I knew Richie Hawtin had fallen far from his routes- didn't realize it was this bad..

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: I knew Richie Hawtin had fallen far from his routes- didn't realize it was this bad..Reply
I knew Richie Hawtin had fallen far from his routes- didn't realize it was this bad..
Posted on: 14.08.2013 by Romelia Stankard
lol

edit: roots
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by Kwal
Be nice.
I am being.

Haters are douchebags. I'm sticking up for the people that want to be nice

Don't want to be called a douchebag, don't go hating
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by MaxOne
Agreed.

I mean one mans good is another man's shite... dont see any of these hating douchebags on boiler room playing in their villa in Ibiza surrounded by hotties with their hands in the air...
Be nice.
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by deevey
Sounds like just more Generic Tripe to me, no better and no worse than Nicky whatsherface but there ya' go - opinions.
Agreed.

I mean one mans good is another man's shite... dont see any of these hating douchebags on boiler room playing in their villa in Ibiza surrounded by hotties with their hands in the air...
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by geminimech
Does his barber cut his hair with a grenade? Because that's what it looks like.
Yeah, not sure what's going on up there.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Posting in a community and exposing that you have a soft spot for the occasional mainstream song is a lot better than calling someone out in a community and exposing that you are an elitist asshole.
haha Mr Loverocket take note!!!

You keep your elitist views and leave the real DJing to Richie!!
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by Kwal
Be nice.
I am being.

Haters are douchebags. I'm sticking up for the people that want to be nice

Don't want to be called a douchebag, don't go hating
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by MaxOne
Agreed.

Be nice.
Hipolito Scionti
Sounds like just more Generic Tripe to me, no better and no worse than Nicky whatsherface but there ya' go - opinions.
Agreed.

Rolanda Clodfelder
hahaha .... love it

last 20 mins ... "Screw this all this serious DJ, sh1t I'm getting laid toevening "
Kristofer Krauel
Turned out to be a pretty awesome set. Shows how easily things can blow out of proportion when the internets keyboard warriors get the wrong end of the stick.

Actually find it bewildering how Richie can play 1hr 40mins of awesome music and all we talk about are the final 3 minutes!

Also, love how the chick whos neck he bites has the same hair cut as Richie!!
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by geminimech
Yeah, not sure what's going on up there.
Rochel Papillion
maaan, that shit wasnt that bad lol...he had a bunch of chicks around him loving that shit so ...hey haha
Verlene Geevarghese
Rochel Papillion
http://boilerroom.tv/richie-hawtin-1hr-45-min-mix/

there it is, about to watch right now
Antonetta Wikel
Opinion's are like A$$holes, everybody's got one.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Posting in a community and exposing that you have a soft spot for the occasional mainstream song is a lot better than calling someone out in a community and exposing that you are an elitist asshole.
haha Mr Loverocket take note!!!

You keep your elitist views and leave the real DJing to Richie!!
Delena Katherman
Lang Abriel
Ppl get pretty pissy over interweb convos nowadays...I remember when I was 14 yrs old.
Latoria Kavulich
Mr. Hawtin gets to play whatever he likes. Playing for the crowd. Try it sometime.
Jerica Salava
i guess we figured out who plays Minaj round here.

nice work peeps.
Kanesha Bredin
Originally Posted by rhashime
i believe it rocks when someone like richie drops some unexpected mainstream shit in their set. I remember going to see bt in this smallish club here in atlanta about a decade ago. During the encore he dropped a unreleased remix of some ludacris song that was all over the radio at the time and everyone went wild. It really made my evening to see him play something unexpected like that.

And aren't we all here because we love music? Let's not be so close minded to believe what we listen to is the only good music out there. Just because something doesn't float my boat, doesn't mean that it is crap. I wish people would spend more time promoting what they like instead of trying to tear down what they don't.
qft
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by loverocket
Deevey's a little troll man. don't fall for his crap.
Says mr. "I have a constant chip on my shoulder"

Not making fun, was making a point to the above mentioned person that just because HE doesn't like something doesn't ultimatly mean its shite.

I dont like one SINGLE current rap, hip hop or R&B track (sugar hill gang is about as close as I've ever gotten to rap), but others believe its the business, fair enough, I just don't go where its played and doesnt mean its not credible.

Back OT whats the big deal about this Hawtin malarky anyhow, he played a song in jest or otherwise and its like the end of the world has occurred. I'd be more concerned if paris hilton managed to gain cred as a serious DJ.

*Looks around - nope aint happened*
Jerica Salava
Deevey's a little troll man. don't fall for his crap.
Valeri Holderness
Why are we making fun of jay-z? the guy recorded reasonable doubt, and a handful of other classic hip hop albums. Regardless of what you believe of his music, its pretty ridiculous to say he has no creditability, he's had a MASSIVE impact on hip hop

Rolanda Clodfelder
i don't like Jay-Z but THAT track destroys.

The chick and Ja Rule kill and the beat is sick.
Jerica Salava
LMAO - and you rip into other peoples tastes ...

Nothing from Jay-Z has cred (in my opinion), but thats it my opinion, hundreds (if not thousands) of varieties of music exist due to it, and it doesn't make one any better than another.

Good on ya' Richie for having a laugh and making the trolls ... troll
i don't like Jay-Z but THAT track destroys.

The chick and Ja Rule kill and the beat is sick.
Olin Easley
i would have accepted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9xImGX99FQ

at least it has some cred

oops
Rolanda Clodfelder

LMAO - and you rip into other peoples tastes ...

Nothing from Jay-Z has cred (in my opinion), but thats it my opinion, hundreds (if not thousands) of varieties of music exist due to it, and it doesn't make one any better than another.

Good on ya' Richie for having a laugh and making the trolls ... troll
Romelia Stankard
I mean I'm not outraged or really care much about anything he does anymore, I find this more hilarious than anything.
Olin Easley
Richie Hawtin has his own evening and villa in Ibiza. You guys (well, we) have accounts on DJTT.
Lang Abriel
Originally Posted by djgstefan
Just loop a 8 bar in the beginning, pitch up to 128 and you have a cool percussion. Overall its a cool song with a lot of opportunities of loop grooves.

Would be very surprised if he play the song in its original.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I have the instrumental and its actually a really good beat, with some interesting sounds. I could definitely see Richie fitting that intro loop into a set...I would. I haven't listened to the set but I find it hard to believe that nicky minaj was saying "Beez in the trap" at any point in his set.

Edit: I just read through this entire thread, regardless, I still stand behind my previous statement.
Shayne Kohtz
You folk are so quick to judge. Did any of you actually see the set? it was streamed on Boiler Room. It was a party at his villa. He had already finished his set, unplugged his headphones etc, then hooked shit back up and played one more tune - Nicki Minaj - while laughing his head off. It was clearly a joke. I don't believe you're going to hear him playing that at Space any time soon.

He did play Banarama (I believe) earlier in the set right enough haha. I don't have an explanation for that one!
Jerica Salava
this one also would have dropped in nicely and has the DIPLO pedigree:

Jerica Salava
Originally Posted by Volpe

talking about richie and paris...
this might be the most ridiculous tweet ever . hahaja
Jerica Salava

Hipolito Scionti
i didnt know the tune in question

it's this

I mean, it's not massively my bag but that beats pretty alright, and it's not the normal fucking toilet i hear form her... as in like this one

that one makes me want to fucking rip ears off.
Margaretta Hebenstreit

talking about richie and paris...
Kristofer Krauel
Key sentence.

Should just be changed "Because dumb people don't know the difference."

Thanks.
Editor
Who made you the authority on what Richies "crowd" wanted?! You weren't in the crowd and you've got the nerve to call them all "dumb". You need to step away from your PC and spend a bit of time outside. The keyboard warrior in you is getting out of control.

This was a gig at his private villa. I believe HE'S the one to decide what his crowd wanted.
Jerica Salava
Originally Posted by firebr4nd
The same Ibiza crowd that went to see Paris Hilton haha
.... would ask "who the fuck is Ritchie Hawtin?"
Ulysses Vittetoe
which one is Nicki Minaj for Richie Hawtin? "His Music" or "The Ibiza Crowd"?

D) None of the Above
The same Ibiza crowd that went to see Paris Hilton haha

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy