MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Pearly Revely
At least now we know the name. Commence gearlust.

Courtesy of Prefuse 73 on IG.

MOD EDIT:

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey just a note for all you you who have brought a Spectra.

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
Deanne Baston
Originally Posted by Xtian317
How do the MFC's fit into your current workflow? Do you plan on running 3 MFs or is the Spectra replacing one of the Classics?
Well, I have been believeing about retiring one MFC from its hardcore button mashing days and using it as an EQ kill controller since the S4 lacks EQ Kills (the only thing that irks me about the S4). Besides that I wouldn't mind using one MFC and the MFS together for various things. Lately I have been using the two MFCs as such: one with the InstaGrat Mapping and the other with the DeckFocusABCD mapping. I have not gotten into the remix decks much but do use 4 decks sometimes when I'm cue juggling and mixing quickly. I played a bit with the MFS DeckGrat mapping and nothing else (no S4 or MFCs).

PS: Xtian317 I love the fact that you list kazoo. You running that bad boy through a mic yet for some loop recording?
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by hawaiibboy
what are your plans for how you are going to use your MFSpectra? Not too sure yet on how i'm going to implement it into my current setup of 2 MFClassics and an S4. Any ideas yet?
How do the MFC's fit into your current workflow? Do you plan on running 3 MFs or is the Spectra replacing one of the Classics?
Deanne Baston
what are your plans for how you are going to use your MFSpectra? Not too sure yet on how i'm going to implement it into my current setup of 2 MFClassics and an S4. Any ideas yet?
Adolf Hit
@DnBass

So for the 3D & Spectra you can force them to a specific deck by sending a note on on CH4, Note #0 for bank 1, Note #2 for bank 2 etc. This means you can use buttons on another controller to change bank on your Midi Fighter. I'm not sure if this was implemented in the Classic as Fat Limey wrote most of that code. Ill look into it as it would be pretty easy to add this functionality to the classic firmware.
Delena Katherman
Originally Posted by DnBass
I also use my MF with an S4 and mostly for fx. Wonder if theres any way to use the side buttons to select deck instead of the 4 banks on the old MF. Surely that would free up the top row to add even more instant grat effects. Then use the other 2 side buttons to select maybe another page of new instant grat fx and the other button to select cue points.
I agree. Since I have the S4 for transport control, I also don't need the Play/Pause/Cue/etc. that the top row of the Spectra mapping uses.
Arturo Danler
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Just got my Spectra! Before I fire this baby up, should I install the one Midi Fighter Spectra Traktor mapping that is on DJTT? I want to still use the custom mapping I have for my S4, and wish to use the Midi Fighter for effects, mostly. I'm assuming I use the small import button for Spectra mapping? First Midi Fighter! Excited!
I also use my MF with an S4 and mostly for fx. Wonder if theres any way to use the side buttons to select deck instead of the 4 banks on the old MF. Surely that would free up the top row to add even more instant grat effects. Then use the other 2 side buttons to select maybe another page of new instant grat fx and the other button to select cue points.
Delena Katherman
Just got my Spectra! Before I fire this baby up, should I install the one Midi Fighter Spectra Traktor mapping that is on DJTT? I want to still use the custom mapping I have for my S4, and wish to use the Midi Fighter for effects, mostly. I'm assuming I use the small import button for Spectra mapping? First Midi Fighter! Excited!
Kellie Myrum
@Stewe - I'm looking forwards to checking your mapping out!
Cheers!

Still waiting mine to ship out
Awilda Boggie
they look blue tho can people change the buttons at home or are they soldered?

btw midifidler you must be a great multi-tasker,

putting MFs together, Taking pictures, AND answering our stupid questions on the site
Adolf Hit
@Jester Here we go (forgot to upload last evening )

I swear the buttons are purple

Awilda Boggie
@32Digits

We already put the lowest value (99USD) we can sorry :/
99USD is perfect so if I buy I need to write that in the notes or is it automatically done??

+when can we see the Ash/ or when will you update the shop?

I'm freaking out, Paypal says it takes 2working days, and it hasn't arrived yet - should get it TODAY

and than I'm going to have to choose colors omg.... the wait is so long
Adolf Hit
@32Digits

We already put the lowest value (99USD) we can sorry :/
Awilda Boggie
Midifidler, is it possible that you guys write a lower value on the package? so I don't have to pay ~40euro's tax/customs? :P
Latoria Kavulich
Us kiwi's look after each other mate
Matt Kane
I built yours this afternoon, will upload a Pic one I get to packing it!
that
Adolf Hit
@Stewe - I'm looking forwards to checking your mapping out!
Kellie Myrum
Here's a peace of what I got in mind for Spectra

Hope you like it!
Latoria Kavulich
Awesomesauce
Adolf Hit
I built yours this afternoon, will upload a Pic one I get to packing it!
Kiyoko Wellisch
How exciting, I look forward to it then
Latoria Kavulich
how far is my one down the list mate? chomping at the bit here after seeing tekki's beast
Adolf Hit
So the Ash is just a different kind of wood. Its a much lighter color than the walnut, and has much more wood grain exposed.
The RJD2 unit which was 'leaked' a little a head of time used the Ash.

In terms of power consumption/USB HUB compatibility, the LEDs on the 3D and Spectra use a fair bit of current, especially when they are all set to white (this used most of the power available on a USB port, up to 400 mA). So any unpowered USB hub will cause you problems in the long run, it might work when you plug it in, but certain LED settings will cause it to exceed the 100 mA limit of an unpowered USB hub port.

You should fine the feet are fine on most surfaces, however if you want something grippier you could use some 3M "bumpons" just like the Midi Fighter Classic, these are little stick on feet.

@poppinjay Both, but with a focus on DVS
Random X
The SMOKING edition!
Latoria Kavulich
Ash Option: you get a bag of ash and a midifighter sticker
Kiyoko Wellisch
For now all I will say is that it is focused towards DJ's who mix externally.
Is it another traktor centric thing or would vinyl and CD people also have a use for it?
Deangelo Boender
What color are the leds on the bottom of the unit? And I saw that they don't come with feet the way the mf3d does, but i believe those little pyramid feet are slick, is there any way I can get them put on?
Ella Rick
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Would not work with my DLink hub but works with the Kontrol Z2's hub for some reason.
Really that's interesting, ok thanks for the info fokaisnake
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by willinfluence
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if you need to run the MF Spectra on a dedicated USB port (can't run on a USB hub)
I'm sure I read something in the past about the MF3D could not run on a USB hub with other devices.

Cheers
Would not work with my DLink hub but works with the Kontrol Z2's hub for some reason.
Awilda Boggie
My money hasn't arrived from my bank on my paypal : it's like 2 working days, so I'll prob get it tomorrow...

Do you know how long it takes for a MF to get to europe (belgium)?

and what is this Ash option?
Adolf Hit
@DJDoubleYou

For now all I will say is that it is focused towards DJ's who mix externally.

We also want to find a way to work more closely with the DJTT community throughout initial product development, however I need to believe further on the specifics.
Era Roka
O cool, then i'll just order a Spectrum instead. What are you working on? Can you tell us a little bit?
Adolf Hit
@Karlos Ill be building yours this afternoon!

@DJDoubleYou So far no one has used the grey buttons, 1 person used a grey case, and 1 person a grey top, this is suprising to us because the grey looks great! Maybe it is because we didn't use grey in the circulated promotional shots.

Also we have no plans to do a RGB pro, I have another project which is much more DJ focused than the Midi Fighter Family that I am really excited about.

@32Digits

Yes and Im about to increase the wait time another working day, this launch was far more successful than anticipated (we thought people would wait till after NAMM to make purchase decision) and with most of the office now in LA I am struggling to keep up!

Also if any one is wondering about the walnut tops, we will put these back in stock towards the end of next week, we will also add and Ash option.
Random X
Thanks, was believeing about that clear case for a long time... but went for white instead..

Somehow that seemed to make more sense to me.

On the other hand, it seems that you and I know teh sexy, ey Karlos?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
@Tekki

Just finished mate ....

Attachment 15125

Damn that is sexy... Exactly what I am getting but I chose the clear case. Woop Woop
Ella Rick
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if you need to run the MF Spectra on a dedicated USB port (can't run on a USB hub)
I'm sure I read something in the past about the MF3D could not run on a USB hub with other devices.

Cheers
Random X
LoLz. Saw them pass as ad, within 5 minutes of their announcement.
Era Roka
I didn't knew they had adds

Schermafbeelding 2013-01-23 om 15.48.18.jpg
Awilda Boggie
I like the less is more on the Classic but damn so many colors :/
Era Roka
and i wanna know if there is gonna be a pro and when, because if so i wan't to buy one, instead of a normal one.
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou
i'm still not sure, Blue Buttons yellow top and blue case (super awesome) or just basic collors black white grey... (professional)
I was almost believeing the same
Red case, yellow top and blue buttons (a bit like in the video where the lights are mapped red/pinkish it's really nice)
or black n white, :/

Just checked the store page: it's now +2day order processing :O

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy