MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3Reply
MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3
Posted on: 29.04.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This is an update to the Instant Gratification Mapping (see the original thread here http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=24514). This update to the mapping fixes the following bugs:

• T3 Delay LED not working on Deck D
  • If FX3 is a Single effect and you activate the Beatmasher supercombo (by pressing all 4 Mash buttons) it would toggle the Trans effect on while it switched FX3 from a Single to a Group/Chained effect. You could not release the Trans effect unless you triggered the supercombo again. I most commonly ran into this problem when using the Slice function on the VCI-100 together with the MF IG mapping.

If anyone finds anything else you consider to be a bug, please comment on this thread. Thanks!
Ella Rick
Hey January,

I know that when you hold the shift button and the efx button at the
same time that holds that effect on until you press the button again.

This works on the deckelized mapping not sure bout IG Mapping as I don't use it

Hope this helps
Maryalice Zwahlen
yeah, it aint the biggest issue, but since it doesnt always happen it can be bit bad, if you want to us a sweep and some other FX and then just when the beat drops you wanna let go, but dont know whether one or two FX will still be on or not. can ruin a drop...
Delmar Swamy
I now what you talking about there with the FX, It seems to happen when you hold down certain combos of buttons. I'm trying to figure out what causes it. I dont find it to be a problem because they seem to tune down when you let go
Maryalice Zwahlen
nobody?

Regarding #4, I wonder why only some FX stay on and you have to click them again to release...? Namely both sweeps (second row from top, third button from left and bottom row, third button from the left) as well as all other FX in the bottom row. But again: this only happens sometimes. How can that be fixed?
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by JanuaryOne
Im loving this mapping to bits, pure madness, it is insane, cant express how sick that shit is, im loving it to bits!
HOWEVER, i have a few things I need ur help with:

1. second row from the top, far left button: it aint triggering a reverb, but sets a 16 bar loop. How do i get the reverb there?

2. the bank button to store an ongoing effect doesnt work, at least not always. Does it only work on certain FX combos or does it not work on certain FX at all, what the story with that?

3. Id like to have tempo adjustment/-bend options in the first row as well as the possibility to move a loop forward and backwards - if I dont have that option I will still need another controller to do that for me, but Id like to have everything in the MF, could i just manually map that in before i destroy the whole thing?

4. Sometimes the effects just randomly stay on without pressing the bank button. its not a big problem but it seems to be a bug and has the potential to really mess up a drop...anyone a fix?

5. ive heard you guys drop that the FX mapping changes or is not available if i change to external mixing mode is that correct?

6. are there any hints for the other four combos?
Okay, some issues I could resolve myself:
1. reverb issue, i dont really care too much anymore, but if anyone knows how to do it, just let me know.

2. and 4. Dont need FX staying on anymore i believe, but the fact that some FX stay on without wanting them to stay on is a bit weird, then u just have to press the button again to release it, is that a bug?

3. Tempo adjustments are on the bottom row (with shift). The "loop move" function ill try to map into there somewhere, shouldnt be a problem right?

5. and 6. anyone suggestions?
Maryalice Zwahlen
Im loving this mapping to bits, pure madness, it is insane, cant express how sick that shit is, im loving it to bits!
HOWEVER, i have a few things I need ur help with:

1. second row from the top, far left button: it aint triggering a reverb, but sets a 16 bar loop. How do i get the reverb there?

2. the bank button to store an ongoing effect doesnt work, at least not always. Does it only work on certain FX combos or does it not work on certain FX at all, what the story with that?

3. Id like to have tempo adjustment/-bend options in the first row as well as the possibility to move a loop forward and backwards - if I dont have that option I will still need another controller to do that for me, but Id like to have everything in the MF, could i just manually map that in before i destroy the whole thing?

4. Sometimes the effects just randomly stay on without pressing the bank button. its not a big problem but it seems to be a bug and has the potential to really mess up a drop...anyone a fix?

5. ive heard you guys drop that the FX mapping changes or is not available if i change to external mixing mode is that correct?

6. are there any hints for the other four combos?
Sharyn Prado
For some reason when I use the beatmasher, it holds for 4 bars then appears to move a bar and keeps repeating, I dont know why this is happening its really annoying and Im contemplating going back to the deckalized focus for mashing up.
Maile Dekerlegand
- penny drops -

I had though before 4 banks mode was referring to the # of effect banks enabled in the Traktor settings.

Now I see that not only does Traktor need to be setup for this but also the MF itself via a little on-board hardware mapping config via it's 'Menu mode'.

So then, thanks for the response and for any other N00bs getting frustrated out there read this before asking further....

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9961

Thanks DJTT
Tatum Ansaldo
read my reply in post 26 of this thread.
Maile Dekerlegand
btw i'm using the MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3 .tsi
Maile Dekerlegand
Hi there, I just bought a MidiFigher off DJTT about two weeks ago and I use it with TS1.2.7

I can't get the mapping to work properly with Deck B.

Have tried numerous times importing using the button below the .tsi twice.
Imported all settings except GUI layout
Have set all ports to 'midi fighter'

Deck A works fine as far as I can tell.

Pressing buttons while in Deck B only ever seems to activate Effect Bank 1 FX (when pressing top 4 buttons, and 2 FX on the fourth of these...) but never 3 FX or 4 FX.

So as an example, the row of buttons second from the bottom triggers the beat masher fine when Deck A is in focus but when Deck B is in focus all the buttons do is turn on the FX banks for Deck A and turn off any currently enabled on FX for Deck B. Deck B FX 2,3&4 never get activated.

I've racked my brain, compared mapping parameters from Deck A to B for the same beatmasher functions... man I just don't get what I could be doing wrong and I will go to bed feeling defeated by technology..... ;(

Couldn't be the firmware could it? The MF is only a couple of weeks old...
Petronila Mothershead
In the instant gratification mapping, it's set up so that certain buttons load and activate preset fx.

How do i set, save, and then map to midi my own fx settings?
Tatum Ansaldo
it's because of the order in which settings are imported and applied. The mappings go in before the effects, so if the effects are in the wrong order or not all enabled then different ones apply. Hence the need for a double import, and hence the fact that the other import method doesn't work because it only imports controller mappings.
Darla Bosack
INDEED!

Use the import button at the left bottom corner of the configuration screen!

If you don't do that, the buttons will map to different effects.

Where can we find more about the reason behind this?
Tatum Ansaldo
Guys, if you've changed your mappings for the S4, or you're using other controllers then first use the big export button and save your controller mappings somewhere. Then use the big import button (look in my sig) and import the MF mapping TWICE. Restart Traktor. Then reimport your backed up mappings using add>import instead of the big import button.

If you haven't changed your S4 mapping then you don't need to back up, as unplugging the S4 then plugging it in again should reload the default mapping.
Merry Piesik
Originally Posted by flashflooder
make sure to import the effect settings when you import the tsi (using the large import button on the bottom left of preferences). in some cases you need to do this import twice for the effect settings to load correctly.
flashflooder, I had imported the tsi file initially by hidding the add then import button under the midi fighter in the controller manager. I made sure the ports for all the decks were set to the midi fighter both in and out.

I then clicked the import button at the bottom left of preferences and loaded them again. This caused my S4 settings to disappear and the S4 stopped working. I closed Traktor and loaded it again and the S4 works but the effects at the top look different (I suppose this is normal).

My questions are:
1) How do you import midi fighter mappings without erasing S4 settings?
2) Like others in this thread, the effects aren't as described in the picture for me:

bottom row: left to right:
Flanger flux - Flanger flux - T3 Delay - LOFI

2nd row from bottom: left to right:
Delay - delay - delay - delay

3rd row :
iceverb - beatmasher - filter - gather (shape)

How do I get this to work like it should? Thanks!
Tyree Copping
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
You need to enable 4 banks internal mode, the guide is in the Midifighter how tos sticky > using the midifighter in menu mode.
that how to is in chinese to me i can't access to the menu i'm goin crazy with it

YEAHHHHHHH FINALLY SOLVED THANX YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
Tyree Copping
hummm i just bought one new it came 2 days ago how do u do that of the 4 decks i'm pretty lost.
Tatum Ansaldo
I assume you mean external mixing mode, in which case don't worry, the 2 are completely unconnected. 4 banks external mode is only for people who have added an extra 4 buttons to their Midifighter.
Jude Tomal
But I want to use it in external mode..
Tatum Ansaldo
You need to enable 4 banks internal mode, the guide is in the Midifighter how tos sticky > using the midifighter in menu mode.
Jude Tomal
Originally Posted by navid
same is happening to me the 4 bottons on top are not working properly maybe it is because i couldn't update the firmware of midifighter
I have a brand new midi fighter. And I believe there is the newest firmware on it - isn't it?!
Tyree Copping
same is happening to me the 4 bottons on top are not working properly maybe it is because i couldn't update the firmware of midifighter
Jude Tomal
Hi everybody!

Finally I have my very own Midi Fighter.
TS Pro2 installed on a Win Vista Laptop.
Imported this mapping twice.
Everything is working properly, but only on deck a!

Nothing happens to deck b..

What am I doing wrong??

Cheers,
Kaylab
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by rolekul
I've tried putting the MIDI Fighter in internal four bank mode and tried installing the latest firmware. Whenever I try to import any .tsi none into Traktor none of the mappings are installed and the list is blank. I've tried importing the .tsi twice and still nothing.
Are you using Traktor Pro version 1.2.4 or greater (i.e., more recent)?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Mi.Lo
the first time i trigger the beatmasher combo, pressing the fourth button, the transpose scratch is not triggered, it just increases the value of the beatmasher FX to the fourth step.
After i do that one time, the transpose scratch is correctly triggered.
Sometimes happens even if is not the first time i try to use the combo.
What's most likely happening is that you either have changed FX bank 3 to a Single effect or you have changed the FX3 grouped slot where the "transpose stretch" lives to a different effect.

Unfortunately Traktor is a little dumb and when you try to change the FX panel mode or the FX selection while also trying to trigger on the effect, it will not activate the effect unless the fx panel mode and fx selection are already what it expects.

As a result, it sometimes takes one press of an effect (or in this case doing a supercombo) once to make sure the effect settings are properly set up so it will activate it the next time.

For those of you using our VCI-100 mapping with the MF Instant Grat mapping, you will commonly run into this when using the "Slicer" on the VCI-100 and Supercombos (the beatmasher one especially) on the MF mapping.

Hopefully NI will fix this eventually.
Gloria Lemmel
Originally Posted by soundCrapuul
I finally got my midifighter and I'm trying to get the Instant Gradification Mapping working. But unfortunately it doesn't work. Midifighter is in four banks mode, has the latest firmware and I've reinstalled Traktor pro2.

What happens is when I'm pressing a button others buttons are going on and I hear no effect. Very strange. I also tried the 1.0.2 mapping without any result.
I had a similar problem. If you can get into menu mode, go to the LED preferences, turn them off, quit menu mode, restart, enter menu mode and turn them on again. It did the job for me.
Janella Schlappich
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Can you please describe the "bug" on the beatmasher combo? I am not aware of this and as based on my testing, I have not experienced any other major bugs.
the first time i trigger the beatmasher combo, pressing the fourth button, the transpose scratch is not triggered, it just increases the value of the beatmasher FX to the fourth step.
After i do that one time, the transpose scratch is correctly triggered.
Sometimes happens even if is not the first time i try to use the combo.
Ignacio Ellerbroek
Hey, thanks alot for doing this and providing it to us! This is really cool. For anyone having problems with effects not loading properly load the tsi over again until u see the effects appear properly. I had the same issue but like Ean says in the video u may have to load it twice so i did then it worked great. Are u working on anything else? I have a great traktor pro 2 mapping for the maschine with two decks and two sample decks with sample deck triggers, and a sampler mode similar to the vci-100 and other effect controls. If u need something like that i would be glad to hook u up. Thanks again man.
Erminia Hennis
Originally Posted by rolekul
I've tried putting the MIDI Fighter in internal four bank mode and tried installing the latest firmware. Whenever I try to import any .tsi none into Traktor none of the mappings are installed and the list is blank. I've tried importing the .tsi twice and still nothing.
to fuzzy to see. but i have it kind of working.
my unit will not hold the fx like the demo said it can. when you press fx buttons and hit the top row to freeze the sound. well instead of holding the sound fx at that point it just turns off the effect that is on the bottom row.. idk im using NI stuff and its a lil glitchie.. but as a generic controller in serato its fine. just can map like i want to in serato.
Candida Centurion
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Mi.Lo
i found the "bug" on the beatmasher supercombo pretty annoying... if there is a way to fix it.... the mapping would be flawless
Can you please describe the "bug" on the beatmasher combo? I am not aware of this and as based on my testing, I have not experienced any other major bugs.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Audeo
Still got the problem with:

Combo 4
Massive Wash Out Thing
Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then release then hold 3 again then press and hold 4

When the combo is done pretty quickly, the transpose effect in FX3 stays on..
It usually goes to 0 pretty fast, but when stuck at, lets say, 20, it really messes up the sound.
I've been trying to replicate this bug and I simply can't get it to happen. Is there any specific pattern causing this to happen and can you replicate it every time you try?
Genesis Cayetano
Photojojo you've saved my day. I had imported the mapping just once, so twice was the solution.
Setting the in/out ports to the MF in each one solved the LED problem.
Imogene Modradian
Also, make sure that your Midi Fighter is set to Channel 3. Somehow I managed to get mine changed to Channel 4 after a reflash and it took me a while to figure out why Instant Gratification suddenly didn't work.
Leeanna Ayla
Are in four banks internal or external? You need to be in internal. Did you use the big import button and do it twice? you should have four different MF mappings in the controller manager so you'll need to set the in/out ports to the MF in each one.
Genesis Cayetano
I finally got my midifighter and I'm trying to get the Instant Gradification Mapping working. But unfortunately it doesn't work. Midifighter is in four banks mode, has the latest firmware and I've reinstalled Traktor pro2.

What happens is when I'm pressing a button others buttons are going on and I hear no effect. Very strange. I also tried the 1.0.2 mapping without any result.
Janella Schlappich
i found the "bug" on the beatmasher supercombo pretty annoying... if there is a way to fix it.... the mapping would be flawless
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by glmillz
please for the love of god someone tell me the link i should go to to set this thing up.
You download the tsi attached to the first post and import it in Traktor.
Elden Baun
please for the love of god someone tell me the link i should go to to set this thing up.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy