Download the Latest VCI-100SE Mapping (3.6.4)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Download the Latest VCI-100SE Mapping (3.6.4)Reply
Download the Latest VCI-100SE Mapping (3.6.4)
Posted on: 01.11.2010 by Jodi Lacerra
Requirements
  • You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.
  • These files are compatible with firmware 1.2/1.3/1.4

To Load this file
  • Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab
  • If this is your first time loading the TSI file, please load it 2 TIMES for the fx to load properly.
  • The 1st and 2nd time you run Traktor after importing this TSI file, the controller may lock up in fader fx mode. Just quit and re-open the program twice and the issue should go away.

What Settings to Load
  • MIDI: Everyone
  • EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
  • LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
  • ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

WHAT CHANGED?
  • Added support for the high res faders and jogs in firmware 1.4
  • Changed back original Play/Pause functionality. Use Shift + Play to "Re-Play".
  • Changed back the chained FX presets in the effect section (4 knobs and buttons) to old style
  • Shift + FX Preset 1 now turns on/off the Audio Recorder
  • Shift + Gain knob makes Gain have soft takeover
  • Shift + Headphone level controls Master Volume
  • Fixed Key knob functionality (Shift + Filter)
  • Made 2 tsi versions to fix incompatibility issues (FW 1.3 & FW 1.4). Note: FW 1.4 version will still work with older firmwares.
  • Other minor bug fixes
  • Updated walk through pdf to match mapping changes

Please also check that your In and Out ports are properly set to your VCI-100 (i.e., Vestax PC Controller)

Issues? Questions? Feedback is appreciated.

This mapping has also been modified to work with Traktor Pro 2. All of the same features and functionality remain as the mapping in this thread. Please see this thread: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28029
Leeanna Ayla
Nice!
Jodi Lacerra
For those who are using PCs and are getting the glitch noise issues when pressing Shift or either of the Juggle Buttons, I believe I have found a solution.

In order to properly test the problem, I got my PC to consistently experience those glitch issues and am working on a mapping that has nearly all the same functionality but without any glitch noises.

After close examination, I couldn't figure out any single function or group of functions that was causing the noise so I started just re-writing the entire mapping from scratch and checking to see if the glitch noise came back after each function I added in.

At this point, I am nearly done, I just need to fix up Fader FX, the sampler (which I am going to change a bit) and the FX presets. Otherwise, it seems to work fine (although I need to test it further).

Just letting you PC people know, so you don't lose hope on your VCI-100. If anyone absolutely needs a mapping like this to play out live on their PC let me know (email me or post on this thread) and I can send you what I have so far. I just don't want to post it on the community s until it's fully done and tested.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Brainstormcrib
Is there a hidden function for manually applying the deck as a master deck.

Maybe let's say, Shift + Sync, instead of key lock
There is not currently a function in this mapping to make a deck the Master Tempo. If you want to make this Shift+Sync you will want to do the following:

1. Go into the mapping in the controller manager, sort by comments, and delete all instances of Key Lock
2. Go to: Add In...->Tempo->Set to Master. Put M7=1 into either one of the Modifier conditions (order doesn't matter). This makes it a Shift function. Click "Learn" and press the appropriate Sync button.
3. I assume you will want this for all 4 decks so you will need to make 4 instances of the Set to Master command, one Assigned to each deck. You need to Learn the L Sync button for Decks A/C and the R Sync button for Decks B/D. Make sure to also set the Deck "Assignment" for each instance.
4. In the other Modifier conditions put M4=0 for Deck A, M4=1 for Deck C, M8=0 for Deck B, and M8=2 for Deck D.

That should be it.
Sulema Holzer
First of all ...
Thank you for all the goodies provided on this site.

Hey, Flashflooder

I though I seen this before. If not, how can I get that, let's say assigned to Shift + Scratch button. of the deck I wanna make Master. Its right next to sync so that would be great. for fast access.

I know the Scratch button is a toggle button so I doesn't have to be that one
Maybe let's say, Shift + Sync, instead of key lock, which is also available right now by pressing Shift and slightly nudging "or" turning the filter. So maybe we can get that to be the way to deal with key. And
Shift + Sync can be to assign the Master Deck. : )

I believe that's more useful... !? thoughts please.

Hopefully if you can, or tell me how to do it. ill try.

I love the S4, but I still prefer the spontaneity of the VCi-100 IMO.

Thank you.
Sulema Holzer
Hey, Flashflooder

I though I seen this before. If not, how can I get that, let's say assigned to Shift + Scratch button. of the deck I wanna make Master. Its right next to sync so that would be great. for fast access.

I know the Scratch button is a toggle button so I doesn't have to be that one
Maybe let's say, Shift + Sync, instead of key lock, which is also available right now by pressing Shift and slightly nudging "or" turning the filter. So maybe we can get that to be the way to deal with key. And
Shift + Sync can be to assign the Master Deck. : )

I believe that's more useful... !? thoughts please.

Hopefully if you can, or tell me how to do it. ill try.

I love the S4, but I still prefer the spontaneity of the VCi-100 IMO.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by calvin01
thanx!!!!
Leeanna Ayla
Try streamlining and quit everything you don't need running to use Traktor. Some people will create a separate partition for using traktor and some will just create a new user account that has all of these processes stopped. You could also upgrade the ram and see if that helps.
Jeannetta Canosa
thanks for yours answers.

I believe my problems come to my PC (intel core core Duo T5500 1.67 Ghz / 1 G ram)
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by rndkiwi
hello!

1. when i scratch with the job wheel and use fader or cross fader, traktor block. it's the same thing with fader fx (the song continu to play but the vci don't work and respond).
Have you tried loading the mapping twice using the big import button? Make sure you restart traktor before each time you load it and that you have the VCI selected in the In/Out ports in the controller manager.

Originally Posted by rndkiwi
2. when i press shift button, juggle, fx preset or route fx, the sound crack (glitch problem)
You can try to use Drew's program he wrote. It's in beta now, but he said there will be a general release soon.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17497

The difference between 1.2 and 1.3 is huge and almost as big between 1.3 and 1.4. Especially if you can use the high res jogs. Personally it was the pitch faders that sold me on 1.4. There have been some issues with some getting 1.4 to work correctly and a few have downgraded to 1.3. but lets stick with it a bit and see if we can figure out what's going on first.
Jeannetta Canosa
Originally Posted by photojojo
Try upgrading to the latest 1.2.7 version of Traktor.
HELLO i'm upgrading to traktor 1.2.7 and the problems are the as 1.2.4

I test the tsi 3.6.3 (download on 3.6.0?) and the problem are the a the tsi 1.6.4 without a good mapping.

when i was on FW 1.2 (green sticker on the back) i don't have problem in scratch like this.

I want to downgrade in FW 1.3 and install the 3.6.4 tsi file for fw 1.3.
The only diff
Jeannetta Canosa
hello i'm upgrading to 1.2.7 and i have exactly the same problems with the 1.2.4. traktor
I've tested the 3.6.3 tsi file and the result is the same.

I want to downgrade my fw on 1.3. what do you believe of this ?
I'm very sad because nothing work well ):

thanks ++
Leeanna Ayla
Jeannetta Canosa
hello!

I have mamny problems with my vci 100 (fw 1.4), the lastest tsi 3.6.4 (i try pc and mac tsi) and traktor pro 1.2.4 (vista) / audi 2dj / the lastest DJTT overlay

1. when i scratch with the job wheel and use fader or cross fader, traktor block. it's the same thing with fader fx (the song continu to play but the vci don't work and respond).

2. when i press shift button, juggle, fx preset or route fx, the sound crack (glitch problem)

can you help me please ?

sorry for my very bad english (french style)
Leeanna Ayla
Might be worth a try to go back to 3.6.4 to see if it works.
Dominick Fornell
Thanks for the help, tried 3.6.3 last evening , seems to be working perfectly so far
Dominick Fornell
Ok, I will try the 3.6.3 toevening and see if this solves it, sorry yeah i haven't tried any other mappings yet, only got this at the weekend so just went for the latest mapping
Leeanna Ayla
Does 3.6.3 work? The only real reason I believe to go to 3.6.4 is for teh hi res jogs and faders you don't have with 1.3.
Dominick Fornell
Sorry yeah version 1.2.7 (latest version)
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by hephph
Updated to the latest mapping last evening , did the usual importing a few times and restarting traktor each time. the pitch faders don't seem to have any effect, they are sending midi cc's but not affecting the software, also the jog wheels will not work in scratch mode, when i touch the platter the song will just stop playing and when i let go it continues on.

anyone got any ideas what might be wrong?

I'm using the 1.3 FW on a mbp
What version of Traktor?
Dominick Fornell
Updated to the latest mapping last evening , did the usual importing a few times and restarting traktor each time. the pitch faders don't seem to have any effect, they are sending midi cc's but not affecting the software, also the jog wheels will not work in scratch mode, when i touch the platter the song will just stop playing and when i let go it continues on.

anyone got any ideas what might be wrong?

I'm using the 1.3 FW on a mbp
Heike Decroix
Originally Posted by Vexx
1. I'm now using the 2_5.tsi, because I don't need any firmware update for it.
2. Yes, it's just the faders that just won't work.

It's quite frustrating, because the mapping is awesome.
Make sure all your settings are for mixing internally. I was installing the traktor demo for a nephew this weekend and had the same problem, then I realized I had one of the settings set of external mixing. Easy fix.
Kelsey Maylone
Originally Posted by mi3s
I had the glitch issue with this mapping and 1.4fw which i solve every time with virtual midi cable,but until when?Will it be any update of the mapping which will solve it?

Thanks in advance!
Any answer?It's awfull having to open each time the midi yoke before open traktor.
Ronni Nerem
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
1. What firmware and .tsi version are you using?

2. does everything else except the faders work normally?
1. I'm now using the 2_5.tsi, because I don't need any firmware update for it.
2. Yes, it's just the faders that just won't work.

It's quite frustrating, because the mapping is awesome.
Kelsey Maylone
I had the glitch issue with this mapping and 1.4fw which i solve every time with virtual midi cable,but until when?Will it be any update of the mapping which will solve it?

Thanks in advance!
Tatum Ansaldo
Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. I tried an older mapping to see what that gave, but had the same problem. Everything works, but it's like the faders and crossfader aren't there. Sliding them doesn't do or change anything what so ever. I don't know what to do... :s
1. What firmware and .tsi version are you using?

2. does everything else except the faders work normally?
Ronni Nerem
Make sure you use the big import button in preferences and import the mapping twice closing Traktor each time.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. I tried an older mapping to see what that gave, but had the same problem. Everything works, but it's like the faders and crossfader aren't there. Sliding them doesn't do or change anything what so ever. I don't know what to do... :s
Leeanna Ayla
Hi,

I have a problem with this mapping. When I load it, my faders and crossfader are gone an not working at all. What can I do about this?

Grtz,

Vexx
Make sure you use the big import button in preferences and import the mapping twice closing Traktor each time.

Originally Posted by Schindler
I have a Problem with this mapping. In Fader FX mode i can only control the first effect. The Line Fader also regulates the first effect such that i cannot control effect 2 and 3.

Is this because i have Firmware 1.2?

The scratching does not work either. Pitch Bend works fine, but if i press the scratch button the jog wheel seems disabled?

Are this issues designated to the old firmware i use?
You have to be on at least the 1.3 firmware to use the DJTT mappings.
Nguyet Mcgarrell
I have a Problem with this mapping. In Fader FX mode i can only control the first effect. The Line Fader also regulates the first effect such that i cannot control effect 2 and 3.

Is this because i have Firmware 1.2?

The scratching does not work either. Pitch Bend works fine, but if i press the scratch button the jog wheel seems disabled?

Are this issues designated to the old firmware i use?
Ronni Nerem
Hi,

I have a problem with this mapping. When I load it, my faders and crossfader are gone an not working at all. What can I do about this?

Grtz,

Vexx
Mel Manelski
Originally Posted by flashflooder
You will want to look in the Controller Manager of the Preferences, find the VCI-100SE mapping in the Device listbox, and sort by comments:

You should see 4 instances of "Play Deck _" with "_" being A/B/C/D, these will all have a Condition of M3=0, you will want to change these to M3=5.

A little down from there you will see 4 instances of "Re-Play Deck _" & 4 instances of "Re-Play: Shift + Play". These will all have a condition of M3=5 which you will need to change to M3=0.

That's all you should need to change.

In case you were wondering, you don't need to mess with the Play Deck _ LED instances. Although for some reason I can't get the Play button LEDs to work properly when holding shift so this may throw you off if you now plan to use Shift+Play to Play/Pause the track and you are looking for LED feedback.

yeah got it working, thanks a lot!
Didn't pay attention to the LED issue yet, will have a look at it, but anyways its not that important for me
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by mi3s
I have a little problems with this mapping.When i press enter/shift button i get cracks in the sounds but the audio settings are the same.Any suggestions?
I have this on my plate to figure out exactly why and solve it for people but I am still trying to gather more information.

Please let me know if you have used a prior VCI-100SE mapping of ours and not had this problem and indicate which version mapping worked for you and also note what computer, OS, and version of Traktor you are currently running when you had this issue.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by awesomesoundtrooper
Which controls and modifiers do i have to change if i want the Re-Play (and not Play/Pause) as Standard - without pressing shift - in 3.6.4?
You will want to look in the Controller Manager of the Preferences, find the VCI-100SE mapping in the Device listbox, and sort by comments:

You should see 4 instances of "Play Deck _" with "_" being A/B/C/D, these will all have a Condition of M3=0, you will want to change these to M3=5.

A little down from there you will see 4 instances of "Re-Play Deck _" & 4 instances of "Re-Play: Shift + Play". These will all have a condition of M3=5 which you will need to change to M3=0.

That's all you should need to change.

In case you were wondering, you don't need to mess with the Play Deck _ LED instances. Although for some reason I can't get the Play button LEDs to work properly when holding shift so this may throw you off if you now plan to use Shift+Play to Play/Pause the track and you are looking for LED feedback.
Kelsey Maylone
I have a little problems with this mapping.When i press enter/shift button i get cracks in the sounds but the audio settings are the same.Any suggestions?
Aprizal Rustarmadi
im looking for confirmation on an issue i just noticed with fx unit 1. after loading any fx preset into fx unit 1 and then moving the left channel volume fader near the top or bottom of its range while in faderfx mode, resets the parameter of the effect in slot 1 to a value of 4 or so.

its not that big of a deal but i like the preset values for beatmasher and gater that occupy effect slot 1 when you load an fx preset. it only happens on effect unit 1 and i has been happening since tsi 3.6.0 but not before.

please check your unit and let me know if moving your left volume fader while in fader fx mode changes the value of effect 1 in fx unit 1.

thanks

edit: dont know how or why but this issue has come n gone... it was probably due to a new import without closing and reopening traktor a couple times... sorry
Tatum Ansaldo
lol I meant people want play pause to be cue play or vice versa.
Dillon Paganini
haha just solder them in backwards. thats what i did for my arcade buttons when i did my mod. now its play cue echo slice cross slice echo cue play!
Tatum Ansaldo
flashflooder must hate us, there's always someone who wants the Play button the other way round!
Mel Manelski
Which controls and modifiers do i have to change if i want the Re-Play (and not Play/Pause) as Standard - without pressing shift - in 3.6.4?
Jolyn Brunello
played with vci today.sampler works no problem.all is good.thanx
Sherryl Dvorscak
After a long evening I believe the problem is my Sound Interface U46XL... Iwill see

thanks for the trouble
Sherryl Dvorscak
There were no problems with the Mapping 3.5.2, also with the proficient product to 1.4 and the Mapping 3.5.2 (even if these harmonize not really) there was I believe no Gltich problem. Under WinXP there probably are also no problems, only under Win7, besides, 32 bits or 64 bits probably play no role!

Thanks for listen and sorry for my bad English, german style

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy