Progressive Trance Mix Train

Progressive Trance Mix Train
Posted on: 18.06.2011 by Latoria Kavulich
Looking for a few good men (or women) to put together two hours of progressive trance magic.

Depending on interest, we will decide on slot lengths etc but generally 4 slots of 30 minutes is good. I'm looking for intermediate to advanced dj's for this. I MAY jump on the train myself if necessary but would rather showcase some of you guys preferably.
Anyway, here are some guidelines:

- (again, depending on interest) Your slot will be 30 mins + around 3 mins mixing room

- You will have no more than TWO WEEKS to complete your section and pass the mix onto the next person

- BPM range will be 130 - 140 (preferably starting lower and creeping up as the mix progresses)

- Do not edit or tweak the previous section in any way.

- Your section plus the mix in must be silky smooth, gain levels between sections must be spot on etc.

- Hosting etc TBA, Our soundcloud gets around 500 plays/week but if i'm not part of the train we will need someone else with a pro account to host this for at least 3 months. The Psytrain 2.0 has only been up 2-3 days and has over 200 plays, not bad for a long mix.

- It is highly likely that this mix will be on at least 2 radio stations so will be good promotion.

-
Nathan Reincke
wouldnt consider myself intermediate or advanced.. but ill share my link and would love the critique.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-simms-2/10-26
Kristofer Krauel
come on sort your shit out guys. otherwise why put your name down?!?!
Lucrecia Diloreto
I gave up a long time ago since noone gave me a direct reply. oh well.
Kristofer Krauel
whats happening with this guys?!
Daren Pemrick
Sooooo...what's the deal with the second train? It's been a while now.
Latoria Kavulich
someone pm'd me? lost in transit i believe
Kristofer Krauel
Just downloaded and listened and it's got a good feel to it!!

@DigitalDevil, great work touching up the mix. Thanks for your work man.
May Artman
Bumpin this since we're live - http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=34793

Got 1 MIA on the other side of things?
May Artman
"Done." PMed the link to jester/kooper and once we get everything agreeable I'll make it public.
Lucrecia Diloreto
So umm....is Fourth Frequency gonna redo their part? =\ I been waiting around lol.
May Artman
Decided to rework some stuff to fill in 10 minutes and maybe get some creativity into the intro (Cosmic Gate used the same track to open their essential mix and did a much better job of it, so I feel like its got to go), so this is back on the table a bit longer.
May Artman
No biggie, I had the same issue for a loooong time before ever realizing it. Once you're aware of it, its not too hard to fix.
Kristofer Krauel
I can only apologise for my shocking levels. Sorry man.
May Artman
Finished first master runthrough last evening . I'll have another go at it toevening , upload and see if you (jester/kooper) want any changes before making it public.

also @jester, the total time is about 1:50, let me know if this will be a problem with the radio bit and i'll even it out to 2 hours
Latoria Kavulich
no more anjuna then
Latoria Kavulich
i can master the final if you guys want
May Artman
Got p4 in.. the leveling is definitely going to take some time tho. Gotta watch those levels on the mix-ins, energy drops when the outgoing track just vanishes and there's no headroom to pick up.

(this is the wave through p3)

For everyone keeping score at home we've got 9 of the 20 total tracks coming from Anjunabeats and 4 Mat Zo appearances.
Kristofer Krauel
Here it is Part 3.

[ame="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4JGTNRG4"]MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service[/ame]

1. Sunny Lax - P.U.M.A (Mat Zo Remix)
2. D-Mad - Solidarity
3. Flashtech - 123
4. Brian Kearney & Liam Melly - Second Nature (2nd Phase Remix)
Kristofer Krauel
I'll have the first 3 parts posted up toevening . Somehow I managed to make a complete hash of it when patching together in Ableton but it should be finished once I get in from work. Could do with someone checking levels etc cos I am completely useless when it comes to mastering!!
May Artman
First runthrough recording of my part is done and I'm pretty satisfied with it... ended up with a completely different set of tracks than I was originally believeing of. We'll probably have this wrapped up with leveling and all by the end of the weekend.
Kristofer Krauel
Thanks mate. appreciate the info. sorting it now.
May Artman
Originally Posted by kooper1980
ok need a little advice. my new part was completed using Traktor but i used Ableton to patch my mix on to the previous part...... only problem is that Ableton has equalised the BPM's so the entire mix is now at 130BPM and if i increase it to 134 the whole thing increases which makes the slower stuff at the start sound all chipmunk like. Any ideas how i can gradually increase the BPM from 130 - 134? sorry!!
It'll probably be easier to just upload section 3 separately and let me patch it in as the resident Ableton guy but I'll explain if you wanna go for it anyways.

If you put a track in Ableton with no warp markers, you can just match the clip tempo with the master tempo (regardless of what it is) and it will play just as recorded... if you actually have all the beats warped you'd have to do an automation line for the BPM on the master channel. So, you could:

1) Set the master tempo to 134
2) Put a warp marker at the first beat (delete all others)
3) Set the clip tempo to 134 from that warp marker
4) Pick a convenient spot a couple minutes from the end, place a warp marker on a beat and bring it to the nearest measure start and warp manually to the end
5) Patch the next part in
Dana Arntz
ok need a little advice. my new part was completed using Traktor but i used Ableton to patch my mix on to the previous part...... only problem is that Ableton has equalised the BPM's so the entire mix is now at 130BPM and if i increase it to 134 the whole thing increases which makes the slower stuff at the start sound all chipmunk like. Any ideas how i can gradually increase the BPM from 130 - 134? sorry!!
Not too familiar with Ableton warping/pitching, but one option would be to re-record the mix at 134 BPM I suppose.
Kristofer Krauel
Kristofer Krauel
EDIT: Final track is Bryan Kearney & Liam Melly - Second Nature (2nd phase remix) originally said it was Tritonal sorry!!!

Pretty much done. Just need to check the mix for levels etc so will post up tomorrow or wed latest.
May Artman
Not too worried about anything in particular, go nuts

edit: also if you could post your last track before posting up the whole mix I could move things along quicker, don't know when I'll have a chance to get to this after this weekend
Kristofer Krauel
@DigitalDevil, you got any monsters lined up for your closing mix that you want me to stay away from?
Kristofer Krauel
You sure man? I'll get this sorted this weekend then.
Cindi Freiler
great job!
Margie Pavell
go ahead and do it...i need to work on my own stuff for a change...
Kristofer Krauel
@Keith if you want the 3rd slot I'm cool with giving it up. Let me know pal cos I'm gonna do this tomorrow otherwise.
Margie Pavell
tempted to hop on...
Aron Gausin
I didn't even notice that when I re-listened to it, I put it in audacity as well and noticed it then. I'll fix it by toevening , sorry about that
Lucrecia Diloreto
Well, i listened to mix #1 while driving to work and back yesterday and there was some serious sound issues. I got home, loaded the file on Audacity and sure enough there was a huge sound difference from the first half of the mix, to the second.

I did a few practice mixes into it last evening , and it was just a bit tough mixing into that section due to the sound issues. Hopefully i can find a way around that toevening . Either way, ill have my part done by or on saturday.
Stephnie Godbole
sounds interesting... sadly i dont have much Progressive trance. I have alot of Epic trance and euphoric trance ect.ect.
May Artman
Staying there is fine if you want, I don't really play much of the harder 140+ kind of stuff.
Kristofer Krauel
I'm cool with that. I'll just pick up from where I finished slot 2 and you can wrap things up. You want me to pick things up from 134 or you happy for me to stick at that?
May Artman
That Yuri Kane track is hot!!
For sure... its been getting air time from just about everyone lately with good reason. Track choices from everyone so far have been right up my alley.

It seems we only have 2 on the 2nd train. We have an hour completed but no-one to pass it on to.
I'm down for another b2b since the MIA 2 still haven't chimed in. Would prefer slot 4 but I'm fine with 3 if you really wanna close.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
everything going smoothly over here?
It seems we only have 2 on the 2nd train. We have an hour completed but no-one to pass it on to.
Aron Gausin
@fourth_Frequency Very nice tracklist. That Yuri Kane track is hot!!
I know I love it!! Heard it on ASOT and had to get it, the Original is just as good as well

<< Back to REMIX section. Mistapes, Podcasts, Breaks, and Soundcloud linksReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy