DJTT S2 v1.2 Mapping Thread

DJTT S2 v1.2 Mapping Thread
Posted on: 20.02.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S2 Custom Mapping, version 1.2.

The DJTT S2 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See here: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/

The following changes/fixes that have been said since version 1.1:
  • Loop Cue Points now show up as Green while normal Cue Points show up as Blue (previously both were Blue)
  • If you were in Sample mode and pressed Shift+Sample 1/2/3/4 button it would delete the Cue point associated with that slot in addition to deleting the sample slot. Fixed.
  • Deck Level LEDs were set to overall Master Output. Now each Level LED shows the corresponding deck's level
  • Crossfader was set to relative control, now set to direct
  • Loop move encoder will Beatjump or move the current Loop based on Loop length (previously Loop move encoder would only move 1 count)
  • Fixed group effect browse for FX bank 2 effect 2

If you are already signed up for the S2 mailing list, you should have received an update email with the S2 v1.2 mapping download link (Please right-click the link to download the mapping file).

Note: I've also uploaded the S2 Mapping zip file here for people having serious difficulty receiving it from signing up for the S2 Mapping mailing list. I still highly recommend signing up for the list though as it will enable you to get instant updates in the future.
Brittny Derubeis
Originally Posted by slipwentmalo
Hello everyone,
I have DJTT S2 v1.2 installed everything works fine. My main issue is the the top center knob (Master Level) does nothing. I would really like that to function so i can control my master output to the booth without having to go to the back of the machine or adjust gains. How can I fix this?

thanks Mike
I was having the same issue. My guess is that you are trying to run the audio through your computer? You have to send the audio signal through the S2 via RCA cables and monitor speakers.

The main LVL knob on the S2 is NOT midi enabled so it will not control the volume on your laptop. Hope that helps!
Roosevelt Arregui
Hello everyone,
I have DJTT S2 v1.2 installed everything works fine. My main issue is the the top center knob (Master Level) does nothing. I would really like that to function so i can control my master output to the booth without having to go to the back of the machine or adjust gains. How can I fix this?

thanks

Mike
Sharie Bentancur
Question: is there any way to change the preset group effects? And have them stay that way? Obviously I can change them individually by holding shift+turning the knob, but is there any way to get them to stay like that?
Valery Ellick
You can adjust the "tempo range" from the Transport section of the Preferences.
Alla Bluemke
Random question. Probably doesn't have to do with the mapping but. The tempo range when applying the mapping is really small. Like only moves like 2 bpm difference. Since I have to keep resetting the bpm after going into jog effects mode, when I come out its a little weird. Am I doing something wrong?
Elizabet Sledz
Oops, I managed to fix the Jogwheel problem.

I was importing through the use of the 'add' button in the controller manager tab, instead of the import button at the bottom.
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by Rose266
there's no save as option.. it was download linked file as.. and still turns out to be an xml
I just downloaded the XML from the email then renamed it (cutting off the XML and leaving the tsi).It worked for me...

I haven't confirmed it, but the link on http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/ has supposedly been fixed to point to the correct version.

Your mileage may vary.
Jenise Kryszak
Well I would post it on here, but I don't have an account with any filehost site. Is there any other way to send it?
Jenise Kryszak
For those who received v1.1 in the second email:

If you still have the first email sent that has the .xml file link, right-click the link and click save as. It will show version 1.2 in the explorer window. Just save it as a .tsi file and you have v1.2.
Mona Hoppenjan
Originally Posted by rjc
Hi there,

I can enable the Jogwheel FX with Shift-Reset, however the jogwheels will still work to scratch/pitchbend at the same time as the FX. The same goes for when I hold shift to swap FX preset, it will still work to scratch instead of turning the functionality off.

Somebody else mentioned it earlier, but the browser nob will skip two songs at a time, rather than one, making browsing with the deck inconvenient.

I'm using Traktor version 2.1.2, with the 1.2 Mapping, Running on Mac 10.7.3.
I'm running into these same errors. For the browser I have my X1 to handle that but the FX on the jogs still are acting funny and won't work completely.
Nestor Epper
Well it looks like my original issue was just not knowing about shift+reset. I understand allot of this maybe known for people who have been using this stuff for a while but a little but of a how to would of been nice in the download. Working great now.
Elizabet Sledz
Hi there,

I can enable the Jogwheel FX with Shift-Reset, however the jogwheels will still work to scratch/pitchbend at the same time as the FX. The same goes for when I hold shift to swap FX preset, it will still work to scratch instead of turning the functionality off.

Somebody else mentioned it earlier, but the browser nob will skip two songs at a time, rather than one, making browsing with the deck inconvenient.

I'm using Traktor version 2.1.2, with the 1.2 Mapping, Running on Mac 10.7.3.
Brittny Derubeis
I would like the 1.2 mapping as well. I signed up for the email newsletter but all I got was the 1.1 map.

What would be really helpful is if one of the fellow community members could host on mediafire or something and post a link for the rest of us to go to and download.

Thanks1
Rudolph Garate
Can someone please explain how you got 1.2? The link In email is 1.1
Mona Hoppenjan
I'm finding that the jog fx are working however stops the track whenever I try to use them. I'm rather new to the mapping and my S2 is only a week old. Any links to read more about the mapping for assistance?
Kelsi Slazyk
Originally Posted by Xtian317
I might be mistaken, but I don't believe the shift-shift (midi mode) is needed for using the DJTT mapping. I believe it's shift-reset to activate the jog EFX tho.
This is correct. Shift+Reset = JogFX

DJTT 1.2 mapping works pretty good for me with one issue. I have not found a way to access the samples buttons. In the Default NI mapping its shit+cue buttons...but that's not seeming to work on the DJTT mappings.

Anybody have a different experience???
Valery Ellick
I might be mistaken, but I don't believe the shift-shift (midi mode) is needed for using the DJTT mapping. I believe it's shift-reset to activate the jog EFX tho.
Nestor Epper
I just bought my S2 and have never had a controller before. I imported the mapping file with the big import button in settings. After doing shift+shift both shift lights stay on but nothing responds at all. When I hit any button it stays lit nothing nothing happens in the software. If I undo it then it goes back to the default NI mapping. I updated my software and drivers with the service center before writing this with the same issue after. What gives? Am I doing something wrong?

Also I notice that when I hit both shift button the CTRL light in the top of Traktor stops lighting up when I do anything.

Another new development if I create a new generic MIDI mapping and do double shift the CTRL light starts working again.
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by jd33
i also got version 1.1

Ditto
Shelli Germanos
i got the 1st and the second emails to download the s2 1.2 mapping, but in the second one the link points me to the 1.1 zip file, any help? im a mac user.

regards
German
Eliana Vigue
i also got version 1.1
Francesca Reeley
how can i turn the browser to scroll down 1 by 1 not skip every other song and also why isnt the cross fader working to the left i still hear deck 2
Brittny Derubeis
same here. Just got 1.1 version. How can I get the update?
Jenise Kryszak
Ditto with the people above me. I got version 1.1 not 1.2 in my email.
Rudolph Garate
Originally Posted by ESSBEEDEE
Hi there....I am on the list but I got Version 1.1 of the mapping....how can I get 1.2? Shall I sign up again?

Same here got the email but that link showed just 1.1
Clarinda Schwimer
Hi there....I am on the list but I got Version 1.1 of the mapping....how can I get 1.2? Shall I sign up again?
Jeanetta Dinwiddie
Having the same problem as above. Please fix this as soon as possible! I need a stable mapping for my first gig on Tuesday!
Nelida Benzinger
@flashflooder - i downloaded the zip. from the second email you sent out about the update and it was the original tsi version 1.1. I also tried unsubscribing and re subscribing to try and get a working link and received a link to the s4 mapping v1.2.2.

@blacksheepfoto - thx for posting my vid!
Lorie Beley
Has anyone else noticed that the custom mapping seems to affect their samples? Mine lag quite far behind pressing the buttons and volume is not consistent either.
Lon Paun
Someone on Youtube posted this...which is very helpful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB77zQ14YW4

Also related, Effects Bank 3 is not mapped to anything...would be a great feature to have a "Shift" capability to dynamically assign the effects banks and presets to a Deck A OR B OR BOTH....
Lon Paun
Is here a way to assign effect bank 3 and 4 to deck A or B in order to use the jogwheel to control them?
Kattie Diament
The new email worked perfectly.
thank you!
Kami Sawan
Dj Tech Tools you fixed it. Thank you Thank you.
Jodi Lacerra
Since so many people are having issues with downloading the tsi file I am about to resend the email update with a link to a zipped version of the tsi file. I hope that fixes everyone's download problems.
Kami Sawan
having trouble converting s2 mapping tai file
Kami Sawan
/Users/mike/Desktop/mapping.png
Kami Sawan
I'm having trouble downloading file. why is it in a excel file and not .tsi file mapping format? How to I change this over on my mac?
Nickole Krautbauer
I tried the advice but it still downloads as an xml file
Stefan Kosier
right click worked fine. gonna load it up now and give 'er a whirl.
Tameka Haux
im not able to open the link and receive the update

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy