Serato Scratch Live 1.9 Announcement

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Serato Scratch Live 1.9 AnnouncementReply
Serato Scratch Live 1.9 Announcement
Posted on: 15.01.2009 by Predrag Mladenovic
http://serato.com/news/id/2677
Announcing Scratch Live 1.9

New for 2009, Serato Scratch Live 1.9 now arms DJs with more tools than ever. This free upgrade places a stunning array of features at DJ's fingertips, enabling creative possibilities never seen before. Major new features include SP-6 Sample Player, LiveFeed, native MEP-7000 support, Loop Roll, enhanced History, and support for Video-SL 1.1.

The new SP-6 Sample Player adds six extra audio players that can be triggered with the computer keyboard or a MIDI controller, turning compatible Rane hardware into a high performance sampler.

Brand new in Scratch Live 1.9 is a groundbreaking feature called LiveFeed, taking live external audio and placing it directly on a Scratch Live virtual deck, all in real time. The DJ has instant control of live external audio with Vinyl, CD or MIDI.

"LiveFeed gives DJs a live stream of audio to mess with, the creative possibilities are really endless", reports General Manager, Sam Gribben.

The Pioneer MEP-7000 gains plug-and-play native support, joining the popular Pioneer CDJ-400 as a Scratch Live control surface. Control CDs are not required, and song data is shown directly on the MEP-7000's displays.

Loop Roll adds an interesting new stutter effect, which can also be used in conjunction with the new LiveFeed feature.

The History function now keeps a comprehensive record of every track played, during every gig. This is a real time saver for professional DJs who need to log their sessions.

Album Art is also added to the virtual deck in Scratch Live, assisting with rapid song identification.

Scratch Live 1.9 also adds offline video playback, in conjunction with the Video-SL 1.1 plug-in, also being shown at NAMM 2009. This feature lets Serato Video-SL users manage effects, cue and loop points for their videos without hardware connected. Video-SL 1.1 adds support for the Rane SL 1 and Rane MP 4.

A public beta of Scratch Live version 1.9 commences Monday the 19th of January (New Zealand time).
Yuonne Cauthron
so every 2 channel mixer is for beat jugglers?

throw out all your VSI-100's everyone!
Petra Georgianna
Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker
why would you need more than 2 channels on the mixer if you've only got 2 channels from serato?

you don't, the point is the mixer is targeted toward a beat juggling, scratch DJ. Not a House or Trance DJ
Yuonne Cauthron
why would you need more than 2 channels on the mixer if you've only got 2 channels from serato?
Petra Georgianna
There's only 2 channels on Serato....
exactly, a battle style mixer
Yuonne Cauthron
Originally Posted by mtvstinks
the SL-57 being a battle style mixer....
There's only 2 channels on Serato....
Petra Georgianna
I'm not a hip hop DJ and I use serato.

Now, don't get me wrong, serato isn't perfect, nor is it the best thing since sliced bread. But I believe it gets a bad rap in this community . It's a good piece of software and I'm happy to seem them making some serious advancements in the software. Keeping me hanging onto my box for a little longer, as I contemplate the switch to traktor.
Please, don't get me wrong. Much respect for Serato. It is an excellent product and I did not mean to throw SL into the hip hop only category. I does work extremely well for all types of DJ. With that said, it does appear that Serato is pitching their product to the Hip Hop DJ as shown with whitelabel.net and the SL-57 being a battle style mixer....

Maybe I don't know. I have not been to a hip hop club since they started to holla' about sippin in da club.
MadMan Ajms
I know AbleItch is coming soon..so I am not selling anything soon.
Yuonne Cauthron
I'm not a hip hop DJ and I use serato.

Now, don't get me wrong, serato isn't perfect, nor is it the best thing since sliced bread. But I believe it gets a bad rap in this community . It's a good piece of software and I'm happy to seem them making some serious advancements in the software. Keeping me hanging onto my box for a little longer, as I contemplate the switch to traktor.
Petra Georgianna
Really? do we need FX in Serato? As a former Serato owner, (moved to Traktor-however I still like Serato) I suggest no.

I moved away from SL because it seemed to be for Hip-Hop type dj's. I am not sure hip hop and FX work? Flanger over Tribe Called Quest? Sure some beat repeat type are good but a sweeping low to high pass filter and Kool Keith...?
MadMan Ajms
I dunno what these Serato heads are up to..maybe just a bunch of old rockers.
I mean the SSL unit comes with a foot petal, so maybe the live feed is for a microphone
for rappers, etc..
All I can say is I am a bit bummed without an Ableton link by now and no fx
and NI did not dump 1.03 even yet..so bummed.
For me, this Namm sux. I mean 1.09 is cool, but nothing that earth shaking than a little
spiced up update, but for Namm, I was expecting some gear or real new shite.
Akai is the only real eye turner that I see and the VCM-400 is sweet.
Yuonne Cauthron
Eh, I use a drop sampler, but for things like track previews.

the only thing they showed off that was freakin awesome was the History. That's been a long time coming.

But I wanna see LiveFeed...I Can't believe they didn't show it. But you guys heard him say "i need a microphone"
MadMan Ajms
for me the demo and announcement is not very exciting..I mean a drop sampler is kind of dated stuff for wedding dj's or radio dj's. I am nt really looking to drop air sirens in my sets anymore. Dropping loops is cool, but if they have no pitch or sync, what is the point.
I mean for a Namm show and this is their "big announcement"? Weird..
Should have been a Ableton SSL app.
Yuonne Cauthron
of course they don't show livefeed!! DANGIT! I don't wanna wait until sunday!
MadMan Ajms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qESP2QwElg
Xavier Emanuels
Ok, great. it doesn't demonstrate a collab as far as we know.

Don't let that diminish the coolness of 1.9 as is!
Haha i never said it wasnt cool I like the updates.
Yuonne Cauthron
Ok, great. it doesn't demonstrate a collab as far as we know.

Don't let that diminish the coolness of 1.9 as is!
DJ Strutzip
but it in no way demonstrates the colaboration in which Ableton and Serato announced at the same time Traktor Pro was released.

Where's the Ableton, Serato?
Where's the Serato, Ableton?
Yuonne Cauthron
scratch and control any live feed is still epic, no matter where it's coming from, ableton or direct input.
DJ Strutzip
I'm with Bento. I don't see an Ableton stamp on any of this. I believe they mean Microphone or guitar or the like... you know, live...
Yuonne Cauthron
I dunno...i believe this is a pretty big deal...

just because you're not impressed...
Xavier Emanuels
I just get the opinion they would have made a bigger deal about the colaboration.
Yuonne Cauthron
Originally Posted by BentoSan
I was believeing that what they ment by that is that you could record audio onto a deck then remanipulate it.

Could turn out to be more though i guess.
"LiveFeed gives DJs a live stream of audio to mess with, the creative possibilities are really endless", reports General Manager, Sam Gribben.

that tells me, LIVE audio...when i see live and stream in the same sentance..you know?
Xavier Emanuels
also, they said "feed live audio" so even if it's not ableton, who cares? i can cut up and scratch live audio? F*CK yes.
I was believeing that what they ment by that is that you could record audio onto a deck then remanipulate it.

Could turn out to be more though i guess.
Yuonne Cauthron
MoRice: The beta starts sunday. so you can get your hands on it then!

Bento: I suppose I'm making the assumption with the word "live" however the serato community s are lit up with speculation!

also, they said "feed live audio" so even if it's not ableton, who cares? i can cut up and scratch live audio? F*CK yes.
Xavier Emanuels
uhm...this IS their ableton marriage!

controlling live audio with vinyl is nothing to snease at!
Where does it say anything about Ableton ?
Robin Lithgow
Any word on when this will actually be released? they just updated to 1.8.3 last week or something.
Yuonne Cauthron
uhm...this IS their ableton marriage!

controlling live audio with vinyl is nothing to snease at!
MadMan Ajms
cool, but what happened to their Ableton marriage?? I was hoping for something for fx..man I am bummed.
Roberto Viccione
that would be amazing
Yuonne Cauthron
Also, the ability to control LIVE audio with the vinyl is amazing...I'm gonna have to toy with this one, but now it might be interesting to add a DJ to my band, so they could rewind, cut up, FX tracks of audio while we're playing live!!

That...would...be....amazing!
Yuonne Cauthron
yeah that's the onion news network...

but as far as FX, serato at least has the Loop Roll, officially, now. I've been using the easter egg since october. hehehe
Roberto Viccione
Who'd ever want to use a wheel?

god
Xavier Emanuels
Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly
Hmmm, but will Serato support the MacBook Wheel?
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide..._revolutionary
You gotta be kidding me :\ That will never take on.
Roberto Viccione
that's... that's awesome
Dj Gjaka
Hmmm, but will Serato support the MacBook Wheel?
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide..._revolutionary
Cristian Carmona
Hey if I had the 57SL I would be using Serato but it too expensive & most clubs only have the box, not the mixer.
Xavier Emanuels
Originally Posted by JesC
Still no fx's?
It has effects but you need a Rane's TTM-57SL mixer to use them - thats how their business model works sadly.
Roberto Viccione
But they have the autolooper! that thing is, like, my favorite part about T3 (even thought it's not an autolooper, it's a beatmasher, which sounds SO much cooler)
Cristian Carmona
Still no fx's?
Xavier Emanuels
Originally Posted by neworleansTECH
Brand new in Scratch Live 1.9 is a groundbreaking feature called LiveFeed, taking live external audio and placing it directly on a Scratch Live virtual deck, all in real time. The DJ has instant control of live external audio with Vinyl, CD or MIDI.
About time a dj program done that - Nice work work Serato right there.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy