MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3Reply
MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3
Posted on: 29.04.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This is an update to the Instant Gratification Mapping (see the original thread here http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=24514). This update to the mapping fixes the following bugs:

• T3 Delay LED not working on Deck D
  • If FX3 is a Single effect and you activate the Beatmasher supercombo (by pressing all 4 Mash buttons) it would toggle the Trans effect on while it switched FX3 from a Single to a Group/Chained effect. You could not release the Trans effect unless you triggered the supercombo again. I most commonly ran into this problem when using the Slice function on the VCI-100 together with the MF IG mapping.

If anyone finds anything else you consider to be a bug, please comment on this thread. Thanks!
Rey Holubar
There is no way to help you with that explanation and not even seeing what your mapping does. Try to explain in more detail again.

Edit/- And I'd start a new thread in the S4 community , if I were you. No one will answer such a question here.

scamo
Lani Melian
I Got a problem here . I following the Video Midi Fighter Instant Gratification Mapping to mapping on my S4 and Traktor Pro 2. u saw got signal on CTRL in Traktor But. the Effect is does't Work . What The Problem i Can't Settle It ?
Valery Ellick
An even easier way to get into 4 banks mode, use the Midi Fighter Utility: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=36799
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by Solluna
Yeaa i was looking at that earlier
didn't get it at first
but finally got it working
your welcome.
Mohammed Penalba
Yeaa i was looking at that earlier
didn't get it at first
but finally got it working
Joesph Kasian
Thanks, but I read like 3 pages of it.
i just dont get what 4 banks mode is
is it 4D int. mixer?
cause I did that, when i read about people who had my same problem
but all the top row windsup doing is fx on deck B
I'll read all 12 pages, but as long as i dont know what 4banks mode is/how to set it up
it just will be basically be like reading gibberish.
I Have decks A-D's mappings
i just don't get it sorry, I'll keep reaing though thanks
You set it up by going into menu mode on your Midi Fighter matey - outlined here - http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=9961

Then you press certain button combos so the third row down/2 lights on the right of that row are lit up. Exit. Boot up traktor and it'll be in 4-bank mode, which means each button at the top of the midi fighter controls that deck; button 1 = Deck A, button 2 = Deck B and so on.
Jordon Atterholt
I will be buying an S4 soon,and im believeing about getting a MF too,to use it with this mapping.My question is,can i use it along with the default S4 mapping,and not lose the tight integration,HID,and all that when i load the mapping?Do my S4 needs to be in MIDI mode to be working with other mappings?
Mohammed Penalba
Thanks, but I read like 3 pages of it.
i just dont get what 4 banks mode is
is it 4D int. mixer?
cause I did that, when i read about people who had my same problem
but all the top row windsup doing is fx on deck B
I'll read all 12 pages, but as long as i dont know what 4banks mode is/how to set it up
it just will be basically be like reading gibberish.
I Have decks A-D's mappings
i just don't get it sorry, I'll keep reaing though thanks
Joesph Kasian
Downloaded the mapping and works perfectly fine, but i can't figure out how to get the settings to switch from deck A to deck B
I see in the jpg that it says to hold down the fsecond button,
but just isnt working for me
Just to save the pain you of you being attacked by everyone for not bothering to read the replies properly - you have to set it up into 4-bank mode, which you do in the menu - read the replies in this thread, yes all 12 pages, and by the end you will have it working.
Mohammed Penalba
Downloaded the mapping and works perfectly fine, but i can't figure out how to get the settings to switch from deck A to deck B
I see in the jpg that it says to hold down the fsecond button,
but just isnt working for me
Tawanna Duchane
hey guys,
I dont really know what to expect by asking this question but anyway..
Will the midi fighter plus this mapping work with the Novation Twitch? I mean there is a mapping that allows the twitch to work using traktor pro so will this mapping still work?
Thanks heaps for any help
Ema Screws
Originally Posted by FreebirdRising
Also; Filter:92 is actually set to Filter and Reverb is Iceverb...
I have the same problem! I got at friday my new midfighter classic import the files, set to 4 banks mode etc.. all seem to work but they are not the effects that EAN has in the video!

I have also Filter:92 is actually set to Filter and Reverb is Iceverb...

What can i do ? exist a new mapping like 1.0.4 for T2 PRo ? If now how can i fix the problem how can i remap ?

Has anyone a how to for this or maybe a fixed tsi for T2 Pro >2.1

Thank you !
Rey Holubar
It could be the order, when you import different mappings.

Or it could be another issue. I believe the effect name you see in a mapping is actually translated to a certain value and this value is translated to an effect within the software. With the addition of more effects in TP 2.1.0, for example, the translation to the proper effect gets messed up, because the new effects were added in between the old ones changing their values on the software side. That means, if the mapping was made for a pre-2.1 version of Traktor (and I believe this mapping was made before TP2.1), it won't work right with 2.1 or higher (you get improperly selected effects). The only way to fix the mapping is to remap the selected effects to work correctly with 2.1 or better. It isn't really hard to (re)set the effects in the mapping either.

I could be wrong too. I am definitely not certain this is a true issue. It just seems that way because of the complaint like yours and also with some of the work I did with this mapping and migrating it to the Maschine on Traktor 2.1.1. Anyone with more experience, please speak up, if what I am saying is wrong.

scamo
Marquetta Gniewek
So it's about the order of the effects, not the actual name of the effects? How bizarre! The depth of how poorly designed this software is astounds me.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions for me.
Rey Holubar

Your going to have to make sure the order of effects in Traktor are correct for the midi-fighter.

Here is the order: http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post413528

If your effects aren't in that order, then change them and then see of the MF is working properly. If it does, then load any other mappings over the Controller Manager's import function.

scamo
Marquetta Gniewek
But if it doesn't work with the midi fighter, why would it work with another device?
Rey Holubar
Then you should import any second or third devices over the import function in the controller manager.

scamo
Marquetta Gniewek
No, I mean using two controllers at once. If I import the mapping from the big button, it clears any other devices that are loaded - I can't even get keyboard and MF settings loaded at the same time and have it all be properly functional.
Rey Holubar
Why would you import it into your own custom mapping? If the mapping is for another midi device, then that is not the right thing to do. You'll have to make sure your mapping uses the effects order according to the MF mapping and import them as separate devices.

scamo
Marquetta Gniewek
What a bizarre bug. I was certain I had imported it multiple times. I've been going back and forth between a custom mapping and the IG mapping and I must have gotten lazy on the load-twice thing. When I first read about the bug I thought it was the actual FX settings, not the settings that the mapping would choose. So strange... NI really needs to fire their programming staff - or at least the project manager! The shit that's gotten out the door with this software, and no periodic updates to fix it, is completely unreasonable.

Any idea if this affects any other parts of the mapping? If I import it into my custom mapping for my other controller and just fix the FX selection will it otherwise be alright?
Maya Burchart
Originally Posted by FreebirdRising
I was having the exact same issue. I did not import correctly and instead used the Import button from the drop-down menu on the Controller Management tab. Import correctly TWICE, add the S4 and you are good to go... (Currently on Traktor Pro 2.1.2)
Rey Holubar
I am not totally sure about this, but it might be the issue of NI adding new effects to Traktor in Version 2.1 and the mapping being made for an older version (pre 2.1) and not taking into account there are more effects.

scamo
Marquetta Gniewek
Originally Posted by scamo
Did you import the mapping with the big import button twice?

scamo
Yes. Importing the mapping changed the FX to what I expected they would be according to the graphic at the beginning of this thread. Actually using the FX changes it to the different ones, as I described.

The actual mapping definitions for the button presses are what is loading different FX than expected.
Rey Holubar
Did you import the mapping with the big import button twice?

scamo
Marquetta Gniewek
No comment from the mappers?
Marquetta Gniewek
Marquetta Gniewek
Just digging through the mapping and I noticed that the "Instant Delay T3 Eff Select" entry chooses Beatmasher 2 for it's effect and NOT T3 Delay... Is that intentional?

My apologies if it's in there somewhere - these things are not that readable.
Elnora Wisegarver
I can not download file on my mac, but i can download on my pc any help .

Got it .
Leslee Zaccagnini
Just a simple question, Please help!
Does this mapping requires 4 Banks External mode or 4 Banks Internal mode?

I am really new to MIDI Fighter stuff! Thanks in Advance!
Susanne Scharon
SORTED http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzbC...eature=related
Susanne Scharon
Sorry guys noobie MF user here. I am having the exact same problem Can anyone tell me can i control deck B with this mapping? I can get FX bank 1 on deck B only. I can get all 4 banks to work on deck A. Also I can't get the effects to hold/tail in a deck if i hit one of the top four arcade buttons. I have done everything in the instant grat video step by step, downloaded the latest firmware and installed the midi-fighter utility.
Thanks in advance guys.
Edit Report
Mckenzie Deshmukh
I am running Traktor Pro 2.1.1 with a fresh config and it indeed is an issue. Once 4 FX is enabled is when this occurs. This is not related to the Midi Fighter whatsoever. I have verified with five other individuals also running Traktor Pro 2.1.1 this is still an existing issue.

*Also still occurs in the new 2.1.2.

Originally Posted by flashflooder
I just tested this and I don't have any issue toggling on/off FX Banks 1 or 2 onto any of the decks by using the FX /FX2 buttons under the Gain encoders.

However, I remember this being an issue with the initial S4 software that comes bundled with the S4 controller (i.e., either the FX1 or FX2 activate buttons worked and not both). I'm not sure when this issue was fixed, but it is not present in the latest version of Traktor Pro 2 and I would upgrade your software first to attempt to solve this problem.

If you guys are referring to the inability to activate FX banks 3 and 4 on the S4, that is more of an issue with the design of the S4 and the default mapping.

Lastly, if some of you are noticing the Midi Fighter mapping making it such that you can't put an FX bank on multiple decks at the same time, the reason for this is that the mapping turns the FX banks off all the other decks you are not controlling so that when you activate an effect on the deck selected (indicated by one of the 4 banks mode LEDs), you only hear the effect sound on that deck. Otherwise you would have to remember to turn the FX bank off decks and this would often result in people putting effects on other decks when they don't mean to.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by letstango
That's partially true. I noticed that after loading the Instant gratification mapping onto my S4 I can't seem to use both effect trays on a single deck from my S4. Basically, I can only turn effects tray 1 on and off on deck a, but cannot turn effects tray 2 on on it. Similarly, I can turn effects tray 2 on and off on deck b, but cannot turn effects tray 1 on on it.
I just tested this and I don't have any issue toggling on/off FX Banks 1 or 2 onto any of the decks by using the FX /FX2 buttons under the Gain encoders.

However, I remember this being an issue with the initial S4 software that comes bundled with the S4 controller (i.e., either the FX1 or FX2 activate buttons worked and not both). I'm not sure when this issue was fixed, but it is not present in the latest version of Traktor Pro 2 and I would upgrade your software first to attempt to solve this problem.

If you guys are referring to the inability to activate FX banks 3 and 4 on the S4, that is more of an issue with the design of the S4 and the default mapping.

Lastly, if some of you are noticing the Midi Fighter mapping making it such that you can't put an FX bank on multiple decks at the same time, the reason for this is that the mapping turns the FX banks off all the other decks you are not controlling so that when you activate an effect on the deck selected (indicated by one of the 4 banks mode LEDs), you only hear the effect sound on that deck. Otherwise you would have to remember to turn the FX bank off decks and this would often result in people putting effects on other decks when they don't mean to.
Mckenzie Deshmukh
Alright here we go!

As we know, the IG mapping requires 4 FX mode to be enabled. The problem is once 4 FX is enabled you cannot load FX 2 onto Decks A and C and FX 1 onto Decks B and D with the enable buttons on the S4 itself. Looks like the following TSI re-enables this to work with the S4 when in 4 FX mode.
http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=106

The caveat is the LEDs do not still work properly but the feature works again. By enabling Filter + Key + Gain + Cue + Balance under preferences, mixer will show if the FX is enabled or not.

That's partially true. I noticed that after loading the Instant gratification mapping onto my S4 I can't seem to use both effect trays on a single deck from my S4. Basically, I can only turn effects tray 1 on and off on deck a, but cannot turn effects tray 2 on on it. Similarly, I can turn effects tray 2 on and off on deck b, but cannot turn effects tray 1 on on it.
Charmain Mainor
how did you resolve the issue? i have the same problem
Mckenzie Deshmukh
I am having this exact problem!

Christy Orlow
Originally Posted by scamo
I believe, if you change the preset effects the MF sets with the S4, then you just have to press the Deck A button (or B button or what ever deck you want to control) on the MF to reset the effects back to what the MF uses. So to answer your question, the MF mapping won't affect S4's controlling of the effect banks. You could say they work in parallel.

scamo
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by ToneDeaf
Hi Just found out how to put my MF into four decks mode, but still no change. I also tried to update the firmware and it failed saying it can't find a Midi Bootloader mode.
Any ideas?
Make sure that uv got the latest version of the mf utility installed..

What kind of error r u getting? More details please..
Yolande Doliner
Hi Just found out how to put my MF into four decks mode, but still no change. I also tried to update the firmware and it failed saying it can't find a Midi Bootloader mode.
Any ideas?
Yolande Doliner
Sorry for being a thicko, but how do you do that?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy