DJTT S2 v1.2 Mapping Thread

DJTT S2 v1.2 Mapping Thread
Posted on: 20.02.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S2 Custom Mapping, version 1.2.

The DJTT S2 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See here: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/

The following changes/fixes that have been said since version 1.1:
  • Loop Cue Points now show up as Green while normal Cue Points show up as Blue (previously both were Blue)
  • If you were in Sample mode and pressed Shift+Sample 1/2/3/4 button it would delete the Cue point associated with that slot in addition to deleting the sample slot. Fixed.
  • Deck Level LEDs were set to overall Master Output. Now each Level LED shows the corresponding deck's level
  • Crossfader was set to relative control, now set to direct
  • Loop move encoder will Beatjump or move the current Loop based on Loop length (previously Loop move encoder would only move 1 count)
  • Fixed group effect browse for FX bank 2 effect 2

If you are already signed up for the S2 mailing list, you should have received an update email with the S2 v1.2 mapping download link (Please right-click the link to download the mapping file).

Note: I've also uploaded the S2 Mapping zip file here for people having serious difficulty receiving it from signing up for the S2 Mapping mailing list. I still highly recommend signing up for the list though as it will enable you to get instant updates in the future.
Evelia Dumez
i dont know if its supposed to be this way but when ever i use the fx jog wheel it turns the effect off for the opposing track
Maura Tomassoni
any1 kno how i cud go back to the original settings
Gracie Gladysz
Im having some trouble with the midi map. Normally when I hold Shift the quantize settings will display as the A and B buttons on the S2 in the sample deck. This is no longer the case. Also when a clip is ready to be copied to the sample deck the looping functions are a little screwy. It won't let you exit the loop by pushing the dial you have to hit the Out button. Normally this was not the case. I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I really like the map but with the loops not working correctly I dont know if i will be able to use it effectively.
Ashly Romney
Originally Posted by CionniAsDj
Yes, sure you can!! But in midi mode most of the controls doesn't work because they are not mapped in armyofme's tsi
AOM's mapping isn't missing much, needs hotcues and play button for it to be more useful, which I tried mapping but was getting some weird behavior. Aside from that, just having DJTT 1.2 mapping loaded with AOM mapping simultaneously nets some good results, just don't like having to switch from native to MIDI mode so often. Will prob. remap AOM to my Lemur.
Nadine Zelensky
Possible creat quicklist with all fonctions ?? Thanks
Somer Vanstraten
Originally Posted by diggidee
Just downloaded the 1.2 version of this mapping. Got a couple of problems... SHIFT +JogWheel Push changes the FX but also goes into scratch mode. Sync does not work on the S2 controller. On the sample decks SHIFT + Sample deck deletes the sample rather than stopping and then deleting.
Would love to hear from anyone to tell me theirs is doing the same or if it is just me then maybe my download corrupted or something. Please help. Thanks
Have you imported twice?

my fault, the browser didn't show me the reply you already had.
Valery Ellick
No worries. Glad it got you going!
Latosha Grissette
Originally Posted by Xtian317
Goofy things like you're describing usually go back to the way it was imported into your setup. I'd start with re-importing the mapping (only select the effects). Then restarting Traktor.

Also, make sure you don't have any other controllers/mappings that are also using the S2 ports.
Yeah that did it mate. Thanks for the help.
Valery Ellick
Goofy things like you're describing usually go back to the way it was imported into your setup. I'd start with re-importing the mapping (only select the effects). Then restarting Traktor.

Also, make sure you don't have any other controllers/mappings that are also using the S2 ports.
Latosha Grissette
Just downloaded the 1.2 version of this mapping. Got a couple of problems... SHIFT +JogWheel Push changes the FX but also goes into scratch mode. Sync does not work on the S2 controller. On the sample decks SHIFT + Sample deck deletes the sample rather than stopping and then deleting.
Would love to hear from anyone to tell me theirs is doing the same or if it is just me then maybe my download corrupted or something. Please help. Thanks
Somer Vanstraten
I've been interested in doing this as well. Since armyofme's mapping is done via MIDI mode, I wondered if you could have them both loaded simultaneously and just switch between MIDI and HID mode on the fly (shift+shift by default).
Yes, sure you can!! But in midi mode most of the controls doesn't work because they are not mapped in armyofme's tsi
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by CionniAsDj
So, i've a request, merge armyofme combo fx with djtt mapping, like, shift + (a random button) , put the fxunit 1 & 2 knob and buttons in the same way armyofme's mapping does from the original way of working, but in fx unit 3, so it won't affect our fx, and the fxunit 3 focus switching from deck a and b like the midi fighter grab mapping does.
this will bring great combo with only the press of 2 buttons, and return to normal mode in a simple way (without using midi mode and without overwrite our fx unit 1 & 2)
so we can use our effect, djtt jog fx, and armyofme combo in the same tsi, it would be great!
I've been interested in doing this as well. Since armyofme's mapping is done via MIDI mode, I wondered if you could have them both loaded simultaneously and just switch between MIDI and HID mode on the fly (shift+shift by default).
Somer Vanstraten
Originally Posted by CollyT12
I re-imported, but now I still wanna figure out how to alter the presets. I'm sure there's a way to do it without arsing with the controller manager (big pain in the neck, if you ask me), because that's not how I changed them the first time accidentally.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the 3 jog-FX settings that you can select by holding shift and scrolling through using the jog wheel in Jog FX mode. The three presets are 1) Beatmasher, Lo-fi, peakfilter 2) gater, beatmasher, peak filter 3) Iceverb, peakfilter, reverb. if anyone know's how to change these presets, help would be much appreciated.
Mapping, only way to change the preset in the preset you want.
You probably changed them accidentally by changing the fx order in traktor setting.
Le Kirste
If you're concerned about wiping out any other changes you made to the mapping, only import the FX portion of the mapping (not preferences, keyboard layout, GUI, etc). Otherwise, you'll just have to manually dig through the mapping via controller manager. Look for the Jog references, narrow it down to the existing FX references, then change them accordingly.
I re-imported, but now I still wanna figure out how to alter the presets. I'm sure there's a way to do it without arsing with the controller manager (big pain in the neck, if you ask me), because that's not how I changed them the first time accidentally.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the 3 jog-FX settings that you can select by holding shift and scrolling through using the jog wheel in Jog FX mode. The three presets are 1) Beatmasher, Lo-fi, peakfilter 2) gater, beatmasher, peak filter 3) Iceverb, peakfilter, reverb. if anyone know's how to change these presets, help would be much appreciated.
Tawanna Duchane
Thats really helpful,
Thanks again dude much appreciated!
Somer Vanstraten
Originally Posted by Yuki
Awesome!
Thanks alot Cionni ill do that right away!
Ok second question is for the instant gratification mapping on the midi fighter classic,
I know the button rows 2, 3 and 4 are all effects, but I was wondering what the top row do?
It is to mine knowledge that they control the deck that you want the effects added to.. Is that like "Button 1" (top left) is for deck A, Button 2 for Deck B, 3 for deck C and 4 for Deck D? if yes how does this apply with the Kontrol S2? If no can someone explain what the TOP ROW of buttons do with the Instant Gratification mapping of the Midi Fighter Classic?
Thanks alot for all your help guys, I appreciate it heaps,
Yuki
yep, that way, deck a-b-c-d
and if you are in deck a, and want to make a effect stay on, you press the button and then the deck a button, same for deck b.
effect for midi fighter will affect your fx unit 1-2-3, going over your effect that you usually control with knobs and buttons.
thats all
Tawanna Duchane
Awesome!
Thanks alot Cionni ill do that right away!
Ok second question is for the instant gratification mapping on the midi fighter classic,
I know the button rows 2, 3 and 4 are all effects, but I was wondering what the top row do?
It is to mine knowledge that they control the deck that you want the effects added to.. Is that like "Button 1" (top left) is for deck A, Button 2 for Deck B, 3 for deck C and 4 for Deck D? if yes how does this apply with the Kontrol S2? If no can someone explain what the TOP ROW of buttons do with the Instant Gratification mapping of the Midi Fighter Classic?
Thanks alot for all your help guys, I appreciate it heaps,
Yuki
Somer Vanstraten
Originally Posted by Yuki
Hey guys,
So I just ordered mine S2 from the DJTT store and as Ean mentioned this custom mapping comes wit hthe controller.. I was wondering is it already installed? and If not can someone put me in direction of a thread that shows how to install it?
thanks heaps,
Yuki
Go to the mapping tab in the djtt site, there a link, and they send to your mail the djtt s2 tsi, when you have download it, you have to import twice (using the BIG import button in the bottom of the setting window). Remember, import twice in order to have everything working well.
Tawanna Duchane
Hey guys,
So I just ordered mine S2 from the DJTT store and as Ean mentioned this custom mapping comes wit hthe controller.. I was wondering is it already installed? and If not can someone put me in direction of a thread that shows how to install it?
thanks heaps,
Yuki
Tatum Seep
Wait where do i download this file too?
Somer Vanstraten
So, i've a request, merge armyofme combo fx with djtt mapping, like, shift + (a random button) , put the fxunit 1 & 2 knob and buttons in the same way armyofme's mapping does from the original way of working, but in fx unit 3, so it won't affect our fx, and the fxunit 3 focus switching from deck a and b like the midi fighter grab mapping does.
this will bring great combo with only the press of 2 buttons, and return to normal mode in a simple way (without using midi mode and without overwrite our fx unit 1 & 2)
so we can use our effect, djtt jog fx, and armyofme combo in the same tsi, it would be great!
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by CollyT12

Also, a quick question: how in blue blazes do I alter the 3 Jog FX default presets that the mapping comes with? I changed them on accident and I've no idea how to get them to revert, but don't want to re-import because I've already made quite a few tweaks to the mapping myself.

Much appreciated.
If you're concerned about wiping out any other changes you made to the mapping, only import the FX portion of the mapping (not preferences, keyboard layout, GUI, etc). Otherwise, you'll just have to manually dig through the mapping via controller manager. Look for the Jog references, narrow it down to the existing FX references, then change them accordingly.
Marina Blandino
Yes smiley i did import many at least twice
it did not work after twice so i imported it twice more and i still have the same problem
Le Kirste
To any and all of the above questions regarding effects issues after importing the mapping; make sure you've imported TWICE.

Also, a quick question: how in blue blazes do I alter the 3 Jog FX default presets that the mapping comes with? I changed them on accident and I've no idea how to get them to revert, but don't want to re-import because I've already made quite a few tweaks to the mapping myself.

Much appreciated.
Kami Sawan
You'll need to import .tsi s2 mapping 2x.
Marina Blandino
I have a problem with the mapping. When i import it I do not have effects. I only have the jogwheels. When i click shift+tempo reset nothing changes.
hope someone can help?
Maura Tomassoni
ok after having a gd go with the new mapping iv now found that traktor wont analyze (async) my tracks any1 know how to fix this
Maura Tomassoni
i struggled for a gd week or so to get this mapping i was using my hotmail adress to recieve the email which was having none of it, kept downloading files tht wouldnt import. then made a google mail account an got tht badboy workin staight away. save as - add .tsi to the file name - import in traktor done. also the mapping is awesome thanks djtt hope this helps people
Evita Stuckman
is there any how to or instructions on how the mapping works? like the jog fx and all that

also i'm going to be using my s2 as just a controller since i mix externally on my djm900.. wonder what i can use the up faders for since they are not used.. anyone has fader fx tips please chime in thanks!
Bradly Marinaccio
Is there any way to control FX 3 & 4 with this AMAZING mapping ? Thanks
Winifred Tarvis
A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE THAT PUT THIS MAPPING TOGETHER AND WORKED ON IT
Bill Aukes
if anyone can help me figure out how to utilize the beat-tap in the mapping, that would be awesome
Bill Aukes
having serious troubles even getting this mapping to work. my S2 won't let go of the original mapping
Brittny Derubeis
You are doing something wrong then. Make sure you use the big IMPORT button on the bottom of the preferences screen.
Altagracia Mizuki
btw*
Altagracia Mizuki
okay so i was able to import the tsi and everything, btu when i press shift + reset, the jogs wont control any effects and ive tried everything. i just got the s2 2 days ago, same with a genuine version of traktor, please help!
Brittny Derubeis
Originally Posted by musicalmonstar
I can't open the file. I have a mac and everything i try to open it i get a message saying: There is no application set to open the document
Isaac Sterr
I can't open the file. I have a mac and everything i try to open it i get a message saying: There is no application set to open the document
Brittny Derubeis
Originally Posted by slipwentmalo
Thanks you know maybe it does work I just dont see the actual knob turn in response on the screen
I bet it does function I just haven't tried it yet. I have spent a week beat griding music and prepping samples
I almost guarantee you that it does work. I thought mine was broken and called their HQ. The phone rep assured me it would work. I hooked up some computer speakers with a couple adapters and lo-and-behold, it worked!

You won't see the knob actually twisting in the software, but when you hook up speakers it will work!
Roosevelt Arregui
Originally Posted by tpzy
I was having the same issue. My guess is that you are trying to run the audio through your computer? You have to send the audio signal through the S2 via RCA cables and monitor speakers.

The main LVL knob on the S2 is NOT midi enabled so it will not control the volume on your laptop. Hope that helps!

Thanks you know maybe it does work I just dont see the actual knob turn in response on the screen
I bet it does function I just haven't tried it yet. I have spent a week beat griding music and prepping samples

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy