Reply to Will M.D's Setup.

Will M.D's Setup.
*Edited*

A 2012 video/Scratch session..

A lil 2013 setup pic... Ah yeah Caravanning ftw
DSCF0873.jpg

Story & How it all started...

I've always wanted to DJ since I was pretty young, say like 8-9.
Well at around the age of 12 I managed to get my first DJ gig at a friends 8th birthday party!
Obviously at the time this was pretty epic. My first gig, but I had no gear & only a few cds.
So I somehow managed to get together an 8 channel mixer, 2 cd players (of which one was an all in one high stack Sony Hi-fi!), a Pa system, A strobe light which I still to this day have, along with another couple of lights I managed to borrow.

This was the first real taste of anything like this I had experienced. Even setting up the gear seemed pretty easy to me, even though it was my first time seeing a lot of the gear , I just remember looking carefully & taking logical steps to put it all together & it all worked!

"This is it" I remember believeing, everything just managed to go amazingly. I would just blend in the new tune with the upfaders & everynow & then put the strobe on & the kids would go crazy.

I had headphones, but no way of pitching any of the songs, but this didn't matter.
It was a great evening , all the kids had fun, including me & still to this day I remember it in such vividness. Ok its only 15yrs ago, but a lots happened since then...

I started playing the Bass at the age of 13 & Drums at the age of 14.
DJing somehow didn't seem to have its hold over me tight enough at this point.

So played the Drums until I was 18 and then bass until I was 21 but at the age of 20 I was offered the oppurtunity I had needed. Some Decks!

I still have my bass (Fender Jazz) but she's a bit poorly & needs so major TlC.

So the crazyness started just over 7yrs ago when I was 20!
I'm now 27 :eek: & DJing is still getting better & better & more fun everyday.

Here's pretty much a picture by picture update from early 2004 to the current day 26th Nov 2011.

There's one thing i'm sure of, it will definately get more & more interesting as the years progress.

I can't wait.

Current setup - 2 x Technics 1200, DDM4000 w/ Innofader, MPD24, Conectiv, Xponent, Sennheiser HD-25, Dell Inspiron E1705, Custom OCuk Quadcore Pc. Cubase 5, Torq 2.0.2.

The 1st setup

Total cost
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy