Download the Latest VCI-100SE Mapping (3.6.4)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Download the Latest VCI-100SE Mapping (3.6.4)Reply
Download the Latest VCI-100SE Mapping (3.6.4)
Posted on: 01.11.2010 by Jodi Lacerra
Requirements
  • You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.
  • These files are compatible with firmware 1.2/1.3/1.4

To Load this file
  • Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab
  • If this is your first time loading the TSI file, please load it 2 TIMES for the fx to load properly.
  • The 1st and 2nd time you run Traktor after importing this TSI file, the controller may lock up in fader fx mode. Just quit and re-open the program twice and the issue should go away.

What Settings to Load
  • MIDI: Everyone
  • EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
  • LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
  • ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

WHAT CHANGED?
  • Added support for the high res faders and jogs in firmware 1.4
  • Changed back original Play/Pause functionality. Use Shift + Play to "Re-Play".
  • Changed back the chained FX presets in the effect section (4 knobs and buttons) to old style
  • Shift + FX Preset 1 now turns on/off the Audio Recorder
  • Shift + Gain knob makes Gain have soft takeover
  • Shift + Headphone level controls Master Volume
  • Fixed Key knob functionality (Shift + Filter)
  • Made 2 tsi versions to fix incompatibility issues (FW 1.3 & FW 1.4). Note: FW 1.4 version will still work with older firmwares.
  • Other minor bug fixes
  • Updated walk through pdf to match mapping changes

Please also check that your In and Out ports are properly set to your VCI-100 (i.e., Vestax PC Controller)

Issues? Questions? Feedback is appreciated.

This mapping has also been modified to work with Traktor Pro 2. All of the same features and functionality remain as the mapping in this thread. Please see this thread: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28029
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by CodeMorse
Had an almost nasty issue yesterday with this mapping and my upgraded VCI 100 (FW1.4, overlays etc) the left play button didnt fire off twice in a row and as in the past the right channel threw a hissy fit and stopped, motor off style before going backwards (the nudge back button was stuck on) got it working again but i was on a 3 deck session with the fourth track on the way in when it happened, i wasnt using the jog at all at the time.

I'm running win 7 64, with TPro 1.27 installed, map 3.64 FW 1.4
any info would be appreciated
Have you had this issue multiple times? If so, can you consistently replicate the issue?
Chuck Intravia
Originally Posted by advantix00
How do I change the mapping if I want the CUE button to stop and place a cue point in the track while its playing, instead of when the track is playing and I press it, it stops the track and takes it back to where that cue point was?

I have FW 1.4 and 3.6.4 new mapping
You don't need to. Just press Shift + Cue Pause.
Read the manual that is given with the file! Lots of features that are not labelled
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by gingerman
Hi Flashflooder. Yeah i have tried that, and it does work, but i just dont get why it worked fine before and now it dont, traktor just seems a little bit unstable sometimes. It cost me roughly
Odilia Gatica
Hi Flashflooder. Yeah i have tried that, and it does work, but i just dont get why it worked fine before and now it dont, traktor just seems a little bit unstable sometimes. It cost me roughly
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by flashflooder
...some other people have found a solution to the PC glitch issue for our VCI-100 mapping. One proposed solution that I have tested so far and found to work is to delete the Midi Out instances for the Juggle Cue Point LEDs on the bottom 4 buttons of each side.

To clarify what to do for those foreign to MIDI mapping and Traktor's Controller Manager is to go into Preferences->Controller Manager and then Select the appropriate "VCI-100SE..." mapping in the Device listbox.

Then you will want to sort thru the "Comments" section and look for the following lines to delete "Juggle Mode 1-4 Cue Point LEDs" and "Juggle Mode 5-8 Cue Point LEDs". There should be 4 instances of each, 8 total.

You do not need to delete the lines stating "Juggle Mode 1-4 LED" or "Juggle Mode 5-8 LED", those are for the Juggle Mode button LEDs and you will want visual LED response for those.
If you follow these steps, this should eliminate the Shift "glitch" noise.
Odilia Gatica
really? That is very strange. Does it consistently do this? It seems to work for almost everyone else.
I reloaded the tsi, and it has not freezed on me since, so it must have been pure coincidence I am experiencing some 'shift glitch' now though, which i was not before, and i cant seem to get rid of it, ive tried different tsi's that i know were working perfectly before, and i have not changed any settings in traktor/audio4/PC, tried raising latency etc to no avail
Delfina Lorimor
EDIT::::: I DL'd the v4 and it seems to work so nvm

Hello, Im am having a problem. I try to run the vci-100 v3.6.4 for traktor 2 and the cue points are fucked. I cannot toggle cue's 1-4 or 5-8 with the two buttons in the top left corner. also, my start stop with no cue points toggle doesnt work.
-I went to traktro 2, opened and imported with the big button on the bottom left, then re-imported again. then i closed and opened traktor 2 twice and it still is fucked.
--I am running mac 10.5.8 with traktor 2.01.
---Any help will be appreciated, thanks
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by CodeMorse
Had an almost nasty issue yesterday with this mapping and my upgraded VCI 100 (FW1.4, overlays etc) the left play button didnt fire off twice in a row and as in the past the right channel threw a hissy fit and stopped, motor off style before going backwards (the nudge back button was stuck on) got it working again but i was on a 3 deck session with the fourth track on the way in when it happened, i wasnt using the jog at all at the time.

Have you had this issue multiple times? If so, can you consistently replicate the issue?
Chuck Intravia
Originally Posted by advantix00
How do I change the mapping if I want the CUE button to stop and place a cue point in the track while its playing, instead of when the track is playing and I press it, it stops the track and takes it back to where that cue point was?

You don't need to. Just press Shift + Cue Pause.
Read the manual that is given with the file! Lots of features that are not labelled
Shizuko Alea

Shaquana Wesselhoff

Jodi Lacerra
Janna Gutwein
try selecting the "usb audio device" ... thats how the vci shows up in my config selection in traktor pro, yet in other apps (bomes for example) its listed as "Vestax Pc controller" ?? go figure eh!
Somer Vaudo
Yer,

Thanks for your reply. I have ordered it from DJTT this week, will that solve the problem?

Tim
Tatum Ansaldo
what SHOULD you do? Get a firmware upgrade.
Somer Vaudo
Hi,

I am having a problem where no matter what I have tried (ie running the Traktor set up wizard again) I cannot select Vestax PC-CONTROLLER from the Port Settings drop down. All that are showing are None, USB Audio Device or All Ports. I am running firmware 1.3, Traktor 1.2.7 on clean install of XP SP2.

I did the import twice using the large button. Am I missing something?

Help please!
Gino Henderlight
IT KILLS ME!!

sry guys^^

i formated my pc and now i just want to bring all my stuff on.
i installed traktor pro and connected my vestax vci 100 controller like before.
i forgot to save my preset i downloaded anywhere from DJTT.

so i just loaded the new official one and tried.
but here comes the problem: no echo freeze anymore

at first i thought i had the wrong .tsi so i tried a different.
but the one i downloaded should provide that and i'm pretty sure that this is the one i used before.

i know its for firmwar 1.3++ and my vestax is 1.2 BUT it did work before formating , at least the echo freeze stuff.

what should i do?!
Odilia Gatica
Jodi Lacerra
...some other people have found a solution to the PC glitch issue for our VCI-100 mapping. One proposed solution that I have tested so far and found to work is to delete the Midi Out instances for the Juggle Cue Point LEDs on the bottom 4 buttons of each side.

To clarify what to do for those foreign to MIDI mapping and Traktor's Controller Manager is to go into Preferences->Controller Manager and then Select the appropriate "VCI-100SE..." mapping in the Device listbox.

Then you will want to sort thru the "Comments" section and look for the following lines to delete "Juggle Mode 1-4 Cue Point LEDs" and "Juggle Mode 5-8 Cue Point LEDs". There should be 4 instances of each, 8 total.

You do not need to delete the lines stating "Juggle Mode 1-4 LED" or "Juggle Mode 5-8 LED", those are for the Juggle Mode button LEDs and you will want visual LED response for those.
If you follow these steps, this should eliminate the Shift "glitch" noise.
Odilia Gatica
really? That is very strange. Does it consistently do this? It seems to work for almost everyone else.
I reloaded the tsi, and it has not freezed on me since, so it must have been pure coincidence I am experiencing some 'shift glitch' now though, which i was not before, and i cant seem to get rid of it, ive tried different tsi's that i know were working perfectly before, and i have not changed any settings in traktor/audio4/PC, tried raising latency etc to no avail
Patty Magargle
Can anyone tell me how I can adjust the tsi so that I dont loose sync when using either slice or echo via the jog dials?

TIA
Janna Gutwein
First off .. congrats on the mapping, awesome job. On the subject of the glitch noise when activating juggle mode etc I was getting the same issue but after following flashflooders advice to delete the led outputs the problem has gone completely. Works a treat.

Did make me kinda curious though as to whether its more of a power related issue (ie trying to suck too much juice from the usb bus (max 500ma I believe from memory but could be wrong there)). I was pondering trying to power vci from external source and see if that helped/made worse etc. Anyways, as stated, problem now seems resolved - thanks for advice. My setup is T Pro 1.2.7 - vci100se (1.4FW) - WXP Pro SP3 - 1.5GB Ram - Creative Audigy2 (ASIO Drivers)
Jodi Lacerra
I just tried flashflooders advice above for the glitch issue, and it made traktor crash, which has not happened before, so for me it made things worse!
Lenora Brunett
Order the list by comments
:eek: OMG

I didn't know one could re-order the list... that's indeed the best way for me to use the descriptive comments to find out all FADER FX attached stuff...

thanks for this little tip that will be really helpful!

cheers
Tatum Ansaldo
Order the list by comments, if you're lucky they'll all start with 'Fader FX'. The whole mapping is meticulously commented.
Lenora Brunett
I also added a tempo LED pulse on the LOOP/2 - LOOPx2 Button for each deck..cool visual for making sure everything is sync'd and doesn't have any glitch or functionality issues
interesting stuff, would you share the tip?

I've tried some other times to turn the FADER FX mode into the JOG BROWSER mode I spoke about in my last post,
but there are so many stuff assigned to this button and associated faders/jogs FX assignations... that I still can't manage to wipe out all this fader fx mode...

Is there someone that could tell me the complete list of every line in the 3.6.4 TSI that are here for the FADER FX mode? or at least some clues to help me solve this out?

I'll be glad to share my altered TSI with Job Browser and other features like Steveo 1313's pulsing loop leds....

cheers friends
Katlyn Dorval
Originally Posted by Lalle-Lectro
Yeah , it works now after deactivate shift led,s and the led,s from juggle mode , i have no glitches now , if i press shift.

Thx a lot

Greetings from Germany

System : Vci 100 SE 1.4 Firmware , 3.6.4 mapping (PC) , Win7 64

Thanks for posting this..I fixed it once..then felt froggy and started messing with the tsi w/o exporting it..ended up screwing things up and reloaded the original 3.6.4 and got too lazy to fix the glitch. I also added a tempo LED pulse on the LOOP/2 - LOOPx2 Button for each deck..cool visual for making sure everything is sync'd and doesn't have any glitch or functionality issues
Teodora Hancharik
Originally Posted by phantom
sorry, but i don't find anything about sampler :-( cold you tell me something? i don't understand very well english!
It's 4:15 minutes into the video (part 1)

Taken from the TSI 3.6 walkthrough

Sampler
The sampler requires use of the FX bank 3 which is also used for the SLICE button. To engage the sampler, press and hold the SAMPLE button and select the desired deck to be sampled with either of the (now) flashing headphone cue buttons.

The VOL knob in the Sampler section will control the Volume of the Sample in comparison to the deck's playing audio. This is changing the overall Slicer FX3 Dry/Wet.

The GLITCH knob will cut up the Sample in
Irvin Welvaert
sorry, but i don't find anything about sampler :-( cold you tell me something? i don't understand very well english!
Teodora Hancharik
Originally Posted by phantom
hi to all, could you explain me what is sampler mode?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mcgR...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBEN...layer_embedded
Irvin Welvaert
hi to all, could you explain me what is sampler mode?
Luci Delmotte
I still haven't quite finished rewriting the VCI-100 from scratch to simplify and condense it, but in the meantime some other people have found a solution to the PC glitch issue for our VCI-100 mapping. One proposed solution that I have tested so far and found to work is to delete the Midi Out instances for the Juggle Cue Point LEDs on the bottom 4 buttons of each side.

If you try this method and find that it doesn't work for you, please let me know. Thanks!
Yeah , it works now after deactivate shift led,s and the led,s from juggle mode , i have no glitches now , if i press shift.

Thx a lot

Greetings from Germany

System : Vci 100 SE 1.4 Firmware , 3.6.4 mapping (PC) , Win7 64
Lenora Brunett
Hi,

I just acquired Traktor Pro so I tested my recently VCI100 SE FW1.4 upgraded version with this TSI,

and I'm really enjoying it so far, it's incredible how deep the controller can access!

loving the juggle modes, fx presets, fx control, routing, loop control...

I definitely love the slice and echo functions...

The sampler, the 4 decks control and full FX routings... shortcuts for every little function, this is def great!

thats absolutely worth the 50 bucks I paid for the upgrade kit and the layer plate

I have a question for those of you who worked on this template, here it is:

Where are the assignations for FADER FX MODE ??

I'd like to swap this out, I don't need it and this would give me room to enable a jogwheel browser mode as I did with my old traktor duo TSI... the FADER FX button would open browser wide, and left jog scrolls up and down into the left tree browser, right jog scrolls the file browser. load the file as usual with the load buttons, and you can still use the list buttons to uo/down incrementally

I'd be glad to share my updated TSI with this jog-browser mode instead of fader FX,

I just have to know what lines in the midi mapping I have to swap out, and the operator used for the fader fx button...

I tried to dive in but your tsi is so deep that I quite lost my mind

Thanks a lot in advance

cheers & love
Odilia Gatica
I just tried flashflooders advice above for the glitch issue, and it made traktor crash, which has not happened before, so for me it made things worse!
Shon Priemer
Has anyone changed the mapping for the play/pause to be play/replay as with the old mapping? if so would you mind posting or giving instuctions on how to change the mapping?.

Many Thanks
Francesco Kewish
About the issue reported above about the controller lock up:

I've loaded twice as told to get fx to work propperly, nevertheless traktor crashes... i've only tried two times then i've packed up the stuff. Is there any known problem?

I've loaded the 1.4 firmware with a serial usb cable but it seamed ok and disco mode was working. Now traktor started to crash. Please help?
Scarlett Saupp
Sweet. Finally got around to upgrading to FW1.4, and keen to check out flashflooders latest creation
Somer Vanstraten
I still haven't quite finished rewriting the VCI-100 from scratch to simplify and condense it, but in the meantime some other people have found a solution to the PC glitch issue for our VCI-100 mapping. One proposed solution that I have tested so far and found to work is to delete the Midi Out instances for the Juggle Cue Point LEDs on the bottom 4 buttons of each side.

If you try this method and find that it doesn't work for you, please let me know. Thanks!
Can't wait to test the new mapping, i hope it resolves also the freeze issue.

Will djtt provide a new mapping when the new traktor will be release?
Jodi Lacerra

Somer Vanstraten
For those who are using PCs and are getting the glitch noise issues when pressing Shift or either of the Juggle Buttons, I believe I have found a solution.

In order to properly test the problem, I got my PC to consistently experience those glitch issues and am working on a mapping that has nearly all the same functionality but without any glitch noises.

After close examination, I couldn't figure out any single function or group of functions that was causing the noise so I started just re-writing the entire mapping from scratch and checking to see if the glitch noise came back after each function I added in.

At this point, I am nearly done, I just need to fix up Fader FX, the sampler (which I am going to change a bit) and the FX presets. Otherwise, it seems to work fine (although I need to test it further).

Just letting you PC people know, so you don't lose hope on your VCI-100. If anyone absolutely needs a mapping like this to play out live on their PC let me know (email me or post on this thread) and I can send you what I have so far. I just don't want to post it on the community s until it's fully done and tested.
great great GREAT!
in the meanwhile, i eliminate the glitch noise deleting led out for play cue echo and slicer button, in arcade ed they aren't necessary, and doing it, resolve the problem for me.
Hope your new tsi fix the freeze of fader fx when using right fader.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy