Serato Scratch Live 1.9 Announcement

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Serato Scratch Live 1.9 AnnouncementReply
Serato Scratch Live 1.9 Announcement
Posted on: 15.01.2009 by Predrag Mladenovic
http://serato.com/news/id/2677
Announcing Scratch Live 1.9

New for 2009, Serato Scratch Live 1.9 now arms DJs with more tools than ever. This free upgrade places a stunning array of features at DJ's fingertips, enabling creative possibilities never seen before. Major new features include SP-6 Sample Player, LiveFeed, native MEP-7000 support, Loop Roll, enhanced History, and support for Video-SL 1.1.

The new SP-6 Sample Player adds six extra audio players that can be triggered with the computer keyboard or a MIDI controller, turning compatible Rane hardware into a high performance sampler.

Brand new in Scratch Live 1.9 is a groundbreaking feature called LiveFeed, taking live external audio and placing it directly on a Scratch Live virtual deck, all in real time. The DJ has instant control of live external audio with Vinyl, CD or MIDI.

"LiveFeed gives DJs a live stream of audio to mess with, the creative possibilities are really endless", reports General Manager, Sam Gribben.

The Pioneer MEP-7000 gains plug-and-play native support, joining the popular Pioneer CDJ-400 as a Scratch Live control surface. Control CDs are not required, and song data is shown directly on the MEP-7000's displays.

Loop Roll adds an interesting new stutter effect, which can also be used in conjunction with the new LiveFeed feature.

The History function now keeps a comprehensive record of every track played, during every gig. This is a real time saver for professional DJs who need to log their sessions.

Album Art is also added to the virtual deck in Scratch Live, assisting with rapid song identification.

Scratch Live 1.9 also adds offline video playback, in conjunction with the Video-SL 1.1 plug-in, also being shown at NAMM 2009. This feature lets Serato Video-SL users manage effects, cue and loop points for their videos without hardware connected. Video-SL 1.1 adds support for the Rane SL 1 and Rane MP 4.

A public beta of Scratch Live version 1.9 commences Monday the 19th of January (New Zealand time).
Penni Rigor
Hook it up...I'd like to see both videos.
Yuonne Cauthron
I've actually got like 20 minutes of video shot at the last event I did. gotta get my butt to editing the video though. hehe
Cristian Carmona
I hear you, Im going to be using working on a hybrid setup 1200's & VCI pretty soon, being that I play alot of hip hop at a club in l.a. I will have to show my skills on the tables with a video pretty soon
Yuonne Cauthron
I use traktor from time to time, or other things from time to time. But usually it's my custom keyboard or guitar (depending on the type of show) my DaScratch, and a little sexy serato action. ^_^

I've been using internal mode more and more lately though. It's quite nice! It's visual enough that I don't have to use my headphones to beatmatch.
Cristian Carmona
Thats how I am with my VCI-SE & my Audio 8
Yuonne Cauthron
hehe, heck no! My serato box and I are joined at the hip!
Cristian Carmona
Oh wow, I didnt know that. I guess I will buy a serato box, do you have one for sale?
Yuonne Cauthron
There's no work around. You need a piece of Rane Hardware. End of story. heh. Even with the denon, or VCI-300
Cristian Carmona
I see, being that denon controllers are supported. I wondering whats the work around to use that, just plug & play?
Yuonne Cauthron
Nope, you need at LEAST the SL1.
Cristian Carmona
question, can you use serato in internal mode without the box? and still be able to use both decks & midi everything to a vci-100?
Yuonne Cauthron
I do all my maps manually + some bomes muscles.

It helps assure that it's exactly how I need it.
Penni Rigor
I meant for fast scratching like I do with my vinyl/traktor. It was a little to "stuttery"(haha) for me, but I'm definitely gonna give it another shot when i get home. Have you found any maps for the program yet, or did you do it all on your own? Thanks again for the input.
Yuonne Cauthron
Lol, too much delay? sounds like you didn't set it up correctly. I've got less delay than my vinyl with my guitar (sans needle drop)
Penni Rigor
yeah...I tried that and it had too much of a delay for me, but thanks. Guess I better get cracking on Traktor.
Yuonne Cauthron
Just back up.

Ok, you don't want to use any fancy thing.

You want to tie the VCI-100 jog wheel to the push and pull of the record. like fine forward/rewind, and fastforward rewind.

It's not the cleanest solution, but it's the only one you've got. (it's how I do record navigation with my guitar)
Penni Rigor
Yes...please tell how to use with the jog and how you mapped them all(if possible). Like I said, I'm very comfortable with Serato now until I can learn Traktor better. I just got it, but already realize the possibilities.
MadMan Ajms
I have Serato and like it and will like it better if you can tell me how to get jogs to work..very curious. I was told the jogs do not even use midi data but some other code that works with certain Serato approved players like Denon, Pioneer..
???
Yuonne Cauthron
Actually, the Jogwheels work FINE with serato. you just have to do some creative programming. If I recall I did a little bomes work to get it to function correctly.

(and PLEASE lets not turn this into a trashing serato thread again)
MadMan Ajms
You could use most controls with SSL except the jog wheels (internal mode).
I am wondering why would you want to use SSL over Traktor?
Traktor is more powerful and works perfect with VCI-100.

Jogs do not work with midi controllers..(why??..Serato are weird!)
No fx too..Use Traktor!
Penni Rigor
I've mapped most of the midi manually, but can't figure out how to make the jog wheels work together with it. Is there a map out there? Any thoughts? Thanks.
Yuonne Cauthron
The VCI-100 works just fine with serato. I've used serato with a VCI-100 before and it worked great.

It does not, and will not work with serato itch, however. You need the VCI-300 for that.
Penni Rigor
Will the Vestax vci-100 be able to be used with Serato at any point. I have both Serato and Traktor Pro(just got it). I'm used to mixin with Serato and have used it with my TT set up, but would like to have the option to use it with my vci-100. I didn't see another thread with this topic. Maybe this isn't even possible because of Serato's external hardware. Thanks. ps..can't wait to utilize my 1.9 upgrade
Petra Georgianna
Thanks for keeping us on track

I am curious about the Live Feed, is this using anything from Ableton? Does anyone know?
Xavier Emanuels
Yup i cant wait to see a really good turntablist set abusing all of the new features
Anushka jayamaha
Back to the topic I can't wait to try this upgrade out with my boys TTM and some old Platypus and Banzai records + Live feed should give some dope mixes .
Xavier Emanuels
Originally Posted by BentoSan
Come to believe of it, cant we just stay on topic ?
That wasnt a question - that was me trying to ask politely

Keep on topic guys.
Petra Georgianna
Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker
look how clever you are pointing their rotary mixer. You know what I meant.
guess my point is lost. I am just commenting on the FX in Serato thread. I guess I was not aware how sensitive this subject is. Not trying to convince anyone otherwise.
Petra Georgianna
Originally Posted by darrel855
That doesn't have 3 bands of EQ why would a house or trance dj mix on that ?
are you serious?
Yuonne Cauthron
Originally Posted by mtvstinks
Really

do these?
MP 2016S Rotary Mixer
http://rane.com/mp2016s.html
look how clever you are pointing their rotary mixer. You know what I meant.
Xavier Emanuels
Come to believe of it, cant we just stay on topic ?
Anushka jayamaha
Really

do these?
MP 2016S Rotary Mixer
That doesn't have 3 bands of EQ why would a house or trance dj mix on that ?
Anushka jayamaha
yes you are correct but if there ever was an example of a battle style mixer can you deny that this is the one. I mean magnetic faders for quick response.
So you're sayin it gives you another tool to mix better .
Petra Georgianna
Uhm...all of their current gen mixers have magnetic faders...

edit: Yes that also includes their 19" rack 5 channel club mixers
Really

do these?
MP 2016S Rotary Mixer
Yuonne Cauthron
Uhm...all of their current gen mixers have magnetic faders...

edit: Yes that also includes their 19" rack 5 channel club mixers
Xavier Emanuels
yes you are correct but if there ever was an example of a battle style mixer can you deny that this is the one. I mean magnetic faders for quick response.
I wish my vci had a high a faders\crossfader as whats on that stuff and i am no battle dj.
Petra Georgianna
Originally Posted by Chilly
Not true, the software...MAYBE....but the mixer is just for house and trance dj's.

Tell me why it's not.

Tell me why house and trance dj's need more than 2 channels (it technically has 4 channels, but only 2 can be active at any time).

The answer is...they don't!

It's all in YOUR style and how YOU play. Bottom line. Period.
Nick Ross
you don't, the point is the mixer is targeted toward a beat juggling, scratch DJ. Not a House or Trance DJ
Not true, the software...MAYBE....but the mixer is just for house and trance dj's.

Tell me why it's not.

Tell me why house and trance dj's need more than 2 channels (it technically has 4 channels, but only 2 can be active at any time).

The answer is...they don't!

It's all in YOUR style and how YOU play. Bottom line. Period.
Anushka jayamaha
you don't, the point is the mixer is targeted toward a beat juggling, scratch DJ. Not a House or Trance DJ
A good dj regardless of style can mix on anything . I have no problem mixing house on the Rane .
Petra Georgianna
so every 2 channel mixer is for beat jugglers?

throw out all your VSI-100's everyone!
Really, that is the message you get?

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy