website for loops, samples, packs, user generated.

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: website for loops, samples, packs, user generated.Reply
website for loops, samples, packs, user generated.
Posted on: 14.02.2013 by Libbie Orion
Lets get straight to it. This year i finally have some time to build another new website for music.
I have attempted to do this one before but never had the time to really get down to getting it full scale.
This year (starting toevening in another screen while i type this message) i start building a website containing

Loops and Samples and one shots, hits, of all types that someone would need to create say
a sound pack or even just a place they would like to go to and find in one location, royalty free, audio to use in a full scale production of their own.
Not to mention Project files for programs like Sonar (Cakewalk) and Fruity Loops (Image-Line)

Yes there are sites abound on the net with some things like this but sometimes one falls short for the user, and they search on. I do have to admit that as time goes on with the website, much material available for download will be more and more user generated. So its not just me, my staff, and the djs on my radio station that would supply the audio within the sites pages. It would also be YOU, the members of the site.

So why am i posting this?
Simple really. I realized a long time ago that when building any website where content becomes user generated, its ALWAYS best to get a discussion going from the very same type of people who would be using the site. And in that discussion, many new ideas can be sparked, resulting in many new features being made available.

I can put together a slamming website in a heartbeat, but its just going to be considered CRAZY HOT just by me and thats not fair.

So here is my question folks (cant believe i just used that work a second time this year!)

Reply below and lets diiscuss what youd like to find in the site.
Also, give out YOUR ideas on how it would be organized.

for example:
Downloading only by members access

Uploading only by members access (But youll need specific approval to upload) so here the admin needs to assign you as an AUTHOR to the website.

All uploads must be approved before going public (to avoid spamming, hidden links, and non legit audio / info)

Uploads can be:
drums
Hats
Cymbals
Rhythms

and so on but the really good thing is........ a single user can do simultaneous uploads (3 -4 -5 sounds at a time)
After the user uploads, they can edit their own upload to assign them to the appropriate category of sound (drums, hats, etc)

The files would include flash / html5 mp3 players so you can hear the audio before downloading it.

welll what do you believe so far?
I have a few ideas on the types of articles to include in a site like this, but i want to broaden it so id like to hear from you as well. Articles anyone?.........

Something like this im not sure id like to have a user community in but one thing for sure is

SOCIAL NETWORKING CONNECTIVITY:
Each AUTHOR for the site, when they supply a new upload, it would automatically send a link to their Facebook page as an example.
Same applies for Twitter.
Same applies for SoundCloud

ok so how we looking so far?
Valeri Millstein
Excited!
Libbie Orion
wanted to bump those last two comments i left as i idea for the site.
Im still now finishing up the layout and organization of the MENU and pages for the tutorials area.
Then im moving onto the layout for the Uploads / Downloads area.

Later on
remix deck area
Internal community (community + a special area with groups etc)

I already have a MASSIVE BLOG area installed and i mean MASSIVE.

Hope you guys like how its all turning out
Libbie Orion
One more thing. The remixes that win because the label accepted them,
would be sent out to the labels distributors so all your contact information, bio, and down loadable versions of your remix would be available to all the other radio stations, producers, and labels who also get this weekly promotional email.

WOW.......me likey
Libbie Orion
****NOTE*****

One thing i considered putting into the site is a section where you can download songs from producers.
I often get them sent to me weekly.
To make it all cohesive i wanted to have these artists / labels, also send me a few tracks (not just the songs but parts of the songs as well)
so that you guys can do a remix of it.
So you would
A) Get a full copy of the released song (as well as the entire EP sometimes containing 5+ songs)
B) Get to download samples of the songs to do your own remixes.

What do you believe about this idea?

The end result can be that YOUR remix is sent back to that particular record label for them to release, and it is decided as per a regular contest.

Talk about a way to get your remix decks full of samples eh?
Alease Fitch
Ah well, time to digg up some examples then
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by Jayvee
Because I am a web designer and I'd love to help you out if you want
Jayvee. time is getting close (well for designs i mean) so do me a fav and let me know what your experiance is with Web design.
Im guess i need to know what things you are capable of.
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by 0Notice
I get what you mean, and I believe offering a Genre based selector would be pretty cool!
Genre as in , the ability to select the genre of sample you are looking for?
Absolutely, infact i already finished that part however the only down side is, the genre of the uploaded file is subject to what the USER who uploaded it, set it to.
So if someone uploaded a TRAP drum line / drum sample but they mistakingly set it to a genre of "Trance" well thats where you will find it.
So with that in mind i have also setup something else ( i ment to say " I have implemented something else) It just sounds more professional that way lol

This is going to be a high amount of user generated media, and content. So ill be expecting to have nice people on the site who would use the COMMENT feature of any download item, and let ME know this its in the wrong genre.

One of the biggest problems i see on the mass of other sites is, its limited to what the creator / company puts up and administrates.
I want to go at it a different way on certain parts of the site where its actually the USERS who dictate the content..... and for the most part, they are also the ones who create it.
0Notice, thanks for your reply man. Glad to see it

but please do take a minute to believe about the previous question and get back to me in this thread regarding Remix Deck Support.
Valeri Millstein
I get what you mean, and I believe offering a Genre based selector would be pretty cool!
Libbie Orion
Thanks 0Notice. You mentioned remix deck support but to me (and i say this because of the mass of attempts DJTT and other sites put into helping djs with it)
... to me that term can have a VERY broad meaning so, for the sake of helping things out in a more definative way (because its just the way i am) id like you and anyone else to elaborate on that.
Many people talk about needing more remix deck support but thats where the request usually stops.
What i would like to see is, someone to ask exactly what it is they are looking for in the way of R-MX Deck Support.
like what do you (not you specifically) plan or expect to get out of the support?

I know that giberish above might seem a little stern and harsh in its verbage but im just trying to break it all down for EVERYONE my man.
Remix deck support is definatly something i want to offer on it, however i dont want to waste time going in one direction with it when its not what people are looking for
Valeri Millstein
Remix deck support would be great! I believe having all of the samples Keyed is a good idea. I would be definitely interested in this if it existed!
Libbie Orion
HAAHAHAH i cant believe thats in your Sig
i need to show that to my wife and yes... if there is something i need a hand with, or just want to pass onto you for the sake of having someone in leage with it, ill be more than happy to do so with you man
Thanks for the support.

Im sure when its up and running, there will be plenty of things for us both to tackle
Alease Fitch
Alright then, I believe you :P
If you change your mind just hit me up, I'd love to contribute to this nice project

Originally Posted by antifmradio
I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work
This is going in my sig >:]
Libbie Orion
Thanks Jayve. Actually i do both.
been doing websites 12+ years now
and had my hands on computers since i was 9 years old (look up the Tandy 2000) that was the first computer i ever had
That + the computer after it that i had, and Windows wasnt even in existance yet

I often kick myself because long ago when i was 12 i believe, i had the oportunity to give my allowance to this little known company,
which i could have invetsed in greatly (yes that young) and when i was working under the table, at dunkin dognuts at the age of 14-15, i still could have invested in the company

today we know them as APPLE....... and what a ride that would have been for me.
Excuse me while i go kick myself.

Jayvee, go take a look at my current website (See my Sig) it is a CMS but i did have to do some major programming to get it to work the way it does tied to 3 SQL databases.

@Dubyou and your remix deck support comment.
I have an idea about making this easier for some people and ill test it out in due time but i believe the bottom line with it is, how creative is the person having trouble with it, and do they really need it anyway.

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work
Alease Fitch
Also are you more of a programmer or are you fine with designing as well?
Because I am a webdesigner and I'd love to help you out if you want
Dick Korus
Another topic for consideration is remix deck support. Im sure a lot of people even after reading a few articles and watching performance vids are still unsure how to incorporate it in their sets. Remix sets availible and support are another good topic
Dick Korus
Well you'll be set! What's really missing in a lot of these sites is direct assistance, but on a community / site with 50000+ members it's kind of hard to pull that off.
Libbie Orion
shouldnt take long for me to build it
im actually doing it while talkin in this thread. Already started the core files and workings a few days ago.

Only thing that will take time is going to be the initial content for download, sample play, etc.

Other then that, i have a TON of tutorials, and ideas on how to do things in some DAWs as well as studio gear

One reason i am doing this is for example how here on DJTT there are often questions from newbies (nothing wrong with them being that)
that really shows how little they know about production, music theory, or even how to use the basics of their own gear .
This is not indigenous to DJTT members. I see this on MANY websites over the past dozen years. it gets annoying and it can be a HUGE waste of time.

If this means in the end this all turns into
A) a place for new producers to gather tools, techniques, and samples to start their first big break album...... great
B) This ends up being a place where (newbies) can go to actually learn the basics like an online class.... doubly as great.

it would mean something very important for me
A) I havent wasted all this time learning whati have over the years and can apply it to others for help
B) i have done my part in giving just a LITTLE bit more then the other sites designed around samples and loops.

Im not trying to make it the next big thing. I just want it to include "whats missing" from the other sites.
Dick Korus
The site sounds great! Can't wait to see what it looks like! Hope to hear from you soon about a launch date, I want to be sure to subscribe/ become a member.
Libbie Orion
Guess ill have to make a good mention and give credit to dubyou on the website when its done about that idea.

@dubyou.
Yes there will be a community . very minimal because i dont want it to get too bloated with useless info and a TON of places for you guys to search for answers. Like to try and keep it scaled down in that regard so one cant get lost to easily.
Blog area, absolutly
the blog area will consist of

Tutorials - For digital and DAW equipemnt including fruity as well as Cakewalks Sonar + others as i gather more info on them
Tutorials for Midi gear
Tutorials for production fully broken down to how to create a basic drumline, bassline, and even how to adjust for that extra personal touch

Artists - Just some interviews on them but that comes later on because there might be some insight to how they PRODUCE.
While here at DJTT its more about HOW THEY DJ / PERFORM LIVE

Reviews - on studio kits, and gear as well as new external gear / hardware.

There will also be some Downloads area available for free music produced my amateurs and bedroom djs who use this site as their tool for production, and performance.

Ok so how we lookin so far?
Dick Korus
Originally Posted by antifmradio
actually theres two things i need to say about this post
1) its not lame
2) i believe this is the best idea anyone has thought of since i started putting together ideas a while back.
Thats actually a spectacular idea.

Let me explain what i am invisioning with it and you tell me if it works the way you have in mind from a USER perspective.

In fruityloops i have a plugin called SIMSYNTH
i have it setup a certain way (controls, patters, wav shapes, and all its adjustments)
i can SAVE THE CONTROL settings to a file
Also i can save the WAV sound it creates with those settings
Take both files and upload them to the catelog
The wav sound will be playable +downloadable
the settings file will be downloadable

As the USER END, you can download both files:
(Use the wav file as a referance so you know what its supposed to sound like)
(Import the SimSynth Settings so your SimSynth plugin automatically adjusts correctly to match that sound)

Hows that sound to you my man?
Yeah sorry guys, its just a tad bit of a controvertial topic. I'm glad you guys agree, some people argue that one must "create their own sound" so for those people I added that so that I didnt get blown up with replies stating that. lol.

But anyways, I love the site idea! I havent really had the recources/ time/ commitment to produce, but as I am leaving to college soon, I feel like it would be a good time to start and this site would help out so much.

A few more friendly suggestions: DAW mappings, tutorials on how to get started are always nice to have, and a community section would be cool like this to reach out for help (specifically for the type of stuff on your site).

Good luck!
Alease Fitch
Yeah synth presets is an awesome idea!
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by dubyou
As lame as this may sound to everyone, a lot of people look up synth presets so I feel like that might be a good thing to add too.
actually theres two things i need to say about this post
1) its not lame
2) i believe this is the best idea anyone has thought of since i started putting together ideas a while back.
Thats actually a spectacular idea.

Let me explain what i am invisioning with it and you tell me if it works the way you have in mind from a USER perspective.

In fruityloops i have a plugin called SIMSYNTH
i have it setup a certain way (controls, patters, wav shapes, and all its adjustments)
i can SAVE THE CONTROL settings to a file
Also i can save the WAV sound it creates with those settings
Take both files and upload them to the catelog
The wav sound will be playable +downloadable
the settings file will be downloadable

As the USER END, you can download both files:
(Use the wav file as a referance so you know what its supposed to sound like)
(Import the SimSynth Settings so your SimSynth plugin automatically adjusts correctly to match that sound)

Hows that sound to you my man?
Dick Korus
As lame as this may sound to everyone, a lot of people look up synth presets so I feel like that might be a good thing to add too.
Alease Fitch
This sounds awesome!

Maybe also add a melodic section, where users can post things like basslines or synth riffs. With the key it's in shown ofcourse.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy