Will M.D's Setup.

Will M.D's Setup.
Posted on: 26.11.2011 by Marybelle Ver
*Edited*

A 2012 video/Scratch session..

A lil 2013 setup pic... Ah yeah Caravanning ftw
DSCF0873.jpg

Story & How it all started...

I've always wanted to DJ since I was pretty young, say like 8-9.
Well at around the age of 12 I managed to get my first DJ gig at a friends 8th birthday party!
Obviously at the time this was pretty epic. My first gig, but I had no gear & only a few cds.
So I somehow managed to get together an 8 channel mixer, 2 cd players (of which one was an all in one high stack Sony Hi-fi!), a Pa system, A strobe light which I still to this day have, along with another couple of lights I managed to borrow.

This was the first real taste of anything like this I had experienced. Even setting up the gear seemed pretty easy to me, even though it was my first time seeing a lot of the gear , I just remember looking carefully & taking logical steps to put it all together & it all worked!

"This is it" I remember believeing, everything just managed to go amazingly. I would just blend in the new tune with the upfaders & everynow & then put the strobe on & the kids would go crazy.

I had headphones, but no way of pitching any of the songs, but this didn't matter.
It was a great evening , all the kids had fun, including me & still to this day I remember it in such vividness. Ok its only 15yrs ago, but a lots happened since then...

I started playing the Bass at the age of 13 & Drums at the age of 14.
DJing somehow didn't seem to have its hold over me tight enough at this point.

So played the Drums until I was 18 and then bass until I was 21 but at the age of 20 I was offered the oppurtunity I had needed. Some Decks!

I still have my bass (Fender Jazz) but she's a bit poorly & needs so major TlC.

So the crazyness started just over 7yrs ago when I was 20!
I'm now 27 :eek: & DJing is still getting better & better & more fun everyday.

Here's pretty much a picture by picture update from early 2004 to the current day 26th Nov 2011.

There's one thing i'm sure of, it will definately get more & more interesting as the years progress.

I can't wait.

Current setup - 2 x Technics 1200, DDM4000 w/ Innofader, MPD24, Conectiv, Xponent, Sennheiser HD-25, Dell Inspiron E1705, Custom OCuk Quadcore Pc. Cubase 5, Torq 2.0.2.

The 1st setup

Total cost
Larraine Hannum
You sure seem to move a lot! Are you in some witness protection program?
Marybelle Ver
Originally Posted by Smaze
I thought you said Canon "GL2" for a second
Now that'd be sweet ! But unfortunately not. However some friends have got Hero HD Pro cams for video !

Originally Posted by GI Trackt
Nice hose on the hookah man!
Thanks dude, Its a New Hookah (nargile) I bought whilst I was visiting Istanbul last week!
Was Very scary watching the guys throw my bag in the back of a van from the plane... Luckily its still in 1 piece.

Peace
Barton Rigazio
Nice hose on the hookah man!
Francene Cafaro
Originally Posted by Will_D
looking into getting a Canon g12 at some point this yr
I thought you said Canon "GL2" for a second
Marybelle Ver
A bit of an Update...

So going to Turkey didn't happen due to finances... So i've ended up moving into a top floor, 1 bed flat!
Bit different from a 3 bed detached house, but Its enough size for me & all my gear... Just!

So here's a couple of pics of the dj gear, production & design beast (still need to get some decent monitors, looking at the M-audio BX5a as i've heard good things plus they're a bargain).

Due to the sunshine coming through the small window that i've not yet got a blind for you can just about see the bargain of the Century on my wall! Only 310 hours used Benq Projector... Ok, its not New 2012, but its new to me & for the bargain price of just
Marybelle Ver
Originally Posted by Dj Havik
how do u find the behringer ddm 4000 is it hard to use.
Yo Dj Havik, the DDM4000 is an Phat piece of kit. Especially once you stick an Innofader in side it. Well worth the money paid. I've had mine about 2.5 yrs, its been a solid mixer at home & out on the road

Originally Posted by eataskdotcom
also, awsome set up
Cheers the cats always bring some fun into mixing vinyl!

Originally Posted by Smaze
Love the pictures of Gizmo dude!
Thanks dude

Originally Posted by dskreet
Thats some dope gear man!
Cheers

Originally Posted by GI Trackt
Nice setup and pics dude! Dang bro, I remember shooting you some messages back on the Torq community years ago man when I first got in the game! Torq will always have a special place in my heart! You and some other guys on the community s over there were always helping out. I was rocking torq with just an x-session pro and trigger finger for years! Great to see you still on the software man!

- Your fellow Torq buddy :-)
Big ups GI Trackt, nice to see you recognize me from the Torq fam....

I'm still loving Torq.
2.0.3 has really addressed a lot of issues, i'm still finding out stuff it does & rocking the parties.
Recently got into Scratching & this has blown my mind...
Definately takes your game to a new level.

Thanks for the comments guys. More recent pics to come

Peace
Barton Rigazio
Nice setup and pics dude! Dang bro, I remember shooting you some messages back on the Torq community years ago man when I first got in the game! Torq will always have a special place in my heart! You and some other guys on the community s over there were always helping out. I was rocking torq with just an x-session pro and trigger finger for years! Great to see you still on the software man!

- Your fellow Torq buddy :-)
Roxie Seldal
Thats some dope gear man!
Mellisa Calenda

also, awsome set up
Georgiann Bayze
how do u find the behringer ddm 4000 is it hard to use.
Francene Cafaro
Love the pictures of Gizmo dude!
Lucrecia Diloreto
Loved the setup, loved the stories and descriptions...LOVED the kitties.
Marybelle Ver
Originally Posted by geminimech
That midi setup is more than adequate for you to unleash your frustration on

When can you be reunited with the rest of your kit?
Hopefully sometime in the next couple of days

Wana get my scratch on...
Verlene Geevarghese
That midi setup is more than adequate for you to unleash your frustration on

When can you be reunited with the rest of your kit?
Verlene Geevarghese
Originally Posted by Will_D
Still sleeping!

Admittidely for the last 3 photo's I had moved him to look like this, but he stayed like it for a good 30 mins ! lol

I used to dislike cats. Then my beloved and I rescued two kittens from the same litter who were only a couple of weeks old when we got them.

Marybelle Ver
So I've inevitably moved... But unfortunately & annoyingly Not to Istanbul.

My current setup is midi only due to the rest of my gear being stored/used at a friends house.

Can't wait to get my innofader back...

The 'midi' Setup

Pc, Decks & a bit of Kitchen counter!
Marybelle Ver
They're good fun. Unfortunately they're in Istanbul now!

Miss the little buggers & my girl
Dorie Scelzo
OMFG, those are cute kittens. I always loved playing for my cats, though they tended to sit/sleep on the monitors instead of the tables.

I don't have any of them on my gear, but your black cat reminds me of one of mine
Marybelle Ver
Originally Posted by Gre3nergy
what is that dj poster in a couple of your pics?!?!?!? where did you get that!?!?! it is one of the SICKEST posters ive seen in a MIN!!!!

props on ur set up/gear!!!
Cheers for the props dude

I'm guessing you mean this one.

I was given it as a gift from a friend.
However I have seen it & smaller versions at the local Uni Poster sales!

Always worth giving them a look.
Arnette Schmieg
what is that dj poster in a couple of your pics?!?!?!? where did you get that!?!?! it is one of the SICKEST posters ive seen in a MIN!!!!

props on ur set up/gear!!!
Carlee Pickard
Dudeeee I love the hookahs scattered through out your pictures . The kittens are cute too. Ohh and nice gear .
Marybelle Ver
In which case...

Here's some cute kitten shots...

No animals were harmed in the taking of these photo's & none of the photo's are staged.

This is how they posed for the camera. Enjoy

He seems to have a bit of an obsession with this TT, I often find him here.

Don't tend to get many of this one, she's always running away

Sleeping under the laptop

He's got something about just sitting cutely & innocently.

Some Serious deep sleep.

Checking he wasn't dead :eek:

Still sleeping!

Admittidely for the last 3 photo's I had moved him to look like this, but he stayed like it for a good 30 mins ! lol
Dorie Scelzo
omfg those cats are cute.
Marybelle Ver
A story added & a couple more photo's.

Nice one Damn Epic setup Torq & Traktor FTW. We rule

Enjoy.
Carlee Mehmedovic
Combo stylee
Some of my setup with a splash of Will D's

Marybelle Ver
Originally Posted by xyloft
wow. looks awesome.

I like this idea of showing how a setup evolves and I'm going to steal it for my post (it's okay... i told you first. )
Thanks, its been great fun getting to this point & I never thought i'd get this far.

Be my guest + its always good to start a trend

Peace
Micaela Scherbert
wow. looks awesome.

I like this idea of showing how a setup evolves and I'm going to steal it for my post (it's okay... i told you first. )

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy