Post your latest purchase!

Home :: General Discussion :: Post your latest purchase!Reply
Post your latest purchase!
Posted on: 08.01.2012 by Takisha Daugherty
I believe this would be a fun thread, what have you all bought recently?

Here's most of what I bought this past week, thanks to Christmas bonuses and gift cards:

(but with GREEN wheels )

and this t-shirt:

What about you?
Francie Gindin
Love this thread! So much good stuff going on.

My latest purchase is a Xone 62 in perfect condition for not much money . As a side note it's amazing how different the EQ curves are between this and my Xone 22.
Debrah Arnaout
393649_10151128351395144_100423225143_22068971_1554632668_n.jpg

saw it in the "colored vinyl" thread and had to buy it. had no clue the vinyl looked like this. shits not available in US
Wallace Lawmaster
Originally Posted by mostapha
Please post how you like the novation
Marguerite Salsedo
Ordered this a little while back and it was sitting in the post box for me this morning, great start to the day

Photo on 2012-06-11 at 12.49.jpg
Side A: Tread This Land - Morphy & The Untouchables

Photo on 2012-06-11 at 12.49 #2.jpg
Side B: Raw Fi Dub - Flatliners

Cheeky 7" vinyl only release, previews of the above in case you're curious

http://soundcloud.com/45seven/4571a

http://soundcloud.com/45seven/4571aa
Random X
Originally Posted by MWagner
Attachment 10225

Just arrived today. Gonna be a long evening .

Nice one!
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by Patch
I love new cables.
I love good cables. I can't afford them most of the time, so I go with "good enough" and "not likely to break" and deal with them coiling badly.
Werner Bile
dfd 004.jpg

Just arrived today. Gonna be a long evening .
Brunilda Kora
I love new cables.
Len Lukawski
Oh yeah
Dorie Scelzo
Oh yeah
Len Lukawski
cables, cables, cables....
Romelia Stankard
My session.

He (he's a drummer) was playing my maschine hosted as a plugin in my copy of PT 10, monitored through the XMON attached to an HD2 rig running PT8. The only reason we were doing it there is because their genelecs are in a better room than my KRKs (more space and sounds better). It's barely worth the effort…it's just free for me. Next time we do it, we'll probably just be using computer speakers at his place.
what are you working on?
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by djdunamis
About to say, you want us to stand on our heads to see it, lol. There's several options for motorized faders without taking a loan out to buy. Command 8 and Avid has some new controllers as well for Pro Tools. Aren't you recording your Maschine into his session anyway?
My session.

He (he's a drummer) was playing my maschine hosted as a plugin in my copy of PT 10, monitored through the XMON attached to an HD2 rig running PT8. The only reason we were doing it there is because their genelecs are in a better room than my KRKs (more space and sounds better). It's barely worth the effort…it's just free for me. Next time we do it, we'll probably just be using computer speakers at his place.

I'll be mixing in there because of their monitors, but I'll just be bringing bounced audio files. There's no reason to track in there except the speakers.

About your suggestions…

The Command 8 is one of the ones being considered, along with the Avid Artist series stuff and some older gear that I might be able to find. A Tascam US-2400 would be one option, though it's missing scribble strips and a bit expensive. I just don't understand why you'd pay $300 for something that's just not as good when there are multiple options around $1000 that are easily 3-4 times better. But the $60 toy will keep me from racking up credit card debt I don't need until I can actually justify the expense. The top end I'd actually consider would be an SSL Nucleus…and that seems a bit extravagant for what it is compared to a couple Artist series controllers and a monitor controller.

I do wish that Maschine had an HUI emulation the way it emulates Mackie Control……except it's MC emulation didn't really work and kept glitching out with Logic. Endless encoders and scribble strips would be an easy choice if they were like $300. IDK…maybe it's worth trying a Remote SLmk2 and just ignoring the fader half……if I can get automap to do it.

About the console in that picture……The D-Control/D-Command controllers are really cool…but they are not worth their price just to have EQs and Compressors auto-mapped and a few extra rotaries per channel that never map sensibly. For the price of the D-Control, I'm pretty sure you can buy an entire Pro Tools HDX rig with Apogee converters and a very decent 24-channel analog console…and the price of the D-Control doesn't include the HD rig that it takes to run it or the XMON that it takes to make it half worthwhile.

The only reason to even believe about the better ones is that PT has 2 pan knobs for stereo channels…which is weird…but easily solvable using buses.

The difference between a few hundred and 1-5 grand is evening & day……the difference between 1-5 grand and 30 grand is tiny.
Sylvia Greener
There's several options for motorized faders without taking a loan out to buy. Command 8 and Avid has some new controllers as well for Pro Tools.
Some others are the Mackie Control Universal Pro (kind of classics) and the Icon Qcon Pro which goes very easy on the budget! For about 4200 bucks you will be able to buy a SSL Nucleus which has fantastic build-quality and 16 channels!
Wallace Lawmaster
Not bad for $60…and a lot better to write automation than the mouse. But, uhh…it's convinced me that I don't care about the Novation Remote Zero SL mk2 (or anything like it). I've decided that $60 is the most I'd pay for a DAW controller that doesn't have touch-sensitive and motorized faders……which sadly means that I'm looking for older, discontinued stuff or spending a couple grand when it's time to upgrade.

That's a friend of mine. That control surface is awesome if you don't have to pay $30,000 for it.

BTW…here's the sad thing. They own different plugins than I do……mostly maschine……which doesn't do iLok authorization. So, when tracking drums live from maschine, I have to use my computer. We're basically using $200,000 worth of hardware in a $150,000 sound proof room to send a stereo pair to the genelecs.

Edit: No, I don't know why the picture is upside down. tinypic apparently sucks.
About to say, you want us to stand on our heads to see it, lol. There's several options for motorized faders without taking a loan out to buy. Command 8 and Avid has some new controllers as well for Pro Tools. Aren't you recording your Maschine into his session anyway?
Dorie Scelzo

Not bad for $60…and a lot better to write automation than the mouse. But, uhh…it's convinced me that I don't care about the Novation Remote Zero SL mk2 (or anything like it). I've decided that $60 is the most I'd pay for a DAW controller that doesn't have touch-sensitive and motorized faders……which sadly means that I'm looking for older, discontinued stuff or spending a couple grand when it's time to upgrade.

I believe this is why:

That's a friend of mine. That control surface is awesome if you don't have to pay $30,000 for it.

BTW…here's the sad thing. They own different plugins than I do……mostly maschine……which doesn't do iLok authorization. So, when tracking drums live from maschine, I have to use my computer. We're basically using $200,000 worth of hardware in a $150,000 sound proof room to send a stereo pair to the genelecs.

Edit: No, I don't know why the picture is upside down. tinypic apparently sucks.
Edit: image re-hosted on GT webspace. I didn't have access to it the first time because I was off campus and they stopped allowing ssh/scp access to the web server for some stupid reason related to their "grand plan" to fuck over students, faculty, and alums.
Dorie Scelzo
Also have a Novation 25 SL MKII and Maschine coming for production.
Please post how you like the novation…I'm seriously considering picking one up (probably the zero model) to control pro tools (because Maschine won't do HUI, and pro tools won't do mackie control).
Ardell Vanvooren
Just came in today

Same here, got mine on Monday.

Versailles-20120606-00396.jpg
Random X
Thanks, and I do believe this is one of the best mice I have ever had!
Erich Vallabhaneni
^ nice mouse, I use the same one and love it. Cool instagram filter too! lol
Random X
A Razer Deathadder

Wallace Lawmaster
Also have a Novation 25 SL MKII and Maschine coming for production.
Wallace Lawmaster
Just came in today

Sylvia Greener
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
The good news is production cured my DJ gear addiction. The bad news is production gear and synths are a bottomless pit, and modular is the worst of it.
So true! Fortunately, I am not yet at the point where it comes to buying modular synths.
+1 for the Phatties
Romelia Stankard
Yeah, but the voyager EB and RME are just so freaking pretty.
Oh yeah, the RME should just be priced at $1,600 tops. They also have issues with tuning and you pretty much need to send them back to moog since they are hard to service and don't have any auto tuning or self tuning like the phattys.
Dorie Scelzo
Yeah, but the voyager EB and RME are just so freaking pretty.
Romelia Stankard
The good news is production cured my DJ gear addiction. The bad news is production gear and synths are a bottomless pit, and modular is the worst of it. At least with DJ gear you can easily get to a point where there just isn't any more gear you could cram into one setup.

Still this should be fun- at least you can space out modules and there is some incredible performance you can't get anywhere else in modules for a couple hundred bucks. It's a much better value than some of the ridiculously overpriced monosynths like the moog voyager.
Dorie Scelzo
Yeah…me neither. I feel like it's actually getting better to some degree…I don't actually want anything on the DJ side at the moment. Except black crack.

The production side is a bit of another story, though. Still…plans << dreams. God help me if I got into modular.
Romelia Stankard
I'm not very good at holding onto money.
Dorie Scelzo
Congrats, xone & otacon.
Albertina Fay
Originally Posted by Otacon
Finally gave in. 13' mbp 500gb hd and 4g ram
you will now see the difference.
Romelia Stankard

plus a bunch of cables
Erich Vallabhaneni
Finally gave in. 13' mbp 500gb hd and 4g ram
Dorie Scelzo
I bought a very small pile of vinyl from a used shop: couple old acid tracks from like '96 and a couple hip hop tracks I want to sample some vocals from.

Man, I miss proper dance record stores. Going through 300 crappy $2 r&b singles and albums to find the 4 cool dance records in a shop that caters to folk and "world music" collectors is much more relaxing than trolling beatport, but it's just not the same.

And, seriously, why do all the online record shops' websites suck?
Evelyn Navarijo
Not buying a lot of DJ gear these days (except vinyl...). Camera stuff on the other hand (analog stuff is so cheap and wonderful...)

Bought the cable release, owned the camera for a while (passed down from my mum).
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by brian_johnstone
ive got one of these sitting in my front room... cant play it for the life of me but it makes a cool noise!!
It's a lot like singing. Pitch is more or less the amount of space in your mouth/throat/chest cavities and volume is a combination of how hard you flick the thing and how you're breathing.
Golden Faubert
Originally Posted by sarasin
LOL....you a cowboy?

Just teasin....I used to have a Jewish Harp aka Jaw Harp...aka Juice Harp.

Attachment 9742
ive got one of these sitting in my front room... cant play it for the life of me but it makes a cool noise!!

on topic: moved to serato and love it... won't look back!!
Julianna Riecken
This and a decksaver for my S4, I mentioned in another thread that Juno.co.uk are giving free decksavers away with the F1 and there is a 10% off kit til June 5th with code SUMMER12

Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama
Agreed, but a pricey policy
Enh. I don't know why people want to have as much storage on their laptop as they do at home. That just makes me never want to do anything at my desk. My 120 was like $400 when it was a relatively new design and it freaking screams. Now it costs $220 and came with a 5 year warranty.

It might have been expensive when I got it, but I don't consider $220 for that drive the least bit extravagant.
Janette Liposky
Audio 8 2nd hand off ebay good deal

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy