Ableton1540308_274445276042686_896438701_o.jpg gotta keep those live sets interesting. the whammy bar is mapped to control bass wobble (16/8/4/2) and the latency is short enough that i could get off stage with it and not worry.
Galen Fraile
Not technically customized like all you crazy modders out there but I didn't know where to post my chroma caps and I love them so much ;-;
Kellie Myrum
Good job!
Eli Hergonz
just finished changing LEDs on VCI-100...it was painful
few errors as you can see in picture(desoldiering tool is a must but even then its hard to remove leds).
Its black vinyl but I will paint it black some day. Jogs are purple/white(when touched).
Leds(purple and wihite) are SUPER BRIGHT bought on ebay

Important...purple leds are sooooo heat-sensitive that I burn a lot of them.

Now just to save some cash for PURPLE or MAGENTA chroma caps, I cant decide which one

IMAG0063.jpgIMAG0065.jpgIMAG0066.jpgIMAG0067.jpgIMAG00641.jpg

ITS DONE!!!
Covered with CAR vinyl. Screws are painted in black.
THANK you DJTechTools for chroma caps. yummy

IMAG0309.jpgIMAG0310.jpg
DJ MENSAH
Originally Posted by Jamesfredette
All the stuff you guys have out here is absolutely awesome...mine is nowhere compared to all of you.
A gear is a gear, no matter how plentifull. Bunch of toys does not always imply a great performance.
Karleen Kuzel
Tracy Wansing
Originally Posted by typeomega
IMG_20130605_170436.jpg
IMG_20130605_170451.jpg
this is crazy! love it
Tangela Jibril
This is my fully programmable controller i built for Motu's BPM software as they didnt build a controller for it. Best thing about it is that 5 mins in the built in editor and i can use it to control anything with its built in midi learn or using the internal editor. I use this thing to death.

and this is an MMC controller i built for controlling various studio gear and live setup using midi machine commands and other protocols.

Deangelo Boender
that's badass!
Izola Larose
IMG_20130605_170436.jpg
IMG_20130605_170451.jpg
Salvatore Seepersad
Originally Posted by Akolite
I was at first. I was going to use a glossy finish clear coat over the paint because I thought it would make the final coat slippery, but just before I sprayed it I realized that a glossy coat would actually be sticky. Instead, I sprayed the knobs with a matte finish clear coat, and it made them just the right feel. If the buttons begin to wear down, a touch up of the clear coat will prevent any paint from coming off.
Patria Fotos
Salvatore Seepersad
So after playing for a while with my NI setup, I realized the controls needed to be a little more visible for me in low light conditions. My first idea was Chroma Caps (of course), but I didn't really want to shell out $75 bucks to get this look. So I did it the old fashioned way. Here's what I used:

Rustoleum Gloss Enamel Blue
Rustoleum Gloss Enamel Yellow
Krylon Matte Finish Clear Coat
A black Sharpie permanent marker
A White paint pen (purchased from Michael's craft store)
Two styrofoam blocks (Michael's)
Three 1/8"x 1/8" square balsa wood dowels cut into 2" lengths (Michael's)
A handful of toothpicks (for the faders)

In all, I spent about $30 and a total of about 3 hours of work and 24 hours of drying time to make this happen. (Sorry Ean, even now-If I had the cash-I would still buy some Chroma Caps for this)
IMG_3361.jpg
IMG_3362.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3366.jpg
Hyun Dewese
Traktor S4 with DJTT Chromacaps

S4 #1.jpg
S4 #2.jpg
Coleman Dorival
45 Record mod, scratch feels amazing, so much more control over your tracks, and it looks so much better!
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by obsidiance
panda stencil is a nice touch as well!

i dont believe that looks too bad at all. only problem would be that the perm texta may rub off with excessive use, but then you can just write it on again i guess!
Originally Posted by maximumsportz
All white DDJ-S1 with ITCH

I'm more interested in the glossy KRK's in the background, what are those? :P
Klara Kinnebrew
Thanks patch. Im not sure where the fixation came from but I went on a week spree of making headphone cables. Back to mixing...
Brunilda Kora
Looks really nice, though.
Klara Kinnebrew
You got it. Regular shrink tube that you can get from any electronics store.
Brunilda Kora
Looks like standard heat-shrink tubing to me...
Jetta Drenzek
Originally Posted by William Gibson
Thanks buddy. I use 550 paracord. You take the nylon rope out from inside and you are just left with the sheathing.
That's awesome, but what I want to know is where you get the coloured sheathes for the jack plugs?
Klara Kinnebrew
Originally Posted by the shmobletons
those headphone cables look great.
Thanks buddy. I use 550 paracord. You take the nylon rope out from inside and you are just left with the sheathing. I get most of my cord from supply captain. let me know if you have any other questions.

EDIT, last one, I promise. ..

3 color blue braid. This one will be my new EDC ipod cord....

Treasa Maffucci
those headphone cables look great. mind if i ask where you got the wrap from? and what size/material it is?
Klara Kinnebrew
Originally Posted by mfuchs19
Looks great, and now I'm curious: do your TMA-1s have the locking headphone cable, and if so how did you get the new cable to lock?
Hope your little guy is happy to use your toys, seems like some great fun. I know it definitely entertains me
My TMAs do have the locking mechanism on them. All of the colab TMAs do (these being the Beatports). There is no way to lock the cables with aftermarket cables though.

A few things to note. There are TONS of headphones out there that use this same termination, a 3.5mm jack into the ear cup with NO LOCK. Most notably, The beats by Dre and all the V-MODA headphones among many many more. There really is no problem with the Jack coming out in a normal situation. I actually like a cord without a lock. It gives a "weak link" if the cord REALLY gets snagged on something. I would much rather have it pull right out of the cup then pull down my soundcard/ rip my ipod out of my pocket etc.

Glad you like it Mfuchs!

Here is another one I finished up last evening that is on my LP2s...

Under the cover, all neat.

All closed up

Jerlene Jernegan
Originally Posted by William Gibson
Thanks guys!
Looks great, and now I'm curious: do your TMA-1s have the locking headphone cable, and if so how did you get the new cable to lock?
Hope your little guy is happy to use your toys, seems like some great fun. I know it definitely entertains me
Klara Kinnebrew
Thanks guys!
Gilberte Boguslavsky
That blue headphone cable looks beautiful, and durable of course
Lilliana Perris
LOOOL...Nice one mate!
Klara Kinnebrew
Was bored today after about 3 hours of drumming with my son and was really liking the shade of blue that DJTT used on the USB cable. I realized I had some paracord in almost the exact same shade. So my mind started wondering...

I ended up making a new cable for my AIAIAIs and sheathed them. They sound great and IMO, Look great!

And because all he wanted to do when he got home from school was "play with dat thing..."

Mad Zach, Betta watch yo back!

:P

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy