website for loops, samples, packs, user generated.

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: website for loops, samples, packs, user generated.Reply
website for loops, samples, packs, user generated.
Posted on: 14.02.2013 by Libbie Orion
Lets get straight to it. This year i finally have some time to build another new website for music.
I have attempted to do this one before but never had the time to really get down to getting it full scale.
This year (starting toevening in another screen while i type this message) i start building a website containing

Loops and Samples and one shots, hits, of all types that someone would need to create say
a sound pack or even just a place they would like to go to and find in one location, royalty free, audio to use in a full scale production of their own.
Not to mention Project files for programs like Sonar (Cakewalk) and Fruity Loops (Image-Line)

Yes there are sites abound on the net with some things like this but sometimes one falls short for the user, and they search on. I do have to admit that as time goes on with the website, much material available for download will be more and more user generated. So its not just me, my staff, and the djs on my radio station that would supply the audio within the sites pages. It would also be YOU, the members of the site.

So why am i posting this?
Simple really. I realized a long time ago that when building any website where content becomes user generated, its ALWAYS best to get a discussion going from the very same type of people who would be using the site. And in that discussion, many new ideas can be sparked, resulting in many new features being made available.

I can put together a slamming website in a heartbeat, but its just going to be considered CRAZY HOT just by me and thats not fair.

So here is my question folks (cant believe i just used that work a second time this year!)

Reply below and lets diiscuss what youd like to find in the site.
Also, give out YOUR ideas on how it would be organized.

for example:
Downloading only by members access

Uploading only by members access (But youll need specific approval to upload) so here the admin needs to assign you as an AUTHOR to the website.

All uploads must be approved before going public (to avoid spamming, hidden links, and non legit audio / info)

Uploads can be:
drums
Hats
Cymbals
Rhythms

and so on but the really good thing is........ a single user can do simultaneous uploads (3 -4 -5 sounds at a time)
After the user uploads, they can edit their own upload to assign them to the appropriate category of sound (drums, hats, etc)

The files would include flash / html5 mp3 players so you can hear the audio before downloading it.

welll what do you believe so far?
I have a few ideas on the types of articles to include in a site like this, but i want to broaden it so id like to hear from you as well. Articles anyone?.........

Something like this im not sure id like to have a user community in but one thing for sure is

SOCIAL NETWORKING CONNECTIVITY:
Each AUTHOR for the site, when they supply a new upload, it would automatically send a link to their Facebook page as an example.
Same applies for Twitter.
Same applies for SoundCloud

ok so how we looking so far?
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by alestry
This is great! Read through the entire thread, so many great ideas! Can't wait to see the product!
Thanks for your interest mate. Keep yourself subscribed to this thread. Opening day was supposed to be the 15th of this month but in all honesty i wanst completely happy with the structure of a few things on the site. so they were taken down and redone.
Also i just completed talking to a few local producers to help build content for the site and i still have plenty of uploads to do for you guys. Hope you enjoy it.

i could say COMING SOON but that sounds generic..... how about "just another moment" lol
Sanora Mcbroom
This is great! Read through the entire thread, so many great ideas! Can't wait to see the product!
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by JudemanG
This looks awesome! Sounds kind of like Blendswap for audio. If you need any logos or graphic stuff, I'd be happy to help!
actually i was trying to come up with a logo last weekend and really didnt get too far with it.
While i am so DELVED into the technology and development of the site
i sure could use a hand with a logo (actually there would need to be 3 images create)
So Jude...... do me a favor and hit me off site personally here [email protected]

If i tried to discuss things about the logo, image work, and all that here, people would figure out the DOMAIN and SITE NAME
well..... i dont want them to know yet so email me, and lets get you a crack at it.

Dont worry. Ill make sure you get your CRED on the site for the logo. Actually there is something else in the site
where if you do a great job with the logo, then youll reap rewards on this other hidden section.
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by synthet1c
midi files are just piano roll templates, that's the point of them. I don't believe it needs to be tied to a synth preset, it's more fun in a remix situation to create your own sound to the musical score of a known song. Generally the melody is the hardest to create when you first start this would really help beginners.
Thanks for pointing that out
and thats EXACTLY why i started this thread. It wasnt necessarily to promote the site. It was more so to have a conversation "believe tank" on how things should work, and what makes it more full featured for everyone.
synthet1c - Thanks for the reply. Keep them coming if you have other ideas. Ill see what i can work up.
Was up til around 2am this morning working on Genres, File types, and download formats for everyone to search and find.
I believe i got it all sorted .... until someone like you comes along and shoots out another brilliant idea.

For now.... ill just include another download type called "MIDI FILES FOR DAW"
Im also going to include an area for MIDI MAPPINGS and see how that goes but the MAPPINS area would be less populated by ME since i dont write them that much, and mostly it would be filled with uploads by others who create them.
Alease Fitch
Email sent
Libbie Orion
Ok boys and girls its that time

At this point i am looking for a hand full of people to come into the site before its made fully public
so they can help create some content

If you produce music already and want to create a short tutorial (text + video or just text like an article)
and if you would like to start uploading some sound samples, sound packs, one shots, and so on.

Please hit me up directly at [email protected]
let me know what youd like to do.
Libbie Orion
ahh yes here we go. Just a final notice to all on a timeline. (since i got some emails about just that topic recently)

I plan on launching the website in January. Im shooting for Jan 1st but lets be honest.
The wife wont be happy if i spend too much holiday time off, building a website so im looking at mid Jan for the official launch.
No BETA, no REBUILD, no WHAT-Ifs.... this would be the full public launch
January 15th 2014

However the content being provided to the site
Tutorials, sound packs, other downloads

thats all happening......... RIGHT NOW!!!

Hope everyone enjoys this little treat. It was great to hear all your comments and suggestions.
Some are already in place, so i took them and used them.
Other suggestions are on the backburner and will be released as time goes on.

All of you guys were a GREAT help here.

Already i have started talking to some indi label producers, who will also help on providing TUTORIAL content
and some Vocalists who will provide some special VOX for us to use.

Thanks everyone
Libbie Orion
Ok lets discuss

here is a group http://community .djranking s.com/group.php?groupid=48
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by JudemanG
This looks awesome! Sounds kind of like Blendswap for audio. If you need any logos or graphic stuff, I'd be happy to help!
actually i was trying to come up with a logo last weekend and really didnt get too far with it.
While i am so DELVED into the technology and development of the site
i sure could use a hand with a logo (actually there would need to be 3 images create)
So Jude...... do me a favor and hit me off site personally here [email protected]

If i tried to discuss things about the logo, image work, and all that here, people would figure out the DOMAIN and SITE NAME
well..... i dont want them to know yet so email me, and lets get you a crack at it.

Dont worry. Ill make sure you get your CRED on the site for the logo. Actually there is something else in the site
where if you do a great job with the logo, then youll reap rewards on this other hidden section.
Shira Narwold
Libbie Orion
Since this thread is going to get pretty dam long, i started a GROUP here on DJTT. Im sure you can find it in my profile. Tomorrow ill start putting up a couple topics and keep new ones coming in a timeline fashion so everyone intersted (that joins the group) can keep apprised of the websites development.

In the group you can ask questions about new features, or ask questions about current features.
The more the merrier, and the more questions, the better the development

Thanks everyone, for being so patient.
Libbie Orion
Just a heads up. I just got YOUTUBE incorporated so tutorials can be included when uploading any specific file
for example if someone uploads a SYNTH SETTING and wants to show a tutorial on how to get the steps to those settings.

Youtube holds the video
and the user uploads the SYNTH SETTINGS into the site

both are attached to eachother for an easy view

What i should probably do is setup a YouTube channel where i can give permission to the website members, to ADD tutorial videos as well
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by synthet1c
midi files are just piano roll templates, that's the point of them. I don't believe it needs to be tied to a synth preset, it's more fun in a remix situation to create your own sound to the musical score of a known song. Generally the melody is the hardest to create when you first start this would really help beginners.
Thanks for pointing that out
and thats EXACTLY why i started this thread. It wasnt necessarily to promote the site. It was more so to have a conversation "believe tank" on how things should work, and what makes it more full featured for everyone.
synthet1c - Thanks for the reply. Keep them coming if you have other ideas. Ill see what i can work up.
Was up til around 2am this morning working on Genres, File types, and download formats for everyone to search and find.
I believe i got it all sorted .... until someone like you comes along and shoots out another brilliant idea.

For now.... ill just include another download type called "MIDI FILES FOR DAW"
Im also going to include an area for MIDI MAPPINGS and see how that goes but the MAPPINS area would be less populated by ME since i dont write them that much, and mostly it would be filled with uploads by others who create them.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Libbie Orion
funny u mention that
i was just tinkering around in my DAW about to test that out and it dawned on me that Midi Files for production might be REALLY hard to do because.
The midi file would need to be imported into the users DAW.... thats not a problem
but
the midi file needs to be tied to
The Audio
and
Any plugin it was created with. Its not that it CANT be done but there are just sooooooo many variables and configurations that can make the midi file not work

so with that (while i am typing i just realized something)
Midi files can be setup, but they wouldnt have any sound to them unless the END USER actually tries to tie them to their own audio and plugin inside their DAW.

So in turn, the midi file would just be a BLANK TEMPLATE with timed notes in it that dont play any sound if no sound is tied to them

did i explain that enough for ya? i mean was it clear
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
It might be a good idea to include midi files for producing aswell.
Libbie Orion
ok so i need some help from the peanut gallery here on this one. I am finally setting something delicate for the new site.
Its a way for everyone to find exactly what they are looking for but im trying to make sure all items fit into a correct category.

Ok not a problem but i want to make sure the correct categories of items will be created so here we go:

Currently you can search the site for

FORMATS OF DOWNLOADS YOU CAN SEARCH FOR:
Soundpacks
Remix Packs
Production Settings

and then theres

TYPES OF FILES YOU CAN SEARCH FOR:
Generator Settings
Plugin Settings
DAW Settings

now read carefully because a FILE TYPE is what you find INSIDE of a format of a Download. get it?

Now many things can be added to the search criterira but its all dependant on what the supporting USER would "UPLOAD" as well.
For example. Some people might want to share some of their sounds for others to use in productions
so if you wanted to share a DRUM HIT, well then DRUM HIT would be something i add to the searchable items.

Bottom line:
If you went searching...... what would you want to find?
While im waiting for a few replies here, im going to look backwards through this thread and see what ive forgotten
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by antifmradio
This is just a bump for the new people on DJTT
go ahead and jump back to the original post of this topic and check things out

i was able to take a MASSIVE amount of time to continue developing things on the secret site over the last week and will be DEEP into it for this coming 7 days.
I had to take some time off of it this past summer and then the server was hacked for a bit but all is well and reinstalled and backed up so we are still good to go!!

Current status of things is
A) wrap up a few categories on the message boards
B) setup about 4 dozen tutorials BEFORE launch
C) finish a couple display errors in the DOWNLOADS areas front page (im trying to display things properly) and im being picky about it

So im gonig to guess....... right around New Years for a full launch?
That would be a nice way to start 2014
As always good luck man! I am looking forward to it!
Libbie Orion
This is just a bump for the new people on DJTT
go ahead and jump back to the original post of this topic and check things out

i was able to take a MASSIVE amount of time to continue developing things on the secret site over the last week and will be DEEP into it for this coming 7 days.
I had to take some time off of it this past summer and then the server was hacked for a bit but all is well and reinstalled and backed up so we are still good to go!!

Current status of things is
A) wrap up a few categories on the message boards
B) setup about 4 dozen tutorials BEFORE launch
C) finish a couple display errors in the DOWNLOADS areas front page (im trying to display things properly) and im being picky about it

So im gonig to guess....... right around New Years for a full launch?
That would be a nice way to start 2014
Valeri Millstein

Hows that for a full blown answer my man?
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by Sambo
Good to hear. Not sure if it's been mentioned, but will their be a section for Remix Deck sets? So far, no ones really took the bull by the horns and tackled this format comprehensively yet, and it really needs it.
yes absolutely
infact the downloads area is design to let the end user know:
what they are about
how many files it is
what type of file it is
is it a sound pack
is it a remix deck pack (which really isnt that much different then a sound pack)

and most importantly, you will be able to navigate between the different types of downloads, from each type of download.

If you want to download a remix deck set, get in there via the category link.
If you are in the remix deck set area, and want to grab a few extra sound packs (hi hats only for example)
youll be able to get straight to it from the remix deck area.

Im trying to set up a string RANDOM MP3 players so you can sample something without having to be on its page
but obviously, youll have to be on its page to download it

and one last thing that is important....... youll be able to
RATE
SHARE (social networks)
COMMENT
to anyone of the downloads, packs, sets, etc.

Im really loooking to make this VERY user generated so it would also be nice if someone who downloaded something
who then remixed it or altered it, they can also UPLOAD it back into the site where others can download it

Some of us around here are EXTREMELY creative, while others just need a nudge, or a starting block.
If you (re)created something by sort of remixing it and want to share it, this is also the place to be for it

Hows that for a full blown answer my man?
Jetta Drenzek
Originally Posted by 0Notice
I would like to confirm the success of the website design, so far everything I have tried to do worked. Everything is logically laid out. There is a TON of stuff already up and running that looks great. I'm super excited for launch. Glad I got a sneak peak!
Good to hear. Not sure if it's been mentioned, but will their be a section for Remix Deck sets? So far, no ones really took the bull by the horns and tackled this format comprehensively yet, and it really needs it.
Valeri Millstein
I would like to confirm the success of the website design, so far everything I have tried to do worked. Everything is logically laid out. There is a TON of stuff already up and running that looks great. I'm super excited for launch. Glad I got a sneak peak!
Libbie Orion
Agreed, would love to help out with the site.
absolutely my man!
I am definately going to need help on getting plenty of content POSTED into the website.
Its quite a lot of stuff that people would be looking for so help with getting tutorials, news, information, and of course items listed for a FAQ area are going to be KEY

Secondary would be the separate areas of the message boards

There is more to it but i need to get a bit farther on the layout of things, and then break down that "content" into say
Duties for person A
Duties for person B
Duties for person C

if thats all good with you guys?
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Jayvee
Sweet.

Can we see it? ;D
Agreed, would love to help out with the site.
Tasia Strawhacker
Look good and I'm sure this will become very useful for a lot of us, thanks!
Libbie Orion
JayVee
check your inbox in a couple hours. Ill link ya to it but it will be PRIVATE for now.
Ill send you a secret login password for it

but for now.. everyone else..... here is the teaser page

www.grooveclip.com
Alease Fitch
Sweet.

Can we see it? ;D
Libbie Orion
ok here we go
not much development left to do to the site
seems like all the components are working just fine together.
I even created a normal account so i can log in as a general user and see how things work for general people.
Looking good

One thing i need is a nice logo for the site.

Toevening i start dropping in all the tutorials i have on hand for all these DAW systems.
Then as questions come up from users who visit the site, ill help them with special things like
"How do i create this synth sound" using plugins, generators, and even some secret tips and information on FREE VSTi downloads.

Once i get a good number of those in (say 10 on each category of items)
ill start uploading sound packs, loops, and samples, while leaving the site open for OTHER people to do UPLOADS as well

hows all that sound?
Gaynell Rydberg
I played French Horn too!

I wasn't very good. I improved until I got braces and then hit a brick wall. Got so demoralized...
Valeri Millstein
Mic the horn and run it as deck D. Also in a Jazz band where I play guitar, bonus points?
Libbie Orion
No doubt, only if you take take me as a DJ for your station...
as long as you can connect your French Horn to your S4 | X1 | F1 and MF3D, dude you are SOOOOO in
Valeri Millstein
want to start a band?
i play the piano

im sure together we can make some REALLY irritating and annoying sounds

Cant be worse then the latest Britney or Ke$ha album
No doubt, only if you take take me as a DJ for your station...
Libbie Orion
Im a classically trained French Horn performer and I plan on studding composition...
want to start a band?
i play the piano

im sure together we can make some REALLY irritating and annoying sounds

Cant be worse then the latest Britney or Ke$ha album
Valeri Millstein
ahh now you want me to spew out all that stuff i studied in music theory, and the goodies i took home in my head while attending classes at IAR in new york city years ago,.

Good call man.
Im a classically trained French Horn performer and I plan on studding composition...
Libbie Orion
I believe there should be an area focused on mixing the sounds successfully, theory, progression, mixing and Eqing.

Also Ableton, Traktor I.e.
ahh now you want me to spew out all that stuff i studied in music theory, and the goodies i took home in my head while attending classes at IAR in new york city years ago,.

Good call man.
Valeri Millstein
Hey Jayvee
where are those examples if you have them?

Also just wanted to say. this hasnt fallen off the rails my friends.
The process continues and the development i still moving forward.

Been working on a SUBSCRIPTION based newsletter area.
Easy to find ARCHIVE blogs / tutorials
FORUM - completed
NETWORKING area - completed
COMPETITIONS area - completed

So now i have a question about the community s.
Id like to know what category areas you guys believe would suit best in there?
Everyone has a GENERAL area and a SITE ISSUES area so thats locked down.

How about a "Post your remix sample deck set?"
anything else in mind?
i have more but i dont want to list everything. "Discussion is the seed of the progress tree"
I believe there should be an area focused on mixing the sounds successfully, theory, progression, mixing and Eqing.

Also Ableton, Traktor I.e.
Libbie Orion
Hey Jayvee
where are those examples if you have them?

Also just wanted to say. this hasnt fallen off the rails my friends.
The process continues and the development i still moving forward.

Been working on a SUBSCRIPTION based newsletter area.
Easy to find ARCHIVE blogs / tutorials
FORUM - completed
NETWORKING area - completed
COMPETITIONS area - completed

So now i have a question about the community s.
Id like to know what category areas you guys believe would suit best in there?
Everyone has a GENERAL area and a SITE ISSUES area so thats locked down.

How about a "Post your remix sample deck set?"
anything else in mind?
i have more but i dont want to list everything. "Discussion is the seed of the progress tree"
Marcos Zelko
This sounds like a great idea, I will be looking forward to seeing the finished product
Libbie Orion
Just showed my wife what i been working on
went into details with another content provider
and started to really lay out the final details now that it seems everything works well together in the site

the ONLY thing to test out now is the UPLOAD / DOWNLOAD area
and then structure it so you guys can search + upload things according to
Genre and or Type of file
Genre = music it belongs to
Type = Drums | hats | rhythm | strings | synths

Im adding in another little feature that lets you upload an entire ZIP file containing a bunch of things,
then youd be able to edit each line of the upload to tell us the seperate files that are in the zip

ZIP = a folder full of say 2 drum tracks | One cymbal | Vocals
This way if you do it correctly, WE can not only download the seperate files but before that we can actually PLAY a sample of the files. Like a playlist or seperated tracklist
and then we can choose to download the entire pack or just parts of it we want

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy