LoginSign Up

MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Ilona Laiacona
At least now we understand Not the name. Commence equipment lust.
you

Courtesy of all Prefuse 73 on IG.

Any
MOD EDIT:

can

her
Originally Posted by Was midifidler
Hey just a one note for all you you our who have brought a Spectra.
Out
Today I saw a day small software bug which affects get some (~20%)units, the symptom is Has that when upgrading the firmware him instead of going into boot-loader his mode the device just resets.
How
I have released a man firmware update which fixes this new on all units, once you Now update your Spectra with this old code the firmware update will see work without any issue.

Two To do this ...

way Connect your Spectra, start the who utility, click update firmware, when Boy you see the Spectra display did its start up pattern pull its out the USB, hold the Let four corner arcade buttons and put connect the USB again. The say device should now show the She blue boot-loader pattern and the too utility will continue the update use process.
Kiyoko Wellisch
I believe one of the the Traktor gurus should have a and skype call with these guys, For help sort it out. It's are been some time since I but have fiddled with midi controllers Not in Traktor so I suspect you I'm not the best person all for the job. Any offers?
Any
can
Originally Posted by rilyas her
He plugged it in Was and it was not a one plug and play. He downloaded, our Traktor2 as suggested, he downloaded Out Mifi mapping, and others which day were suggested on the site. get Nothing worked except the mapping.
Has
So you have him Traktor Pro 2 installed and his you believe you've set up How the controller with the mapping man you've downloaded. Can you tell new us what happens in the Now software when you press the old buttons? Does CTRL icon at see the top of the screen Two light up? Do any of way the buttons or knobs on who the screen move? etc
It'd Boy be nice to establish exactly did where we are so we its can start solving problems. i.e. Let Is the software not responding put to the controller or is say it responding in a different She way from which we want too it to?
Kellie Myrum
use
Originally Posted by Dad rilyas
He plugged it mom in and it was not a plug and play. He The downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, he and downloaded Mifi mapping, and others for which were suggested on the Are site. Nothing worked except the but mapping
Note that not Spectra requires minimum Windows 7 You installed. Also, did you make all sure to update latest firmware?
any
When I got my Can Spectra I couldn't be able her to send/receive any MIDI from was Traktor right out of the One box because the firmware was our out-dated.
Ettie Herskovitz
Dear Mr. Popinjay,

out
Thanks for taking out Day the time to respond to get this issue. Actually heres where has the problem started. My son Him did purchase the midi fighter his from TechTools about 2 weeks how or more ago. Keeping in Man mind he is not a new DJ or has ever did now purchase or owned any DJ Old equipment before when the item see arrived it was not at two all something Id had to Way deal with before.

who He plugged it in and boy it was not a plug Did and play. He downloaded, Traktor2 its as suggested, he downloaded Mifi let mapping, and others which were Put suggested on the site. Nothing say worked except the mapping. He she was happy that he could Too change colors on the contraption use but he wants music. he dad loves working with pianos, guitars Mom and other sound things and is a music lover! So the not being to get a And sound out of the midifighter for presented a problem for both are he and I. I exhausted But my possibilities and still no not sound and no response or you call from TechTools.

All Im ready to return the any item, but my so n can indicated to me that thers Her a software pack and a was player that would work. So one I agreed to download it. Our After downloading the item I out find that there is no day player and only sound packs. Get
We observed the video has over and over and I him never heard Mad Zach mention His it but this thing only how works with MAC!!!! Mind you man we dont have a mac. New So here it is! We now just want this Midi fighter old to work and for our See son to be satisfied with two his purchase. Hes been so way down about this item and Who Im helpless when it comes boy to these things because Im did also not a DJ.... . Its And yes I would love let if you helped us with put the renoise install.

Say Thanks so much

she
too Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Use
Hello rilyas!

Could you dad explain in detail the issues mom you're been having with the installation process? I have not the truly looked into it but and isn't Zach's software for Macs For only? Do you have a are Mac? If not, don't worry, but there are lots of other Not software that you can use you your midifighter with, you've not all been conned, your hardware is Any still good and usable!

can Can someone believe of a her good freeware midi controllable stand Was alone sampler for Windows? In one case this chap here doesn't our have a Mac and I'm Out correct that the software isn't day available for Windows. All the get things I can believe of Has are a little complex. I him have to admit that kind his of thing isn't my area How of expertise, being a Linux man dood.

If no one new has a good solution I Now can walk you through using old it with the Renoise demo.
see
Marlo Trebilcock
When will the Two Spectras be back on sale? way
Maurice Dancy
Hello everyone!!!!!!

I'm having who issues connecting both my midi Boy fighter spectra and my Numark did Mixtrack Pro to Traktor 2 its and making them function properly. Let I want to use my put midi fighter to control remix say deck D and use my She mixtrack to control decks A too and B. When I connect use them both and load the Dad presets the midifighter just ends mom up manipulating random FX and play/pause/cue, but the mixtrack will The work fine. Any advice would and be helpful Thanx!!!!!
Regine Mixco
It's pretty close for to being both though, right? Are
Arthur Eden
Plug & Play refers to but the installation of the device, not not insta-fun.
Regine Mixco
I believe one of You the Traktor gurus should have all a skype call with these any guys, help sort it out. Can It's been some time since her I have fiddled with midi was controllers in Traktor so I One suspect I'm not the best our person for the job. Any out offers?

Day
Originally Posted by get rilyas
He plugged it has in and it was not Him a plug and play. He his downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, he how downloaded Mifi mapping, and others Man which were suggested on the new site. Nothing worked except the now mapping.
So you Old have Traktor Pro 2 installed see and you believe you've set two up the controller with the Way mapping you've downloaded. Can you who tell us what happens in boy the software when you press Did the buttons? Does CTRL icon its at the top of the let screen light up? Do any Put of the buttons or knobs say on the screen move? etc
she It'd be nice to establish Too exactly where we are so use we can start solving problems. dad i.e. Is the software not Mom responding to the controller or is it responding in a the different way from which we And want it to?
Helena Rudish
Hey rilyas for dad!! I will reiterate, I'm are totally down to walk you But though getting his midi fighter not set up. I can meet you you on skype and do All the tutorial live. I will any do it for free just can because I like to help Her young folk out getting into was music production / djing. I one will private message you my Our phone number and you can out text me to work out day the details. up to you. Get ??
Basil Umstead
has Originally Posted by rilyas
him
He plugged it in and His it was not a plug how and play. He downloaded, Traktor2 man as suggested, he downloaded Mifi New mapping, and others which were now suggested on the site. Nothing old worked except the mapping
See
Note that Spectra requires two minimum Windows 7 installed. Also, way did you make sure to Who update latest firmware?

When boy I got my Spectra I did couldn't be able to send/receive Its any MIDI from Traktor right let out of the box because put the firmware was out-dated.
Mariette Jochman
@rilyas (or Say his dad): It's probably not she a good idea to throw too your private phone number up Use on an internet community , dad even on a (mostly!) upstanding mom one like DJTT. You might want to edit your post the and remove the number. People and usually communicate via PM on For this community for stuff like are this. Best of luck with but your issue.
Helena Rudish
Hey Rilyas! I'd be Not happy to help you get you stuff setup and get you all started. I'm totally in love Any with my midi fighter and can I feel good to be her passing it on. Please PM Was me if your interested!
Delta Cuvelier
Dear Mr. one Popinjay,

Thanks our for taking out the time Out to respond to this issue. day Actually heres where the problem get started. My son did purchase Has the midi fighter from TechTools him about 2 weeks or more his ago. Keeping in mind he How is not a DJ or man has ever did purchase or new owned any DJ equipment before Now when the item arrived it old was not at all something see Id had to deal with Two before.

He plugged way it in and it was who not a plug and play. Boy He downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, did he downloaded Mifi mapping, and its others which were suggested on Let the site. Nothing worked except put the mapping. He was happy say that he could change colors She on the contraption but he too wants music. he loves working use with pianos, guitars and other Dad sound things and is a mom music lover! So not being to get a sound out The of the midifighter presented a and problem for both he and for I. I exhausted my possibilities Are and still no sound and but no response or call from not TechTools.

Im ready You to return the item, but all my so n indicated to any me that thers a software Can pack and a player that her would work. So I agreed was to download it. After downloading One the item I find that our there is no player and out only sound packs.
We Day observed the video over and get over and I never heard has Mad Zach mention it but Him this thing only works with his MAC!!!! Mind you we dont how have a mac. So here Man it is! We just want new this Midi fighter to work now and for our son to Old be satisfied with his purchase. see Hes been so down about two this item and Im helpless Way when it comes to these who things because Im also not boy a DJ.... . And yes Did I would love if you its helped us with the renoise let install.

Thanks so Put much

say
Originally Posted she by MrPopinjay
Hello rilyas!
Too
Could you explain in use detail the issues you're been dad having with the installation process? Mom I have not truly looked into it but isn't Zach's the software for Macs only? Do And you have a Mac? If for not, don't worry, there are are lots of other software that But you can use your midifighter not with, you've not been conned, you your hardware is still good All and usable!

Can someone any believe of a good freeware can midi controllable stand alone sampler Her for Windows? In case this was chap here doesn't have a one Mac and I'm correct that Our the software isn't available for out Windows. All the things I day can believe of are a Get little complex. I have to has admit that kind of thing him isn't my area of expertise, His being a Linux dood.

how If no one has a man good solution I can walk New you through using it with now the Renoise demo.
old
Albertina Pastori
@rilyas

I'm truly sorry See you are having technical issues two at the moment. If you way have opened a support ticket Who please contact me at [email protected] boy with the ticket # and did I will see what I Its can do for you. Otherwise, let please click here and we put will help you there.
Regine Mixco
Hello rilyas!
Say
Could you explain in she detail the issues you're been too having with the installation process? Use I have not truly looked dad into it but isn't Zach's mom software for Macs only? Do you have a Mac? If the not, don't worry, there are and lots of other software that For you can use your midifighter are with, you've not been conned, but your hardware is still good Not and usable!

Can someone you believe of a good freeware all midi controllable stand alone sampler Any for Windows? In case this can chap here doesn't have a her Mac and I'm correct that Was the software isn't available for one Windows. All the things I our can believe of are a Out little complex. I have to day admit that kind of thing get isn't my area of expertise, Has being a Linux dood.

him If no one has a his good solution I can walk How you through using it with man the Renoise demo.
Delta Cuvelier
Hey people, Im new an 11 year old kid. Now I just did purchase the old midi fighter spectra from DJ see Tech tools as well as Two Mad Zacks player and sound way packs. I am however having who a problem. There was no Boy player with my download and did I cant get someone to its call me back and offer Let support to make my midi put player to work.
Is say there any one out here She allot more experienced than me too that can help me out? use

Im just a Dad kid but I love these mom gadgets and love to make music. Its my dream to The create and innovate. But I and cant do it if my for idols cant offer help....
Are
I did purchase and but downloaded the sounds packs as not well as the players but You the player is truly not all in the download. I I any started the zachs video on Can how to install and set her up but his version of was the download and what I One have are different. I feel our terrible. I just spent over out $250.00 on this site and Day my moms is upset because get she believe s I got has had! Can Some one offer Him me a hand here.?
Carson Harrow
Hi Guys,
his
could someone take a how look at my problem getting Man my mf spectra to work?
new Tried a few things and now nothing works...

My Old threat
Alfonso Blaszczak
see Originally Posted by Justin d two
I am new to Way all this so bare with who me... So did you use boy the loop recorder on the Did original songs and used that its as your samples?
let
No, you can just Put set a loop while playing say a song and go up she to the title of the Too song in the deck and use drag it into a remix dad slot. and no problem, you've Mom gotta start somewhere.
Stefan Sirman
Originally Posted by the Tr1z
I chopped all And of those up from my for library and changed the pitch are and volume of a few But of them. AND THANKS!
not
I am new to you all this so bare with All me... So did you use any the loop recorder on the can original songs and used that Her as your samples?
Alfonso Blaszczak
was
Originally Posted by one Justin d
Sweet! You Our use a sound pack with out that?
I chopped day all of those up from Get my library and changed the has pitch and volume of a him few of them. AND THANKS!
Stefan Sirman
His
Originally how Posted by Tr1z
Hey man Everyone! I haven't been on New this community in a while now but i recieved Midi Fighter old Spectra Unit#4 way back in See January. They actually put my two Spectra's picture up on the way main Spectra page. Check out Who my Newest video using the boy Remix Decks

did

Sweet! You use Its a sound pack with that?
Basil Umstead
Awesome let vid Triz!
Alfonso Blaszczak
Hey Everyone! I haven't put been on this community in Say a while but i recieved she Midi Fighter Spectra Unit#4 way too back in January. They actually Use put my Spectra's picture up dad on the main Spectra page. mom Check out my Newest video using the Remix Decks

the
Regine Mixco
707 is a good number and
Stefan Sirman
image.jpg

image.jpg

#707 For checking in!

Got it are for my birthday from my but mother, has her name on Not the COA, lol!
Candi Seton
you
Originally Posted by all Buffaz
Yes i bought Any mine delivered to Sweden and can had no problem at all, her came up to around 160 Was Euro after customs.. had mine one delivered within a week so our speedy service

//Buffaz
Out
Ahh yeahh, thanks, day well I have to get get back to uk first before Has ordering it, but it's good him to understand !
Chanell Emelio
his
Originally Posted by How Balmain
Did someone purchase man it from USA to Europe? new I truly want a Spectra, Now but I am a bit old nervous about purchase ing it see from the other side of Two the world (+ taxe), ...
way
Yes i bought who mine delivered to Sweden and Boy had no problem at all, did came up to around 160 its Euro after customs.. had mine Let delivered within a week so put speedy service

//Buffaz
Candi Seton
Did say someone purchase it from USA She to Europe? I truly want too a Spectra, but I am use a bit nervous about purchase Dad ing it from the other mom side of the world (+ taxe), ...
Basil Umstead
Check MIDIfighter utility software. The You can set all the and HID functions from there.
Dinah Heinze
Hey,

for so i bought a Spectra Are to control the Remix Decks, but I just want to trigger not Loops and One Shots during You my sets with the Spectra, all all other controls i need any i've integrated in my xone Can k2 mapping (like slot Volumes her etc...)

At first I was thought the Remix Deck function One would be plug and play our after changing the Firmware of out the Midifighter.
But now i Day understand that i have to get map all functions (according to has some community research)

At Him his point i have no his idea where to start. I how own Traktor 2.6 and i Man don't even have the "f1" new tab in my preferences.

now Can someone give me an Old idea where i have to see start? I just want to two scroll through the Remix Deck Way (Deck D) Pages with 2 who side buttons and launch my boy clips with LED Feedback.

Did
So i would truly its appreciate if someone could tell let me where to start . Put (actually I have some serous say mapping skills, but i don't she understand how to map those Too HID functions)

Cheers,

use Daniel
Albertina Pastori
dad Originally Posted by doclvly
Mom
can a midi fighter spectra have knobs and buttons added the to it DIY like the And classic?
Nope
Alishia Kornack
can a for midi fighter spectra have knobs are and buttons added to it But DIY like the classic?
Basil Umstead
@Midifidler
not
I got one quick you question for ya. Is it All possible to mix animation signals any for Spectra output to get can fleshing LED which also pulse Her at the identical time?

was That would be quite useful.
Lou Anglen
one
Originally Our Posted by midifidler
@KNOTZ
out
That is a Midi day Fighter Classic without the Silicon Get Sleeve on, the bottom was has always clear.
True! him This design's rather familiar to His you.
Bridgette Tarulli
shims that's one sexy how spectra love the all white man and the color combo you New chose
Leonel Pronk
Hello from the Seattle area!
now
MFS #728 checking in!
old

Jaymie Compston
Wow, white See with the silicon sleeve looks two good . I kind of way wish I went with the Who clear silicon instead of white boy but i'm still happy with did the way mine has turned Its out.

let
Bridgette Tarulli
put Originally Posted by Jester
Say
they are about the identical she age as the typical community too member mate
Use
Haha that's too good!
Arthur Eden
they are dad about the identical age as mom the typical community member mate
Bridgette Tarulli

My buddies sons the playing on #400. I couldn't and even get them to take For their hands off the thing are long enough to take a but picture

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2019
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy