Post your latest purchase!

Home :: General Discussion :: Post your latest purchase!Reply
Post your latest purchase!
Posted on: 08.01.2012 by Takisha Daugherty
I believe this would be a fun thread, what have you all bought recently?

Here's most of what I bought this past week, thanks to Christmas bonuses and gift cards:

(but with GREEN wheels )

and this t-shirt:

What about you?
Marcos Zelko

Dannielle Dingey
Agreed, but a pricey policy
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama
The only reason to add SSD to a LT or DT is speed....
And durability. I tend to treat my laptops pretty bad, and while I have good backups, I'd rather not have the downtime of having to replace a hard drive.

I already boot off an SSD, and I have for years. Heck, I only carry solid state storage with me (SSDs and USB sticks) at this point. The thought of carrying around a hard drive again terrifies me.
Wallace Lawmaster
DJTT Chroma Caps. Non-DJ related, Samsung Tablet.
Dannielle Dingey
Originally Posted by mostapha
I sitll have my jaw harp that I bought in 7th grade. Thing is beat to shit and makes me thing I'm going to get tetanus every time I play it.

BTW, I'm about to buy another 2TB external drive and a data doubler for my MBP
Dorie Scelzo
I sitll have my jaw harp that I bought in 7th grade. Thing is beat to shit and makes me thing I'm going to get tetanus every time I play it.

BTW, I'm about to buy another 2TB external drive and a data doubler for my MBP…just trying to decide whether I want the second drive to be a 320GB HDD that I have sitting around that I'd actually keep media (movies, more music, etc.) on or a 60 or 120GB SSD just for current production/recording projects and DJ music. I already have a 60GB SSD in a FW chassis that I use for that, but it'd be nice to not have to plug it in all the time………or I could use the existing SSD like that, I just kinda want a better one and it's old enough that I'm not sure I should be trusting it……

Decisions…decisions.
Fidelia Messing
ha ha. i am just trying to learn all the small and random instruments, and plus its good ear training when learning a new instrument
Lilliana Perris
LOL....you a cowboy?

Just teasin....I used to have a Jewish Harp aka Jaw Harp...aka Juice Harp.

guimbarde.jpg
Fidelia Messing
large.jpg

Hohner silverstar in A.

not the most exciting thing but felt like it would be a cool instrument to learn.
Somer Vanstraten
I just bought a big big big backpack for carrying my s2 + x1 + Mac, cost me around 13 euro
Like 16 dollars
Jenna Skeem
Originally Posted by GI Trackt
Novation Twitch and the Mono Kondensor backpack!! Finally a setup I'm hoping to stick with for a while :-)
did exaactly the same a few weeks ago tis greatt
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by djlotus
Christ Almighty Cybertrash, is your setup in a wood shop?
Hard cross light.

Most records don't look much better than that if the lighting is right. Sometimes it amazes me that they manage to play at all.
Latia Sotak
Originally Posted by Cybertrash

Some of Mr. Scruff's tea (if you can find it, check it out, it's pretty awesome) and moar film.
I'm a big fan of the Chilli/mint one!
Len Lukawski
Or crematorium.... Look! There's Great Uncle Peter.
Ira Alsadi

Shuuure <3

(Yes, I know, dusty-as-hell record)
Christ Almighty Cybertrash, is your setup in a wood shop?
Tatum Ansaldo
The headshell and cartridge I imagine
Len Lukawski

Shuuure <3

What did you actually buy?
Evelyn Navarijo

Shuuure <3

Barton Rigazio
Novation Twitch and the Mono Kondensor backpack!! Finally a setup I'm hoping to stick with for a while :-)
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by Liambo
@Mostapha..

Whats the reason for switch between Logic and Pro Tools?
Just preference. And realizing that my computer runs it despite not being Avid certified or whatever it's called. There's nothing wrong with logic, just a few things that bug me.

It's small things like being able to split a stereo send at its return point, better/faster (imho) editing tools, more straightforward transport controls, etc.. Plus, 10 has the channel strip off of the System 5 console as a plugin, which I really like. And the studio at school runs HD, so I don't have to get used to switching
Evelyn Navarijo

Some of Mr. Scruff's tea (if you can find it, check it out, it's pretty awesome) and moar film.
Palma Hanslip
@Mostapha..

Whats the reason for switch between Logic and Pro Tools?
Lisa Lochotzki
Nedra Fresneda
After wanting a unit since it's release, I'm picking up Maschine tomorrow
Dorie Scelzo

finally.

Apparently I've qualified for Student pricing the whole time, so there was no need to wait. But I didn't know that. Dang.

If I can find the box and install disks and stuff, my copy of Logic will be up for sale soon.
Verlene Geevarghese
jts.jpg

Custom built 1998 Kona Jake The Snake.
Erich Vallabhaneni
new bak
Vickey Fransway
Here is my first attempt at posting a pic to these community s, by day I am a photographer and dj when I can, here is my latest dj setup, I got individual cases but I don't like them so I have a coffin coming for them.

I'm sure they need no introduction, but it's a Rane Sixty Two Z and a couple of Denon 3900's. I am no turntablist but I have wanted to try it, I have always been disappointed with the scratching feel of cdj's and controllers. Boy do they feel different and my whole method of beat matching and DJ'ing feels strange. Not sure if I will get used to them or go back to CDJs.

7201343696_25d2dc3f9d.jpg

DJ XpoZur
Michell Wehrmeyer
25 HD II's, won't bother posting pictures because I'm assuming most of the community knows what those are
Evelyn Navarijo
Originally Posted by MyUsername
I spy with my eye some deep medi
Bought at www.chemical-records.com ?
Indeed
Ira Alsadi
What a disappointment this LP is. What's the point of skipless samples if there is an annoying beep in front of them. May turn this one right around and sell it to pick up a couple more DJ Rectangle breaks.
Ira Alsadi
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337019503.541585.jpg
Nereida Jasnoch

Glooriouss vinyyl....
I spy with my eye some deep medi
Bought at www.chemical-records.com ?
Evelyn Navarijo

Glooriouss vinyyl....
Nichelle Salls
Minimax Synth
Evelyn Navarijo
Damnit Xone...
Romelia Stankard
a couple hours ago

before that

Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by tekki
As long as you got to learn from it without any bone breaking, it's a solid experience.
Agreed. It takes a certain level of skill to not hurt someone when you're sparing like that…the ability to choose a power level and go, knowing what openings not to take, knowing how to defend yourself so you don't just get your nose broken 10 seconds in. The first 6 months of KM is just against kick/punch shields…no direct sparing except for some very basic grappling.
Random X
Originally Posted by mostapha
Nice. MT is legit. I did Krav Maga for a while and enjoy it when I get to spar.

I really hate boxing gloves, though. They're so freaking soft. Obviously, that's necessary for daily training, but they're annoying for anything resembling matches. I prefer MMA gloves + Headgear.

My Fraternity does fight evening s occasionally. They're always fun, but the fights almost always end up going to whoever has better lungs. The first time we did it, me and the other guy who did training (his was MT and BJJ) ended up having a lot of fun with cups, head gear, and MMA gloves…and a gentlemen's agreement not to throw any strikes that'd actually cause damage. Works a lot better than just slugging at each other for the whole time to no effect.

FTR, I lost that match. Got caught in an Americana with 10 seconds to go…took me an instant too long to realize you break it the same way you break a kimura…just upside down.

As long as you got to learn from it without any bone breaking, it's a solid experience.

Did some Kyokushin back in the day, but still believeing about picking up Luta Livre.

(Just found out, during a short sparring session with a brown belt judoka, that watching my brother and pops practice Judo in the dojo, and did the occasional playful fight/sparring at home with them when I was young gave me some build in judo throw-skills that were valid.
Ofcourse I'm lacking the finesse on the majority of locks, though with chokes I tend to find the arteries pretty quick.

This got me pretty excited and started to get me believeing to maybe pick up Luta Livre in the future.)

But toevening , it's WAR TOQUINO and WAR DIAZ! (And yeah, I hope Berry gets his first submission toevening .
Verlene Geevarghese

Rekindling the love for lacrosse. All of the college playoffs I've been watching is making me want to play again.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy