So... I just went to my room to do a mix...

Home :: General Discussion :: So... I just went to my room to do a mix...Reply
So... I just went to my room to do a mix...
Posted on: 03.12.2013 by Alycia Niederriter
And then... My headphones don't work.

I use Traktor Pro 2 with Numark Mixtrack Pro I and the headphones are Sennheiser HD-25 II. I use a pretty shitty SteelSeries USB sound card which looks like this. I also have a sub woofer connected to 2 floor speakers with a little speaker on my desk for a centre speaker. RCA to mini jack comes from the sub woofer in to my sound card.

I have searched through Google and through the DJTT community s and I haven't found a solution (yet). I have tried ASIO4ALL and sound doesn't even come out from my speakers let alone my headphones. I don't know what other options I have at this current point in time which is why I am asking you guys.

Cheers Tech Toolers
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by dripstep
wait until you have more gear to set up in the dark, while someone is playing.
Would actually love to see this.
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by Daily Crisis
Yep but there are 2 lots of RCA slots on the back of my Mixtrack... Are you suggesting I only use one? Because there is only one lot of RCA slots on my sub.
Just use 1 output, no need to use both.
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by sarasin
Copy Paste?

No mate....typing at the same time...you beat me to enter it.

When I re-fresh...your post is there.

OK, I am out...this is getting silly now.
I'm sorry, I'm stupid when it comes to these things lol.
Alycia Niederriter
You need straight RCA to RCA cables. They connect the back of your Mixtrack...to the AMP on your SUB.
Headphones plug into the Mixtrack.
USB from Mixtrack to Laptop\PC.

Thats it!

Mate, without being funny.....these are the BASICS u should know. You NEED to understand how this shit connects up.

If you have issues playing any where, this will be the stuff you look at to solve the issue.
Yep but there are 2 lots of RCA slots on the back of my Mixtrack... Are you suggesting I only use one? Because there is only one lot of RCA slots on my sub.
Lawana Mileto
Well the RCA cables can go in to the back of my Mixtrack Pro... But, where do the RCA cables then go? There are no where for the RCA cables to go, unless I purchase an amp...
Seriously brilliant.

The fact you already have RCA's plugged in to it and yet are asking where it would go.

Honestly these are the extreme basics.
Tera Baragan
Thanks for your help man. Will change my set up now.
LOL Daily stop trolling please
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by amadeus
Yes RCA to RCA, what ever length you require.

Hilarious thread.
Well the RCA cables can go in to the back of my Mixtrack Pro... But, where do the RCA cables then go? There are no where for the RCA cables to go, unless I purchase an amp...
Lawana Mileto
Yes, the RCA cables are converting to mini jack and the mini jack is then going to my USB soundcard, which then goes to my computer. I have 2 RCA to mini jack leads which can possibly be used for the back of my Mixtrack Pro. Do I need to get a different cable?

Hilarious thread.
Alycia Niederriter
You have RCA's plugged into the AMP (built into the Sub)....where are the RCA's coming from? Sound Card I bet....

The rest of your speakers are plugged into the Sub. i can see that already....

Did you even check the Traktor setup diagrams? They will help you.....
Yes, the RCA cables are converting to mini jack and the mini jack is then going to my USB soundcard, which then goes to my computer. I have 2 RCA to mini jack leads which can possibly be used for the back of my Mixtrack Pro. Do I need to get a different cable?
Alycia Niederriter
LOL

Yep, exactly. Run the RCA Outs to your AMP, which your Speakers should be wired into.

The USB Port on the Controller runs to your PC\laptop. Its the Printer type of USB cable.
Flat on one side (that goes into the laptop) and the square side goes into the controller.

In Traktor, set the Audio Device to be your Controller.

BOB's your Uncle!

Doing that will negate the need for the USB Sound Card you have and also work a hell of a lot better.

OH yes, headphones then go into the Controllers headphone port. If you need an adapter to get the jack to be bigger...they are pretty cheap.
Wait... I don't have an amp. Does this mean I have to purchase an amp? I was looking to see if I could plug it in to the back of my subwoofer. But I can't.

IMG_0660[1].jpg
Latoria Kavulich
Closing this one.
OP, ditch the second card and take some of the above advice to heart. Its audio routing 101 mate.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Please refer to Page 3 of the Manual it will explain exactly what to plugin where.

*if you can't find it / lost it / dog ate it etc.... it can be found in google by searching "mix track pro manual"
Augustine Mitzen
don't forget to plug it all in the power outlet m8, you might need an RCA to power plug cable tho
Lilliana Perris
He has other speakers plugged into his Sub it seems, so I would just route from Mixtrack to Sub Amp inputs.

That would get him going the correct way.
Lawana Mileto
wait until you have more gear to set up in the dark, while someone is playing.
Would actually love to see this.
Yong Aptekar
One output is your booth, one is your main. They do the same thing, so plug one end into there. The other end has to wait until you have an amp, or a stereo with an aux input because you don't want to mix off of just a sub.
Heads up though, this thread killed your street cred

If you believe this stuff is hard, wait until you have more gear to set up in the dark, while someone is playing. You have much to learn young padawan.
Lawana Mileto
Just use 1 output, no need to use both.
Hank Guidas
Been DJ'ing for 5 years. Sorry for hi-jacking this. But what is RCA and USB?
Alycia Niederriter
Copy Paste?

No mate....typing at the same time...you beat me to enter it.

When I re-fresh...your post is there.

Alycia Niederriter
You need straight RCA to RCA cables. They connect the back of your Mixtrack...to the AMP on your SUB.

Thats it!

Mate, without being funny.....these are the BASICS u should know. You NEED to understand how this shit connects up.

If you have issues playing any where, this will be the stuff you look at to solve the issue.
Lawana Mileto
Seriously brilliant.

The fact you already have RCA's plugged in to it and yet are asking where it would go.

Honestly these are the extreme basics.
Lilliana Perris
Tera Baragan
LOL Daily stop trolling please
Hank Guidas
I have no idea what you guys are on about, but I really like this thread

my 2 cents
Lilliana Perris

Thats it!

Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by amadeus

Hilarious thread.
Lawana Mileto

Hilarious thread.
Alycia Niederriter
You have RCA's plugged into the AMP (built into the Sub)....where are the RCA's coming from? Sound Card I bet....

Lilliana Perris

Alycia Niederriter
LOL

Yep, exactly. Run the RCA Outs to your AMP, which your Speakers should be wired into.

The USB Port on the Controller runs to your PC\laptop. Its the Printer type of USB cable.
Flat on one side (that goes into the laptop) and the square side goes into the controller.

BOB's your Uncle!

Doing that will negate the need for the USB Sound Card you have and also work a hell of a lot better.

OH yes, headphones then go into the Controllers headphone port. If you need an adapter to get the jack to be bigger...they are pretty cheap.
Wait... I don't have an amp. Does this mean I have to purchase an amp? I was looking to see if I could plug it in to the back of my subwoofer. But I can't.

IMG_0660[1].jpg
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by arsman
I am wondering how you missed this. I know that you connect the mixtrack pro to the computer using a usb to power it on.
I honestly thought it was a MIDI slot lol.
Alycia Niederriter
LOL

BOB's your Uncle!

Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by 3heads
Hey Daily Crisis, I'm new to DJing and was wondering if you could maybe teach me the ropes. I'm desperately looking for a mentor.
b sirius
Celestine Porebski
Hey Daily Crisis, I'm new to DJing and was wondering if you could maybe teach me the ropes. I'm desperately looking for a mentor.
Lilliana Perris
"Def not USB, even tho it says USB...."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH Sorry....its just funny...is all.
Lilliana Perris
LOL!!!!

We on his case now!!

Explain yourself Sir!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Petra Arra
Definitely not a USB slot, even though it says USB on it.
I am wondering how you missed this. I know that you connect the mixtrack pro to the computer using a usb to power it on.
Lilliana Perris
LOL

BOB's your Uncle!

Tera Baragan
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. By the way, thanks for solving the problem. You tha man.
To clarify you need to plug the usb cord into your laptop(also a printer cord..). plug your rca outs into your speakers and then set up just the soundcard within your mixtrack pro. No need for another sound card at this moment.

There are 1/4 adapters for regular 1/8th headphones.
Alycia Niederriter
Why are you using 2 sound cards? I didn't see an answer above for that. If your controller has a built in sound card, use the headphone jack on your controller, and run your audio from the controller to your stereo/speakers. Using 2 sound cards is like having 2 steering wheels in your car.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. By the way, thanks for solving the problem. You tha man.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy