MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Pearly Revely
At least now we know the name. Commence gearlust.

Courtesy of Prefuse 73 on IG.

MOD EDIT:

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey just a note for all you you who have brought a Spectra.

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
Shawnta Orenstein
Originally Posted by 32Digits
They will come with something new too, I'd guess in about 2-3 months since

they released the spectra 2/3 months after they stopped producing the classic,

Now they don't produce the MF pro anymore; so they'll be getting something to replace that model too ^^
Which means we better start saving money now Would love to have a pro as well in same design as my Spectra

//Buffaz
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by Sakita
yeah. I saw another post about them being back in stock in a week or 2. I just never came back to edit my post. Lol
They will come with something new too, I'd guess in about 2-3 months since

they released the spectra 2/3 months after they stopped producing the classic,

Now they don't produce the MF pro anymore; so they'll be getting something to replace that model too ^^
Kandra Erling
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
No, man, they are here to stay for a while. They just released the Spectra, and it's a hot product, so they must be trying to keep up with demand.
yeah. I saw another post about them being back in stock in a week or 2. I just never came back to edit my post. Lol
Delena Katherman
No, man, they are here to stay for a while. They just released the Spectra, and it's a hot product, so they must be trying to keep up with demand.
Kandra Erling
Ive been checking these MF's out for a while. Saw the spectra come out and I guess I slept on it.
Finally saved up enough extra $$ to buy one and when I went to build one yesterday they were sold out.

Will they be back in stock or are they being replaced with something else ?
Kym Miki
Originally Posted by Stewe
Just curious. Did you import effect settings as well and what was actually an issue?
I wanted to use instant grat mapping because when I used to had the classic I only use 2 decks A + B so bancks C D was mapped for Loops values and cue points... I wanted to do the same here, but Only the A Bank was working good 'cause Bank B was missplaced (beatmashers were in the 4th row and lo fi and gater on the 2nd) so I rebooted my midi fighter a couple time, reinstalled the midi fighter software and try again till the MF (mother fucker) worked (I used the spectra instagrat mapping and I also was having issues with that one until it worked, the mapping for the classic never worked)

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey Loserkid check out the Midi Fighter 3D remix deck guide, available on the Midi Fighter 3D product page on the downloads tab.
Ill have a Spectra version up soon.
Ok, I'll check it thanks a lot

sorry for my english guys I'm latin and I suck in grammar.
Adolf Hit
Hey Loserkid check out the Midi Fighter 3D remix deck guide, available on the Midi Fighter 3D product page on the downloads tab.

Ill have a Spectra version up soon.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Loserkid
Ok, I worked it out and everything working great... can anyone add a guide to set the remix decks? I would love it and thanks
Just curious. Did you import effect settings as well and what was actually an issue?
Kym Miki
Ok, I worked it out and everything working great... can anyone add a guide to set the remix decks? I would love it and thanks
Kym Miki
Originally Posted by Stewe
Imported twice using big IMPORT button?
yeah twice with the big one... even Thrice
Random X
Processed at sorting facility.

Hurry the.... UP!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Loserkid
Ok... I had the bug when I plug the MF to my computer and fixed it but now the mapping is not working correctly (I
Kym Miki
Ok... I had the bug when I plug the MF to my computer and fixed it but now the mapping is not working correctly (I
Kym Miki

Arrived <3
Random X
Can't wait Jester!
Latoria Kavulich
tekki and i will be working on something once our jam-master 3000's finally arrive
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by Buffaz
That sounds interesting.. I am starting to have some great ideas for a Mapping... will start to play around toevening and see what i can come up with as a total Mapping Noob

@ 32Digits i sent you a PM

//Buffaz

ah yes thanks

@buffaz yep I'm going to check that out now
Shawnta Orenstein
That sounds interesting.. I am starting to have some great ideas for a Mapping... will start to play around toevening and see what i can come up with as a total Mapping Noob

@ 32Digits i sent you a PM

//Buffaz
Latoria Kavulich
load up whatever tsi you want.
in the utility, change the firmware to the remix version and in the hid options, add in a hid toggle command to one of the side buttons. basically the same as eans jam on it mapping for the 3d that i use.
Awilda Boggie
I also have a question

would it be possible to map a side button so that the mapping of the whole device changes?

Like this:

when you plug in it can control effects (deck gratif) and when you hit one of the side buttons it can change to remix deck control
Johnsie Zike
Yey! Finally received my MFS (no 175) yesterday. Been trying to fiddle with it for a while now and it works flawlessly in Traktor.
One question though: I set my base MIDI channel to 3, but when mapping the buttons in Live, it always sends channel 4 notes
(MIDI-channel+1).
I tried to implement this script http://modern.dj/app/ but the side-buttons won't work as intended. I set them to "Note" in the mf_utility. Does anyone have a reliable MIDI-sheet for the MFS?
Matt Kane
"The shipment will be handed over to the customs office responsible for the recipient. The recipient can collect the shipment from there once he has received notification from customs."

looks like i have to pay customs and import taxes. let
Kandy Kuenn
Having played with it a bit today i have to say its a pretty cool little thing. a bit wonky at times (when i switch a lot between HID and MIDI or when i mess around with mappings a bit the lights seem to be off from what they should be). but its def worth the money for its versatility and application. and those buttons.... holy shit they are sensitive. few times i launched clips when i didnt even know i was anywhere near that button. takes getting used to for sure.
Random X
niet te vroeg juichen ;P

I heard fedex sends the bill later :/
Well... that's fine by me.
Shawnta Orenstein
ok thnx.. but i still dont really get it to work

@ Jester.. sorry i will take it there

//Buffaz
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by Buffaz
im really enjoying the MF Spectra and using it in traktor but i wanna give it a try in ableton live as well and has downloaded the trial but how on earth do i setup the MF to control the Drumrack? I have set it to Ableton mode in MF utility and then i suppose i have to set up something in Live as well but since im all new to Live i was wondering what to setup?

//Buffaz
You don't have to setup anything ;o - at least mine worked out of the box
(but there is however an option in the MF utility where you can choose use: ableton)

The MF sends midi signals that are picked up by ableton.

So when you start a drumrack just set the midi in: all (or only MF spectra) and you'll be drumming in no time.
If you use mad zach packs make sure you're in bank 1.
Latoria Kavulich
ableton community pls.
Shawnta Orenstein
im really enjoying the MF Spectra and using it in traktor but i wanna give it a try in ableton live as well and has downloaded the trial but how on earth do i setup the MF to control the Drumrack? I have set it to Ableton mode in MF utility and then i suppose i have to set up something in Live as well but since im all new to Live i was wondering what to setup?

//Buffaz
Kym Miki
they will deliver it tomorrow and asked for 70 bucks for handling nad customs
Kym Miki
1:32 pm In transit PUDAHUEL CL
Tendered to authorized agent for final delivery

this was about an hour and a half... and due the fact the I live like 2 hours from there... hopefully I'll be uploading some photos and the unboxing video later (:
Kellie Myrum
Your item was processed through our ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility on February 05, 2013 at 11:24 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Alright, finally an update
Awilda Boggie
about 150 euro's, I put 155euro's on my paypal to be certain

Tho that's without customs :/ wonder when they'll send me the bill lol

oh and MF n
Nereida Jasnoch
Oo that's nice !!

I wonder tho why they added them there, does it give somekind of glow beneath it or something?

Estimated time of arrival: 18:00 - it's 2:54 now pff can't sleep :/
What did it cost you in total to get one shipped to belgium ?
Kandy Kuenn
didnt even consider that lol
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by Wafelstroop
i just received mine and didnt have to pay any import fee or clearance fee or whatever. (which is a win in itself)
niet te vroeg juichen ;P

I heard fedex sends the bill later :/
Kandy Kuenn
Originally Posted by tekki
Well, it has been in the "Currently underway to the destination" status since 9:53AM. Which is roughly eleven hours ago.

Wondering how much I will have to pay for customs clearance.
i just received mine and didnt have to pay any import fee or clearance fee or whatever. (which is a win in itself)
Nedra Fresneda
Your item was processed through a facility in ARGENTINA on February 04, 2013 at 8:24 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination
Kellie Myrum
It's not a name jet... But I kinda already love it.
Latoria Kavulich
You've named it already? Sad
Kellie Myrum
Niceee! Hopefully my blackie will be here towards the end of the week

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy