DJTT S2 v1.2 Mapping Thread

DJTT S2 v1.2 Mapping Thread
Posted on: 20.02.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S2 Custom Mapping, version 1.2.

The DJTT S2 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See here: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/

The following changes/fixes that have been said since version 1.1:
  • Loop Cue Points now show up as Green while normal Cue Points show up as Blue (previously both were Blue)
  • If you were in Sample mode and pressed Shift+Sample 1/2/3/4 button it would delete the Cue point associated with that slot in addition to deleting the sample slot. Fixed.
  • Deck Level LEDs were set to overall Master Output. Now each Level LED shows the corresponding deck's level
  • Crossfader was set to relative control, now set to direct
  • Loop move encoder will Beatjump or move the current Loop based on Loop length (previously Loop move encoder would only move 1 count)
  • Fixed group effect browse for FX bank 2 effect 2

If you are already signed up for the S2 mailing list, you should have received an update email with the S2 v1.2 mapping download link (Please right-click the link to download the mapping file).

Note: I've also uploaded the S2 Mapping zip file here for people having serious difficulty receiving it from signing up for the S2 Mapping mailing list. I still highly recommend signing up for the list though as it will enable you to get instant updates in the future.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by torge176
Why should I export it? I simply want to change something in the BeauBryte Mapping.

Or do I simply have to change the fx in the fx section in the top left, export the mapping and import it again? sry im kind of confused
You want ti save changes for further reference? Hit export.
Blanche Dumke
Originally Posted by Xtian317
You have to export it from inside the controller manager.
hm. seems like I still have some problems. Could you please give me a step by step advice, from changing the fx preset to save it? would be so nice! thank you
Lahoma Flatebo
Originally Posted by WastedYouth
Question:

How do I make more preset-effects?
(Shift + move jog is now scroll through presets, but I only have the 3 standarts)
An easy way to do it is to map the preset (Chain effect) to a button on you laptop. that's what I did and now I have a whole bunch of chain effects i can use.
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by JulianVeloso
You have to press both shifts at the same time to enter jogfx i believe..
That is incorrect. Shift + Shift puts you in MIDI mode.

If the FX are screwy, it usually means you need to re-import the mapping.
Starr Proveaux
Hi guys i just recently got the s2 mk2 but i cant get this mapping to work actually when i subscribed to the mapping list, the link that i got for the download said DJTT s4 not s2 idk why... either way the beaubryte mapping is not working for me either is there any mapping coming soon for the s2 mk2???
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by torge176
Why should I export it? I simply want to change something in the BeauBryte Mapping.

Or do I simply have to change the fx in the fx section in the top left, export the mapping and import it again? sry im kind of confused
You want ti save changes for further reference? Hit export.
Blanche Dumke

Kellie Myrum
Should be in the manual. There are two ways for exporting your mappings, ether from device menu or using big EXPORT button at bottom of preferences window.
Blanche Dumke
Originally Posted by Xtian317
hm. seems like I still have some problems. Could you please give me a step by step advice, from changing the fx preset to save it? would be so nice! thank you
Valery Ellick
Blanche Dumke
Just a small update on my last post:

I got the JogFX Preset changed, but I don't know how to save it. Any mapping help there?
Blanche Dumke
hey guys,

first of all, Im wondering that this is the first post for a year in this thread

anyways, I just got me a new Traktor S2 (coming from a VCI-100 SE). And, after I liked this video so much

I just downloaded the mapping which is linked in the description but its not working as I hoped it would do. I imported the .tsi via the Import Button in the Preferences. But I can't get the jog fx mode to work. It just happens nothing when I hit Shift+reset.

As this mapping is rather old I guess, should I use another mapping? I would appreciate any help as I'm new to this controller and DJing overall. Thank you guys!
Melanie Larocque
i cant open the tsi file with my mac !!!! its seems that that's a windwoas exe file
why you do something like that? : (
need a tsi file for mac! fuck windows^^
Lahoma Flatebo
Originally Posted by WastedYouth
Question:

(Shift + move jog is now scroll through presets, but I only have the 3 standarts)
An easy way to do it is to map the preset (Chain effect) to a button on you laptop. that's what I did and now I have a whole bunch of chain effects i can use.
Sharmaine Pellino
Question:

Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by JulianVeloso
That is incorrect. Shift + Shift puts you in MIDI mode.

If the FX are screwy, it usually means you need to re-import the mapping.
Daine Ziadeh
Eusebio Quill
I just don't get the FX on the jogwheels. I just press shift and the reset button... But It just won't work!

Please help :-)
Valery Ellick
Agreed...
Have you checked out beaubrytes S2 mapping on the MIDI maps page? It's based off the DJTT mapping.
Ashly Romney
Sad to see this mapping get so neglected, it has so much potential
Valery Ellick
After you import the MF mapping (twice)- in preferences>controller manager, click the add button, then import, then browse to wherever you saved the DJTT S2 mapping. Easy peezy.
Harlan Longenbach
Ok so do I need to use a different S2 mapping than the DJTT one? I really want to keep the jog wheel effects, but still have the instant grat map with MF classic. I tried last evening and after loading the MF Instant Grat map it wiped it all out when reloading the DJTT S2 map.

I could really use a walk through.
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by aaron liven
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything.

Can the DJTT S2 mapping and the MF Instant Gratification be used together? If so, how do you go about import the .tsi files?

Thanks in advance for any help.
This is how I have mine setup. In addition to having armyofme's S2 (MIDI mode) map. I believe the MF-IG video walks you through this process (about 5.5min into the video). You just use the big import button to load the MF-IG.tsi (importing twice), then use the small import button (add-import-DJTT_S2.tsi) to bring the DJTT S2 mapping back in.
Harlan Longenbach
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything.

Can the DJTT S2 mapping and the MF Instant Gratification be used together? If so, how do you go about import the .tsi files?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ashly Romney
Originally Posted by TEAELLE
Thanks that worked perfectly! I have a couple other questions if you don't mind.

This is the video I watched.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVks...ayer_embedded#!

and the FX on the video don't match up to the ones in the mappings I just loaded. In the video they are much more interesting. So I changed them to the correct ones, and they just reset once I switch over to another preset by holding shift and moving the jog wheel. Not only that, I can't seem to link deck 2's fx to deck 1, and vice versa. It just resets once I activate the FX.

I just want to make this more practical for me and have 3 different types of FX chains on each deck and be able to use them on whichever deck I please. Sorry if this all seems easy to do but I can't figure it out I'm really new to this hardware.

Thanks in advanced
Hi! Welcome to the community s! The FX in that video are slightly different, but can be changed pretty easily via the controller manager. Just search for the Jog FX A1,2,3 and B1,2,3 and look for the Effect 1 Select Effect 2 Select Effect 3 Select for each and change them to select whatever effect you want. You can go much deeper with the effects than that but it will require some mapping know-ho. As far as having Deck B's effects (which I believe is what you mean by Deck 2) on on Deck A's, well that would also require some advanced mapping knowledge but can be done via the controller editor. Check out youtube for some guides on mapping. Good luck and welcome!
Esperanza Mastrandrea
Originally Posted by padi_04
Import the mapping twice using the big buttons in the lower left corner of Traktor's prefs window.
Thanks that worked perfectly! I have a couple other questions if you don't mind.

This is the video I watched.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVks...ayer_embedded#!

and the FX on the video don't match up to the ones in the mappings I just loaded. In the video they are much more interesting. So I changed them to the correct ones, and they just reset once I switch over to another preset by holding shift and moving the jog wheel. Not only that, I can't seem to link deck 2's fx to deck 1, and vice versa. It just resets once I activate the FX.

I just want to make this more practical for me and have 3 different types of FX chains on each deck and be able to use them on whichever deck I please. Sorry if this all seems easy to do but I can't figure it out I'm really new to this hardware.

Thanks in advanced
Nedra Fresneda
Import the mapping twice using the big buttons in the lower left corner of Traktor's prefs window.
Esperanza Mastrandrea
I know this is an old mapping but I found out that it was free recently and downloaded it.

I'm new to the S2 (3 days new) Been watching tutorials like mad, and just stumbled upon Ean Goldens video with those crazy FX. I tried downloading and imported.. and lot's of bugs. and this is supposed to be an update...??

Browsing through tracks using the knob skips over 2 tracks at a time, holding shift and pressing reset fucks with my tempo and switches to jog fx wheel mode.. But none of the FX are set to the right fx shown in the video. And it doesn't work properly.. The FX do trigger but so does the scratch and pitch bend still.. so bizzare.

Is there any new update?? Wtf is going on here?? I really would like to get this working. Please help, thanks!
Jillian Bonnes
Originally Posted by N30NDR34M5
This is correct. Shift+Reset = JogFX

DJTT 1.2 mapping works pretty good for me with one issue. I have not found a way to access the samples buttons. In the Default NI mapping its shit+cue buttons...but that's not seeming to work on the DJTT mappings.

Anybody have a different experience???
For working with the samples, you have to activate the samples button on the deck side you want to use.
Meaning, working on deck B samples "C", you must turn on the middle button that says "b", then you play with the samples on the cue points!

Cheers
Ashly Romney
Could you elaborate further on your idea? What do you mean it moves the loop in?
Daine Ziadeh
Your missing a small feature from the default mapping, when you Hold ''Loop in'' button and move the jogwheel it would move the loop in, it's a nice technique/effect that lots of people use on CDJ's, you guys need to map that. it also works with the ''Loop out''.
Jillian Bonnes
Any where, where there is the tutorial or that shows the full features/tutorial on all the DJTT S2 v1.2 Mapping ??
Irene Camping
Will the Mapping not work on a PC " Sony Vaio" ? please help
Irene Camping
i have a google account as well , but i am having a difficult time figuring out what link i am supposed to save! any advice?
Irene Camping
is the mapping available for version1.2 yet?
Lahoma Flatebo
Originally Posted by JamesN
Yes, I just told you, you MAP another cue point to the load point and it will fill that space. Set another cue point on the load point, hit the map button, then click the load point - voila
Sweet fairy milk! I didn't know you could do that! dude! thanks for the heads up!!
Ashly Romney
Yes, I just told you, you MAP another cue point to the load point and it will fill that space. Set another cue point on the load point, hit the map button, then click the load point - voila
Lahoma Flatebo
hmm i guess as a last resort that would work. Is there any other way so I don't have to use up two cue points for one position?
Ashly Romney
Originally Posted by Henrimartel
Does anyone know how to set up an LED out so when I save a cue point as a "Load" type, the LED still lights up? With Ean's mapping when ever i set a cue point as "Load" the light turns off on the hotcue button.
Just map a cue point to it as well and it will light up, the load point can share the same spot as a cue point
Lahoma Flatebo
Does anyone know how to set up an LED out so when I save a cue point as a "Load" type, the LED still lights up? With Ean's mapping when ever i set a cue point as "Load" the light turns off on the hotcue button.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy